Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

A place to talk casting and storyline spoilers, since I guess we didn't have one. (I think we were using the Media thread, kinda.)

From the 222 episode thread:

For the people who keep on saying that Rebekah won't be back next season. Question: have you never seen a season finale or am I missing something? Because characters always leave and come back in the season premiere. So all these "I'll miss" are pointless.

Ugh hopefully Freya's actress will improve next season.

and P.S Daniel Gillies is still doing two shows. So I'm pretty sure the rest can manage as well.

Daniel Gillies is no longer doing two shows. His character was written off of Saving Hope earlier this season.

And we've talked about this before (w/r/t Nate Buzolic), but there is a difference between appearing as a regular in a CW show and on a show that only airs in Canada (or as a recurring character on another show, a la David Ramsey on Arrow/Blue Bloods), and appearing as a regular on two American Network TV shows. If you know of any actors who currently appear as regulars on two American network shows that film and air at the same time, I'd be interested to hear.

So if the various actors we're discussing have had their pilots picked up to series, and they are regulars on those shows? Their contracts may not allow for appearances elsewhere, or filming schedules may prevent it. Either way, the writers will not be able to build stories around those actors/characters, so I think it's normal for people to assume we won't see much of them.

Particularly when the EPs are giving interviews like this one. Michael Narducci makes it sound like Rebekah will not be a regular next season, in either of her bodies. And given that they just announced that Freya will be a regular, and given this quote: "It was a really beautiful moment for Freya to give Rebekah something and it feels very nice for Rebekah to be able to go off and have a life while Freya stays and does what Rebekah always did, which is try and keep these two brothers united," it seems that they are slotting Freya into the Rebekah role. If they were going to try to keep Maisie Richardson-Sellers in some capacity, they probably would have mentioned it instead of going on and on about all the things Rebekah will be doing off-screen in her new life. MRS is literally not even named in this interview. Claire Holt has said she'd like to appear again, but she won't be a regular, so that's what we can expect. Random appearances, probably in flashback or dreams like Nate Buzolic did this year.

Julie Plec Accidentally Lets Huge The Originals/Vampire Diaries Spoiler Slip

http://www.tvguide.com/news/julie-plec-vampire-diaries-originals-klaroline-spoiler/

Sometimes you have to dig deep for spoilers on your favorite show, but sometimes they're accidentally dropped right in your lap, which was the case today for fans of The Originals.

While talking about the end of The Vampire Diaries with Entertainment Weekly at the ATX Television Festival, Julie Plec let it slip that Hope Mikaelson (Summer Fontana) might be Mystic Falls-bound. "Alaric (Matt Davis) and Caroline (Candice King) are running the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted where Hope Mikael-- sh** never mind. Keep watching..."

‘The Originals’ Creator Julie Plec on How Trump’s Election Killed a Key Romance

This makes no sense consider this the same person who wrote Damon as this great hero. Damon got away with everything under the sun and they wrote the other characters to kiss his ass and defend him.  Now suddenly because of Trump she feels uncomfortable? 

So is this must be Hayley and Elijah. I don't even like them as a pair, because they were so forced from the start, but this reason for ending them is moronic.  They also could have rewrote the script if it bothered them so much, they obviously wanted to end the pair and are using Trump as a stupid excuse.

As for “The Originals,” Plec explained that the villain in question is a character who is constantly battling the fight between trying to be the most moral upstanding creature and yet has a very deep, dark place borne out of being a creature of the night for thousands of years, and has worked so hard to overcome it.”

But in an episode that just aired, “his subconscious took control over his consciousness and he exposed that really dark side.” Female characters trying to help tame the bad boy is a staple of romance stories, but Plec noted, “in the context of the election, and all of us as women being particularly put off by what we saw as a misogyny, a sexism and a bullying that we watched on live TV, it just felt like that old chestnut was suddenly uncomfortable.”

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

So is this must be Hayley and Elijah. I don't even like them as a pair, because they were so forced from the start, but this reason for ending them is moronic.  They also could have rewrote the script if it bothered them so much, they obviously wanted to end the pair and are using Trump as a stupid excuse.

It 100% is Elijah/Hayley. What a stupid reason to say that it "killed" the romance. I'm glad that it might actually be over since I grew to detest the pairing for several reasons (both on Hayley and Elijah, to be quite frank), but I genuinely don't like how Julie Plec presents herself in interviews like this. Apparently, hitting a woman on a supernatural show like this is "taking things too far" and "killed the romance". Mmmhmm, Plec. Your conscience was perfectly fine with Damon/Elena ending up together, or Klaus and Caroline ending up in a one night stand, and Hayley/Elijah are suddenly taking it too far? 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Your conscience was perfectly fine with Damon/Elena ending up together, or Klaus and Caroline ending up in a one night stand, and Hayley/Elijah are suddenly taking it too far? 

