Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

The Fear Thy Neighbor episode last night about the dog mauling death of Klonda Richey was simply horrific.  As a weird old cat lady who loves dogs, I was outraged that a POS like Andrew Nason wasn't muzzled before he could inflict more harm on innocent people and animals alike.  I am sick over this one and wish I hadn't watched it.

I just saw this yesterday, and it was absolutely horrifying! 

POS is the best way to describe Nason. I felt bad for his dogs since they were being used as weapons essentially in his vendetta against Klonda Richey. I doubt he cared much about them beyond using them as that.

And he shows no remorse. Over his dogs' death, yes, but he has no compassion for human life. 

Klonda tried to make nice with the dogs, even when being terrified of them. Ugh, this really was awful. Fuck people like Andrew Nason, honestly. 

• Love 6

POS is the best way to describe Nason. I felt bad for his dogs since they were being used as weapons essentially in his vendetta against Klonda Richey. I doubt he cared much about them beyond using them as that.

And he shows no remorse. Over his dogs' death, yes, but he has no compassion for human life. 

Klonda tried to make nice with the dogs, even when being terrified of them. Ugh, this really was awful. Fuck people like Andrew Nason, honestly. 

Nobody with an ounce of compassion for animals would ever treat them the way this bag of filth did.  Nason victimized those dogs as surely as he victimized Klonda.  I hate the fact that people like him exist, and are allowed to walk among us.

• Love 9

Nobody with an ounce of compassion for animals would ever treat them the way this bag of filth did.  Nason victimized those dogs as surely as he victimized Klonda.  I hate the fact that people like him exist, and are allowed to walk among us.

Definitely. I should have put it "remorse" since I doubt he really cared all that much that his dogs were victimized the way they were. It does suck that there are people like him around. 

• Love 4

Definitely. I should have put it "remorse" since I doubt he really cared all that much that his dogs were victimized the way they were. It does suck that there are people like him around. 

Agreed.  I think he was just upset that the cops shot his dogs because they were his possessions - and weapons.

I sure hope he is found guilty and receives a more appropriate sentence for the child assault and endangerment charges.

• Love 5

The Fear Thy Neighbor episode last night about the dog mauling death of Klonda Richey was simply horrific.  As a weird old cat lady who loves dogs, I was outraged that a POS like Andrew Nason wasn't muzzled before he could inflict more harm on innocent people and animals alike.  I am sick over this one and wish I hadn't watched it.

That episode pissed me off. The only crime Klonda committed was being a little eccentric with their cats, but she was still a nice lady. I kind of gave the side-eye to that one neighbor in the interview that seemed to take Nason's side some of the time.  It never said that they moved back into that neighborhood, did it? If so, the other neighbors better watch their back. 

I hope that trashy Nason couple never saw their kids again.  That jail sentence was pure bullshit.  It was right up there with that episode where the old man killed that male nurse in cold blood and only got three years.

edit: grammar

Edited by InDueTime
  • Love 8

The creepy part is how it was all premeditated. He must have broken in her house and managed to unplug the cameras. And then he let his dogs out. 

Generally I find Fear Thy Neighbor pretty awful (in terms of how tragic it is) but this one was the worst. 

I also thought the one in Maine with the gun toting (or should I say arsenal since it's more fitting) neighbor. Especially since before they had been murdered, they visited their daughter and asked her to look after her brother since they had a feeling something would happen to them.

Makes you want to stay in your house and just not interact with anyone. Ever.

• Love 6

Had to skip past the last page of posts because I'm watching Fear Thy Neighbor on DVR tonight.

But I wanted to stop by and recommend Web of Lies.   Once again, my favorite show on ID.  The cases are interesting and fresh (in the sense that I have never heard of them before), the production value is good, and best of all, the dispassionate just-the-facts narrator. 

Fear Thy Neighbor is my second-favorite, followed by See No Evil which I enjoy despite that the name seems counter-intuitive.    The show is about crimes solved by footage captured by security cameras -- in other words, these cameras see evil ... but the show is called See No Evil.   Guess they thought it was catchy.

• Love 1

Fuck the neighbors too.   At least one of them heard Klonda screaming for 20 MINUTES and no one picked up the phone to call the police.  Plus they enabled the guy by apparently letting him do whatever he wanted, whether it was throwing loud parties or driving his ATV up and down Dayton streets.   I don't live in Ohio, but my guess is that driving off-road vehicles like that on public streets is against the law (because it sure is here).    Some of them also seemed to know he was harassing her pretty bad -- incredibly, one of them even said, "I never thought it would end with her getting killed."

Did anyone else get the feeling that opinions about the feud broke down along racial lines?

• Love 2

Did anyone else get the feeling that opinions about the feud broke down along racial lines?

Yes, unfortunately. If there were differing opinions I wish they showed them. This episode made me uncomfortable in an all-around way. She should've moved. She seemed to more of a sensitive, gentle person and this neighborhood was changing. And I don't mean racially but it was going rougher. I lived in a neighborhood and it started to change when a bunch of rough characters moved in. And they were white for what it's worth.

