Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Anticipation More Stabs, etc...

• Start Topic

What's weird is that while Rossi has had three ex wives (and I don't consider that story about him drunkenly marrying this third ex wife to be credible canon, because a 24 hour marriage does not count in the slightest, and they likely could have gotten an annulment), we have seen no REAL indication he has had love since then. The man was an absolute manwhore when he was younger, and yet the only hints of present day romance are with his ex wives. The whole story arc with Carolyn made me throw up in my mouth a bit, because it was so cheesy and unnecessary and started the introduction of those cheesy bookend personal stories. And now again, we are going to see him rekindle the romance with his second wife? Of course they are only doing this, because of Joy, and the likely cheesy prospect of the Rossi's being reunited as one, big, happy family. Should we take bets on there being a Rossi remarriage before the series ends? :) :) :)

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 6

I honestly thought that Joy's mother was dead. I thought she contacted Rossi after her mother died. And if not, then why, when he found out about Joy, did he not try to contact the mother and and least clear the air with her about their past? That said, I think this is cheesy and not at all interesting. The story was hard enough for me to buy without having the daughter and now possibly the mother around again and again. (Not saying that he couldn't have fathered one or more child in his past, but the whole being in Paris thing didn't line up with him being there at the start of the BAU, etc.) Did I mention I despise Erica Messer? 

Edited by SSAHotchner
  • Love 6

I rewatched the scene from last season when Joy and Rossi meet. She said her stepfather told her the truth as he was dying, and her mother finally had to come clean about it. Joy also said her mother still lived in Paris. Now why he has not contacted his ex wife since Joy came into his life is a question. OR they could just retcon it and say he did talk to her, and they have reconnected and have been having a long distant relationship all this time. Or maybe his ex wife comes back from Paris and they fall madly in love again. Or something. But yeah, that secret child retcon in the first place was already very tenuous to begin with. 

• Love 7

I like Joe. I like his character. But I am honestly getting fed up with these so called Rossi personal story lines. To make matters worse it'll probably be one of these B type story lines having nothing to do with the episode as a whole.When the bleep is it going to be Hotch's turn or Reid's turn.But at least Hotch got a personal story line in the episode A Place At The Table last season where as Reid didn't get a damn thing.Still I would like to see both Reid and Hotch get a DECENT story line this season.

• Love 7

I like Joe. I like his character. But I am honestly getting fed up with these so called Rossi personal story lines. To make matters worse it'll probably be one of these B type story lines having nothing to do with the episode as a whole.When the bleep is it going to be Hotch's turn or Reid's turn.But at least Hotch got a personal story line in the episode A Place At The Table last season where as Reid didn't get a damn thing.Still I would like to see both Reid and Hotch get a DECENT story line this season.

I did like A place at the table Hotch storyline, actually it's the one thing I did like because the case was weak. And I do like to see something more than just soapy romance, his family life isn't easy and I like to see Jessica and Hotch coparenting and how they balance their schedules. In the end, I think I would love watch something well written because as qwerty has said Harrison stories were a crap and I didn't care about it either. But I'm done watching Morgan and his baby mama the second or JJ bieng the 50's husband, I mean, real life is not like that, everything feels like some cliche or even worse, fake.

Of course I would love get decent stories for both of them! I'm crossing my fingers we got a handful of decent episodes this season.

• Love 5

I did like A place at the table Hotch storyline, actually it's the one thing I did like because the case was weak. And I do like to see something more than just soapy romance, his family life isn't easy and I like to see Jessica and Hotch coparenting and how they balance their schedules. In the end, I think I would love watch something well written because as qwerty has said Harrison stories were a crap and I didn't care about it either. But I'm done watching Morgan and his baby mama the second or JJ bieng the 50's husband, I mean, real life is not like that, everything feels like some cliche or even worse, fake.

Of course I would love get decent stories for both of them! I'm crossing my fingers we got a handful of decent episodes this season.

Well, be prepared for some serious arthritis in your hands because that ain't happening. I'll admit I was hopeful after the season opener, but it's been downhill ever since. 

