Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Anticipation More Stabs, etc...

• Start Topic

man, CM could do an entire series of episodes of Spencer revisiting people he's tried to help in past episodes. I would ADORE a revisit with Nathan from Sex, Birth, Death; with Adam/Amanda from Conflicted; with Owen from Elephant's Memory; with Cat from Entropy; and especially with Dorian from Rock Creek Park.

• Love 3

I know we will never see Dorian again. I saw her last week in Walmart, with her husband (it was a commercial).

:-( that's just too bad. She was the perfect smart-but-geeky-like him. And Emily Churchill had a wonderful chemistry with Matthew. Alas, she is a stage actress and stand up comedienne in LA  & area, so I can see where yeah, she won't be back.

I just hope they give Reid *someone* worthy. The chemistry part doesn't worry me too much, Matthew could probably bring a stick figure to life.

• Love 3

I have just learned from reading this thread that SM might leave CM. I'm really sad to hear that because he is my favorite character on this show and my favorite relationships on this show includes him in most of them. I was hanging onto CM because of him, so if he is gone, so am I. His last episodes will be my last too.

• Love 3

I have just learned from reading this thread that SM might leave CM. I'm really sad to hear that because he is my favorite character on this show and my favorite relationships on this show includes him in most of them. I was hanging onto CM because of him, so if he is gone, so am I. His last episodes will be my last too.

I sympathize with you, SevenStars. I'd feel the same way if it was MGG leaving. If SM does leave, I will miss Morgan.

• Love 5

I'm guessing it's CM's take on the Garrido case.

I also gotta say what's with CM and using female-victim cases during the back half of the season but avoiding them in the first half? They did it in S8, S10 and they're doing it again this year. What gives?

Based on looking at the cast list from the episode 15 press release, I think episode 15 will end with a cliffhanger that directly leads into episode 16. And based on episode 16's press release, the episode sounds like it might have some similarities with Revelations. I just wonder who the hell the unsub could be in this scenario and what is the motive.  At this point, the only one who hasn't experienced some sort of specific trauma done TO them is Rossi. 

Also of note, there will be no Tara in either episode 15 or 16. 

• Love 3

new press release

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/criminal-minds-episode-1115-1116-press.html

11x15 seems like a filler, but I'm crossing my fingers for Morgan's arc, I hope it's interesting and I can't wait for 11x16, I did like TG work as a director in season 10  Lockdown

I'm pretty sure 11x16 will be much bigger & better than 10x16 was. I would've LOVED 10x16 if JJ was in the fight scenes with Morgan, but she wasn't so ... 

My God, how i wish Shemar would stay. Losing him will be extremely hard for all his fans & the cast. I'm still in denial, but i have a feeling Shemar is not only leaving the show but they're also killing off Morgan. Or they're killing off Garcia or JJ (if AJ decides she wants to spend time with her family) and they're trying to mess with us. At this point i hope Shemar is the one who's leaving and NOT one of the girls. It would be so ugly if they just fooled us into thinking that he's dying & someone else dies. Actually, i hope that no one from the CM family dies, but...

anyway, i'm 99.9% sure HE's leaving. It's not like they're going to make episodes about him if he's not leaving (that's how CM works)

i'm in denial & wish he would stay. 11 years is a LONG time and it will be so hard to accept that he's not in the show anyone. It's still so hard that Paget/Emily is gone. I mean .. people are still SCREAMING to get padgett and prentice back. It's not like i'm making fun of them, i'm sad she's gone.. but i understand why she wanted to leave & accept her decision. It's just that i'm sickened by the fact that Jeanne was bullied off the show.

I haven't decided if I'll watch them yet. I don't like the idea of Morgan leaving (he's still my favourite, even if what made him my favourite character hasn't really been on display for years), and the thought of putting him in peril just so he could leave feels very hokey to me.

