Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6: Info, Casting and Spoilers

• Start Topic

I cannot imagine Tormund dying this season. He is the only leader of the Wildings who gets airtime. He has to be around to lead them against the White Walkers in the final season. 

HBO's website has confirmed that 608 is titled "No One", which would suggest that the titles for 609 ("The Battle of the Bastards") and 610 ("The Winds of Winter") are also correct.  The title for 609 seems really uncharacteristic, to me, but whatever.

I guess we'll see if those synopses that were circulating also turn out to be true.

If the Wall really is falling in 610, which was something I'd thought about before but subsequently mainly discounted, that really alters my thoughts on how the Northern plotline is going to proceed in Season 7.  And it also makes it more likely that the speculation about Bran and the Night King's mark is true, in which case, oof.

• Love 1
(edited)

D&D already used the phrase "the winds of winter" this season in the play, so I buy that they would use it for an episode title. It is supreme shade, though. GRRM would need to release another six TWOW chapters in passive-aggressively timed fashion to match that kind of shade.

Anyone want to guess the odds of Dany and co. leaving Essos in 6x10? Theon and Yara seem to make it to Volantis by 6x07. Dany was only a week away from Meereen in 6x06, and that was without a dragon ride. On the other hand, Javi said that the trailer shot of the Dothraki charging on horseback was from the "climax" of the Meereen story.

Javi from L7R said that a main character dies and it is completely unexpected. I don't believe that's happened yet, either; while there have been plenty of deaths, I don't think any of them could be said to be main characters. I guess it depends how restrictively you define "main character." I consider the main characters in the show to be Dany, the POV Starks, and the POV Lannisters. If any of them died this season, I would be very, very surprised.

I'm guessing someone's going to die in that Blackfish/Edmure/Walder Frey/Jaime/Brienne/Pod/Bronn/Thoros/Sandor Riverlands pileup.

Edited by Eyes High
6 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Anyone want to guess the odds of Dany and co. leaving Essos in 6x10? Theon and Yara seem to make it to Volantis by 6x07. Dany was only a week away from Meereen in 6x06, and that was without a dragon ride. On the other hand, Javi said that the trailer shot of the Dothraki charging on horseback was from the "climax" of the Meereen story.

While we haven't gotten numbers, Yara's fleet can't be remotely close to what Dany needs in terms of ships.  I guess she could go on in advance without the bulk of her army, but that seems like a risk.

(edited)

I desperately want Daenerys to leave for Westeros in the season finale, but I cannot begin to imagine where she is getting the 1000 ships. Yara's fleet is a start.  Yara's men could help Daenerys and her people build more ships, but even with hundreds of thousands of people that would take too long. Maybe there is a magical solution.

I don't see the Wall coming down at the end of this season, more likely it will happen at the end of next season. The Night's King is building his army, but he has to wait for the Long Night to make his move unless he has a magically way to change the weather.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)

There's not much else that can be done at kings landing. Either Littlefinger or Dany has to start making their way there by the end of this season. If it's not both of them then Dany makes the most sense. Otherwise, why bother climaxing an episode with another bombastic speech? Plus the site of Dany coming to Kings landing would make for a perfect end of the season image.

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I desperately want Daenerys to leave for Westeros in the season finale, but I cannot begin to imagine where she is getting the 1000 ships. Yara's fleet is a start.  Yara's men could help Daenerys and her people build more ships, but even with hundreds of thousands of people that would take too long. Maybe there is a magical solution.

I don't see the Wall coming down at the end of this season, more likely it will happen at the end of next season. The Night's King is building his army, but unless he has to wait for the Long Night to make his move unless he has a magically way to change the weather.

they need a "replicator" :D

• Love 1

Wasn't there a shot of the shadow of a dragon over King's Landing in one of the trailers before this season started?  Maybe Dany makes a fly over while her troops are on the way.

