Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6: Info, Casting and Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

605 promo:

1. Littlefinger...is at...Castle Black.  What the fuck?  How?
  2. More Braavos.
  3. Kingsmoot!
  4. Red Priests in Meeren (I thought they were going to send for them; that's kind of quick).
  5. Bran meets the Night's King.  Hmm, I guess R+L=J will have to wait until episode 6?
Edited by SeanC
2 minutes ago, SeanC said:

605 promo:

1. Littlefinger...is at...Castle Black.  What the fuck?  How?
  2. More Braavos.
  3. Kingsmoot!
  4. Red Priests in Meeren (I thought they were going to send for them; that's kind of quick).
  5. Bran meets the Night's King.  Hmm, I guess R+L=J will have to wait until episode 6?

1. My thoughts exactly. I guess he really does have a teleportation device. At least we're getting some immediate resolution with Sansa demanding answers about Ramsay.

2. Theatre troupe incoming!

3. We'll see. "Salt Throne" still bugs.

4. Meereen feels really draggy, so "kind of quick" is a welcome change.

5. Maybe he has multiple visions...? One can hope, anyway.

Okay, clearly DMT's spoiler about them knowing the Arryns are coming ahead of time was true, given Baelish showing up at Castle Black.

But...shouldn't that logically make the Stark recruiting drive pretty easy?  "We're bringing a massive unblooded Vale army, we're totes gonna win!  Get on the train before it leaves the station!"

From the way it sounds Ramsey has 5,000 men plus the support of the two or three biggest houses. Not to mention that  I don't imagine that anybody in the North likes Wildings.

3 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

From the way it sounds Ramsey has 5,000 men plus the support of the two or three biggest houses. Not to mention that  I don't imagine that anybody in the North likes Wildings.

And Sansa has the Vale, which would at this point outnumber the North's total military strength.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Oscirus said:

so here's the red priestess scene next week http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-six-audition-surfaces-online/

I'm assuming that's going to scare the shit out of Varys and that'll likely cause him to go away.

Oooh, thanks for posting that. 

The fact that this woman is unsettling Varys is very interesting and the line about how she'll tell them the name of the Great Other (I'm assuming that's what she's talking about) and that she knows where it lives...creepy. I hope she basically fulfills the function of Moqorro. I like that we'll have another red priest to compare to Mel and Thoros.

23 minutes ago, Lady S. said:

HBOGO has a new pic up. 
sFCcp3m.jpg

Oh yay!  I've waiting for them since I began reading the books!

I don't care how fast Littlefinger gets there, I'm sure it will be detailed and take up 3620 words in one of the books.  I'm ready to get on with things.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Oscirus said:

It looks like Bran somehow gets stuck in said flashback.

But yea, how is LF getting everywhere so fast?

Yeah, he probably stole the weirwood-LAN password while Max von Sydow was taking a nap because he wanted to see what was inside the ToJ and stayed too long - he "drowned" and now the NK is onto him. Leaf or whoever it was waking him up is a clear sign that he did it alone. Anyway, I did NOT expect that scene to happen so early, more like episode 7 or 8 and

Spoiler

the attack on the cave (assuming it is the cave they attack in the trailer) 

in the finale. The season really is moving at a breakneck pace. Btw, do we have to put spoilers from official trailers into tags here or is it only for set news/other leaked stuff? 

39 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Oooh, thanks for posting that. 

Hide contents

The fact that this woman is unsettling Varys is very interesting and the line about how she'll tell them the name of the Great Other (I'm assuming that's what she's talking about) and that she knows where it lives...creepy. I hope she basically fulfills the function of Moqorro. I like that we'll have another red priest to compare to Mel and Thoros.

Spoiler

Totally forgot about that article. Yeah, that's some creepy shit right there if even Varys is scared. Why was the voice in the flames the Great Other? I thought it was R'hollor (if the two are two different gods/entities/demons/people/whatever in the first place).