On the other hand, I'd love for Morgan to have a real adversary (the decrepit Billy Flynn doesn't count) with Morgan getting a satisfying win. If he does have to leave, I at least hope it's with a bang.

One thing I do know is that if he's dead, I'm probably not coming back. “Black dude heroically dies” is way too overused, and I hope the writers can at least be better than that.

(Do wonder about Lewis' absences- does this mean she's done with the show? If so, does this mean Morgan is really staying?)

• Love 2

Daniel, I think Lewis's absence just means she recurring. I noticed that all 3 of the ones she's absent have Savannah in them, so I'm sure they are all 3 focused on Morgan. I, too, hope they won't kill him off. We shall see.

• Love 1

Emily's coming back! Only for one episode, but I'll take it.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/10/criminal-minds-paget-brewster-returns-prentiss-season-11/

Wow, first a new Harry Potter book, and now Emily coming back! It's like all of these things that we were told would never happen are actually happening!!!

I just hope they don't ruin Emily in this episode. And so help me, if the unsub gets more screentime than her I'm gonna flip :P

• Love 4

Yay! Of course, we don't know exactly which episode this will be, but it sounds like she's coming to help with a case, not coming back for a funeral (yay again).

Of course, I will be shipping her with Reid, and hoping they get something going off-camera and in canon. I'll be OK if we don't see actual smooching, just want to ship them. 

• Love 1

Yay! Of course, we don't know exactly which episode this will be, but it sounds like she's coming to help with a case, not coming back for a funeral (yay again).

Of course, I will be shipping her with Reid, and hoping they get something going off-camera and in canon. I'll be OK if we don't see actual smooching, just want to ship them. 

I was afraid when I saw she was coming back that it would be a funeral, but it sounds like it's later in the season than Shemar's expected departure.

• Love 2

yesyesyes

• Love 1

I was afraid when I saw she was coming back that it would be a funeral, but it sounds like it's later in the season than Shemar's expected departure.

Paget is in episode 19, which is the episode after the possible cast member exit episode directed by Matthew. But based on the spoiler article, it sounds like she is back for professional reasons, because it is case related. So I really don't see any funeral in the offing. But that is also because I tend to believe that if a team member leaves, it won't be because they died. 

• Love 2

Paget is in episode 19, which is the episode after the possible cast member exit episode directed by Matthew. But based on the spoiler article, it sounds like she is back for professional reasons, because it is case related. So I really don't see any funeral in the offing. But that is also because I tend to believe that if a team member leaves, it won't be because they died. 

Well, I hope you're right. I really don't want that much personal drama and I don't want to see anyone, other than unsubs, die.

• Love 3

Episode 19 is called Tribute though...that title scares me a little. Also the fact that "Beautiful Disaster" AKA Episode 18 was written by Erica and Kristen...although Nelson's Sparrow was really good so I have high hopes for this one! I just reaaaally hope they don't kill him :(  I just want to know already!

• Love 3

Maybe after whatever happens to him, he retires and gets married

That would be a first. He could learn of everybody else's mistakes, after all the bad things have happened through the years

• Love 1

Of course "Tribute" could have many meanings - although I'm not sure they can be devious enough to mislead us like that. I'm more surprised that they haven't let slip what's happening yet - Erica Messer usually reveals too much.

• Love 6

Maybe after whatever happens to him, he retires and gets married

That would be a first. He could learn of everybody else's mistakes, after all the bad things have happened through the years

Maybe he could find a 'belief in happy endings', the way Gideon did when he quit. I think Morgan might have more luck, since with Gideon it didn't seem to be just the job - he was an unhappy guy and without help and support, he would probably have taken that with him wherever he went. Morgan's a lot more cheerful and, so far, hasn't been worn down and broken by everything he's been through.

I was wondering if his dad coming back - which seems like it might be similar to Elle spending time with her deceased dad while she was dying - might make him rethink his options. He's always been very clear that he thinks the sacrifice his dad made, being heroically killed on the job, was incredibly destructive for him and his family. If he wants a family with Savannah, he'd have to consider the idea that he could easily do the same to her and any kids they might have.