I'm thinking that now that she seems to have full control over Drogon, maybe she can fly over to Westeros in search of allies.  Her army doesn't need to go with her.  If Yara/Asha and Theon reach her, perhaps they convince her to take a flight to the Iron Islands to steal Euron's ships.  Then she can stop over at Dorne to hook up with the Sand Snakes, who might lend her some more ships because they want to bring the Lannisters down. I'm thinking they must have kept Dorne for a plot reason important enough to warrant the butchery they've made of that particular book plot.  Adding Dorne's strength to Dany would be one of them (and might be what ends up happening in the books, anyway).

(edited)

How fast can a dragon travel?

Based on one of the maps, from mereen to Sunspear is ~ 3500- 4000 miles, assuming a Dragon isn't a modern passenger plane; it take Danni at least a full day or 3 with lay overs. I don't think she go that far ahead without backup.

Unless she's meeting with Varys there.

Edited by GrailKing
(edited)
35 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Based on one of the maps, from mereen to Sunspear is ~ 3500- 4000 miles, assuming a Dragon isn't a modern passenger plane; it take Danni at least a full day or 3 with lay overs. I don't think she go that far ahead without backup.

That is a good point, but considering LF's travel prowess, one that I think the showrunners won't reflect. Although I think sending Varys ahead might be something they'd do.  Didn't we also hear something about Varys leaving Meereen early.

Edited by WearyTraveler
3 hours ago, WearyTraveler said:

Wasn't there a shot of the shadow of a dragon over King's Landing in one of the trailers before this season started?  Maybe Dany makes a fly over while her troops are on the way.

It was the same shot from s4, iirc, both times flashing up in Bran's visions.

Frikidoctor's latest vid is up if you or any other Spanish-speaker wish to translate.

35 minutes ago, Lady S. said:

Frikidoctor's latest vid is up if you or any other Spanish-speaker wish to translate.

Here's the thread on /r/freefolk where there is some translation: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/4mfnmp/new_frikidoctor_video_for_ep_7/

3 hours ago, GrailKing said:

How fast do Merfolk swim?

25 minutes ago, Lady S. said:

Septon Ray gives his Broken Man speech just before the outlaws kill him and his community. The Hound, who was saved by the septon, comes upon the dead bodies and vows revenge against the outlaws. 

The Waif catches up with Arya and tosses her in the water. The scene from the trailer of Arya jumping off of the building doesn't happen in 6x07 but in 6x08.

Yara & Theon plot to ally themselves with Dany. They will provide the ships, she provides the troops, and they can take back the Iron Islands while Dany conquers the rest of Westeros. Yara makes out with the prostitute.

Over in King's Landing, he says to pay attention the the preview where Olenna is holding possibly something of interest in her hand?

Jaime arrives in the Riverlands and finds that Edmure is being trotted out by the Freys as a threat to the Blackfish but he refuses to give up Riverrun. The Blackfish tells Jaime Riverrun is easy to defend and difficult to breech by enemy forces. If there is a battle, it will be in 6x08. And Brienne and Pod haven't made it to Riverrun yet.

Tormund convinces the Wildlings to back Jon in his fight against the Boltons. Then Team Stark meet with Lyanna Mormont and she pledges the few soldiers she has to their cause. No such luck with Robett Glover. The letter Sansa writes is either to the Blackfish or Littlefinger asking for help. Most likely to LF since she's already dispatched Brienne to recruit the BF.

I think Frikidoctor is still receiving his spoilers but he's being very careful to disguise the leaks as 'predictions' based on what can be found on other sites so HBO doesn't come after him again.