(edited)

Yet another possible Reddit spoiler source popping up. Possibly proved their bona fides by spoiling details of Osha's death and Dany planning the khal BBQ four days before the episode aired. Under the cut, in no particular order, and as always be warned that some of these are potentially extremely spoilery:

Spoiler

1. Trial by combat is denied. Ser Gregor does kill Septa Unella.

2. Lyanna whispers something to Ned before she dies. They cut from the baby to Jon in the next scene.

3. Bran has a vision of a bunch of the COTF gathering and doing something [this seems confirmed by the photo posted upthread by Lady S. showing multiple COTF]. He wakes and confronts Leaf about creating the WW. She says they did it to protect something. Bran then has a vision of the WW but the NK senses him and that's how the WW learn of Bran's location and attack.

4. Dragons don't really interact with Tyrion [past 6x02]. Lots of major characters die, mostly in the finale. Tommen dies. We can also assume the Three Eyed Raven dies in the WW attack.

5. Jon chooses to imprison Ramsay rather than kill him. [At odds with DMT's claim that Ramsay dies.]

6. Recruiting scene at Bear Island is pretty funny: Jon, Davos and Sansa make great pitches only to find out that Lyanna Mormont has only 60 soldiers. Sansa is in agreement that Jon should be king [???]. Lyanna Mormont speaks up about how she trusts the Starks and was one of the only ones to follow them into battle [this is word for word, apologies if it's garbled]. Then the other houses speak up and apologize about not following them and say that they don't care that Jon is a bastard.

7. Sansa tells Jon before the BOTB that Rickon is already dead. Rickon is hit by one of Ramsay's arrows and dies in Jon's arms.

8. Tommen commits suicide by jumping out a window.

9. Sansa ends up meeting Littlefinger at a town outside Winterfell. Brienne goes with her. Littlefinger apologizes for allowing her to marry Ramsay. Sansa accuses Littlefinger of knowing about Ramsay and basically says she doesn't want anything to do with him anymore. [This is at odds with LF and Sansa supposedly riding to Jon's rescue in 6x09, unless LF does something to mollify Sansa or Sansa's position is "Fuck you!...I'm still going to need that army, though."]

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

Natalie Dormer is wearing an interesting costume in the Loras/Margaery Inside the Episode feature for 6x04. It looks like dove-grey lace or some sort of swirly-patterned fabric, with a high neck and long sleeves, over which is some dove-grey sleeveless draped dress. I guess the colour change represents her alignment with the Faith Militant and "conversion" and a move away from her Tyrell affiliation? She's wearing her hair very simply, too. Finn Jones in the talking head segment has very short hair, too, but we've known about that for a while.

Emilia Clarke in another Inside the Episode segment for 6x04 shows a glimpse of Dany's new Dothraki costume: it's basically a brown version of her blue tunic/dress from Season 3.

17 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Natalie Dormer is wearing an interesting costume in the Loras/Margaery Inside the Episode feature for 6x04. It looks like dove-grey lace or some sort of swirly-patterned fabric, with a high neck and long sleeves, over which is some dove-grey sleeveless draped dress. I guess the colour change represents her alignment with the Faith Militant and "conversion" and a move away from her Tyrell affiliation? She's wearing her hair very simply, too.

I noticed that too. She's had such plunging necklines that the dress really screamed "pious and modest now, I swear."

About the spoilers:

I hope 5 is a garbled, partial version of the earlier spoilers that Jon beats Ramsay but then stops because Sansa shouldn't have to see more violence + Ramsay is fed to the dogs, because the Starks just keeping Ramsay prisoner after he raped Sansa and killed Rickon would be ridiculous beyond belief. Ramsay being imprisoned in 6x09 and fed to the dogs in 6x10 still makes sense to me; we already got two scenes of buildup for Ramsay's use of his dogs.

Sansa/Littlefinger meeting outside Winterfell sounds weird: first she'd have to risk recapture and then return North for the Mormont meeting. Maybe that's a misinterpretation of a scene that actually occurs at the Wall or in a neutral location at the end of 6x05. I don't think one episode would be enough time for Jon/Sansa to leave the Wall, have the Bear Island scene, and reach Winterfell for the Littlefinger meeting. That would leave them with nothing to do in 6x06-08.

Tommen killing himself is even weirder, unless he does it as a rejection of Cersei after she has a ton of people killed.