Since Derick's sexual abuse seems to have started with a father figure after his dad's death, leaving him vulnerable without his dad's protection, that could be a terrifying thought for him personally.

I think it would be interesting to see a guy like Derick put his family first and make hard choices in a way that traditionally only women are expected to. I could see a motivation for that and it would be less depressing than just killing him off. Someone on this show deserves that happy ending.

• Love 3

What appears likely to me is that at the end of Episode 15, Morgan is kidnapped. Maybe Savannah is too. Episode 16 sees Morgan's tribulations, whatever they may be. Then we know that Episode 18 is titled “Beautiful Disaster”, where Matthew Gray Gubler claims someone is leaving and Episode 19 Prentiss comes back.

What could happen is that we get a long, protracted arc where Morgan is held captive for four episodes, and the team fails to save him (hence the “beautiful disaster”). Prentiss comes back for a memorial, but also because she has a case.

That's what I think- and fear. I'm probably going to be reading a lot of spoilers and the comments first before I dive in to the episodes, because if Morgan is killed, I'll be out too.

Of course "Tribute" could have many meanings - although I'm not sure they can be devious enough to mislead us like that. I'm more surprised that they haven't let slip what's happening yet - Erica Messer usually reveals too much.

Give her time, give her time. Lol :D

• Love 5

I am hoping since Morgan is one of EM's personally favorites he will be spared.IMO his death is totally unnecessary.CBS has to realize the reaction of many in the fandom wouldn't be all that good.Unless of course, Does anyone here believe that CBS would actually be stupid enough to think the Lewis character would be enough to eventually placate the anger fans?On second thought never mind.Don't answer that.

I also hate the idea of Morgan's death.Because it would be an absolute cruel thing to do to poor Reid.Hasn't the poor baby suffered enough already. Of course now knowing EM and these writers the way I do,it would probably have been written as though no one was more effected by his death than the womanchild herself.

Also it was mentioned, I think by you Daniel, that perhaps Savannah herself could be in some sort of danger as well. Unfortunately you may very well be right. There is a behind the scene picture of what appears to be a young black women tied to a table against her will.

Edited by MMC
  • Love 2

I hate the idea of Morgan dying as well, for reasons I think I've enumerated in the past:

1) It's too much to do to Reid. If they'd mitigated it somehow by letting him have some personal happiness, that would be one thing, but no: threat of Alzheimer's, no deep relationship outside the BAU (excepting his fish, of course)' and the too-recent murder of his idol and mentor, Gideon. And that's just in the last year. Just, no.

2) I cannot bear the idea of having to watch Garcia grieve. Not bc of her pain, but bc of mine.

3) It's Morgan. I don't wanna see him die. I think it will be heartbreaking.

That being said, if he is indeed a fave of EM, I can see him going out with a bang. Pretty brilliant, actually, on his part. Rather than ride out the rest of the series with everyone else, he gets basically a half-season arc dedicated to him, culminating in his death, which I'm sure he will play to the nines. Remember how excited he was at his "death scene" in Mr. Scratch.

While I fervently hope it doesn't happen, I think it is entirely possible.

• Love 4

I wouldn't mind if Morgan died - I am ambivalent at best towards the character, and I feel like they need something to happen to shake things up. However, I will be really pissed if (a) Lewis replaces him, (b) we get a revolving door of replacement agents, or © there are any addiction storylines *cough*Reid*cough*.

• Love 2

I highly doubt there will be any revisiting of Reid's addiction -- MGG allegedly made it clear in S10 that he was absolutely uninterested in revisiting that storyline.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 5

What appears likely to me is that at the end of Episode 15, Morgan is kidnapped. Maybe Savannah is too. Episode 16 sees Morgan's tribulations, whatever they may be. Then we know that Episode 18 is titled “Beautiful Disaster”, where Matthew Gray Gubler claims someone is leaving and Episode 19 Prentiss comes back.

