Type keyword(s) to search

Wishing On A Star: What We Want To Happen

• Start Topic

It would have been cool to see magic come to Storybrooke without everyone's memories. I would have rather seen the cursed personalities slowly coming to terms with their real roots instead of an immediate realization. Even with magic, it could have been a gradual process. Regina and Rumple would be working to get their full powers back, while stuff like Ruby turning into a wolf or mythical beasts popping up would be going on. That, to me, is more of a "fairy tales in the real world" scenario. But maybe it's too close to Haven.

I think S6 might be dealing with cursed personalities again, al a flash sideways.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Last weekend, I was visiting a friend who lives in a subdivision with storybook-related street names -- I have to turn onto "Hook" and pass "Robin Hood" to reach "Heidi," where she lives, and that made me think that we're due to get this show's version of Heidi. Of course, she'd be a villain (probably misunderstood), controlling her army of goats with her powerful magical yodel and holding a grudge against cities, which should all be destroyed so everyone can live in the pristine wilderness. She'll want to wipe out Storybrooke to make it into a pasture for her goats.

• Love 1
Of course Rumplestiltskin will play the role of Alm Uncle.

Nah, I think in this one, the tie will be to that dastardly White clan. You see, in the years before Leo and Evil Eva had Snow and she was longing for a child, they were out touring the mountainous portion of their kingdom (a half hour walk away from the rest of the kingdom), and her heart went out to this orphan girl living alone in a shack with an old man and having to spend her days herding goats, so she took the girl back to the palace with her. But Heidi was heartbroken at being away from her beloved mountains (even though they were a half hour walk away) and having to live in a palace, so she became dark and bitter before escaping. Now she wants to destroy all palaces and towns.

• Love 3

If only they didn't drop Will's storyline like a sack of sorry potatoes, this could have been the perfect way to send him off the mother show instead of having him wander around aimlessly for a season and occasionally make out with Belle. Will could have joined the gang on their journey into the Underworld because part of Ana's soul didn't return completely when she was originally revived in the Wonderland series, so along with Emma's mission to revive Hook from the Underworld, Will could have had a similar motivation to join Emma and revive Ana. Once he found Ana, they could bid everyone farewell and go back to Wonderland, and voila, they're nicely written off the show.

Honestly, I just wish we eventually get one line of dialogue that explains what the hell happened to Will and Ana and be done with it. I can't handle the writers destroying his character any further.

• Love 3

I wish for Emma to get an unequivocal victory -- a full-on "yay, we beat the bad guy, party at Granny's" win, with no mixed feelings because the person she beat was the second cousin of someone she cares about or someone who was once important to her, no horrible cost or consequences, not even an unintended accidental outcome, like bringing back Marian or Elsa. I want Emma to be the one who saves the day, perhaps with some teamwork assistance, but with it being clearly her in the lead with the ability and the will to make it happen, and then she gets to celebrate, and if they need an "uh oh" to cliffhang to the next season/arc, it needs to be something unrelated, like a consequence of something someone else does, shown in the final scene (like Elsa's arrival was).

No being frozen and helpless while someone else has to step up and save the day, no having to watch someone she feels sympathy for die, no having to sacrifice herself or anyone else, no "you ruined my life" (and it turning out to have brought back a villain) when she saves a life, no "you should have thought of the consequences, what else did you bring back?" no being immediately separated from her family. Just a pure win.

• Love 2

So I found this fairy tale about a serial killer.  It makes me wish they would do more episodes where they are investigating more 'real world' crimes in Storybrooke perpetrated by fairy tale characters.   Little Bo Peep as the nearest thing to a mafia don was a really good idea overshadowed by the appalling Anna/Charming fairyback.

(edited)

If only they didn't drop Will's storyline like a sack of sorry potatoes, this could have been the perfect way to send him off the mother show instead of having him wander around aimlessly for a season and occasionally make out with Belle. Will could have joined the gang on their journey into the Underworld because part of Ana's soul didn't return completely when she was originally revived in the Wonderland series, so along with Emma's mission to revive Hook from the Underworld, Will could have had a similar motivation to join Emma and revive Ana. Once he found Ana, they could bid everyone farewell and go back to Wonderland, and voila, they're nicely written off the show.

Honestly, I just wish we eventually get one line of dialogue that explains what the hell happened to Will and Ana and be done with it. I can't handle the writers destroying his character any further.

The irony:

The one instance where I would be jumping for joy if A&E decided to ruin continuity is if they would come out and say that 4a Will was pre-wonderland all-along. Please, throw out continuity and make it happen. It's probably one of my greatest wishes for this show.

And to make it more ridiculous, deciding to claim 4a Will was actually pre-wonderland Will all along would probably break less continuity than say, the Regina/Hook flashback scene in Swan Song or the stories behind Hook's rings.