Regarding those potential spoilers:

I'm skeptical but intrigued about the potential Tommen spoiler. He jumps out of window? Really? Maybe he does it because Margaery is killed? Of all of the spoilers that just sounds so...anticlimactic. I had all kinds of scenarios in my head about how this poor boy would be murdered it certainly never occcurred to me that he'd take his own life and I certainly can't see such a thing happening in the books. The idea of him taking his own life is so perplexing even with the current state of King's Landing. I feel like he'd be more likely to become a follower of the High Sparrow the way that Lancel is rather than just killing himself. I wonder if he finds out the truth that he's an incest "abomination" and simply can't deal with the reality of that fact. I'm thinking of how happy Jaime was during the conversation with Myrcella before she died. I wonder if he'll tell Tommen the truth and Tommen responds by having a total meltdown

I was sort of hoping that Tommen would be killed in the beginning of next season since he kind of helps anchor the King's Landing storyline. Once the Tyrells and Lannisters don't have a king to back, what are the main players in King's Landing going to be doing? Or are we basically done with King's Landing next season until Dany comes to Westeros?

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Yet another possible Reddit spoiler source popping up. Possibly proved their bona fides by spoiling details of Osha's death and Dany planning the khal BBQ four days before the episode aired.

Hide contents

regor does kill Septa Unella.

2. Lyanna whispers something to Ned before she dies. They cut from the baby to Jon in the next scene.

3. Bran has a vision of a bunch of the COTF gathering and doing something [this seems confirmed by the photo posted upthread by Lady S. showing multiple COTF]. He wakes and confronts Leaf about creating the WW. She says they did it to protect something. Bran then has a vision of the WW but the NK senses him and that's how the WW learn of Bran's location and attack.

4. Dragons don't really interact with Tyrion [past 6x02]. Lots of major characters die, mostly in the finale. Tommen dies. We can also assume the Three Eyed Raven dies in the WW attack.

5. Jon chooses to imprison Ramsay rather than kill him. [At odds with DMT's claim that Ramsay dies.]

6. Recruiting scene at Bear Island is pretty funny: Jon, Davos and Sansa make great pitches only to find out that Lyanna Mormont has only 60 soldiers. Sansa is in agreement that Jon should be king [???]. Lyanna Mormont speaks up about how she trusts the Starks and was one of the only ones to follow them into battle [this is word for word, apologies if it's garbled]. Then the other houses speak up and apologize about not following them and say that they don't care that Jon is a bastard.

7. Sansa tells Jon before the BOTB that Rickon is already dead. Rickon is hit by one of Ramsay's arrows and dies in Jon's arms.

8. Tommen commits suicide by jumping out a window.

9. Sansa ends up meeting Littlefinger at a town outside Winterfell. Brienne goes with her. Littlefinger apologizes for allowing her to marry Ramsay. Sansa accuses Littlefinger of knowing about Ramsay and basically says she doesn't want anything to do with him anymore. [This is at odds with LF and Sansa supposedly riding to Jon's rescue in 6x09, unless LF does something to mollify Sansa or Sansa's position is "Fuck you!...I'm still going to need that army, though."]

I think both of those things could have been reasonably guessed based on what we already know.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wasn't sure how much we were going to see at the Wall next week, and thought it might even just be Team Stark riding out, with Brienne being given her new mission.  But with Littlefinger's arrival that really changes things.  That has to be worth a couple of scenes (I have a hard time imagining the writers won't have him interact with Jon, even if it's just quick).  Then there's Brienne being assigned to go get Arya (I hope the writers use this to let Jon express his desire to see her again, even though it'll be Sansa actually sending her).  

Semi-relatedly, I've long been of the opinion that Littlefinger isn't going to be defeated this season, but the further we get into the season the more I wonder if that's the case, particularly after the lower episode order for the final two seasons.  Especially as they're reuniting him (temporarily) with Sansa that quickly.  It also comes to mind because Rupert Vansittart filmed in both July and December; obviously we got the July filming in 604, and I doubt there's going to be more Vale scenes, with Baelish in the North for 605, then probably heading back to rejoin the army in time for Snowbowl in 609.  Vansittart wasn't around when they filmed Snowbowl itself, so if he's got more scenes as part of the Northern storyline, it's presumably as part of the after-battle stuff in 610.  I was thinking of this after the Vale scene in 604 where Littlefinger basically threatens Royce into compliance, if Sansa's going to enlist him at the end to turn the tables on Littlefinger once the Vale army has done its job to defeat the Boltons.