• Love 4
(edited)

A few more details on Frikidoctor's video:

Spoiler
  • He has a screenshot of a website called Yelmer's Review (never heard of it before, has anyone here have? can anyone speak to its credibility? where they spoil that it's men from The Brotherhood without Banners that kill the septon and his followers (if the BwoB is really responsible, I'm not going to like that change from the books, where the brotherhood, while using some questionable tactics, always seemed to be on the side of the smallfolk, why would they kill a harmless septon?)
  • Another screenshot from iDigitalTimes, which says the same thing, but also says The Hound not only vows to avenge the deaths but also gets his revenge.
  • He also mentions that some of these spoilers come from Truede from Reddit
  • He predicts that the chase through Braavos with Arya and the Waif is going to happen in episode 8 because it's titled No One, so he deduces that the most intense scenes for Arya would be saved for that episode.
  • He confirms, for those who might missed the detail from the trailer, that there's a Greyjoy boat in Volantis.  So, that's where Yara and Theon are having their conversation.
  • He mentions that there was an interview with Natalie Dormer where she said Margaery is pretending to be a convert and that at some point she will strike back and try to take down  Cersei, who she hates (I don't recall seeing that interview, do any of you?)
  • He says that he thinks the scenes of Olenna in Mesa Roldán indicate that there will be some sort of Martell-Highgarden alliance and that we'll see the results in the finale
Edited by WearyTraveler
  • Love 3

Seems like he's just relaying the stuff from truede this time and the other sites were probably getting their info from truede's comments too. I still doubt truede's riverlands spoilers. Who would the broken men speech even be heard by if Brienne weren't there? I think they'd have to re-introduce Sandor with another main character. And last ep's mention of the brotherhood made it sound like they were on Team Tully, so idky we'd need another fight between them and the Hound when he's supposed to be done with murder and revenge anyway. 

If Clegane Bowl is supposed to happen, and I think it's plausible, then The Hound needs to be mad at Lannisters, not TBwoB. So, if anyone is murdering septons, I'd say it's the men left behind by The Mountain.  Maybe, in order to approach the towns safely, this groups pretends to be BwoB, but are actually not. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/27/2016 at 4:41 PM, amandawoods said:

I'm not sure how she can be so far gone into Littlefinger territory to set up Rickon and Jon to potentially die.  I am trying to remember the Littlefinger scene in the trailer, he doesn't look that confident...also just watched it again (no life right now), he looks down and up over his shoulder.  Maybe Jon confronts him with Ghost.  I think I just want a ghost scene, since it doesn't sound like there's one in the battle anyways.

Also, wasn't there a rumor about seeing Nymeria and her pack?  Something about a scene with wolves filmed in a forest.  I just really want a direwolf scene that doesn't end with them dead.  

I could foresee an interesting way for Littlefinger to die in episode 10. But honestly I don't think Littlefinger will die this season. 

Sansa would have to arrange a secret meeting with Littlefinger in the Godswood. She would arrange this meeting under the guise that she is planning something against Jon and that she wants Littlefinger to be a part of her plans. But it would all be a rouse. Littlefinger would go into the godswood where Sansa, Jon and Ghost are waiting for him.

And then we will learn that Jon actually knows what happened in Kings Landing, and that he knew Littlefinger was the one who held a knife to Ned's throat and that he was also the one who betrayed Ned. Jon knew this information all along because once Jonos Slynt arrived at the Wall he bragged about it.   

Once Sansa reveals this information to Littlefinger they set Ghost on him. 

I think something like this could have worked if they were going to kill off Littlefinger this season. 

On 5/28/2016 at 8:08 AM, Chris24601 said:
  Hide contents

The way I see it the most likely twist is that Brienne finds Arya and the Hound and gets pulled into Arya's plan to get revenge on the Freys. Given that Walder Frey was responsible for Cat's murder and Brienne swore an oath to Cat, I could see her agreeing to sign on for that mission.

In this scenario, Arya basically takes on the role of Lady Stoneheart (in deed if not in name). This could in turn be a case of the show realigning with the books if the play causes Brienne to end up having to face Jaime Lannister.