• Love 1

Last night's Deadly Demands re: the students from UC-Berkeley held hostage inside a bar was most riveting.  That's actually a pretty good show & I've yet to see an episode (tho there've only been a few so far) that I'd heard about before.  Those hostage negotiators have an extremely high stress job, ya think?  I can't even imagine. 

• Love 3

I lived in the Bay Area at that time, and this is the first time I ever heard about this hostage situation in Berkeley.  And our local news would have covered it.  Maybe a bigger story came in and took over the top slot on the news?

• Love 2

Brattinella -  often when I see these shows & don't recall the story I think of what was going on my my life at the time.  To be honest, I really didn't become an avid "news junkie" like I am now until I retired in 2009.  Obviously, I had more time to actually READ the news.  Anyhow, after your post, I decided to Google the event, and holy shit, it was even worse than they could've shown in TV.  No question each of those kids required some serious therapy afterwards.  Just horrific.

P.S.  You're so lucky to have lived in the Bay area!  I've been to SF a half dozen times & would love to live there!!!  Cost prohibitive, to be sure.  (I'm from Michigan.)

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-09-27/news/mn-1915_1_uc-berkeley-student

• Love 3

Congratulations, Obsession:  Dark Desires, you punked me last night.  I actually recognized this story and was thinking, "Wow, this guy stalked two women!  She's lucky she didn't get killed like the other gal."  Not so much :(

• Love 5

Congratulations, Obsession:  Dark Desires, you punked me last night.  I actually recognized this story and was thinking, "Wow, this guy stalked two women!  She's lucky she didn't get killed like the other gal."  Not so much :(

Which episode are you talking about ?

• Love 1

That's the FIRST time they have ever presented a case like that, with a dead narrator.  Poor thing!  But we got punked here, too!

• Love 4

Fuck the neighbors too. At least one of them heard Klonda screaming for 20 MINUTES and no one picked up the phone to call the police. Plus they enabled the guy by apparently letting him do whatever he wanted, whether it was throwing loud parties or driving his ATV up and down Dayton streets. I don't live in Ohio, but my guess is that driving off-road vehicles like that on public streets is against the law (because it sure is here). Some of them also seemed to know he was harassing her pretty bad -- incredibly, one of them even said, "I never thought it would end with her getting killed."

For what it's worth, I wasn't as sympathetic to the victim as some of you. Her death was an absolute tragedy and Nasom was a POS, no doubt about that. What I mean is, if I had lived in that neighborhoid I probably would bave thought Klonda was an annoying busybody. And I would have found her roaming cats as much of a nuisance as Nasom's roaming dogs. Not everyone enjoys strange animals vandalizing their property or running free in their yards, no matter how harmless they appear to be.

• Love 1

Stranger in My Home was interesting last night.  A prosecutor actually admitted he had gotten some new info about a jailhouse snitch and he felt the accused may not have gotten a fair trial.  It was Sarah Jo Pender who I really think was guilty.  She later broke out of prison and was AWOL for a while.

Just a refreshing change.  Someone who wanted the legal system to do what it should.  Too bad she was not a sympathetic person.

• Love 1

I think that the 2 true-crime things that make me the craziest are crime scene destruction and prosecutorial misconduct.

Sad that a DA finally got it "right" for an unsympathetic plaintiff.

Many many more are out there.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

I'm sorry, but does anyone here find this ad the least bit titillating?  The one with the man pinning the girl's arms on the wall (she is dressed in a red bra and panties, I think).  This one horrifies me each time it is on, not the least of which is that they think this is an okay ad.

• Love 4

I have to agree about the actors turning and glaring into the camera. All that does is remind us this is not real, which is the opposite of what they should be doing. Imagine watching Gone With the Wind and Scarlett and Rhett keep turning to the camera and staring. It is laughable.

• Love 4

I'm sorry, but does anyone here find this ad the least bit titillating?  The one with the man pinning the girl's arms on the wall (she is dressed in a red bra and panties, I think).  This one horrifies me each time it is on, not the least of which is that they think this is an okay ad.

Yes, I mentioned that promo earlier, It's for the show  Scorned: Love Kills  I watch the ID channel with the remote close by because that and the promo for.....Kidnapped: House of Horrors

• Love 4

Does anybody watch Forbidden: Dying for Love? I've seen a few episodes, but this one was the first episode ever, and I was so mad. It was that guy Yesar Said? Who killed both of his daughters.  WTF??? So many things bugged me about this story. One, the mother willingly drove her daughters back home knowing her husband would kill them? Admittedly, I didn't see the whole episode, so I don't know what their marriage was like and if he abused his wife, too. But still. Two, nobody, not the boyfriend or his mother or the aunt that they went to in Kansas, nobody thought of calling the cops? 

The 911 call they played from the daughter after her dad shot her was so tragic. 

This episode gave me chills. 

And they still haven't found this POS? 

• Love 4

Yaser Said is on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List.  John Walsh has profiled him numerous times.  This case is infamous, and I don't know why his wife was not charged as well; she enabled him to kill their daughters!  Jeez, call a cop!  Call CPS! 

• Love 5

Jagged, that one really got me as well.  He killed both daughters!  He gave them a last meal.  Mom did take them away at first though, right.  Just sad. 