Edited by SeanC
(edited)
9 hours ago, SeanC said:

Semi-relatedly, I've long been of the opinion that Littlefinger isn't going to be defeated this season, but the further we get into the season the more I wonder if that's the case, particularly after the lower episode order for the final two seasons.  Especially as they're reuniting him (temporarily) with Sansa that quickly.  It also comes to mind because Rupert Vansittart filmed in both July and December; obviously we got the July filming in 604, and I doubt there's going to be more Vale scenes, with Baelish in the North for 605, then probably heading back to rejoin the army in time for Snowbowl in 609.  Vansittart wasn't around when they filmed Snowbowl itself, so if he's got more scenes as part of the Northern storyline, it's presumably as part of the after-battle stuff in 610.  I was thinking of this after the Vale scene in 604 where Littlefinger basically threatens Royce into compliance, if Sansa's going to enlist him at the end to turn the tables on Littlefinger once the Vale army has done its job to defeat the Boltons.

Could be. Littlefinger is looking awfully nervous in that scene from the godswood which I'm guessing is from after the BOTB. Could it be Yohn Royce?

...On the other hand, the writers and Aiden Gillen have been pretty emphatic that LF knew nothing about Ramsay. That could suggest that Sansa accepts LF's apologies since she needs him, that he mollifies her with the provision of the Vale army, and that their ultimate falling-out is over something else. In the books, Sansa doesn't have any beef with LF over selling her to Ramsay (since that doesn't happen). Sansa and LF's ultimate rupture as a team will happen for some other reason. The TV writers might be getting the show back "on track" with the books by ensuring that LF selling Sansa to a psychopath isn't the reason for their ultimate falling-out.

Spoiler

DMT seems to imply in his/her predictions for ASOIAF/GOT, informed by his/her knowledge of spoilers, that the naive Starks will remain under LF's sway for the foreseeable future:

"The Starks in my opinion have already been through the worst that they will see, but due to the naivete of the young Starks left we'll see them being played more by Littlefinger. Jon, if he is a Targaryen, will probably save the Stark lineage from total annihilation if Dany finally gets her shit together and gets across to Westeros. (...) This is all mostly guesswork and my own personal theory, but knowing what I know and how the season ends etc, it kind of fits. We'll soon see I guess"

There is stuff that DMT admits he/she doesn't know much about (didn't know anything about Thoros coming back, e.g.). It does seem that DMT has a pretty good grasp on what goes down in the Northern storyline, so if DMT predicts that the young Starks will be manipulated more by Littlefinger, that suggests to me that Littlefinger doesn't die anytime soon. Maybe LF does start trying to pit Jon and Sansa against each other in 6x10.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)

Thought I would put together a list of material from the trailers that's unaccounted for (meaning not aired 6x01-6x04, not in 6x05 promo, and not from BOTB because we all know that's from 6x09). Duplicate shots are not mentioned. Spoilers are in brackets:

Trailer 1 ("Red Band" trailer): Davos next to what looks like what's left of Shireen's pyre. Sansa at Bear Island. Tyrion VO: "You're in the great game now, and the great game is terrifying." Lancel/Cersei confrontation. Tommen walking out of the court room flanked by his KG. Cersei walking through corridors backed by Ser Gregor. Littlefinger in the godswood (6x10). Hooded figure swinging flame at a wight. Explosion just outside some fancy room (in Meereen?). Euron being "drowned." Cersei and Jaime getting ready to get busy. Arya's balcony jump in Braavos (6x08). Yara making out with a Volantene prostitute. Little birds stabbing someone. Tyrell soldiers at the Sept (6x06). Dothraki charging Meereen (6x10).