His weird behavior/ the mystery revolving around what happened to Ana could be chalked up to the fact that she had ditched him for power and queen-ship.

The only thing that doesn't really work is that Wonderland was pegged to have taken place in season 2 due to the weather and hole in the road. And I guess the whole 28 yr time freeze thing, but that stuff is so wonky (do we know for certain if Will was dragged to Storybrooke by the original curse?), that I'm totally willing to forgive A&E for it if they just make things right. I'm desperate, okay.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

For Season 6 or future seasons, I would love them to do The Curse Was Never Cast in the EF. At least a few episodes as an AU if nothing else. That is, provided they don't end up showing how much better everything turned out since Regina killed her father and cast the curse.

• Love 1

For Season 6 or future seasons, I would love them to do The Curse Was Never Cast in the EF. At least a few episodes as an AU if nothing else. That is, provided they don't end up showing how much better everything turned out since Regina killed her father and cast the curse.

Of course they would make it so everyone was miserable and would thank Regina profusely for casting that curse...

Snow would have married some prince, never met Charming or had Emma. Charming married princess Abigail and was miserable. Hook would continue to pirate until he got killed trying to kill Rumple or drank himself to death...

• Love 2
(edited)

They're saving that for the series finale.  It's "What a Wonderful Life: The Regina Edition".  Emma plays the role of Clarence... she only gets her wings if Regina maxes out on feelings of self-worth.

Edited by Camera One

Killian's description of one of the places he's visited in this week's flashback made me want them to add some variety to the places we visit within the Enchanted Forest world. Arendelle at least had the Nordic architecture to change things around a bit, but otherwise, it seems like we keep seeing the same village, the same Ye Olde Tavern, and the same seaport, all in the same forest where all the kingdoms are within a day's walk of each other.

The seaport is CGI anyway, so they could have the Jolly Roger docked somewhere else for a change. The guest villain could be from some place else entirely, so we get a different look in the backstory flashbacks. Hook has traveled widely, so we could see him in a different place (when he met Ursula, we were at the same Ye Olde Tavern in the same seaport -- why not have her be from some other part of the world?). Surely there's somewhere around Vancouver with a little variation in landscape -- a flat field, rugged mountainous terrain, sandy beaches (we've seen that for Neverland, so can't they repurpose that and make it look different?).

Bonus points if it even remotely looks like a slightly different culture and not generic Northern European.

^ Agrabah and Wonderland showed decent variation in ouatiw.

One of my wishes is that we get a series finale as good as Wonderland's. That finale had me balling like a baby. Hardcore. I was a mess. They wrapped it up beautifully.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

One more wish: I would love it if they encountered a place that wasn't in a time bubble during the curse. I want the frozen time of the curse to matter somewhere, where we see the places affected by the curse being out of sync with other places. That's such a potentially interesting aspect of this world that they've skipped over entirely. All we have is Emma being the same age as her parents, and that barely means anything now. They keep doing handwaving to explain away any possible difference, like Cruella and Ursula using the eggshell to stay young, or "oh, didn't we tell you that Camelot was also in a time bubble."

So, I want Snow to run into a king in his 60s and realize that he was the young prince she played with as a child during some state event when their fathers were meeting up. Or I want a couple separated by the curse to be reunited, with one half of the couple having aged 28 years more than the other half of the couple and see how that affects them. Or maybe Liam 2.0 is now an adult about the same age as or even a bit older (physically) than his much older brother.

So, I want Snow to run into a king in his 60s and realize that he was the young prince she played with as a child during some state event when their fathers were meeting up.

They kind of did the reverse of that with Hercules.  Snow seemed quite shocked that he was still so young.

They kind of did the reverse of that with Hercules.  Snow seemed quite shocked that he was still so young.

That was what inspired my wish. It was an interesting role reversal, with her going rather motherly on him, and that made me think about how they seem to keep forgetting about the curse (although that situation had nothing to do with the curse) and then handwaving yet another time bubble to explain why there's no difference.

Like with Camelot, it might have been interesting if it was the young Wart-type Arthur Lancelot was with when the sword was pulled, then Lance got caught in the Coradome and came back to Camelot to find adult Arthur.

I'd like to see Percival, Sir Kay, Jacqueline, or Greg in the Underworld. It would have been cool if Emma saw Gerda to tell her how her daughters were doing. I would have liked to see Emma meet any of her grandparents, really. 

^ I wish we'd see Felix down in the Underworld. Pan and him were practically inseparable before Pan used him for the curse.

I'd love to see Merlin and Nimue again too, although I don't really know what Nimue's status is. Like is she GONE gone? Would her re-death send her back to the underworld? Is she just dust in the wind now??

I think a time jump would do wonders for the show, especially Jared Gilmore. Since this show loooooooves moving from one crisis to the other without a break, I doubt they'll do a time jump anything.