• Love 4

Well, be prepared for some serious arthritis in your hands because that ain't happening. I'll admit I was hopeful after the season opener, but it's been downhill ever since. 

hahaha just my thoughts!

• Love 2

Hotch is a family man, but he had to make a choice between being himself and his wife, Reid is alone for different reasons, JJ and Morgan look like they have the same philosophy but Morgan chose someone from his same status: a hero! hahahaha sorry I couldn't help myself. And Garcia... I'm not wasting my time with her.

If I had to say it in one line: this is another missing chance, like many others, to write a good show instead of a soap.

Well, technically (and sarcastically) Will IS a HERO, since Hit and Run... So,...JJ and Morgan are equals, except that Morgan still doesn't have kids. But maybe we shouldn't talk about it, or Messer will overheard it and we will have annoying little mini-Morgans, proud mom and proud dad. Soapy show turned into a soapier one...

Well, in terms of Messer's view, I bet she thinks she already gave Reid a storyline in the last episode, and I am pretty sure she will act as if she gave him an arc.

I wonder if she believes in her own words...

• Love 7

Given how as soon as it is announced that Jane Lynch has work on anything, Erica used it as an excuse to say they couldn't get her for the program and therefore couldn't do a Reid arc, I'm betting she will use a similar excuse for no arc again this season. This time it will be that because Matthew was gone for a whole 3 episodes that it will mean they couldn't possibly have squeezed in a story for him OR that him being missing counts as his arc for the next two seasons. They seem to think that the Maeve storyline back in 8 should have been sufficient to cover the lack of arcs for 9 and 10. Oh wait, the getting shot in the neck thing was supposed to count as an arc...

The writers just aren't even trying.

• Love 8

Given how as soon as it is announced that Jane Lynch has work on anything, Erica used it as an excuse to say they couldn't get her for the program and therefore couldn't do a Reid arc, I'm betting she will use a similar excuse for no arc again this season. This time it will be that because Matthew was gone for a whole 3 episodes that it will mean they couldn't possibly have squeezed in a story for him OR that him being missing counts as his arc for the next two seasons. They seem to think that the Maeve storyline back in 8 should have been sufficient to cover the lack of arcs for 9 and 10. Oh wait, the getting shot in the neck thing was supposed to count as an arc...

The writers just aren't even trying.

Zannej, You forgot about Reid dealing with Gideon's demise.Although it was never officially considered any kind of story line or arc for him. For that matter neither was Angels and Demos,despite the fact Harry Bring had implied that they were Reid centric episodes.

• Love 5

Did Reid's angst over Gideon even make it to the synopsis for the episode? If not, then it doesn't count as an arc. Getting shot was basically their way of having Reid out of the picture so they didn't have to write for him for most of the episode. He had zero contribution in "Demons", but they thought that whumped Reid with absolutely zero fallout from it would tide fans over.

They could have still had Reid having residual pain without going in to the drug thing again, but they are lazy and lack creativity.

• Love 7

Did Reid's angst over Gideon even make it to the synopsis for the episode? If not, then it doesn't count as an arc. Getting shot was basically their way of having Reid out of the picture so they didn't have to write for him for most of the episode. He had zero contribution in "Demons", but they thought that whumped Reid with absolutely zero fallout from it would tide fans over.

They could have still had Reid having residual pain without going in to the drug thing again, but they are lazy and lack creativity.

"Demons' was just annoying.  Too little angst over Reid.  Too little Reid, period.  It all became about Garcia, at the second attempt at Reid's life.  And no 'recovery' scenes with most of the team.  On top of that, no one even took the time to throw a blanket over the poor boy during the plane ride home.  You're right, it was promoted as an 'arc', and all it meant was less screen time for the character.  

• Love 6

No it did not. SpoilerTV was the one who called it a Reid arc.The last time Reid was mentioned in any sort of official capacity was in season 9 in the press release for Rabid. Apparently his grieving Gideon's demise just wasn't important enough to merit a mention in the official synopsis of either Nelson's Sparrow or Hero's Worship. There were a couple of other episodes where I felt Reid should have been mentioned as part of that episode's official synopsis, but wasn't. To me it is yet another example as to how much he has been marginalized.