Trailer 2: Ramsay VO: "Do you like games, little man?". Drogon flying over the Dothraki army (6x06?). Jaqen telling Arya she won't get a third chance (6x05, probably). Sansa in a black dress looking pissed (6x09?). Sansa VO: "It's all I think about (...) what was taken from me." Closeup of Sansa in a dimly-lit room. Walder Frey making a toast at a Frey/Lannister soldier gathering (6x10?). Littlefinger looking nervous, looks like godswood scene (6x10). Davos VO: "There's no hiding from this, we have to fight." Cersei VO: "Stand at the head of our army where you belong," etc. etc. (6x05 or 6x06). Jaime riding through a Lannister camp (6x07 or 6x08). Silhouette of someone stabbing someone in the back. Four mounted WWs. Davos at Bear Island. WWs backed by an army of wights heading into the flames. Sansa turning to look at someone (probably Jon). Sons of the Harpy looking up from corpses. Pod and Brienne at Riverrun (6x07 or 6x08). Ser Gregor getting ready to yank off some sparrow's head. Drogon flying overhead. Bronn grabbing Pod from behind (6x07 or 6x08). Meera looking up in alarm at something. Arya's bloody hand trailing into darkness (6x08).

March Madness promo: Jaqen VO: "One way or another the gift will be given. One way or another a face will be added to the Hall." Shot of NK marching into the flames.

Edited by Eyes High
1 hour ago, Lady S. said:

Confirmed troll when he says Rickon kills Rams and Yara kills Euron after a brief fight in ep 6. His finale scene also sounds like pure fanfic.

Reddit detectives have figured out that Sansa/LF are meeting in Mole's Town. We should have known he'd gravitate to the brothel.

Ohmygod the first (top-rated) comment on that reddit thread, "Brothels are Littlefinger's Stargates." THE TELEPORTING, IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Regarding those potential spoilers:

Hide contents

I'm skeptical but intrigued about the potential Tommen spoiler. He jumps out of window? Really? Maybe he does it because Margaery is killed? Of all of the spoilers that just sounds so...anticlimactic. I had all kinds of scenarios in my head about how this poor boy would be murdered it certainly never occcurred to me that he'd take his own life and I certainly can't see such a thing happening in the books. The idea of him taking his own life is so perplexing even with the current state of King's Landing. I feel like he'd be more likely to become a follower of the High Sparrow the way that Lancel is rather than just killing himself. I wonder if he finds out the truth that he's an incest "abomination" and simply can't deal with the reality of that fact. I'm thinking of how happy Jaime was during the conversation with Myrcella before she died. I wonder if he'll tell Tommen the truth and Tommen responds by having a total meltdown

Hide contents

I was sort of hoping that Tommen would be killed in the beginning of next season since he kind of helps anchor the King's Landing storyline. Once the Tyrells and Lannisters don't have a king to back, what are the main players in King's Landing going to be doing? Or are we basically done with King's Landing next season until Dany comes to Westeros?

Wasn't there a spoiler about 

Spoiler

a fire in Kings Landing?  Maybe Tommen jumps out a window to escape being engulfed in flames. 

I'm still having a hard time believing that someone would risk their job just to post spoilers I won't dismiss the spoilers, but I'm not buying it all as much more then educated guesswork for now.

Seems like there are mutterings...somewhere (4chan?) that Hodor dies in Episode 5 barring the door against a WW/wight attack. Episode 5 seems kind of early for the WW/wight attack, but as we know, the show in the past few seasons has taken more of a "spacing out the climaxes" approach, rather than putting all the crazy shit at the end of the season, so it could be that the big WW/wight attack set piece comes earlier rather than later. It could play out as some have speculated: Bran gets "caught" by the NK who can see him in the vision, and this is used to track Bran to the cave, leading to the WW attack.

More stuff from DMT:

Spoiler

1. To the best of their knowledge, LF survives the season. He survives episode 9, and DMT believes that episode 10 will be more focused on KL stuff. LF and Sansa show up to the Vale together, so DMT believes that LF convinces Sansa to stick with him when he brings the support of the Vale forces.

2. Seems to think the Vale comes to the fight unexpectedly late, so a higher number of Northern soldiers and wildlings die.

3. [DMT has said this before] Jon beats the crap out of Ramsay but stops short of killing him because Sansa arrives and he doesn't want to do it in front of her.

4. DMT doesn't know anything about Kevan.

DMT also says that Kit is a "bit of a well-known asshole" around the set.

(edited)

New photos from 505:

1. Sansa & Brienne at Castle Black.
  2. Jon at Castle Black (probably the same scene as above).
  3. Kinvara.
  4. Bran and the Night's King (same shot from all the promos).
  5. Dany and Daario (did we know that plot was in this episode before?).
  6. Sansa and Littlefinger in the Mole's Town brothel (great-looking shot).
  7. Arya in the Hall of Faces with Jaqen.
  8. The Children of the Forest in a very green environment.
  9. Littlefinger.

