Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Anticipation More Stabs, etc...

• Start Topic

Here's something I'm just going to throw out there:

If Morgan (or someone else) is indeed leaving after episode 18, does this mean we'll have a S12 for sure? Wouldn't make sense for a star to exit with so few episodes left if indeeded S11 is it- otherwise, why not just make the star wait a few episodes? Four more episodes doesn't make much of a difference if this is it for everyone, but it does if everyone else gets another season.

• Love 1

I for one won't publicize another forum on this one. The other forum is capriciously hostile, and I'd hate to hand them new participants in their group.

Ehh, I won't join the forum if I come to know where it is...

I'm just curious about the fact that there are so hostile fans to Reid when we all know Reid is the very "fans' favorite". No matter what other fans shout out, a fact is a fact.

If Morgan (or someone else) is indeed leaving after episode 18, does this mean we'll have a S12 for sure? Wouldn't make sense for a star to exit with so few episodes left if indeeded S11 is it- otherwise, why not just make the star wait a few episodes? Four more episodes doesn't make much of a difference if this is it for everyone, but it does if everyone else gets another season.

We think we'll def have S12.

CM will be moved to 10 p.m timeslot, thank you stupid Erica Messer! and CBS having been ignoring fans' fav Reid and even half fireing him in this season!, but it will be def renewed.

I mean, if CM isn't renewed but CBS TPTB idiots allow the showrunners to make the whole season for great Morgan the almighty exit, 95% of viewers will be pissed and ratings will really tank like the ratings haven't dropped enough already.

One more thing.

Shemar isn't such a star, and Morgan is "NEVER" fans' top favorite. Unlike he thinks he is the "only" star to mean for the show and even he said, "CM won't last long w/o me".

So I or TONS of viewers seem to want the show to move on w/o Morgan and never bring him back even after his promised f***** boring great exit.

I wish he had left already and let CBS idiot make S11 for Reid and Hotch who are the real popular ones and do more promotions for MGG who is way more deserved than SM actually.

I guess CM will even gain more viewers w/o SM over centric, I'm talking about promotion, and if stupid showrunners and old dead CBS TPTB apppeciate Gubler way more and promote him as much as SM has been recieved.

But if they keep on ignoring Reid as one genius, viewers will be disappeared completely in S12.

S10 was enough for most younger viewers, and three Reid-absent eps killed 18-34 viewers even when Empire and SVU weren't aired.

It's never SM who is a lure of viewers. It's MGG and TG.

Edited by thewhiteowl

By the way, I need some Gubler fandome's information.

Is there any dedicated to MGG, not Reid??

I don't care much about Reid after S6 actually...I care way more about MGG's future. He should leave CM and move on major movies like with Wes Anderson or a new TV serie for him.

Ehh, I won't join the forum if I come to know where it is...

I'm just curious about the fact that there are so hostile fans to Reid when we all know Reid is the very "fans' favorite". No matter what other fans shout out, a fact is a fact.

We think we'll def have S12.

CM will be moved to 10 p.m timeslot, thank you stupid Erica Messer bitch! and CBS having been ignoring fans' fav Reid and even half fireing him in this season!, but it will be def renewed.

I mean, if CM isn't renewed but CBS TPTB idiots allow the showrunners to make the whole season for great Morgan the almighty exit, 95% of viewers will be pissed and ratings will really tank like the ratings haven't dropped enough already.

As far as I know, there's no rule against posting the other forum's name, people here have just opted not to (mods please correct me if I'm wrong).

Please refrain from personal attacks, such as calling EM a "bitch". It is one thing to disagree with how she has run the show, but it is another thing entirely to take that into an attack on her as a person. Even if you know her personally in order to make that judgement, there are other words you can use to more accurately convey your point. This is what (we hope) makes PTV different from "the other forum" and places like facebook and twitter.

I think it is interesting that you find it so curious that people dislike Reid even though he is, as you said, a "fan favourite". You might think so, and I'm inclined to say that most people would agree with you, but that doesn't mean there aren't people out there who disagree. If everybody likes a character, something is wrong. No character should be universally liked, since everyone has different opinions and is coming from different life experiences, which colour their perception of the characters they see on TV. In most cases, this should simply be a case of "agreeing to disagree" in a polite manner, but unfortunately it can get out of control. And in case you are new to the CM fandom, a vocal minority of people act completely irrationally when it comes to the characters they like and dislike. It's kind of embarrassing, actually.