Edited by missmycat
  • Love 4

Unsub in a barn,

with a mask for a head,

the poor little victim,

scream scream now she's dead...

*to the tune of Away in a Manger*

Sorry, just getting into the holiday spirit.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 5

Already, Old Dog, "Cat" has fooled Reid into a date, so, I'm not holding out hope for too much real Reid. But he'll be pretty, I'm sure. 

Plus, is it weird that when I saw the outtakes of the scene with only Morgan in the frame, I thought the female voice sounded like Aubrey?

• Love 4

He's always pretty! And after a long gap without him or Criminal Minds at all I'll be looking forward to at least drooling over him in January even if, as usual, they are pants at writing the actual episode.

• Love 3

Breen Frazier wrote this one, with Erik Stiller (uncredited) so I hold out at least a little hope for it. The piece says "Reid  gets more than he bargained for during a date with Cat when she unexpectedly pulls a gun on him. The duo’s dinner becomes a game of wits when Cat discloses that she knows Reid is an FBI agent and then tasks him to think on his feet to save himself and a restaurant full of unsuspecting victims."

That doesn't necessarily make him inept. This could be really really well done. As long as Erica Messer has nothing to do with it.

I wonder if it's a test. She wants his help with something else and is seeing if he can come through. I have to admit, I'm really stoked for this. Matthew and Aubrey have been friends forever, and have a great chemistry. This could be really, really good.

• Love 4

Already, Old Dog, "Cat" has fooled Reid into a date, so, I'm not holding out hope for too much real Reid. But he'll be pretty, I'm sure. 

Plus, is it weird that when I saw the outtakes of the scene with only Morgan in the frame, I thought the female voice sounded like Aubrey?

The outtakes with Morgan were in a restaurant, so they could definitely be in this episode.

At the very least, if there is heavy unsub focus, that focus will include Reid!

• Love 2

Okay full disclosure I love seeing Morgan's protective side come out when it comes to Reid. But more than anything I want Reid to be written as the intelligent and competent agent we know he can be. And I will echo what someone else said recently.Please let it be the Reid we got in The Uncanny Valley or even the one we got in Zugswang  and not the one we got in The Forever People.

• Love 6

Episode 11x16 is going to be entitled Derek. It is going to be directed by Thomas Gibson. After that Joe Mantegna will be directing episode 17 which is CM's 250th episode. And finally Matthew will direct episode 18 that has been written by EM and KV. Sadly this looks to be Morgan's exit arc. No doubt Lewis will take his place as a full time member. I can't tell you how much this depresses me.Morgan may no longer be one of my favorites, but unlike the females on this show I am still fond of him. Lewis in my opinion is going to be a piss poor substitute. Plus I just see her as yet another bleeping female for MESSer to continue to shove down our throats.

• Love 5

I have to say that replacing Morgan with an AA female is not shoving anything down the viewer's throats, in my opinion. Network shows like to show diversity, which I support wholeheartedly. TPTB knew that Morgan was gonna go, so, they needed to have a bit of balance to the racial and gender mix. I actually like this, for the young folks who are coming up, and want to see their faces in a show they love. This is, in a different way, what Spencer Reid did, in becoming a touchstone for male and female viewers who might want and love to see someone who is not typical thrive and contribute to an important law enforcement endeavor. 

Kids need to see (even ideal and fake) diversity on TV shows, because it helps them feel included. It, of course, needs to be as realistic as possible, but it needs to be there. Not just for the children of color, or the girls. It needs to happen for the white kids, to know that other races are prized for what they can contribute. It needs to happen for boys and men, to see that girls and women contribute greatly to the culture. Sorry to be on a soapbox, but, I have no problem with CM replacing an exiting Morgan with a woman of color. I agree with the impetus. I realize they may not write it well, and it may come off badly. But I agree, they need to do this.