What could happen is that we get a long, protracted arc where Morgan is held captive for four episodes, and the team fails to save him (hence the “beautiful disaster”). Prentiss comes back for a memorial, but also because she has a case.

That's what I think- and fear. I'm probably going to be reading a lot of spoilers and the comments first before I dive in to the episodes, because if Morgan is killed, I'll be out too.

please don't kill another friendwhoisagirl/love interest/girlfriend/ex-wife/fiancée again. Next time it's not going to mean anything :(

Savannah should be only a worried significand other in this plot. Although she could be the one who is leaving, I wouldn't mind that, but I want Tara and her creepy toupée gone soon. Has someone seen her picture for episode 11x19?! OMG, that thing is alive!!! 

Edited by smoker
  • Love 3

I am hoping since Morgan is one of EM's personally favorites he will be spared.IMO his death is totally unnecessary.CBS has to realize the reaction of many in the fandom wouldn't be all that good.Unless of course, Does anyone here believe that CBS would actually be stupid enough to think the Lewis character would be enough to eventually placate the anger fans?On second thought never mind.Don't answer that.

They know how angry we are going to be when Morgan leaves /dies, i think that's 1 of the many reasons they're bringing Paget back for ep19. We're losing Morgan but at the same time we're getting Emily back (for one episode only). When Paget leaves once again CM fans will go crazy. They'll scream things like "We lost derick and prentice to have Ayesha?Get rid of Ayesha and bring back padgett and derick". Things are going to be ugly. The blame will be on Aisha for everything.

please don't kill another friendwhoisagirl/love interest/girlfriend/ex-wife/fiancée again. Next time it's not going to mean anything :(

Savannah should be only a worried significand other in this plot. Although she could be the one who is leaving, I wouldn't mind that, but I want Tara and her creepy toupée gone soon. Has someone seen her picture for episode 11x19?! OMG, that thing is alive!!! 

"Creepy Toupee" new song for Spencer, Hold My Earrings. And with CBS's budget, you think they'd be able to afford better wigs, toupees, weaves, etc., for CM.

And yes, no more deaths. I don't want to see a BAU member or one of his or her loved ones die. It just shows lazy and uncreative writing. And we, as fans, deserve better.

• Love 5

I agree. So far we've watched Hotch's ex-wife, Rossi's ex-wife, Gideon's girlfriend and Reid's girlfriend all die and three of those were murdered. Garcia was almost murdered BY her boyfriend, Hotch was almost murdered. Elle was almost murdered. Reid was almost murdered at least twice. Prentice was almost murdered. JJ was almost murdered. Gideon was actually murdered. Elle actually murdered someone. Almost everyone has had either themselves and/or at least one family member kidnapped and/or tortured.

When you start going through it all, it's completely insane.

So yes, since Morgan is now also being kidnapped, can we have Morgan NOT be murdered? Can we not have any members of Morgan's family murdered either? For a change? Please?

ETA - I was thinking that Morgan was free of the whole kidnapped family member thing - and then I just remembered that Morgan's cousin was also kidnapped and tortured. So, no.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 4

Well, Morgan is abducted in episode 16, but Shemar was definitely shooting through at least episode 18. The show has never done a multi-episode kidnapping arc (besides a team member being abducted at the end of one episode and it being resolved the next episode). So I can't see the show having Morgan abducted in episode 16 and then dying in episode 18. That is just too freaking much. So my guess is still that Morgan chooses to leave on his own based on the events of episode 16, but culminating in episode 18. 

It still wouldn't surprise me if it was Savannah that is leaving...we've seen "team member" mean so many things lately. It'll be a groaner, I admit, because CM doesn't need another girlfriend killed off...but, at least Morgan sticks around.

