Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Anticipation More Stabs, etc...

• Start Topic

My apologies for starting the whole Nipple Clamp Debacle. I can't help what my old eyes thought they saw.

And I can't help but think that with such blatant sexualization of Morgan in the scenes we've seen (heh), they wanted our minds to venture in that direction...

• Love 5

promo for episode 11x18

so they shot Savannah, but I still don't understand why Morgan? and why this conspiracy against him?

they are implying Savannah and the baby are going to survive and Morgan is ambushed...maybe...

Edited by smoker
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure the baby will live.  Beyond that, it's a toss up.  Does Savannah survive and they all ride into the sunset together?  Does Morgan resign to take care of his motherless child?  Or Do Savannah and the child carry on without the head of their family?

Based on the 'Beautiful Disaster' title, I'm guessing they all three make it though the next episode, at least.  

• Love 1

I think Savannah and Morgan should die and Reid gets the baby!

OK, just kidding, and probably Garcia would get the baby if that happened....

My theory is Morgan has to take Sav and the baby into witness protection. That way, he can come back next year for guest spots, etc.

• Love 5

I think Savannah and Morgan should die and Reid gets the baby!

OK, just kidding, and probably Garcia would get the baby if that happened....

My theory is Morgan has to take Sav and the baby into witness protection. That way, he can come back next year for guest spots, etc.

And have a harem babysitters....just sayin'

• Love 3

And have a harem babysitters....just sayin'

Just my point!!! hahahaha

Does Morgan resign to take care of his motherless child? 

It's lame enough they wrote this JJ-Prentiss-Hotch remix, they don't need copycat the whole plot. After the bunch of cliches, I hope the three of them survived to live their lives far away.

By the way, I was watching the promo very slowly and it lookslike there is a bullet missing in the chamber of that gun

Edited by smoker
  • Love 2

Well, JMO, since he's supposedly walking into a "setup" or ambush, i suppose he's talking to Garcia. However, it's intriguing to think that you might be right, that he would be so emotional at the birth of his daughter that he called her baby girl.

• Love 3

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of him repeating the news he's just been given, as in...."I have a baby girl?"  But I do know some kids that carried that name for a good long while.  Indecisive parents.

Looks promising, either way.

• Love 2

Well they have just released the press release for Beautiful Disaster. Not surprisingly there is no mention of a team member leaving.What is surprising is that it appears that this time the whole BAU is suppose to be targeted.How can that be? Surely that can't include someone as irrelevant as Hotch and Reid? Why I thought only Ninja Barbie, Chocolate Thunder and Baby Girl posed any sort of threat to these so called undesirables(unsubs)

Case in point: In the episode True Genius an unsub finds out about Reid's vast intellect.Is he threatened by it.Does he feel compelled to take Reid out.Nope not at all.He simple feels the need to prove that his intellect "was superior to Reid's".Fast forward several seasons later and a group of hit men somehow find out about Garcia and her magical computer. Naturally said hit men(unsubs) feeling justifiably threaten by her, felt compelled to take Garcia out.As if bumping her off would have render the BAU completely useless.Because nobody else in the entire FBI agent or any other government agent for that matter were capable of doing what Garcia does. OKAY,OKAY. Yeah I know many times it is written as though the BAU would be useless without Garcia and her magic computer.That certainly wasn't the case when ED"Oh how I miss that man" Bernero was at the helm of the show. No rather Garcia and her so called magical computer is another one of this so called little gems bought to us by CM's current show ruiner  Erica"I'd really like to know what moron put her in charge" MESSer.

Edited by MMC
  • Love 3

I'm hopeful that they got at least another season, there are a few long-running shows squeezing their resources and their audience (law and order, bones, CSI, castle...) there is not much left of them, and no many shows got big numbers anymore, I remember 20 million people being the magic number for a lot of shows a decade ago and they are lucky with half of that nowadays.

I guess it's a matter of benefit and the lack of  better new shows.

• Love 2

Finally!  I thought the exit was just dragging and I certainly did not need 2-3 episodes dedicated or hinting at his departure.  I mean sheesh, I don't want him to go and I think he made the show what it is but if he's gonna go, just go already!  Lol.

I'm eager to see who replaces him though.  I am not a fan of the woman who replaced JLH who replaced all the other unnamed people who tried to replace Emily Prentice.

Erica interview in the wake of Shemar's departure.

http://tvline.com/2016/03/24/criminal-minds-shemar-moore-leaving-derek-replacement/

TBYA, I really hope they don't replace him. They have too many profilers, and if they don't "retire" Rossi or do something fun like get Emily back, another person will throw everything off again. Just stick with Tara and let it be.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 5

Actually if I had my way not only would they not bring in another character/cast member. Aisha Tyler/Tara Lewis would remain as a recurring character both in screen time and credit wise. Now I know that it is not likely to happen that way. As much as I'd like it to.

• Love 2

They do kind of need to replace him, I think. He's the tackler, the door buster physical guy. Hotch and Rossi are aging out of that, JJ can only do so much, Tara is a desk gal and Spencer is a waif. All just my opinion but his departure leaves a hole. They may try to have Spencer do it but it looks as unbelievable to me as it does with ninja JJ.

• Love 1

Tara has proved not to be a desk gal, in fact, if I had a complaint, it was that she was keeping up with Morgan in her first week (seemingly) on the job. Reid has proven pretty capable in the field, especially lately. Besides, if we were to get a little closer to reality, which I would vote for, we would have way less busting down doors and shooting up the place, and more cerebral solving of the puzzles these cases used to be.