• Love 1

I have to say that my problem, if you could call it that, with Aisha Tyler certainly isn't bc she is a black woman, or even a woman -- but that she's another profiler. My feeling is that we just don't need another. I'd like to see a smaller group.

In fact, I'd be all for bumping off Garcia and letting Lewis take her place.

• Love 5

I have to say that replacing Morgan with an AA female is not shoving anything down the viewer's throats, in my opinion. Network shows like to show diversity, which I support wholeheartedly. TPTB knew that Morgan was gonna go, so, they needed to have a bit of balance to the racial and gender mix. I actually like this, for the young folks who are coming up, and want to see their faces in a show they love. This is, in a different way, what Spencer Reid did, in becoming a touchstone for male and female viewers who might want and love to see someone who is not typical thrive and contribute to an important law enforcement endeavor. 

Kids need to see (even ideal and fake) diversity on TV shows, because it helps them feel included. It, of course, needs to be as realistic as possible, but it needs to be there. Not just for the children of color, or the girls. It needs to happen for the white kids, to know that other races are prized for what they can contribute. It needs to happen for boys and men, to see that girls and women contribute greatly to the culture. Sorry to be on a soapbox, but, I have no problem with CM replacing an exiting Morgan with a woman of color. I agree with the impetus. I realize they may not write it well, and it may come off badly. But I agree, they need to do this.

Maybe it's just because I am not American. I have this feeling that fitting all 'types of minorities' in every single show only emphasize the differences. I don't know. I am just not used to 'notice' there are not Asians in this show, or that there are not enough women in that other show, or that there are no regular female cast members, in another one, of there are just 'not enough black actors' in yet another show. I just don't count people like that, and I've lived in places where that is the norm. I don't understand why this is such a big issue in the USA.

• Love 5

Droogs, just how could Lewis take Garcia's place? They need a techno bunny, and she's it. And at least it's not as over-the-top as Beyond Boredom's Monty.

I'm so over the Garcia character, but ideally she serves a function. The ones that need to be replaced are the writers who can't write an adult Garcia, or an appreciated Reid. A show runner who appreciates the core of the show she inherited. 

• Love 3

Look at it this way. If a main cast member does leave and is replaced by Aisha, that would mean they would have five profilers and one tech analyst. Let's say it is Morgan that leaves. That would mean there would be three male profilers and two female profilers (with one female tech analyst, that would actually bring the show to gender parity). Five profilers was the norm for this show until season seven, and it worked well. In fact this season, we haven't had more than five profilers at one any time (since Reid has been absent for three episodes). 

• Love 2

Yeah and I can totally see MESSer shoving JJ, Lewis and probably Garcia down our throats at the expense of Hotch and Reid. Lewis isn't even an official full time member of the cast and I already felt as if she were being shoved down my throat. So I am dreading when she does become one. Sorry but right now I am just seeing her as another one of these ridiculous over the top females that MESSer is so damn enamored with and expects everyone else to be as well. And of course CBS lets her just to show they aren't the sexist pigs they've been accused of being in the past.

• Love 2

Droogs, just how could Lewis take Garcia's place? They need a techno bunny, and she's it. And at least it's not as over-the-top as Beyond Boredom's Monty.

I'm so over the Garcia character, but ideally she serves a function. The ones that need to be replaced are the writers who can't write an adult Garcia, or an appreciated Reid. A show runner who appreciates the core of the show she inherited.

Realistically, she wouldn't replace Garcia, as in, she wouldn't do what Garcia does. (gosh, that could be refreshing, but I digress...)

I think it's just bc I'm looking for a way to realistically oust Penelope, dynamics of the show be damned.