*shrugs* I still believe Morgan and Reid ought to be in their own spinoff.

I don't think Criminal Minds can get away with killing its sixth female love interest. Regardless of fan opinion about Savannah, it would just be too misogynistic to kill her. 

Now I don't WANT Morgan to leave, but my money is still on him being the one to depart. As long as it is not in a casket, I can deal, though. 

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 1

We may still yet get the "double whammy" where Morgan leaves because something happens to Savannah. I'm not that convinced CM rules anything out.

I would agree that it would be boring if Savannah gets killed, but I don't put anything past these "clever" writers at this stage. They may think that by having Lewis and Marisol Nicholls around, it would mitigate anything that happens to Savannah. They'd be wrong but when have these writers ever followed a sense of logic?

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind if Morgan died - I am ambivalent at best towards the character, and I feel like they need something to happen to shake things up. However, I will be really pissed if (a) Lewis replaces him, (b) we get a revolving door of replacement agents, or © there are any addiction storylines *cough*Reid*cough*.

I would be way more likely to start watching regularly again if Morgan leaves/dies. I have disliked him since the first season and still think SM is the show's weak link in terms of acting. However, it won't bother me if Lewis replaces him. I don't want to see some random person brought in who takes on Morgan's role of kicking down doors. Lewis seems at least more cerebral than Morgan.

but Savannah could leave because of Morgan's abduction, she understands his schedule, but he isn't going to leave the job after being in mortal danger and that could be a breaking point. It's Hotch and Haley but the other way around...please, don't kill Savannah! :S

or maybe the worst happens, but Savannah survives and Derek doesn't leave the job and she leaves him...come ooon! whatever but kill Savannah! :(

Edited by smoker

I would be way more likely to start watching regularly again if Morgan leaves/dies. I have disliked him since the first season and still think SM is the show's weak link in terms of acting. However, it won't bother me if Lewis replaces him. I don't want to see some random person brought in who takes on Morgan's role of kicking down doors. Lewis seems at least more cerebral than Morgan.

Just give it some time and I can just about guarantee you that MESSer sooner or later will end up turning Lewis into another action woman much the same way she did JJ. In fact in my opinion it has already started.I myself will miss Morgan very very much. But losing him is not a deal breaker for me,like losing Reid would be.Still I much rather have Morgan over Lewis anyday.

• Love 4

Here is a bit of a hint about upcoming episodes.

Any scoop on Criminal Minds? –Emilie

The series’ landmark 250th episode kicks off a two-parter of sorts. Directed by Joe Mantegna and written by Bruce Zimmerman, “Sandman” (understandably) features an UnSub who sprinkles sand in his victims’ eyes. And that’s not even the worst part! “It’s pretty brutal but it’s amazing,” says showrunner Erica Messer. “And it’s got a great cliffhanger element to take us into [Episode] 251,” directed by Matthew Gray Gubler and titled “A Beautiful Disaster.”

http://tvline.com/2016/02/23/once-upon-a-time-season-5-spoilers-robin-hood-staying-leaving/

• Love 2

Here is a bit of a hint about upcoming episodes.

Any scoop on Criminal Minds? –Emilie

The series’ landmark 250th episode kicks off a two-parter of sorts. Directed by Joe Mantegna and written by Bruce Zimmerman, “Sandman” (understandably) features an UnSub who sprinkles sand in his victims’ eyes. And that’s not even the worst part! “It’s pretty brutal but it’s amazing,” says showrunner Erica Messer. “And it’s got a great cliffhanger element to take us into [Episode] 251,” directed by Matthew Gray Gubler and titled “A Beautiful Disaster.”

http://tvline.com/2016/02/23/once-upon-a-time-season-5-spoilers-robin-hood-staying-leaving/

So to me this means the 250th episode will be focused quite a bit on Morgan since it is part of that arc of his.I just hope that unlike that travesty known as 200, the team as a whole will get some decent screen time.

• Love 1