• Love 9

Tara has proved not to be a desk gal, in fact, if I had a complaint, it was that she was keeping up with Morgan in her first week (seemingly) on the job. Reid has proven pretty capable in the field, especially lately. Besides, if we were to get a little closer to reality, which I would vote for, we would have way less busting down doors and shooting up the place, and more cerebral solving of the puzzles these cases used to be.

I'd like nothing more myself. Unfortunately as long as CM still continues to get decent ratings for the most part CBS will continue to allow MESSer to take the show in the direction she chooses.Also I'd love nothing more than to an get honest opinion from Jeff Davis regarding the show today. Is this really what he envisioned for both the show in general as well as the characters themselves.This show is now far and a way different from when he created it and wrote the pilot episode Extreme Aggressor. And while I didn't expect CM to stay exactly the same as it was in it's pilot,because I realize shows sometimes do need to change and adapt in order to grow. But to me there is a difference between that and taking the show in such a direction that it becomes virtually unrecognizable from what it was originally suppose to be. And it's a crying shame that apparently MESSer seemed incapable of telling the difference.

Edited by MMC
  • Love 7

I'll miss Morgan. Or at least the Morgan that showed up occasionally when they bothered to write interesting things for him. At his best he added something that's almost totally lacking otherwise: Skepticism and push-back on decisions. Sometimes he was obnoxious about it, but that only added to the realism and ensured that he wasn't a Gary Stu. I liked that there was sometimes tension between him and Hotch, that Morgan questioned decisions (for good and bad reasons) and that Hotch either considered his criticism or told him to shove it, depending on circumstances. And that both men were always mature and professional enough to move on from these conflicts without hard feelings. I liked his friendship with Reid, including the condescension and heavy-handedness on his part, because it showed that he was human and though he usually meant well, sometimes misjudged. I liked that he was about the only one who occasionally told Garcia that she needed to get a grip, and sometimes she even listened to him! (-;

Then there was also a lot of nonsense thrown his way by the writers (I still maintain that "Morgan" in the first half of season six is some sort of pod person...), but I prefer to remember the good times...(-;

• Love 3

They do kind of need to replace him, I think. He's the tackler, the door buster physical guy. Hotch and Rossi are aging out of that, JJ can only do so much, Tara is a desk gal and Spencer is a waif. All just my opinion but his departure leaves a hole. They may try to have Spencer do it but it looks as unbelievable to me as it does with ninja JJ.

You're right and that's the sad thing, they are analyst, they only need the swat team on speed dial...
  • Love 2

I really think bringing in another character would mess up the chemistry. They can have a local LEO of the week kick down doors and tackle unsubs. The current writers don't seem to remember the time Gideon told Reid that "You don't need a gun to kill..." The mind is a powerful weapon. I don't care for the tackling/fighting scenes anyway.

If they do have to do it, they can mention that Reid accepted some more training from Morgan to be able to take people down using techniques that don't require a lot of weight or strength (although Reid is stronger than people think). There are certain holds that involve grabbing pinky fingers and hitting pressure points that could be used.

• Love 4

*Spoilers*

They will make a follow up to "Mr. Scratch" this season!

I read it in Messer's interview. And as much I wanted the aftermath of Hotch's trauma noted in some scene. The sole idea of Messer messing with Hotch sanity to built a cliffhanger a year later just because the episode was popular and not for creative reasons... It's scary... Scary, in the wrong way :( Edited by smoker
  • Love 6

Though to be fair, IMO Messer has a better track record writing for Hotch than she has for anybody else. And that includes JJ, who seems to be her favourite, but which hasn't stopped her from messing around with the character and dragging JJ in ten contradictory directions. So the idea that she's revisiting this now for sensationalism and cliffhangers is iffy, but so far she's shown good understanding of the character and his traits and motivations, so it might not be so bad? And Gibson will perform it well.

• Love 1

What made Mr Scratch so very special was Matthew's direction as well as  TG's wonderful acting. If they revisit it this season with another director it does make me worry. I think I'd rather they let it lie than spoil it with a substandard follow up.

• Love 9

I think too much time has passed for them to follow up on Mr. Scratch-- unless there is some trigger that reminds Hotch of what happened or something. I'd much rather have them reveal once and for all whether or not he was abused as a child, and if so, by whom.

But, that is assuming we even get another season. CBS announced renewals and CM wasn't on the list yet.

• Love 3

renewals are coming after the season is done for this show lately. I'm don't wanna jinx it, but I think they'll get antoher season or a half at least, CSI got two hours to tie the show up. Whatever happens I hope we're not left with a cliffhanger.

• Love 1

well, there are more pictures posted from the season finale shooting. I saw them on criminalmindsroundtable, I don't know how to post them here, sorry.

It seems like some happy event, it remembers me of season 7 finale. Jack and Henry are there too.

the ones that make me gag were Rossi's, the mother of his daughter and him "sitting in a tree" :(

• Love 2

Maybe with the lack of "brawn" on the team, they'll get back to the "brains" - profiling criminals' minds.

That would be the best possible outcome.

And really, considering that the show can't even replace Paget, can you imagine them trying to get someone to fill Shemar's shoes this late in the game? *twitch*

• Love 2
(edited)

The current of CM state needs less door breaking and more mind stimulating.

Here's some information on the unsub for episode 21, "Devil's Backbone".

http://tvline.com/2016/03/31/criminal-minds-frances-fisher-cast-season-11-episode-21-unsub/

Thanks for the link. I really like Frances Fisher so I know she'll do a great job. I hope Erica is being truthful when she talks about the psychological aspects of the case and not just talking out of her ass.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 2