Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

Kevin Durant is being an annoying bitch. Sorry but I’m over his ridiculous demands. Brooklyn should get rid of him and get the best they can and stop expecting every thing on the other team back and move on.

• Like 5

The 2022-23 NBA Season Schedule will be out later in the week. But, we already got our Christmas Day Matchups basically set. 

76ers - Knicks 

😒 This game is going to suck on so many levels & the Knicks being there again makes it even worse. Nice to see Adam Silver wanting to torture their audience on Christmas by having the sucky Knicks around again.

Bucks - Celtics 

🙄 I should be somewhat excited about this. But, we already got this game last Christmas. Plus, I'm still pissed at the Celtics. Thanks for nothing Celtics. Speaking of that...

Grizzlies - Those Warriors 

😐 If the Grizzlies want to show those wretched viled disgusting Warriors (🤬) that they mean business this season & start redeeming themselves, they will find a way to win that game. Besides, I can't stomach Steph being Steph on Christmas after having to suffer throughout the Playoffs with that. Besides, we all know who ESPN will be rooting for & worshipping. 

Lakers - Mavericks 

😖 Except for LeBron being LeBron, this game is going to be flat out garbage. I'm sure that Street Clothes & Russell Westbrook will bring in the entertainment so that it'll make watching Spectrum Sportsnet Lakers Postgame Show fun to watch. 

Suns - Nuggets

😑 Even with Chis Paul & Nikola Jokic, this game fells kind of "meh" to me. 

• Useful 1

The Knicks have sucked for the better part of two decades and the only part I enjoy for the Lakers always being on is the schadenfreude when they get their asses kicked especially the last five or so years when they suck. I know NY/LA are big markets but the teams are crap. You don't see Sacramento or Detroit or Washington getting Christmas games, much less every year.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Magog said:

The 2022-23 NBA Season Schedule will be out later in the week. But, we already got our Christmas Day Matchups basically set. 

That's a lot of words you wrote when you could have just said bah humbug.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

LeBron just agreed to a 2 yr extension to the Lakers. Its a 2yr contract extension worth 97 Million through the 2024-25 season. Yay.

Russell Westbrook (47 Million) is still on the team despite Jeannie Buss & Magic Johnson trying their damnest to get rid of him. Once he is gone after next season, I'm very curious to see who Jeannie & Magic are going to try to recruit to the Lakers next off season. I'm sure there is somebody (other than Kyrie) that really wants to play for the Lakers. Everyone want to play for the Lakers according to Magic Johnson.

I'm also wondering how the Lakers are going to get Bronny on the team in 2 yrs since they probably won't have any Draft picks to get him there.

Edited by Magog
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Magog said:

LeBron just agreed to a 2 yr extension to the Lakers. Its a 2yr contract extension worth 97 Million through the 2024-25 season. Yay.

Russell Westbrook (47 Million) is still on the team despite Jeannie Buss & Magic Johnson trying their damnest to get rid of him. Once he is gone after next season, I'm very curious to see who Jeannie & Magic are going to try to recruit to the Lakers next off season. I'm sure there is somebody (other than Kyrie) that really wants to play for the Lakers. Everyone want to play for the Lakers according to Magic Johnson.

I'm also wondering how the Lakers are going to get Bronny on the team in 2 yrs since they probably won't have any Draft picks to get him there.

When is AD's contract up?

20 hours ago, Magog said:

Russell Westbrook (47 Million) is still on the team despite Jeannie Buss & Magic Johnson trying their damnest to get rid of him. Once he is gone after next season, I'm very curious to see who Jeannie & Magic are going to try to recruit to the Lakers next off season.

You do realize that Rob Pelinka is the GM (with LeBron as the shadow GM)?

Magic is just a cheerleader at this point.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, xaxat said:

You do realize that Rob Pelinka is the GM (with LeBron as the shadow GM)?