That could end in a stalemate or even Jaime changing sides, but I think the 'go big or go home' pitch I have to make for that scenario is that either Jaime or Brienne dies by the hand of the other as duty to their respective allegiances comes before their possible feelings for each other and neither will back down. Between Jaime's missing hand, the rumors about King's Landing and the show presenting Brienne/Tormund as a possible alternate 'ship... my money would be on Brienne being forced to kill Jaime if it actually gets that far.

The bit about King's Landing is the damning bit for me, because I don't see where Jaime goes next season. Based on all accounts Tommen, Margery, Loras, Mace, Kevan, Pycelle and the High Sparrow all perish in episode 10 (Lancel and the Septa perish even sooner than that). That leaves Cersei, Mountainstein and Qybern as the only remaining characters in King's Landing with Dany's invasion force likely on the way to crush all opposition early next season. Unless he's joining forces with Arya and the Hound to mercy kill Cersei before Dany gets there, there's nothing left for him at King's Landing (he can't expect to survive Dany's wrath as the murderer of her father). Likewise if Arya pulls off her murder of the Frey leadership then he's got no support in the Riverlands either unless he pulls a complete HeelFace Turn and joins team Stark.

My hunch though is that Jaime and Cersei's stories are as close their ends as Littlefingers is (and I really expect him to die in the finale) and everyone not on Team Stark or Team Dany will be gone from the table early next year at the latest.

One other understated element in play is that if both Blackfish and Edmure die and the latter has not produced an heir then Bran and Sansa are next in line to rule the Riverlands.

I have been thinking for a while now that Tyrion will actually be the one who kills Cersei. Or it seems very likely to me that it will happen in the books, I am not sure about the show, but I could see it happen in both mediums. 

After Tommen's death and the events at Kings Landing, Cersei would likely decide to take flight, she could go to Casterly Rock. GRRM has spoken about Casterly Rock and that we will see Casterly Rock in TWOW. Meanwhile Tyrion will perhaps advice Dany to attack Casterly Rock when she does invade Westeros. Tyrion knows Casterly Rock very well because of his work on the sewer system. He might know a way into the Castle which would reduce the risk of loss. 

While attacking Casterly Rock he would come across a mad Cersei, and he would strangle her to death. It works well, because it gives the idea that the prophecy was correct, but at the same time if you look at the reality of the true events you will realise that Cersei brought this upon herself because she was to consumed with the prophecy.  It is only because of Cersei's own decisions that she finds herself in that moment, facing Tyrion. It is her own actions that makes the prophecy come true.  

If it happens in the show then Cersei will not leave Kings Landing, she will walk around there through the ruins half mad. Dany and Tyrion will arrive to find Kings Landing burned down with the half mad Cersei inside. 

What happens to Jaime is more tricky. At one stage it is said that Cersei and Jaime are a mirror image of each other and that they would leave the world as they were born, together. But I think that has passed, because once Jaime loses his hand and shaves his head they really start to look different from each other, we also know that Cersei gains weight and looks different. They started together but they have grown apart, starting with their physical appearances they really aren't twins anymore.

Perhaps what could happen is that Jaime would be devastated after hearing about Tommen's death, and Cersei's part in that. He might also feel guilty about the wildfire explosion, because he really should have done something with that information. He should have organized search parties for that wildfire. Or perhaps he will just be broken about Cersei after she did exactly what Aerys threatened to do. Cersei would be dead to him.  

After receiving that shocking news, Kings Landing the Iron Throne and the Lannisters will practically be finished, so perhaps he would just decide to throw himself towards the mercy of the Starks. He might decide to go with Brienne back to Winterfell or he will go to Winterfell if Brienne dies along the way. The point is that Brienne plants the seed of going to the Starks. I think he might unconsciously know some interesting information regarding Rhaegar. If Jon learns about his true parentage then Jaime could actually tell him something about the Targaryens and Rhaegar. I think Bran might actually be the one who would advocate to keep Jaime alive.   