Also, "95% of viewers will be pissed"? Really? 

87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot :P

Even if what you say is true and a majority of viewers are upset that the final season focused on Morgan's exit, I doubt CBS would care because by that point the show would already be cancelled. Now, I agree with you that it isn't the best decision from a creativity standpoint, and personally I have zero interest in any storyline involving Morgan, but TPTB are not currently planning on this being the last season, so it is prudent for them to take a longer-term view of things.

Edited by secnarf
  • Love 5

There is no rule about posting the names of other sites. We have had issues with posters that come from a site that is run by a former Mod/poster here. Apparently the rules are different there. IDK.

Misogynistic slurs are not allowed.

• Love 1

Here's something I'm just going to throw out there:

Likely if someone is leaving at episode 18, this deal was put into place last summer during contract negotiations. At the time, that person could not know if season 11 was the last season,and if they wanted off the show, they would not make that assumption. This show will likely go down to the wire for renewal like it has in some recent years, but it likely will be renewed for next year. 

• Love 3

FA, of course we think that SM had thought Morgan would have his 3 to 4 episode exit back in 10, but the 2 ladies being pregnant at the same time pulled the plug on that. So, he stayed through 11 to be able to have a stable team and time for a proper send-off for Morgan. Whether or not we have season 12 is unknown at this time, but I think in the next few weeks we should know, and I would bet on a season 12, unless there's stuff going on of a major nature that we can't see.

I'd love there to be one more season that emphasizes the core profilers and dampens a bit of the cartoonishness in the writing, and the characterization, such as with Penelope. Then, i'd love them to stop.

• Love 7

FA, of course we think that SM had thought Morgan would have his 3 to 4 episode exit back in 10, but the 2 ladies being pregnant at the same time pulled the plug on that. So, he stayed through 11 to be able to have a stable team and time for a proper send-off for Morgan. Whether or not we have season 12 is unknown at this time, but I think in the next few weeks we should know, and I would bet on a season 12, unless there's stuff going on of a major nature that we can't see.

I'd love there to be one more season that emphasizes the core profilers and dampens a bit of the cartoonishness in the writing, and the characterization, such as with Penelope. Then, i'd love them to stop.

Thumbs up to your last paragraph; I'd love for CM to wrap things up with a final season that restores it to its previous glory (which got me hooked in the first place) rather than go on several mores seasons that are just like the ones that have tested our patience for the past few years. CM should go out with a bang, not a whimper.

• Love 7

while I'm not a particularly huge fan of Shemar and/or Morgan, I have to disagree with the notion that he doesn't have a huge following because he does. I'm sure there are lots of folks for whom Shemar/Morgan is the favourite. I think the perception that Reid/MGG has the largest following may be because he's the perceived youngest who appeals to the youngest audience who also happen to be those most prolific on social media. He has over a million followers on twitter; Shemar has just over 710K, also a huge following.

I'm older. Than both Shemar and Matthew; and probably most of you too. I fled one Facebook group that was full of (my perception anyway) 13-18 year olds who all felt Matthew was gonna marry them some day and said just terrible things about Shemar, Thomas and Joe. And the females. Oh my god, the awful things they were saying about JLH and JT. While Matthew/Reid is my favourite, I do care about them all and carry no tolerance for disrespectful/hateful/derogatory posts about any of them. I've joined and left so many forums and groups because of it. And what I can't for the life of me understand is why they'd be like this. If you know anything about MGG, you know he's a completely positive minded person, and he describes all his CM costars as 'family'. 

This forum is about the only one I've encountered where all the cast is fan-represented and adored relatively equally. I don't feel that anti-Reid sentiment here, or the AJCook is a Goddess and anyone who says anything against her is an idiot vibe that I get in a few places. If I wanna talk just about Reid/MGG, I have a little circle of Facebook friends with whom I do that :)

And for the person who asked, the best place to follow MGG's career is his own twitter/Facebook or his webpage (his twitter is gublernation; Facebook is Matthew Gray Gubler as official as it gets) and his webpage is gublerland (matthewgraygubler.com).