Yes. But nobody gives a damn about him. Rob Pelinka basically didn't get very much credit for the Lakers 2020 Championship. Kurt Rambis & his wife (Linda Rambis) get talked about more & get blamed more for the Lakers suckiness than Rob Pelinka. Stephen A Smith is always showing us his anger at Kurt Rambis & Linda Rambis than he does at Rob Pelinka when it comes to the Lakers. I wish that he would show that same energy towards Jeannie Buss.

23 hours ago, xaxat said:

Magic is just a cheerleader at this point.

He's always been a cheerleader for the Lakers & he's always willing to help the Lakers by any means necessary. 

15 minutes ago, Magog said:

Stephen A Smith is always showing us his anger at Kurt Rambis & Linda Rambis than he does at Rob Pelinka when it comes to the Lakers. I wish that he would show that same energy towards Jeannie Buss.

And Stephen A Smith matters because? He is a fool, and not in the good sense of the word. I think we can all ignore the Lakers for the next two years really. They will not be contenders for anything. Go Clips!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2022 at 2:32 PM, isalicat said:

And Stephen A Smith matters because? He is a fool, and not in the good sense of the word.

Well, the guy is a fool except when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys. 

On 8/19/2022 at 2:32 PM, isalicat said:

I think we can all ignore the Lakers for the next two years really. They will not be contenders for anything. Go Clips!

LeBron will definitely try to make sure that the Lakers will try to contend for a title. I'm not so sure about the rest of their sorry teammates & those losers at ownership. As for the Clippers, we should also ignore them for next season because there is no way in hell that they stand a punchers chance against those Warriors. 

Speaking of being a fool, Kevin Durant is staying for the Nets for another season. Yay. 😒

Now he & Kyrie Irving have to pray that Ben Simmons somehow gets a heart & gives a damn for next season Frankly, he really sucks & he won't be much better for the Nets like he was for the 76ers.

1 hour ago, Magog said:

Speaking of being a fool, Kevin Durant is staying for the Nets for another season. Yay. 😒

Now he & Kyrie Irving have to pray that Ben Simmons somehow gets a heart & gives a damn for next season Frankly, he really sucks & he won't be much better for the Nets like he was for the 76ers.

The only reason Kyrie opted in is for guaranteed money and because Brooklyn didn't want Westbrook. Let's see how long it takes him to take his weeks-long sabbatical from the team this year. Ben Simmons still can't shoot and hasn't played basketball for a year and a half. Brooklyn probably promised Durant they'd trade him next summer when the offers were better if he played nice this year.

The Nets won't stink and they won't bottom out but I don't see them being a contender in the East the way ESPN seems to think.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Between the three of them KD, Kyrie, and Simmons will make 115 million dollars next season.  Any bets for how many combined games they'll play?

Over the 11 that KD/Kyrie/Harden played, but not by much. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Between the three of them KD, Kyrie, and Simmons will make 115 million dollars next season.  Any bets for how many combined games they'll play?

Tough question. I'm more comfortable predicting that, by Christmas, the Nets will have imploded, the media will have declared the trio a disaster and the whole team will play the blame game with each other for the reason why the team is far below expectations.

All while Donovan Mitchell, RJ Barrett and the Knicks are undefeated at that point in the season.

(OK, that last part may be more of a wish than an actual prediction...but still...)

• Wink 2
  • Useful 1

Yikes I just read about Chet. I feel bad for the guy hopefully it’s not too bad but this isn’t really surprising. Hopefully he can work on his body to get it to nba standards.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, twoods said:

I can’t with these fools.

Speaking of that, Pat Bev just got sent to the Lakers from the sorry Jazz for THT (Talen Horton Tucker) & Stanley Johnson. I always enjoyed his energy, attitude, & demeanor when he's playing, so it really saddens me that he's now a Laker. It going to be the opposite of enjoyable with him now playing with the Lakers.The Jazz suck as usual & the Timberwolves are absolute fools (as usual) for getting rid of Pat Bev for Rudy Gobert. Rudy Gobert will not help KAT & the Timberwolves take that next step in the upcoming season.