I am not sure how long Jaime would live, but I ve always had the idea that if he is alive or still around at the end, he might end up in the Nights Watch, if they still exist. There is some interesting opposite parallels between Jon and Jaime with their oaths to the Nights Watch and the Kingsguard. Jaime's cloak is also often described, there is the idea that he might turn his white cloak and it would become a black cloak. 

It is only when Jaime places himself at the mercy of the Starks that he would receive true redemption. 

Before the events in Kings Landing Jaime might be successful in his siege against Riverrun. But we will see Arya killing Freys at a second Red Wedding with a pack of wolves. So Jaime's small victory at Riverrun would turn out to be for nothing, especially after he hears the news about Kings Landing. He could give Riverrun back to the Starks. Another option is that Jaime is present at this second Red Wedding and he gets killed with the other Freys.   

On 5/30/2016 at 5:48 AM, bunnyblue said:

I think it's that Robb screwed up royally. The Northern houses must be wondering why should they follow Ned Stark's other son and daughter into war when the last Stark son reneged on a promise and got his troops slaughtered because of it. I'm afraid Jon & Sansa will pay for their brother's screw up.

At first I thought this was Pod walking through a battlefield but then I realized those are dead civilians, not soldiers. And the person walking has a weird gait that reminds me of Theon. Civilians and a weird gait leads me to believe this may be

Hide contents

the Hound.

It is a bit illogical to only blame Robb for everything. The other houses also trusted the Boltons. The Boltons betrayed the whole North and they are also responsible for killing their fellow Northmen.

All of the houses might not be happy with the Starks, but they certainly wouldn't be comfortable with Ramsay either. Ramsay has already started to flay other Lords, he is unstable and he will do whatever he wants. He would never help any of the other houses during the winter or offer any support. So while some of them might not to happy about the Starks, their other choice currently is Ramsay. If Ramsay is your only other choice then there really isn't much choice at all. If Roose was in charge then it would be a different story, but Ramsay is just to uncontrollable.  

Edited by Boudicea
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

LF:

Hide contents

LF can't die in #10 because the body count is already too high.  Ramsey, Tommen, HS, and all the wildfire deaths.

I don't think D&D care about the number of deaths.  In season 1 they killed 10 named characters and one direwolf

In 6 episodes this season, they have killed 12 named characters and 2 direwolves, and we still have 4 episodes to go!

(edited)

After this season there are only 13 more episodes in the entire series. They're clearing the decks for the final conflicts this season and will kill as many as needed to make it happen (and I don't think they'd be averse to the finale being "Highest Kill Count for an Episode Ever" either).

Its one of the reasons I don't see spec about Cersei or Jaime fleeing to Casterly Rock playing out. Its just dragging out the inevitable for no purpose with little time left on the clock. They aren't going to waste time/money on a brand new location and what it would take for Dany/Tyrion to lay siege to it when he could just find a despondent and broken Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne in the burned out ruins of the Red Keep with Tommen's corpse wrapped in a gold shroud on her lap (echoing the Battle of Blackwater).

But the key thing to me is that the show specifically left out how Cersei would die from her Maggie the Frog prophecy and the main reason to do that would be because the adaptations to the story make that ending invalid. Frankly, after rewatching her farewell to Jaime last episode and some of the odd phrasing choices made it feel like this was going to be the last time they ever see each other (and thus any Lannister reunion would be Tyrion/Jaime, not all three).

I'm getting the sense that Cersei's basically planning a murder/suicide of King's Landing... or at the very least the show is foreshadowing that Cersei will die in the attempt. She's either decided that her last son is lost to her and so life isn't worth living and so is killing herself and everyone else after sending away the one 'good' thing in her life -or- she's planning on murdering all her enemies and Tommen is accidentally killed as well (or jumps from atop the Red Keep in grief over Margery's death) and Cersei then kills herself out of grief.

In which case, presuming Jaime survives, he probably heads to Team Stark by default (Team Dany is NOT a healthy place for the killer of her father to be) because this gives him a chance to meet Tyrion again with them on opposite sides of a likely war.