• Love 4

Thumbs up to your last paragraph; I'd love for CM to wrap things up with a final season that restores it to its previous glory (which got me hooked in the first place) rather than go on several mores seasons that are just like the ones that have tested our patience for the past few years. CM should go out with a bang, not a whimper.

I totally agree with this, but I see little to no chance of this happening with the current writers and show runner. More's the pity. 

• Love 5

I totally agree with this, but I see little to no chance of this happening with the current writers and show runner. More's the pity.

Don't give up hope. I'm a big NCIS fan but thought season 9 and 10 were awful, then season 11 saw a cast shake up, 12 and 13 have been among the best of the show.

• Love 3

I do think CM can have a resurgence, but not until the showrunner and most of the writers are replaced with better ones. 

And I personally like the return of basic crime investigation episodes and less political/terrorism ones now that there is no more Ziva on NCIS. 

• Love 2

I do think CM can have a resurgence, but not until the showrunner and most of the writers are replaced with better ones. 

And I personally like the return of basic crime investigation episodes and less political/terrorism ones now that there is no more Ziva on NCIS. 

Except CBS would have to give enough of a damn to implement these changes. And sadly I see very little evidence of it. First of all they were the ones who started the show on it's downward spiral by stupidly insisting on messing with a cast that did not need to be messed with.And yes we eventually got the girls back, but with Paget/Emily it was only temporary. And JJ morphed into something so many of us grew to despise. But worst of all we now know that CBS' blatant stupidity caused the show Ed Bernero as it's show runner.And of course his exit allowed our beloved show to fall into the hands of Erica"Soap Opera" MESSer.

• Love 3

My fear is it's going to be another failed attempt at writing. Clearly Danny Glover is too old to play Derek's father in flashbacks, so if they try to say that the man who died isn't really Derek's father.... I don't want them to go there. Is this the best use of Danny Glover, and is this the best they can come up with for Derek's exit? Won't know until we see it, but I'm not at all optimistic.

The first thing that comes to mind is that Derek has a near death experience (ala Elle) or even a dream and he has a vision of how his dad would look now if he lived. His dad is possibly there to provide some sort of guidance or provide advice for a decision that Morgan has to make, and maybe that decision is what leads him to leave (assuming Morgan is leaving).

• Love 2

Hey, if Erica is able to understand what "Criminal minds of old" is, why can't all the episodes be like that?

I don't trust her or the writers. Can't wait to see MGG get a lot of focus and significance, but I'm leery of this and the 250th episode. If that's anything like 200, which Erica also thought was a great episode, we're screwed. 

• Love 4

I'd be excited if it wasn't part of Derek Morgan's exit arc. Pity that the only time CM cares for its characters not named JJ is when they're leaving.

What? CM cares really much about Morgan/Shemar and Garcia too.

I really wish he had left already.

Since Messer's fav three, Shemar, AJ and KV took over the show, and MGG and TG were maginalized, the ratings KEEP dropping.

I'm so fed up with unpopular SM centric promotions on CBS video, twitter and FB.

SM fans are SO NOISY, but he is never our top fav, we know it.

I really think SM and Messer's leaving the show will help ratings rise again.

Just leave!

MGG had been absent for THREE EPISODES w/o any anouncement! But that stupid and blind CBS has never made video of MGG (and TG) like gross SM, KV, AJ, JM and EVEN AISHA did!

FUCK them!

CM is the show that "no one cares about it and it doesn't get much ratings unlike NCIS, but still strangely always renewed" by my friend. This is so right.

When stupid CBS paid attention to Reid/MGG and TG, I was a child and didn't want to see it, but still I felt CM was popular EVEN AMONG YOUNGS because of reid.

Whatever old people make excuse, the show that younger viewers, KEY DEMOGRAPHICS, hate can't be popular, can't win any award and won't last long.

CM doesn't have so many key viewers as even NCIS has.

And even w/o Empire, CM's rating of 18-34 dropped.