And we are in complete agreement over who really needs to be replaced.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 4

Episode 11x16 is going to be entitled Derek. It is going to be directed by Thomas Gibson. After that Joe Mantegna will be directing episode 17 which is CM's 250th episode. And finally Matthew will direct episode 18 that has been written by EM and KV. Sadly this looks to be Morgan's exit arc. No doubt Lewis will take his place as a full time member. I can't tell you how much this depresses me.Morgan may no longer be one of my favorites, but unlike the females on this show I am still fond of him. Lewis in my opinion is going to be a piss poor substitute. Plus I just see her as yet another bleeping female for MESSer to continue to shove down our throats.

after Mr scratch, the 250th episode should be directed by Matthew GG, just saying

Joe Mantegna is the weakest director by far

• Love 4

Now I do agree that Joe is the weakest of the actor directors (there are other directors on this show I am not exactly excited about), BUT, if episode 18 really is Morgan's exit, it is likely to be a much more dramatic episode than the 250th episode (though if I have to guess, episode 17 will lead directly into episode 18). Matthew may very well have been given the bigger episode, which he has proven he can handle. 

• Love 7

Yes, Joe's last effort was abysmal. Maybe Shemar wanted Matthew to direct his exit. He directed Paget's exit episode. Even though the story was crap, Matthew did a good job. And there was that one tantalizing moment when I thought they were going to shoot Seaver on the rooftop.... Oh, well, at least she was gone after that season. 

• Love 3

Maybe it's just because I am not American. I have this feeling that fitting all 'types of minorities' in every single show only emphasize the differences. I don't know. I am just not used to 'notice' there are not Asians in this show, or that there are not enough women in that other show, or that there are no regular female cast members, in another one, of there are just 'not enough black actors' in yet another show. I just don't count people like that, and I've lived in places where that is the norm. I don't understand why this is such a big issue in the USA.

they should try bringing someone who is actually smart, that would be refreshing.

moreover, it's not only that, there is something with the main cast, it happens with almost any procedural, they (showrunners, producers...) are obsessed about keeping always the same number of characters, as much I understand they do that in the begining of shows, I find it stupid, rigid and poor strategically in shows with several seasons behind. I prefer knowing more about the characters I know, the cast is not unbalanced, it's the writing, the writing is the keystone as always, but they don't bring new blood or ideas there :(

Look at it this way. If a main cast member does leave and is replaced by Aisha, that would mean they would have five profilers and one tech analyst. Let's say it is Morgan that leaves. That would mean there would be three male profilers and two female profilers (with one female tech analyst, that would actually bring the show to gender parity). Five profilers was the norm for this show until season seven, and it worked well. In fact this season, we haven't had more than five profilers at one any time (since Reid has been absent for three episodes).

Agree. Emily was suposed to be dead, then JJ came back to full fill her job, even her late super-spy personality, after that, Prentiss came back to life and she joined the team. As if that fantasy was't bad enough, when she took another job and the issue of the extra profiler was done, someone decided it was a great idea cheating on us with the number of profilers. you know how that follows so no more rambling

Edited by smoker
  • Love 3

The information about episode 16 came from a source who has inside knowledge of the casting process. 

Diversity in casting (and behind the scenes) is a pretty big deal in America, because we have a diverse population, but a good chunk of what comes out of Hollywood is majority white/majority male. There is a huge pushback on that perspective, and a push to get casts and creative staff that more closely resemble the demographics of America. 

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 2

Diversity in casting (and behind the scenes) is a pretty big deal in America, because we have a diverse population, but a good chunk of what comes out of Hollywood is majority white/majority male. There is a huge pushback on that perspective, and a push to get casts and creative staff that more closely resemble the demographics of America. 

The part that - imo - doesn't make a whole lot of sense to those ouside the US is why the focus on racial/ethnic diversity is primarily for the black population. From the TV shows that claim to be "diverse" and represent the American population, you'd think there are few if any Asians, Arabs, South Asians/Indians, etc in the US. It doesn't seem like there is ever a "quota" or any pressure on the networks to include members of other minorities, with the *possible* exception of Hispanics. A show is touted as diverse if it has multiple black main characters.