During all the speculation over the dress hem in that photo with Melisandre, the common consensus was that the hem pattern was similar to Sansa's dress, but not quite the same.  But from the looks of it, it will in fact be literally the same dress, since there's no indication she's found any changes of clothes.  I guess the new wardrobe will have to wait until Bear Island.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 1
Spoiler

I'm going to be pretty pissed if that story about the Children of the Forest hiding/burying something in King's Landing that the White Walkers want back (or whatever it is) is true.  If this all comes down to something as simple as that?  Or that there is something buried there that once uncovered solves this? Blech.

I don't have a problem with them creating White Walkers in some way though.

23 minutes ago, Umbelina said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm going to be pretty pissed if that story about the Children of the Forest hiding/burying something in King's Landing that the White Walkers want back (or whatever it is) is true.  If this all comes down to something as simple as that?  Or that there is something buried there that once uncovered solves this? Blech.

I don't have a problem with them creating White Walkers in some way though.

Spoiler

Fans have been speculating for a while about the war against the WW boiling down to some sort of big misunderstanding. GRRM has said he's not interested in big fancy clashes of the forces of good vs. the forces of evil, so who knows? It's probably another case of the show and the books diverging, though. Maybe the WW stuff in the books is so arcane and so complicated that the TV writers substituted in a straightforward Mcguffin instead.

...It would be pretty funny if Dany arrived at the Wall with her dragons all ready to wreck shit and Bran was like "Nah, we're cool. Worked it out, thanks. Funny story, actually..."

• Love 4
Spoiler

2. Seems to think the Vale comes to the fight unexpectedly late, so a higher number of Northern soldiers and wildlings die.

Spoiler

That does fit Littlefinger's plans.  He originally wanted the Boltons and Stannis to beat each other up, then swoop in and wipe out the battered survivor.  Stannis ended up being so weak that I can't imagine the Boltons lost much, plus they've apparently gained another powerful ally in the Umbers.  Why show up on time when you can wait for most Jon's army to get killed before swooping in to play hero against a reduced number of tired foes?  Plus, Jon and Sansa won't have the forces needed to stop Littlefinger from claiming some sort of hold on the North unless Sansa works some sort of behind the scenes wizardry and gets Robin to turn on his beloved "uncle".  Would he believe her if she told him how Lysa really died?

So, known scenes in 605 so far:

The Wall

1.  Sansa, Brienne and Jon look at a map.

2.  Sansa and Brienne meet with Littlefinger.

3.  Everybody rides out of Castle Black.

Beyond the Wall

4.  Bran sees the Children of the Forest, and the White Walkers (possibly the same scene, possibly different ones).

Meereen

5.  Tyrion and Varys meet Kinvara.

Dothraki Sea

6.  Dany and Daario look at something.

Iron Islands

7.  Kingsmoot!

Braavos

8.  Arya gets another look around the House of Black and White and is given an assignment.

(edited)

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but Arya will be killing Walter Frey this season, as his actor, David Bradley, confirmed last August that he will be making a return during season 6.

Which means her plot finally moves along.  I say hooray for that.

I have been rewatching S3 and Jaqen promised Arya that she could kill the people on her list.  Also Bran told that story about that cook who the gods cursed for killing a guest.  We also had that weird editing of the waif pausing when she hears Frey's name.  Probably wasn't in the script or it was forgotten, so it was done in editing to plant the seed.

It has been 3 seasons so time for Frey to go.

I know I am really late to the party with this news.  But it makes me so very happy.

Edited by Macbeth
29 minutes ago, SeanC said:

A few more new photos:  Mostly just more from scenes we already knew about, but we see Bran in Winterfell, and Jorah showing Dany his greyscale-infected arm.

Bran has at least three visions in 6x05, judging from the photos: at the circle of stones and the COTF (with Bloodraven), in what looks like the Winterfell courtyard (with Bloodraven), and with the WW.

There are at least three Meereen scenes: Missandei sitting indoors, Tyrion and Varys outdoors on the steps, and Tyrion and Varys meeting with Kinvara.