I wish him the best but I feel like Chet will be a bust too. He looks like he could snap at any moment. Unless he bulks up a bit I can’t see how he will last in the NBA. 

Chet Holmgren might have torn ligaments in his foot.

He played in one of the pro-am games a couple of weeks ago and was defending LeBron on a crossover.

Now, its look like his rookie season is over before it even starts. 

ESPN - OKC Chet Holmgren will miss 2022-20223 season with foot injury.

Edited by Magog
  • Sad 3

An amazing stat that was bouncing around ESPN today is that the last time the Knicks extended the contract of a rookie they had drafted was Charlie Ward back in the nineties. 

I remember those days. "Who is the best QB in the city? Charlie Ward!"

• Love 1

R.J. Barrett is that good. He averaged 20 points as a 22-year-old and has gotten better every season. He is the future of the Knicks.

Which means, sadly, he'll be traded to Utah for Donovan Mitchell, who will be another expensive disaster because the Knicks gave up too much for him.

*sigh*

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

R.J. Barrett is that good. He averaged 20 points as a 22-year-old and has gotten better every season. He is the future of the Knicks.

Which means, sadly, he'll be traded to Utah for Donovan Mitchell, who will be another expensive disaster because the Knicks gave up too much for him.

*sigh*

I didn't think the Jazz wanted to trade for any long term contracts. They're in full blow-it-up mode.

But I also don't think the Knicks will work with Barrett, Brunson and Mitchell. They're not complementary pieces and Barrett is probably best suited to play shooting guard anyway. I suspect this might be the Knicks pulling the plug on trading for Mitchell, or at least challenging Ainge to drop his asking price considerably.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Utah is trading Donovan Mitchell to Cleveland for: Lauri Markkanen, Ochair Agbaji, Collin Sexton, three unprotected first-round picks and two pick swaps, according to Woj.

I really like this trade for Cleveland. They're on the upswing and this really could help them take the next step. As for Utah, Danny Ainge is going to have to really prove he's the next Jerry West (Basketball executive-wise).

• Like 1
22 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Utah is trading Donovan Mitchell to Cleveland for: Lauri Markkanen, Ochair Agbaji, Collin Sexton, three unprotected first-round picks and two pick swaps, according to Woj.

To be honest, I'm pretty surprised that the Cavaliers found a way to get Donovan Mitchell from the sorry Jazz. He will be a big help to the Cavaliers taking that next step. Hopefully, he will learn how to play some defense since he is pretty horrible at that. Now, I have to hope that he can help lead the Cavaliers to another championship in 3 to 5 yrs. I'm already certain that the Cavaliers will win their 2nd NBA Title before the Knicks get another one (last title was in 1973). Hopefully, it will come very soon.

As for the sorry Jazz, I wish Collin Sexton, Lauri Markkanen, & Ochair Agbaji them well because they're going to need it. Hopefully, those guys will have an Andrew Wiggins type turnaround in their careers (hopefully not for the Lakers, Knicks, or those Warriors).

Speaking of the Knicks, a certain "so-called" Knicks fan was not happy about them not getting Donovan Mitchell & his sadness about the Knicks always put a smile on my face. 

Stephen A Smith ranting about the Knicks not getting Donovan Mitchell

Hey, Cleveland's got a waterfront...and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I mean, it's not exactly Miami or New York...but it's seven hours from the latter!

It's almost the same thing...maybe? *shrug*

And its also cheaper. 

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

It's not even about the money, it's the fact that he's still apart of the association.  Say what you will when TPTB would rather not have a player on television that taints their league, with conduct detrimental to an organization.  Which is fair enough; this is a team owner, and sure the guy isn't on the TV (as much), but it's a bit of a surprise he's still apart of the NBA

• Like 1

After reading this summary, I can safely say that Sarver is garbage.