But with only 13 episodes left and Dany likely heading to King's Landing by the end of the season (likely to arrive in 701) I think the old King's Landing players have been played out. Its already been dragging this season and with a cast of mostly veteran actors, it makes sense to wipe it out and put those production costs into other things.

I pretty much think Littlefinger gets the axe (er... bastard sword) for the same reason... pricey veteran actor whose story is mostly played out if Jon gets Winterfell and Sansa no longer plays his games and has little to offer in fighting the "War to Come" that couldn't be provided by Lord Robin himself.

As the added bonus they get to claim an episode with possibly the highest named character body count ever... Cersei, Tommen, Margery, Loras, Mace, Kevan, Pycelle, the High Sparrow, Lancel, Septa Unella, Walder Frey, Littlefinger and Ramsey (spared in 609, executed in 610) and possibly even the Mountain and Qybern as well (though my money is on the last two surviving and joining Team Dany).

If the Wall comes down the Edd is a likely casualty as well (I'm hoping he knows that while the oath is to die at your post, that dead men can't fight for the living and orders a retreat and the Watch ends up at Winterfell, but that's probably too hopeful of me). It's also a possibility that Davos puts a knife in Melisandre for what happened to Shireen.

In addition, I suspect that Grey Worm and Missandre will be written out by being left to rule in Meereen and Jaqyn and the Waif will obviously be left behind this season. Oh, and even though it hasn't happened yet, Rickon is Dead Stark Walking (though not in the final episode). While they could bring Jorah back, his story in relation to THIS story could very easily be done with his heading off to find the cure and him not finding it (or perishing in the attempt) until long after the main story is done.

That would basically leave Team Stark, Team Dany and a couple of stragglers (Jaime, Bronn, Arya and the Hound in the Riverlands, The Sand Snakes and Lady Olenna in Dorne, Sam and Gilly wherever they're at) all in Westeros as the only story locations going into the final stretch.

There's a certain degree of irony that, despite next season being just seven episodes long, the odds are that the characters who are left will actually get more screen time than they did this season simply because there's less competition.

Edited by Chris24601
  • Love 2
(edited)

After talking to an an acquaintance who was involved somewhat with S6, I'm left thinking there will be more than 13 episodes remaining.

Edited by Azgard12
5 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

After this season there are only 13 more episodes in the entire series. They're clearing the decks for the final conflicts this season and will kill as many as needed to make it happen (and I don't think they'd be averse to the finale being "Highest Kill Count for an Episode Ever" either).

Its one of the reasons I don't see spec about Cersei or Jaime fleeing to Casterly Rock playing out. Its just dragging out the inevitable for no purpose with little time left on the clock. They aren't going to waste time/money on a brand new location and what it would take for Dany/Tyrion to lay siege to it when he could just find a despondent and broken Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne in the burned out ruins of the Red Keep with Tommen's corpse wrapped in a gold shroud on her lap (echoing the Battle of Blackwater).

But the key thing to me is that the show specifically left out how Cersei would die from her Maggie the Frog prophecy and the main reason to do that would be because the adaptations to the story make that ending invalid. Frankly, after rewatching her farewell to Jaime last episode and some of the odd phrasing choices made it feel like this was going to be the last time they ever see each other (and thus any Lannister reunion would be Tyrion/Jaime, not all three).

I'm getting the sense that Cersei's basically planning a murder/suicide of King's Landing... or at the very least the show is foreshadowing that Cersei will die in the attempt. She's either decided that her last son is lost to her and so life isn't worth living and so is killing herself and everyone else after sending away the one 'good' thing in her life -or- she's planning on murdering all her enemies and Tommen is accidentally killed as well (or jumps from atop the Red Keep in grief over Margery's death) and Cersei then kills herself out of grief.

In which case, presuming Jaime survives, he probably heads to Team Stark by default (Team Dany is NOT a healthy place for the killer of her father to be) because this gives him a chance to meet Tyrion again with them on opposite sides of a likely war.