There's a picture of Michael Feast looking delightfully dour as Aeron, but we figured he'd be in the mix at the Kingsmoot.

12 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

I wonder if Jorah learned his lesson or if Dario forces Jorah to reveal his grey scale.

Also, let's not forget he offered his hand to Dany when all hell broke loose at the pits last season, and she took it.  At the time I thought the camera lingered for an extra few seconds on that shot. I wonder if we'll find out that Dany is immune to greyscale as well as fire, or if that gesture spells doom for the Khaleesi.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, WearyTraveler said:

Also, let's not forget he offered his hand to Dany when all hell broke loose at the pits last season, and she took it.  At the time I thought the camera lingered for an extra few seconds on that shot. I wonder if we'll find out that Dany is immune to greyscale as well as fire, or if that gesture spells doom for the Khaleesi.

It seems like the show's interpretation is that you have to touch the visibly infected area.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 2
(edited)

The theatrical troupe is introduced in episode 605, according to the nudity spoiler people (the play's version of Sansa is topless on stage, apparently).

This is shaping up to be the most Stark-centric episode in a good while.  Jon, Sansa, Arya and Bran all have multiple scenes.

Edited by SeanC
(edited)

Looking forward to the TV version of The Bloody Hand. Bonus points if they mangle all the characters' names. The lowrent versions of the KL noble characters' costumes were pretty hilarious from what I saw of set pics.

In the grand tradition of older GOT actors not giving a flying fuck about huge spoilers (Charles Dance and Ian McShane), Jonathan Pryce in a Polish website interview spoiled his last scene of Season 6 (the interview is in Polish and I've fudged the translation from Google Translate), linked by someone on r/freefolk:

(Be warned. This is big.)

Spoiler

Q: Can you tell us how the High Sparrow and Cersei's story ends in the sixth season?

A: Everyone is waiting impatiently for Cersei's trial, which will be held in the Sept of Baelor. Literally everyone will be present. My character has lost some caution; he is firmly convinced that Cersei will appear at his request. The messengers inform him that Cersei has not left her house, but he still believes she will come to the trial, because in his opinion she should be there. Meanwhile, behind him and in the immediate vicinity, there's scheming and intrigue chases intrigue. Tension gradually builds up when the giant Sept "fills slowly people" (?). The High Sparrow is still pleased and is confident that everything is going according to plan. No one suspects that fate has in store for him a very unpleasant surprise...

Okay, speculation:

Spoiler

We heard from DMT that Margaery, Loras, possibly Mace, and the High Sparrow perish in a wildfire explosion caused by Cersei and Qyburn. We also heard from another source that Cersei is denied trial by combat, which means a real trial. We also know from Season 3 that Aerys hid caches of wildfire under the Sept of Baelor. I'm guessing Cersei waits until the Sept is full of people and then sets off the wildfire caches, killing the High Sparrow and everyone inside, including Margaery and Loras. Basically, she does the same thing Daenerys did in 6x04, only safely from a distance.

I guess the big question is whether Tommen is already dead by this point (as one spoiler source suggested) or whether he winds up in the Sept when Cersei doesn't expect him there and perishes with everyone else.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

Tommen:

Spoiler

There are spoilers that say he jumps out of a window to his death.  I wonder if he either jumps out of the window in hopes to escape a fire or is blown through a window during an explosion.

• Love 1
(edited)
Spoiler

Who the hell is Tommen's heir?  That will be madness when he dies.  On the TV series, all his heirs are dead - Stannis, Shireen, and Myrcella.

Edited by Funzlerks
26 minutes ago, Funzlerks said:
  Hide contents

Who the hell is Tommen's heir?  That will be madness when he dies.  On the TV series, all his heirs are dead - Stannis, Shireen, and Myrcella.

Spoiler

Margo Channing said it better than I ever could.

The weird part is that one of the sources is saying that Tommen dies before the finale, so if the High Sparrow is running the show and is summoning Cersei for her trial without Tommen it sounds like the Faith Militant has effectively usurped power...at least until the High Sparrow gets blown to smithereens.

The bigger question is if Cersei nukes the Sept with wildfire, how much of KL goes with it?