If CM cultic fans and blind TPTB keep pissing on Reid's fans, literally most of younger viewers, SM's leaving will help them come back but still S12 will be the last season w/o full episodes.

I can see CBS TPTB that I really think someone hates MGG with passion will ignore Reid/MGG but focuse on Hotch/TG again and try to appease noisy fans.

I hope there's a satisfactory explanation for this, because for a supposedly sophisticated criminal group, it sure doesn't sound intelligent to take a person of interest hostage in a public place, like a restaurant, where dozens of people could call in the authorities (who'd at least be aware something was happening just by the fact a restaurant has been seized by a criminal). I'd think it would have been better for Cat Adams to take Reid hostage at his home, or at hers, since that lowers the chances she'd get caught.

Unless this is some contrived thing where Adams knows she'll get caught and thus needs to go to prison to rescue some other baddie...okay, this is making my head hurt.

• Love 1

So Reid was sent to Cat in order to have her agree to a date so that the team could corner her in a restaurant.

I don't know where to begin...two things jump out:

-Reid, canonically, isn't that good at getting a date. Morgan or Rossi are better suited for that plan, or even Hotch.

(Or, heck, JJ...most of the Dirty Dozen gang are hitmen aren't they, and men are typically more susceptible to seductive coercion)

-Having Reid corner Cat in a restaurant means that the team's plan puts many innocent civilians in unwarranted danger. That should have dismissed the idea outright, and is something like that in good taste after San Bernardino?

TVLine says that Reid is the one cornered, since Cat interrogates him. It's a bit more plausible, but only marginally so.

• Love 1

Episode 16 is called “Derek” directed by Thomas Gibson

Episode 17 is the 250th episode and directed by Joe Mantegna

Episode 18 is Co-Written by Kirsten Vangsness and directed by Matthew Gray Gubler who says a main cast member is leaving….

I'm scared...and excited...and scared

• Love 2

I'm sure they negotiate the fact they got to direct two episodes into their contract, but not necessarily which episode. That decision is likely made by Erica, and they likely can request an episode, but when they are negotiating contracts, they haven't broken the season storylines yet.

I'm sure they negotiate the fact they got to direct two episodes into their contract, but not necessarily which episode. That decision is likely made by Erica, and they likely can request an episode, but when they are negotiating contracts, they haven't broken the season storylines yet.

This is true, but they definitely would have known that the 250th episode would be this season and it's also a good bet that they'd know that the storyline would be high-profile (even if they don't know what exactly the storyline will be), so I could believe that JM pushed to be able to direct the 250th episode.

Nothing we didn't already know, but I'm just putting this out there.

How worried should viewers be about Derek Morgan in upcoming episodes of Criminal Minds? What sort of emotional upheaval should viewers be preparing themselves for? –LaShawna
“There is a lot going on with Derek,” says show boss Erica Messer — as this provocative bit of casting for the episode titled “Derek” already suggested. “He’s really taking up our emotional head space for a good chunk of this midseason stretch.”

What’s with the absence of Spencer Reid on Criminal Minds these last few shows? –Traci
Though Reid resurfaced last week, he was MIA for a stretch, because Matthew Gray Gubler’s current deal doesn’t call for him to be in every Season 11 episode. As Erica Messer explains, “I always joke that [Matthew] makes me feel like I’m standing still, he has so many things going on all the time. There was an opportunity he didn’t want to pass up for the fall that made him light with us, and we were happy to oblige because he’s such a pro and such a love. We love to make him happy.”

http://tvline.com/2016/01/19/sleepy-hollow-season-3-papa-mills-spoilers/

• Love 1

http://cartermatt.com/188981/midseason-report-card-criminal-minds-season-11/

^ So I found this. I have to say I utterly disagree with it on so many levels. I have found Tara Lewis to be very disappointing, since she's done nothing to really stand out from the group. She's just another bland, “expert on everything” agent that the show doesn't need. Furthermore, Aisha Tyler can do so much better- on Whose Line Is It Anyway? she has a lot more energy and spunk. Where is that on CM?

