Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Anticipation More Stabs, etc...

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, smoker said:

there is something off in my opinion, maybe is JJ (and her family), she's become so disgusting as a character (for me) I can't enjoy anything where her personal life steals the attention from the main plot. 

She should have let her family and Jack in Hotch's office and go to work with the team later, in my opinion. But no scene for AJ's Children then. And what about Jessica? Isn't anyone calling her to be with Jack?

This season she had 0 - not one!! not even 1 episode centered around her, let alone her family. She had the least amount of screen time out of all characters.

I can't see how she's stealing attention from anyone. 11x22 isn't a JJ centric episode, it's a team episode -unlike last year's season finale.

1 hour ago, bIackbird said:

This season she had 0 - not one!! not even 1 episode centered around her, let alone her family. She had the least amount of screen time out of all characters.

I can't see how she's stealing attention from anyone. 11x22 isn't a JJ centric episode, it's a team episode -unlike last year's season finale.

Who was the blonde girl that got a focus in 11x08 Awake? I thought she's JJ, but she's not?

/s

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, bIackbird said:

I know I am biased about this character, once some character steps on Mary Sue Land, it's done for me, but she only had less time because the actress had a baby, not for creative reasons or because she is been left apart.

AJ/JJ's child is stealing time in that scene, not in the episode, in my opinion. Another time, another place, as we know it will happen by Rossi's house scenes, watching them learning magic tricks from Reid will be great. I just didnt like that part in that scene. Children have seen what happened to Hotch and they arent that young or that stupid. Jack's attitude seems normal to me, Reid and Henry's is more about cuteness.

Moreover, Will is doing the same he did in 200, they could have saved it or play that another way. Again, just my opinion.

Edited by smoker
(edited)
8 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I feel like they've shown quite a bit of the episode in the promos, but it does look good. I'm thinking that Jack is safer at the BAU than with Jessica since they don't really know what is happening, who's behind it, etc. 

Agree, about the episode and about Jessica. I didnt mean Jack staying with her at her place but Jessica coming to the BAU office to confort him because she's like his "mother". 

It's the same in that family party, Prentiss is in another country, but why are not Morgan and his family there? Continuity mistakes... We have to guess he is in another state or he is giving his back to his friends.  I know we havent watched that scene yet and maybe they'll say something about Morgan, that would be a really nice touch.

Edited by smoker
1 hour ago, smoker said:

I know I am biased about this character, once some character steps on Mary Sue Land, it's done for me, but she only had less time because the actress had a baby, not for creative reasons or because she is been left apart.

I pretty much feel the same way.I use to like JJ. I even petition to get her back.Well we did get JJ back,but unfortunately she ended up in the hands of Erica Messer who then proceeded to turn JJ into a Mary Sue and started shoving her down our throats.Of course now if it wasn't for CBS' utter stupidity in firing the girls in the first place, Prentiss would still be with us,JJ would still be the media liaison,which means I would probably still like her,but more importantly Ed Bernero would probably still be CM's show runner. And it's highly unlikely that the quality of the writing would have gone down as much as it has under Erica Messer were he still running things.

And I also agree with you in regards to AJ/JJ's screen time.But AJ/JJ only comes up with less screen time than just about anyone else except Garcia if you are talking about the season as a whole.However if one were to look at the screen time of the individual episodes since her return it is a different story.Because in that case it simply is not true about the character having gotten less screen time than anyone.If anything it is the opposite.

• Love 3

I have a question about season 11.... anyone remember season 11?  lol...

anyway... I remember fleetingly that they took Garcia into protective custody or however they termed it...she had to live at the BAU, basically. I recall a scene where she was writing out a list of stuff she needed from her apartment which someone (probably Anderson, he seems to have GOPHER written on his forehead) went to get.

My question is: what arrangements did they have for Sergio then? Was he at the BAU too? Kenneled? He's not gone, because Prentiss has mentioned him since, so obviously he's still alive. Did I miss something? Did Garcia have Sergio with her when she was holed up at the BAU (not that they ever actually showed him or anything.....)

37 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I have a question about season 11.... anyone remember season 11?  lol...

You Do remember at least one episode from that season !! Need a clue ? 

7 letters, first is "E", last is "Y" .... 

• Love 2

LOL! Senin! Of COURSE I remember (many of them) Entropy... It was earlier in the season though, when the whole Dirty Dozen thing went down and they had to protect Garcia.

and yuo didn't answer my question :P

25 minutes ago, normasm said:

They just had a continuity fart, they forgot him.

maybe he went feral for the duration.....maybe the 'dirty dozen' referred to the contents of Sergio's litter box....maybe the same person who looked after Morgan's conveniently forgotten dog also petsat for Sergio.....

• Love 1

Honestly. I would have been one damn happy camper if the worse thing EM and her bunch had been guilty of was that of failing to give us a follow up on what was happening with a team members' pet. Now having said that I too am curious as to just where Sergio is at the moment. Unfortunately though much like this show's inconsistencies when it come to writing for the human characters the same seems to apply to the animal characters. First we were told Sergio had been living in London with Prentiss and then later we are told that Garcia had actually been taking care of him.

28 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Well I wasn't trying to make a federal case out of it or anything. I was wondering for a fanfic, actually.

Now you've given me a good reason to try and remember... but I really can't think of any moment in which Sergio is mentioned, sorry!!

Editing to add: and BTW, I learned a new word, I didn't know what "gopher" means, thankyou!!

Edited by senin

Season 12, Prentiss comes back for #3, and asks Garcia about Sergio, and she says he has a few grey whiskers that make him look distinguished and shows a photo of herself with said black cat. That meant Sergio lived with Garcia, and even though Prentiss came back permanently, I assume he's still with G.

5 hours ago, senin said:

I didn't know what "gopher" means, thankyou!!

It should be "gofer", as in someone who "goes for" something. A "gopher" is an animal, officially a rodent similar to a rat only that gophers burrow. Gophers are popular as pets, usually kept in the same manner as guinea pigs.

it can be spelled gopher too. I've *always* spelled it that way, going back to the '70s. Remember 'The Love Boat'? The character Gopher. So called because he was the one who fit the urban dictionary definition:

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 10.00.44 PM.png

Since I don't want to get into an argument over "gofer"/"gopher" (especially considering it's wildly off-topic), I'll just leave this:

-http://www.dictionary.com/browse/gofer- the Dictionary.com entry for "gofer" (as in "helper")
-http://www.dictionary.com/browse/gopher- the Dictionary.com entry for "gopher" (as in the animal)
-In my opinion, "gofer" is not good for "formal" English. It's a slang term, and other words like "lackey" or "grunt" convey the same meaning and do it better, so if I had to use "gofer", I'd use those other words instead.