Both parents should be held accountable.  It's one of those stories that are hard to shake off even hard core ID fans.

Edited by applecrisp
  • Love 5

Yaser Said is on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List.  John Walsh has profiled him numerous times.  This case is infamous, and I don't know why his wife was not charged as well; she enabled him to kill their daughters!  Jeez, call a cop!  Call CPS! 

After I saw the episode, I vaguely remembered the case from the news, but I had never heard the intimate details behind it. I was yelling at my TV while watching it.  People like Yaser Said are evil. And I agree; the wife just brings her girls back knowing what her husband will do to them! I wonder if that scene in the car actually happened. Yeah, sure, I'm positive he's sorry and has changed his ways....not.

I felt so bad for his daughters. 

• Love 5

There are cases that haunt me and I won't forget and that was one.  Partly because no one tried to stop and those were two innocents. The most recent case for me was on Evil Stepmothers, yeah the title is salacious,but the story of the boy who was killed by his stepmother(by way of her son) just bothered me.

The dad promptly divorced her and then remarried her.  He is still with her.  Only silver lining is that her two children want nothing to do with her. I just find it so bad to think nobody is left to mourn.

What are the stories that haunt people hear? 

Edited by applecrisp
  • Love 3

applescrisp, the ones that haunt me are anything having to do with coerced confessions or children.  The worst was a little girl who was buried alive after being taken from her home in the middle of the night and sexually assaulted.  Honestly, a lot of times I just skip them if I know the subject beforehand because it's just too much.

• Love 7

I stopped watching episodes about children being harmed/murdered.  I also stopped watching when a child is sentenced and convicted as an adult

Child as young as 13/14 are sentenced as an adult  and but into a juvenile jail, then moved into adult prison at 21.

Life in prison without a chance of parole.

Lock um up and throw away the key.

I am so glad that the Supreme Court put a stop to that. The SC said that children sentenced to life without parole is unconstitutional"

• Love 3

Got any state city or family names for that?  I was stuck on Sunday Night Brit TV. :D

Yes, it happened on the Kansas side of Kansas City, I think the Overland Park area.  Her name was Sueanne Hobson.  She killed her 13 year old stepson, Chris Hobson in 1982 and got her bio son to do it.  Her husband , the boys father divorced her right away and then remarried her soon after.

Her husband was by her side after that and regularly pushes for her parole.

Her two bio children want nothing to do with her.  

Edited by applecrisp
  • Love 2

Yes, it happened on the Kansas side of Kansas City, I think the Overland Park area.  Her name was Sueanne Hobson.  She killed her 13 year old stepson, Chris Hobson in 1982 and got her bio son to do it.  Her husband , the boys father divorced her right away and then remarried her soon after.

Her husband was by her side after that and regularly pushes for her parole.

Her two bio children want nothing to do with her.  

Thank you!

I think my favorite is Fear Thy Neighbor. I don't usually much like reenactments but theirs aren't as over the top as others. Is there another neighbor one? I think I like it too.

Unless it's a 48 Hrs, or 20/20 or Dateline I don't just keep ID on like I used to.

Some of their shows are just too lurid. I tried to see them as campy but they just still squicked me out.

• Love 3

My favorite is probably See No Evil, about crimes solved with surveillance cameras.
Unusual Suspects is usually OK, and Murder Comes to Town is watchable.
I see Murder U coming up, a new show.
Sometimes the hokey dialect is worth the price of admission on Nightmare Next Door.

I will never for one about  woman killed on Good Friday, " but when Sunday came, Jane hadn't risen again."

• Love 2

Yessir Said episode

OMG this episode has stayed with me since I first saw it a few months age. There are so many crime shows and they all blend together in my mind except this one. I got a little frustrated when the daughter didn't run from the car and call for help when it became clear where she and her mother were going. I also get a little annoyed at the boy's mother talking as if this was a match made in heaven, they were "soul mates". They were young teenagers enjoying their first little romance. I did Google this case and apparently they are still looking for this horrible man. I hope they find him.

• Love 3

I watched an old 20/20 last night and I hope I'm remembering correctly that it was on ID.  Wow - the ending was so shocking!  Bill Macumber was wrongly accused of killing two teens in the desert and thanks to advocacy groups and the hard work of one of his sons, he was freed.  You just were so rooting for this guy.  He was a model prisoner, starting up a chapter of the Jaycees for the inmates, teaching others and re-invigorating the prisoner rodeo show.  The episode ended and there was an epilogue put up saying that after his release, Bill molested two young family members and was back in jail!  The Sheriff's department stated that they still believed he was innocent of the murders.  

Did anyone catch this or see it previously?

• Love 3

I watched an old 20/20 last night and I hope I'm remembering correctly that it was on ID. Bill Macumber was wrongly accused of killing two teens in the desert and thanks to advocacy groups and the hard work of one of his sons, he was freed. You just were so rooting for this guy.…

Did anyone catch this or see it previously?

The Dateline on ID episode was discussed in the Dateline most memorable episodes thread: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/6526-most-memorable-episodes/?p=1461344

• Love 3