But with only 13 episodes left and Dany likely heading to King's Landing by the end of the season (likely to arrive in 701) I think the old King's Landing players have been played out. Its already been dragging this season and with a cast of mostly veteran actors, it makes sense to wipe it out and put those production costs into other things.

I pretty much think Littlefinger gets the axe (er... bastard sword) for the same reason... pricey veteran actor whose story is mostly played out if Jon gets Winterfell and Sansa no longer plays his games and has little to offer in fighting the "War to Come" that couldn't be provided by Lord Robin himself.

As the added bonus they get to claim an episode with possibly the highest named character body count ever... Cersei, Tommen, Margery, Loras, Mace, Kevan, Pycelle, the High Sparrow, Lancel, Septa Unella, Walder Frey, Littlefinger and Ramsey (spared in 609, executed in 610) and possibly even the Mountain and Qybern as well (though my money is on the last two surviving and joining Team Dany).

If the Wall comes down the Edd is a likely casualty as well (I'm hoping he knows that while the oath is to die at your post, that dead men can't fight for the living and orders a retreat and the Watch ends up at Winterfell, but that's probably too hopeful of me). It's also a possibility that Davos puts a knife in Melisandre for what happened to Shireen.

In addition, I suspect that Grey Worm and Missandre will be written out by being left to rule in Meereen and Jaqyn and the Waif will obviously be left behind this season. Oh, and even though it hasn't happened yet, Rickon is Dead Stark Walking (though not in the final episode). While they could bring Jorah back, his story in relation to THIS story could very easily be done with his heading off to find the cure and him not finding it (or perishing in the attempt) until long after the main story is done.

That would basically leave Team Stark, Team Dany and a couple of stragglers (Jaime, Bronn, Arya and the Hound in the Riverlands, The Sand Snakes and Lady Olenna in Dorne, Sam and Gilly wherever they're at) all in Westeros as the only story locations going into the final stretch.

There's a certain degree of irony that, despite next season being just seven episodes long, the odds are that the characters who are left will actually get more screen time than they did this season simply because there's less competition.

I do think a lot of characters will die. But I just have a feeling that they might keep Littlefinger and Cersei around to die next season. Both of them could die during the middle or early in season 7.

I think Cersei will see Dany and Tyrion before she dies. In the show she will just remain in the ruins of Kings Landing, Dany and Tyrion will arrive to find an abandoned Red Keep. In the books I really think Cersei will flee to Casterly Rock, but as you said they don't have to include that in the show.  It would almost be more tragic to have Cersei wandering around the ruins of the Red Keep after everyone has died. 

But I wouldn't mind if Cersei and Littlefinger were killed off in the finale. 

1 hour ago, Azgard12 said:

After talking to an an acquaintance who was involved somewhat with S6, I'm left thinking there will be more than 13 episodes remaining.

Do share, because one of the actors pretty much confirmed only 7 episodes next season which matches the previous info that the last two seasons were going to be 7 and 6 episodes respectively.

I would not be opposed to more of the story, but best info I've seen suggests 7 and 6 is all that remains.

The legit spoiler sources--truede, DMT, Javi, etc.--have been pretty quiet about the finale for the most part, apart from the rumoured KL massacre. I wonder whether that's because the massacre is the only big thing that happens of note, or whether there's some even crazier stuff happening that they don't want to ruin. 

I'm also curious about this shocking, sudden main character death.

Cersei's out, since it seems that she'll be the only one left standing in KL. Jaime, maybe?

I don't Littlefinger dies because D and D said in interviews that we'd get to see his complicated path to the throne. He might not get there, but we'll definitely see how he plans to do so. Not to mention there was a foreshadowed attack on the Vale that still hasn't played out.