Henry definitely needs the SORAS treatment. With all these babies, it's almost like they're setting up a next generation sort of thing. I'd kind of like to see what happens to Alexandria, Phillip, Neal, Pistachio, and Babybelle.

(edited)

I wish for Emma and Hook to have another fun adventure together for an entire episode. There doesn't even need to be kissing involved, I just want a good old-fashioned romp in the Enchanted Forest, or Agrabah, or even Storybrooke. I want there to be hijinks, sword fights, and humorous bantering. Even though they had some decent screen time together during Camelot, it was all so focused on the Dark One stuff, and neither of them were truly acting with their real personalities during that time, so I can't even count that. Deckhand Hook and Emma were cute, but that only lasted for a few minutes and that wasn't Killian's true personality either. For an arc that's supposedly all about Emma rescuing Hook, they actually haven't spent much time together, and the time they have spent together has been so melodramatic and depressing. So the last time Hook and Emma have been able to spend an entire episode together and have a fun adventure just the two of them without either person being possessed by an evil dark curse was...you guessed it...the Season 3 finale. We're well overdue for a fun and exciting adventure with one of the show's main couples.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 10

I wish for Emma and Hook to have another fun adventure together for an entire episode. There doesn't even need to be kissing involved, I just want a good old-fashioned romp in the Enchanted Forest, or Agrabah, or even Storybrooke. I want there to be hijinks, sword fights, and humorous bantering. Even though they had some decent screen time together during Camelot, it was all so focused on the Dark One stuff, and neither of them were truly acting with their real personalities during that time, so I can't even count that. Deckhand Hook and Emma were cute, but that only lasted for a few minutes and that wasn't Killian's true personality either. For an arc that's supposedly all about Emma rescuing Hook, they actually haven't spent much time together, and the time they have spent together has been so melodramatic and depressing. So the last time Hook and Emma have been able to spend an entire episode together and have a fun adventure just the two of them without either person being possessed by an evil dark curse was...you guessed it...the Season 3 finale. We're well overdue for a fun and exciting adventure with one of the show's main couples.

OMFG...couldn't agree more! How do we smuggle you into the writers' room????

I may be getting one of my wishes. ..Killian's breakfast snark from last episode seems to indicate my favorite snarky pirate may have found his way back. The attitude was back.....now can we chuck the emo angst ridden Hook and have flirty inappropriately funny innuendo spouting Killian on a wild adventure with his True Love, who hopefully has HER awesome attitude from S1and S2 back? ??? Please?

• Love 3

Jen and Colin have such natural comedic timing and play off each other so well, so it astonishes me that for the past 30+ episodes the writers have gone out of their way to either separate their characters or make their scenes as melodramatic as possible. (You could probably say that about most of the relationships on this show.) We need some funny and flirty Captain Swan to balance out the angst. Even Star Wars, Adam & Eddy's favorite fairy tale, knows that humor is just as important as the drama.

Maybe my real wish is for the show to stop trying to be Downton Abbey melodramatic and become more of a fun, action-adventure fantasy like Stardust or The Princess Bride. 

• Love 5

Are they ever going to explain how Dorothy got back, or how Zelena got to Storybrooke, or how Zelena originallly got to the EF when everyone was gone or how Flying Monkeys exist in New York or...they need to just have a whole episode of the two producers explaining all their plot holes.

This part of a post over in Spoilers lead me to What I Want to Happen.  How about a "Pop Up Video" version of Once where the producers superimpose speech bubbles over characters during these 'wtf how did that happen?' moments so we no longer have to wonder.  Zelena appears in the nunnery? in Storybrooke, speech bubble reads "Surprise! You can't keep a good witch down! Zelena used random tornado portal / daughter tracking spell / globe / slippers  to reappear in Storybrooke!"  Answers probably wouldn't be satisfying, but could at least close the gaps.

• Love 3

What we need is an Aftershow, like the BBC used to do with Doctor Who, where on a secondary channel they have a show that airs immediately after the actual program in which some aspect of the production is discussed and there's behind-the-scenes stuff. On this show, they could explain things that weren't clear in the episode, tell us what happened offscreen between scenes, and maybe show the deleted scenes that didn't make the final cut even though they make the story actually make sense.

Or else there's that spinoff show, Once Upon a Time in Offscreenville, where we get to see such too-boring-for-the-show stuff as Hook's adventure after receiving Neal's note -- ditching a crew of pirates, frantically sailing singlehandedly (in his case, literally) while trying to outrun the curse, desperately searching for a magic bean, only to find that his enemy, Blackbeard, has one, wrestling with the decision of what to do before offering his ship, arriving in New York, and trying to track down Emma in this strange land. Because who would want to actually watch that kind of stuff? They have more exciting things to show us, like Henry sitting and staring at a book.