D&D likely thought TV Cersei pulling an Aerys was a more compelling reason for Jaime to dump her once and for all than Cersei cheating on him, which might explain why they're still thick as thieves when Jaime leaves KL.

• Love 1

It's going to be really interesting to see how the show manages to do both the little birds and the sept explosion. Who dies when and where? I can see Cersei burning the city if Tommen is already dead and leaving for the Rock so that Dany finds only ruins, but how would Tommen die?

3 minutes ago, ElizaD said:
  Hide contents

It's going to be really interesting to see how the show manages to do both the little birds and the sept explosion. Who dies when and where? I can see Cersei burning the city if Tommen is already dead and leaving for the Rock so that Dany finds only ruins, but how would Tommen die?

Spoiler

Javi of L7R has said that the little birds scene plays out differently in the show, which seems likely to mean, given the spoiler/rumour that Dorne scenes don't feature until 6x10 (and about Varys and Olenna's actors being spotted where the Dorne scenes were filmed), that Varys is absent. If so, it could be that Qyburn, not Varys, orders the killings of Kevan and/or Pycelle. If the Sept explosion happens earlier in the finale--and it is such a big set piece from the sounds of it that it's probably closer to the end--maybe Qyburn is the victim when the little birds turn on him after he's helped Cersei torch the city and announce they were always in Varys' pocket.

Maybe the little birds scene isn't in the finale at all, and Qyburn arranges for the little birds to murder Kevan and/or Pycelle sooner. I'm guessing Qyburn would target Pycelle before Kevan, though.

Either way, I get the sense that Cersei, the Mountain and possibly Qyburn will be the only named characters left standing in KL at the end of the season: Pycelle, Loras, Margaery, Mace, Tommen, and Lancel will all likely be dead (I'm guessing the "I choose violence" bit with Cersei is not going to end well for Lancel), Kevan will be dead or will have peaced out to Casterly Rock, Olenna will have taken off for Dorne, and who knows what the Sand Snakes are up to. I would think they would want to have a front-row seat for Cersei's trial, but I haven't seen the spoilers mention them in relation with this big KL massacre. On the other hand, it would be stupid for them to hang around in the city when the Lannisters are looking for them.

Seems like the KL players have been obliterated, leaving only Cersei and her cronies. Dare we hope that Dany finally gets her ass in gear?

On 5/18/2016 at 11:51 AM, Eyes High said:

Seems like there are mutterings...somewhere (4chan?) that Hodor dies in Episode 5 barring the door against a WW/wight attack. Episode 5 seems kind of early for the WW/wight attack, but as we know, the show in the past few seasons has taken more of a "spacing out the climaxes" approach, rather than putting all the crazy shit at the end of the season, so it could be that the big WW/wight attack set piece comes earlier rather than later. It could play out as some have speculated: Bran gets "caught" by the NK who can see him in the vision, and this is used to track Bran to the cave, leading to the WW attack.

I still think Hodor's safe based on the bit in that VFX vid of him, Bran, Meera, and Leaf hauling ass.
tXx2fnO.png
I assume that is their escape from the cave and I don't think it's happening mid-season unless Bran is gonna be absent again until the finale.

• Love 1
(edited)
Spoiler

Looks like we know when the "I choose violence" scene happens. I'd also say that this pretty much guarantees Lancel's death by Mountain. Last season Tyrion mentioned being able to get the tyrell's support. Maybe he sends Varys over there to close the deal? I'm also thinking that Tommen dies when he goes to the trial after Cersei tells him not to.  I like the whole greek tragedy feel to a scenario like that.

Edited by Oscirus
(edited)

606 and 607 episode descriptions:

“Blood of My Blood”: An old foe comes back into the picture. Gilly (Hannah Murray) meets Sam’s (John Bradley) family. Arya (Maisie Williams) faces a difficult choice. Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) faces off against the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce). 

The first line is interesting since there's no frame of reference for who it refers to.

“The Broken Man”: The High Sparrow eyes another target. Jaime confronts a hero. Arya makes a plan. The North is reminded. 

So the Bear Island summit is in episode 7, and Jaime sees the Blackfish.  Also looks like this is when Arya makes plans to go home.

Also note, these are Bryan Cogman's episodes for the year.

Edited by SeanC