As for shocking sudden main character death. Provided that it's an actual main character. Hmm out of the eight true main characters: Arya, Bran, Cersei, Dany, Jamie, Jon Snow, Sansa Tyrion, the Stark children should be safe, Dany as well. Leaving us the lannisters. Pre show promos have been teasingg Tyrion's death and that would be legit shocking, and they have been downplaying his character, but I still see other things he has to do first. Cersei, her death wouldn't be a shock at all. Leaving us with Jaime as the most likely suspect.

1 minute ago, Oscirus said:

Not to mention there was a foreshadowed attack on the Vale that still hasn't played out.

Where was that foreshadowed?

The handling of the Vale on the show makes it pretty clear that the writers don't have much interest in it beyond as a means to give Littlefinger an army.  I doubt we'll see anything more there.

(edited)

Also, what is a main character? Is it one that is a main character in the books? Is it one whose actor appears in the opening credits? Is it both?

Maybe it's one that has been on the show since the very first season, in which case Pycelle, Varys and LF make the cut,

Edited by WearyTraveler
Just now, SeanC said:

Where was that foreshadowed?

The handling of the Vale on the show makes it pretty clear that the writers don't have much interest in it beyond as a means to give Littlefinger an army.  I doubt we'll see anything more there.

Season one conversation between Tyrion and Bronn:

Tyrion: The Eerie, they say it's impregnable,

Bronn: Give me ten good men and some climbing spikes and I'll impregnate the bitch.

Might just be me but that seems like a checkov's gun.

• Love 1
On 5/22/2016 at 1:25 PM, Eyes High said:
10 minutes ago, WearyTraveler said:

Also, what is a main character? Is it one that is a main character in the books? Is it one whose actor appears in the opening credits? Is it both?

Maybe it's one that has been on the show since the very first season, in which case Pycelle, Varys and LF make the cut,

I always thought that main characters were those that had POV chapters in the books which gives us: Sam,  Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Jon Snow, Davos, Sansa and Theon off the top of my head. Brienne, Cercei and Jaime? I think Arya, Sansa and Jon Snow are safe (dude already died once, twice is just getting sloppy. I will cry an ocean in Davos dies. Theon and Jaime are high on my death list, Brienne a definite maybe. Sam and Tyrion still have imo a lot of story to come. Cercei is here for the long run if only because of the prophecy: she will outlive her children, so even if Tommen dies this season, she'll at least be around next season to suffer.

Just now, WearyTraveler said:

I only see a black square, what is it?

well it's a gif

Arya retrieved the money she threw in the harbour and gave it to someone probably to buy passage to somewhere.

6 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

supposedly

Reveal hidden contents

it's the money she threw in the water when she hid needle.

I think the last part is just speculation from people on Reddit. Yes, she does go in the water this episode but it doesn't

look like the pier where she hid needle and threw her bag of money into. Really, though, it doesn't matter to me where she got that bag of money, the important thing is that she's apparently looking for passage back to Westeros.

Regarding that spoilery gif:

I wonder if Arya will give a specific destination when she tries to book passage to Westeros like she did in the season 4 finale when she told the ship captain "I want to go North, to the Wall". If she once again asks to be taken to the Wall, I will explode with glee. Though I won't be surprised if she just asks for a ship to Westeros and next we see her in the Riverlands. Can't have too many Stark reunions in one season.

12 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

you can't see a gif file?

It probably has to do with how much I'm working my computer's RAM at the moment. I downloaded it and could see it with an image viewing program.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Season one conversation between Tyrion and Bronn:

Tyrion: The Eerie, they say it's impregnable,

Bronn: Give me ten good men and some climbing spikes and I'll impregnate the bitch.

Might just be me but that seems like a checkov's gun.

I tend to doubt it.  There may be more of that in the books (though the theories about the mountain clans somehow taking over the Vale never made much sense to me), but the show has decisively moved away from the Vale, and there's nobody even at the Eyrie anymore.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WearyTraveler said:

Also, what is a main character?

That depends on the show runners and the marketing department. It's often a quite flexible term, and not impossible that it would be someone like Margaery.