Exactly!  She advocated and forced St.Damon on TVD viewers excused, whitewashed and erased everything up to killing Tyler that was supposed to unforgivable yet Matt/Caroline and Elena don't care 3 episodes later.  But something Elijah did while stuck staked and in his subconscious is taking it too far? 

I'll be glad to see the Hayley/Elijah pairing over, but her reason makes no sense.

• Love 2
(edited)

I had to laugh when I read this.

Give me a break, this show is about teenage vampires.  When I do watch it, I certainly don't for some type of after school special message.... and if I did that ship sailed with the treatment of Caroline an Damon's "relationship" on TVD. 

Edited by GraceAnne
  • Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, Artsda said:

I can't help but think we'll get a repeat of the Rebeca/Marcel/Klaus story; however, this time it'll be Hope/Roman/Klaus.  Klaus will try to sabotage Hope's relationship because he feels threatened that Hope won't have room in her heart for him if she loves Roman. I hope the writers go a different route, but I doubt it.

• Love 1
On 6/25/2017 at 6:15 PM, Fireball said:

I can't help but think we'll get a repeat of the Rebeca/Marcel/Klaus story; however, this time it'll be Hope/Roman/Klaus.  Klaus will try to sabotage Hope's relationship because he feels threatened that Hope won't have room in her heart for him if she loves Roman. I hope the writers go a different route, but I doubt it.

Or maybe they could just let a little girl character be a little girl and stop trying to grow her up so fast? Jesus. Reminds me why I finally stopped watching this shite just two episodes into the most recent season.

• Love 1

So, some spoilers for the final season from Comic Con:

• Sounds like Caroline will be making more than one appearance. Plec slipped that Caroline really only interacts with Josh. Plec says that Candice and Joseph will have scenes together, so that'll probably happen in another episode.
  • Keelin will return for a handful of episodes.
  • Kol/Davina got married during the time jump. 
  • Other characters will make cameos during the final season. 
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I saw something on the Arrow board. A pic from the writers room leaked Haley's death and multiple Caroline appearances.

Anyone know where that came from?

One of the shows new producers posted a pic of himself in a room and plots points for the first seven episodes were written behind him. Before he deleted it fans grabbed the picture.

(edited)

That's a bit of a deal breaker for me. If she dies then I don't have any reason to watch the show. I get that she's not a fan favourite and if they're including more of Caroline (I don't get why we need to see her) then another female needs to die to replace her. But why the mother?

Someone on twitter mentioned this, but I kind of agree. The writers broke up Haylijah because we're living in a Trump world and women need to stand up for themselves, only to kill her in the end? Klaus and Elijah are allowed to live and have redemption after redemption, but Hayley who just wants to be a mother to her child has to die in order for Klaroline to live? I never watched TVD and don't want a stupid romance on a show about family.

This is stupid.

edit: I don't actually mind if she dies for a good reason. But apparently Caroline adopts Hope after, which means that this is just fanservice for TVD viewers and not for those who just wanted the Originals. I can't accept that.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 1
On 7/29/2017 at 9:33 PM, doram said:

Meh. I've been rooting for Hayley to die ever since she was Karma-Houdined out of her murdering those 12 hybrids. 

ITA even though I doubt it will actually happen. 

I've decided that I'm going to wait until the final season is done airing, spoil myself, and then decide if I'm going to watch it. I don't want Caroline on the show, I don't want Haley to die and I want Cami back. I'll probably just stick with the ending of the fourth season because I quite liked it. 

• Love 1
On 4/9/2018 at 9:30 AM, wingster55 said:

I've been looking for anything that suggests Davina is in the final season. Haven't found anything yet. 

Any word?

IMDb seems to think she's at least in the latter part of the season.  But I haven't seen anything else indicating one way or another.

On 4/15/2018 at 9:49 PM, RachelKM said:

IMDb seems to think she's at least in the latter part of the season.  But I haven't seen anything else indicating one way or another.

On 4/15/2018 at 9:49 PM, RachelKM said:

She is, I don’t remember how many episodes, I actually believe she’s in the next episode. I read somewhere that Marcel and Davina have a reunion in episode 7.