(edited)

The thing is, if you spend 40 minutes telling the story, and then you have to spend 20 minutes cleaning up the things you missed earlier?  You're failing.

There's a difference between sharing interesting tidbits and clearing up the occasional misperception, and having to retell the story over again.  

If they actually need an aftershow, instead of just having an aftershow be interesting side note, they're not doing what they're supposed to do.

I wish they would stop failing.

Edited by Mari

I wish this show aired on Netflix so we wouldn't have to deal with annoying commercials, the writers would have more freedom to fit in as much crap into an episode as they want because of more flexible timing rules, and we'd have much better CGI. Oh, and we'd finally have some proper taco scenes.

• Love 3
If they actually need an aftershow, instead of just having an aftershow be interesting side note, they're not doing what they're supposed to do.

That's kind of the point that was being snarkily made. Since they don't seem interested in doing what they're supposed to do on the show itself, then maybe this is an alternative. Though I suspect the aftershow would have to cover the previous week's episode (or even earlier than that) because they don't seem to be aware of the issues and gaps until the fans bring it up on Twitter after the show. So maybe what they need is a pre-show -- here are the issues and questions you raised about the last episode, and here's the explanation. Now, on with the next episode!

(edited)

I wish this show aired on Netflix so we wouldn't have to deal with annoying commercials, the writers would have more freedom to fit in as much crap into an episode as they want because of more flexible timing rules, and we'd have much better CGI. Oh, and we'd finally have some proper taco scenes.

Maybe Netflix should just air Shanna Marie's series, Once Upon a Time in Offscreenville. 

I wish Netflix at least aired the episodes the day after. I hate having to wait until shortly before the next season starts to rewatch on there. Having half of them added during the winter hiatus would be good too.

Edited by KingOfHearts
What we need is an Aftershow, like the BBC used to do with Doctor Who, where on a secondary channel they have a show that airs immediately after the actual program in which some aspect of the production is discussed and there's behind-the-scenes stuff. On this show, they could explain things that weren't clear in the episode, tell us what happened offscreen between scenes, and maybe show the deleted scenes that didn't make the final cut even though they make the story actually make sense.

Yes, as you said, they have no idea what the gaps/deleted scenes/in-between moments, nor the mechanisms for how any of their random events work, until they are asked on Twitter.  And then if they feel like it, they make something up.

And if there was an aftershow, I'm sure all our TV screens will be destroyed with pickaxes and kitchen knives listening to their "interpretation" of what we just saw.

• Love 1
(edited)

i would love, love, love a whole ep devoted to everyday life with those who didn't come over with a curse download learning about all the modern stuff. Aurora will forever live in my heart for her 'devil box' comment but what did she see the first time she turned it on? Did someone show Hook the laundromat? Can we have the Charmings sitting down for games night with board games or video games? .....so many opportunities.....

oh...and a montage of Aurora, Killian & various Camelotians taking selfies all over town!

My other wish:

Snowing, CS, Regina and Belle having a therapy session with Archie......

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 2

I wish when they get out of the Underworld, the rest of the season would have no villain.  Lack of cohesion in the populace about whether they want to stay in Storybrooke or go back to the Enchanted Forest, and various disturbances around town (which no doubt has lots of small time villains) should be enough to give storylines to everyone.    

I'm really wishing for pie in the sky here, though, LOL.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm really wishing for pie in the sky here, though, LOL.

Instructions Unclear: Adam & Eddy make Season 6's villain a giant pie in the sky which causes a solar eclipse and eternal darkness in Storybrooke. Jack Horner sits in Granny's and maniacally laughs while our heroes obliviously ignore the giant pie stain on his shirt for half the season.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6

I wish the Magic Mirror didn't break and Belle could hang it in the Pawn Shop.  I'm sure Rumple would constantly have the Demon Eyes.

I want Belle to look in the mirror and see her own demon eyes.

On another thread someone mentioned Pheobe and Cole, my wish is that fetus turns out to be full of evil because Rumple has too much evil in him, so that Rumbelle are forced to kill the kid once it is born. Also I want all that evil to burn through. Rumple quickly.

• Love 1

Can't believe I'm rooting for a baby death. But the last episode has made me dislike Belle more than any (fictional) character on TV ever. Please can this couple have some long term consequences for the actions they took/take. 

Edited by dkb

I am liking Regina this half-season. However, I want her to meet and confront someone she has murdered in the past who won't be ready to forgive her like Henry Sr. was, and who will not end up getting the Blacktooth/Percival treatment.

Hook should come across one of the guys he got his trophy-rings from, and make amends.

As for Rumple, for their sakes, I hope none of his victims encounter him or Belle in the UW. Those two hope-killers are sure to find a way to send them to a worse fate. 

I want Snow and Charming to look for their parents' grave markers to see if they have passed on or not (Jeez!!).

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2