Also, the Dirty Dozen was also underwhelming. They didn't have a lot of motivations, they were one-dimensional and (save, partly, for Aubrey Plaza) they just weren't all that interesting. It's like the show thought that if they targeted Garcia it'd be enough for me to care about them but it wasn't. I mean, they never even established why they hated Garcia in the first place...it's pretty hard to get invested then. As for Garcia, I'd agree with the reviewer that some moments were nice (like Hotch helping her bake), but the effects the hitgroup had on her were largely left unexplored.

I did agree about the lack of Reid, as well as how trite the episodes were, but this review was still way off the mark.

• Love 2

I agree with you about the underwhelming Dirty Dozen arc. Honestly the only two episodes I liked out of it were The Job and Entropy. All others could disapear and I would be fine. I guess the writers and producers assumed that the mere thought of Penelope in peril would make people interested, but since there was no good explanation for her targeting, I never believed it. They should have invested in writing some solid exposition that showed why and how Penelope was so crucial, but instead they just skipped over it. It is pretty much akin to their failure to make The Replicator make sense. They build all these little story points, but they don't connect them with logic.

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 3

http://cartermatt.com/188981/midseason-report-card-criminal-minds-season-11/

^ So I found this. I have to say I utterly disagree with it on so many levels. I have found Tara Lewis to be very disappointing, since she's done nothing to really stand out from the group. She's just another bland, “expert on everything” agent that the show doesn't need. Furthermore, Aisha Tyler can do so much better- on Whose Line Is It Anyway? she has a lot more energy and spunk. Where is that on CM?

Also, the Dirty Dozen was also underwhelming. They didn't have a lot of motivations, they were one-dimensional and (save, partly, for Aubrey Plaza) they just weren't all that interesting. It's like the show thought that if they targeted Garcia it'd be enough for me to care about them but it wasn't. I mean, they never even established why they hated Garcia in the first place...it's pretty hard to get invested then. As for Garcia, I'd agree with the reviewer that some moments were nice (like Hotch helping her bake), but the effects the hitgroup had on her were largely left unexplored.

I did agree about the lack of Reid, as well as how trite the episodes were, but this review was still way off the mark.

Agreed. In fact mine was the only comment on this review disagreeing with it - no one else joined in at the time! I don't think I have ever agreed with any Cartermatt articles!

• Love 1

http://tvline.com/2016/01/22/greys-anatomy-owens-sister-nathan-riggs-transgender-season-12/

Aubrey Plaza says she'd be happy to come back anytime, and also that she sees Entropy as 'a love story'. Somehow, I think she may, just possibly, be joking about the second part.

I'd be happy to see her become a kind of Lector figure for Reid, for one episode, as long as she doesn't come back so often she a) becomes his 'Nicole Wallace' (Law & Order:CI reference - such an annoying character) or b) the two of them ever jump off a cliff or roast anyone's leg together...

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 3

While I love the chemistry between Aubrey and Matthew, and adore both as actors etc, I don't see how they could possibly salvage this into some sort of love relationship for Reid. She's an unsub! He's a good guy! am I missing something?

• Love 3

No, I don't think you are. I'm sure she was just having some fun. She's funny.

Anyway, they'd never have Reid fall in love with a cold-blooded, remorseless serial murderer. That would be ridiculous to a shark-jumping level. I suppose she could fall for him! That might be interesting.

But, anyway their (platonic) interactions were really enjoyable, and I think I'd like another episode with a bit of that in it.

• Love 3

I think AP was pulling the collective Leg, but i do think Spencer wants to help her, and i could see a way he would visit her (offscreen) and try to get her some help, etc. If these were high-caliber writers, maybe they could do something like that. It could be that "Cat"'s dad actually turned out to be a serial killer, and the BAU gets Spencer to get Cat to help find him.

'Could happen....

Edited by normasm
  • Love 1

If the Dirty Dozen story arc will still continue like we have heard, I would love it if Spencer would visit Cat in prison to get information (ala Clarice Starling and Hannibal Lecter), but that is as far as I want it to go. I can see them being fascinated with each other, but I can't see Spencer striking up a romantic relationship with a hit woman who will spend the rest of her life in jail. But I would love to see them verbally sparring again. 

• Love 4