Repeatedly—at least five times, according to the investigation—used the n-word in claiming to repeat what a Black person had said, even after being told multiple times by his Black (and white) employees that he was out of line for doing so.

Made an array of lewd comments about players’ sex lives, jokingly suggesting that he should fly in a “plane of girls to keep players in their room” while the Suns were on a road trip back in 2012–13 and jokingly said the organization should have players impregnate local Phoenix strippers as a way to gain a sort of home-court advantage in free agency in 2015.

Commented that one player’s significant other likely gave “good blow jobs,” and made crude remarks about the Suns players and the size of their genitalia. (The investigation also claims one witness said Sarver asked players back in 2009–10, one by one, whether they shaved their testicles.)

And the list goes on for several more bullet points. And this is just the behavior that could be documented. I'm sure it happened routinely. On top of all of that Sarver pulled the "I'm sorry if you were offended by what I said" non-apology. As the article states, he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Garbage.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Poor widdle Wobert Sarver can't understand why people are being so mean to him. I guess he'll have go home and cry into his billions.

Sarver also owns a major real estate company. I can't imagine his behavior is any better there.

• Love 4

Seems like Boston Celtics coach Ime Udoka has been (somewhat literally) caught with his pants down, and could face a significant suspension.

Per ESPN:

Boston Celtics coach Ime Udoka is facing disciplinary action expected to include a significant suspension for his role in a consensual, intimate relationship with a woman who is a member of the franchise's staff, sources told ESPN on Wednesday night.

The relationship was considered a violation of the organization's guidelines, and a decision on the length of that suspension is expected to come as soon as Thursday, sources said. While no final decision has been made, internal discussions have included scenarios that would keep Udoka out for the entirety of the 2022-23 season, sources said.

It isn't believed that Udoka's job is in jeopardy, sources said.

Moral issues aside (Udoka is cheating on his fiancé, actress Nia Long), I have to wonder about the power dynamics that are actually involved here. If this staffer worked for Udoka then he definitely deserves a suspension, but if she worked for a different department then I have to throw some shade on the team's decision here. This isn't 1922- consensual relationships are a thing at a lot of workplaces and consensual extramarital affairs are not illegal. Sure, Udoka and Long have some issues now to sort out and that won't be pretty (the two have a son together who will be 11 this year) and Udoka doesn't look that honourable an individual, but if it doesn't affect the power balance in the organization, why should the team care?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Moral issues aside (Udoka is cheating on his fiancé, actress Nia Long), I have to wonder about the power dynamics that are actually involved here. If this staffer worked for Udoka then he definitely deserves a suspension, but if she worked for a different department then I have to throw some shade on the team's decision here. This isn't 1922- consensual relationships are a thing at a lot of workplaces and consensual extramarital affairs are not illegal. Sure, Udoka and Long have some issues now to sort out and that won't be pretty (the two have a son together who will be 11 this year) and Udoka doesn't look that honourable an individual, but if it doesn't affect the power balance in the organization, why should the team care?

Different department or not there's an inherent power imbalance between the coach and a random staffer, just like there would be if this was a player.  The team may or may not actually care about the affair, but they must be worried about someone else raising a stink regarding toxicity in the organization, etc. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Different department or not there's an inherent power imbalance between the coach and a random staffer, just like there would be if this was a player.  The team may or may not actually care about the affair, but they must be worried about someone else raising a stink regarding toxicity in the organization, etc. 

If she's say, the VP of marketing I doubt Ime Udoka would have much sway over whether or not she gets to keep her job. Udoka may be more publicly visible, but this isn't college where the coach literally looms large over the school- Udoka is just another member of the Celtics' staff.

If Udoka was sleeping around and trying to seduce every female Celtics worker there would definitely be an issue. On the other hand, if this was just a friendship that blossomed into a relationship that, morally, shouldn't have happened and it's not affecting the workplace or either person's ability to do their job then I see no issue other than the moral issue.

• Love 1