And that's not even touching on any other measures of diversity (religion, age, sexual orientation, etc)

Edited by secnarf
  • Love 3

George Carlin (RIP) once said that the reason politicians spend so much time focusing on what makes people different is for a distraction. That as long as we're separate from each other and fighting among ourselves, they can "run off with all the fucking money". To me, the American obsession* with diversity is a miniature version of that distraction, something to keep us thinking about what makes us different instead of what makes us the same, and while Carlin could be an annoying leftover hippie sometimes, he also had a good point about the insistence about fixating on our separateness.

*My word for it.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 6

The part that - imo - doesn't make a whole lot of sense to those ouside the US is why the focus on racial/ethnic diversity is primarily for the black population. From the TV shows that claim to be "diverse" and represent the American population, you'd think there are few if any Asians, Arabs, South Asians/Indians, etc in the US. It doesn't seem like there is ever a "quota" or any pressure on the networks to include members of other minorities, with the *possible* exception of Hispanics. A show is touted as diverse if it has multiple black main characters.

And that's not even touching on any other measures of diversity (religion, age, sexual orientation, etc)

that's a great point because they should hire someone of each race in the country to make every group present...

I'm not American either so I can't see the real world there, I don't know how accurate is a law firm with just one black person or none with Asian roots, is the bussiness in the coast or in some small town in the middle of the country?, are those lawyers  from a rich family or they got a scholarship?...with some data I can make an educated guess, but that's it.

however, as a viewer I have an opinion of how things work when the product is shown on tv.

I remember a storyline in ER, dr benton and dr corday were dating, they were doing great, suddenly they broke up, that happened because the actor thought that was a bad example and it was giving bad impressions, his other relationships with black women were horrible while that one with a white woman was wonderful. Well, I was a bit stunned for that statement, I only saw two colleagues with a good chemistry,  she was white, rich and English and he was black, workingclass and American. In my opinion, their relationship worked because they were equals as doctors beyond race and culture.

not so long ago, blue bloods (CBS, of course) fired Jenniefer Esposito, she was great in her role (she has played a cop/detective several times), I don't know what happen for real, I don't trust much on cbs tho. My point is, they tried several actress, the first one was white and she was horrible, the writing, the performance... they changed her for another female, this one was better, not perfect but a lot better, the contrast between det reagan and her character had possibilities, well, they took her off too because she was a white woman, I realized that because the third one was hispanic. She is horrible, worse than the first one, not only her history is borrowed from Esposito's character, the actress is awful. I don't watch that show since season 4, Tom Selleck is not enough.

talking about myself, I watch fictional shows when I am looking for entertainment and not realism. if a show wants to be closer to reality (even being a fiction), they should do it better. Look at The wire...

so coming back to CM, I want to see more of hotch and reid and not AT's character, I swear to God I'm starting to miss kate and blake :(

Edited by smoker
  • Love 3

Whoever is leaving is most likely leaving in episode 18. "According to Matthew Gray Gubler, he will be directing an episode in which another BAU member will be leaving the cast this season" He is directing episode 18.

I asked a much more specific question, even though it wasn't answered (because the answer to this question hints at what I was trying to determine). I honestly don't know how they are going to make this work into one coherent story, but it still does make the Cat date story separate from the Dirty Dozen, if only because her story seemed way more personal than hitmen. Of course now I realize that this "spoiler" was basically taken directly from the press release for this episode. 

Are there any Reid stories coming up on Criminal Minds? –Deane

As first reported by TVLine, Reid will be back in a big way in the midseason premiere, which is titled “Entropy” and airs Jan. 13. In that episode, the BAU implements an elaborate strategy to try and take down the “Dirty Dozen” hitmen ring, with Reid playing a central role — when he’s not on his “hot” date with Aubrey Plaza, I reckon

http://tvline.com/2015/12/15/the-100-season-3-spoilers-clarke-lexa/

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/12/cbs-upcoming-episode-press-releases_15.html

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 6

Other points of interest about the press release for Entropy. Savannah is making an appearance, and so is a young Reid. Considering we saw no other names in the guest cast connected to Reid (meaning no Reid parents), it will be interesting to see how this flashback factors in to the overall story. 

• Love 1