Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, OtterMommy said:

Actually, I would love to see an Arizona episode.  Since before Callie left, it seems like all her plots involve her hooking up with someone (usually someone pretty distasteful.  Minnick, Carina...)  Speaking of which, it sounds like Vernoff is going to treat us to more Carina fun.  Yay?

Don't think for a second that Horny Deluca won't be featured in an Arizona episode. All tptb know how to write for Arizona anymore is her love life. Her daughter is back and we've only gotten one episode of her focusing on motherhood, the 300th episode, and that's it. 

Edited by funnygirl

I definitely thought Jessica was joking. 

Well if you use the focus on motherhood excuse, what’s Meredith’s? She’s allegedly been a single mom of 3 this whole time and that hasn’t been explored since the 300th either. Or Jackson and April’s kid for that matter.

10 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

TVLine reports that Kim Raver is returning for multiple episodes later this season.

Yay!  All the spoiler bits I've heard lately make me want to bang my head against something, but this is finally one I look forward to!

Or she’s coming back as a series regular so we can have another triangle mess with them and Amelia. Just the feeling I got from the article.

I don’t think that the people that left back in the single digit seasons ever thought the show would still be on. LOL.

Other thought is that it has to do with the Bailey centric. Maybe Bailey has to step down as Chief and Teddy has the qualifications for that.

Edited by CED9

I didn't love her as a wrench between Cristina and Owen, but I did overall like her character, and I'd be down with seeing her back. Honestly, although I didn't so much quit this show as forget to watch one week and just never quite made it back, I might be enticed back for Teddy. Just please, let it not be as a corner of any kind of triangle with anyone.

For me, Kim Raver seems to be the female version of Ted McGinley.  I can't watch her and I feel like she kills the shows she's on.  Obviously, that's not actually true (not like it was for Ted McGinley).  But I couldn't watch her on Third Watch and I wasn't happy to see her on GA.  It just felt like any time she even guest starred on a series, it was unbearable to watch her.

I suppose the same way some people feel about Amelia is how I feel about Teddy (Raver).  

As for Carina, I hate to pick on appearances, but she reminds me of Lucille Ball in the episode with the fake nose that she sets on fire.  Of course, I can't find a good picture of it with the actual actress, but here's a picture of a doll of her with just about the right profile -- https://www.snapdeal.com/product/barbie-lucille-ball-la-at/685604993689 

Edited by GalvDuck

I had thought there was hope for an Owen who now could choose not to overwhelm the women he loves with his fearfulness, disguised as protectiveness. Hope for Owen, and one day, perhaps, for Owen and Cristina. But I agree that Teddy's return does look like an extrication mission...

I doubt Kevin McKidd is going anywhere. I could see Kim Raver signing on full time next year. 

I'm in the minority in that I don't mind Carina. I like that she's fun and uncomplicated. It's nice to see both Owen and Arizona smiling again over flings after all the doom and gloom that has followed both of their relationships over the years. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

I'm in the minority in that I don't mind Carina. I like that she's fun and uncomplicated. It's nice to see both Owen and Arizona smiling again over flings after all the doom and gloom that has followed both of their relationships over the years. 

Taking this to the relationships thread....

Justin Bruening is returning as Matthew for an episode this spring. Per EW:

Details on what brings Matthew back into the picture, or when he’ll return, are being kept under wraps other than this tease from Grey’s boss Krista Vernoff: “Matthew Taylor will pay a visit to Grey Sloan and the impact of his return will see April reevaluating some of the decisions she has made in her life.”

Paul’s fiancée totally hit him with the car on Grey’s Anatomy, right? — Karine

I had the same thought, but trust me when I tell you that there are a number of twists and turns along the way. “It goes in a direction that I don’t think the audience will expect,” Camilla Luddington teases. By the way, she was thinking of one particular twist while saying this, and I was thinking of an entirely different one altogether. So get ready for a roller coaster of an episode.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/25/spoiler-room-flash-once-upon-time-brooklyn/

I swear to god if they have Jo hit him with the car after finally giving her decent writing...

I wonder if it was Glasses as a total accident. His glasses fell off, he ran him over, and being Glasses, he never noticed.  

On 1/19/2018 at 2:38 PM, GalvDuck said:

Abusers can be self-destructive at times also.  Maybe the staff is assuming it was Jo or Alex (or even the fiancee) and the writers are trying to lead us to pick one of those as a possibility.  But we may find out when a witness comes forward that it was Paul himself who jumped into the path of a vehicle while in view of Jo or the fiancee so she would feel guilt about his injuries.  Maybe none of them was the driver or at fault. 

Well, I didn't quite get it right, but I figured it wouldn't be one of them.

Some casting news: 

The ABC medical drama has enlisted actress Candis Cayne (Transparent) for a multiple-episode arc in season 14. The 'Transparent' and 'I Am Cait' alum will play a patient in a multiple-episode run. Cayne will play a transgender patient who comes to Grey Sloan for what is being described as a "groundbreaking" vaginoplasty surgery. The character is inspired by a story that the writers on Grey's Anatomy read about Hayley Anthony, a trans woman who helped Jess Ting, the director of surgery at the Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery at Mount Sinai, create a groundbreaking new procedure for vaginoplasty surgeries.

Edited by BaseOps

14x13 - You Really Got a Hold On Me

Seattle firefighters Ben Warren and Andy Herrera head to Grey Sloan after rescuing two boys that are injured in a house fire. With one of the boys’ lives literally in Andy’s hands, her skills are put to the test. Meanwhile, the doctors are hard at work on their projects for the Grey Sloan Surgical Innovation Contest; and Amelia brings Tom Koracick in to consult on her and Alex’s patient.

14x14 - Games People Play
Maggie's relationship with Clive starts to progress; she invites him over for a game night to meet Meredith and Amelia; Meredith and Jo meet with the owner of the patent to the polymer they need for their project, who is a friend of the family.

• Love 1

I hate the lead of Station 19 already. Typical Mary Sue. The trailer put me off her even further. If the trailer is anything to go by I'm not sure I see Ben being away from Grey Sloan for all that long. It's. The storylines presented just aren't that interesting.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Meanwhile, the doctors are hard at work on their projects for the Grey Sloan Surgical Innovation Contest; and Amelia brings Tom Koracick in to consult on her and Alex’s patient.

I didn't realize the contest was called Grey Sloan SIC. Maybe a naming contest for the contest is in order.

Maggie's relationship with Clive starts to progress; she invites him over for a game night to meet Meredith and Amelia

Because every new boyfriend wants to watch his girlfriend and her roommates fiercely compete to win a game, not his attention.

Meredith and Jo meet with the owner of the patent to the polymer they need for their project, who is a friend of the family.

What family. Meredith and Jo had none. 

18 minutes ago, Pallas said:

Because every new boyfriend wants to watch his girlfriend and her roommates fiercely compete to win a game, not his attention.

Also - given the writers desperate attempts at trying to tell us her and Jackson are made for each other this entire storyline feels like an absolute waste of time.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Also - given the writers desperate attempts at trying to tell us her and Jackson are made for each other this entire storyline feels like an absolute waste of time.

Clive.

1 hour ago, Pallas said:

What family. Meredith and Jo had none. 

I read something earlier in the season that they were going to introduce a new, hot doctor, foreign love interest for Meredith, who, like Meredith, also had an overachieving doctor mother.  So maybe this person's mother was an old friend/contemporary of Ellis Grey?

ETA:  it was posted about on Nov. 3 in this thread.  And it was his father who was overachieving like Ellis.

If it's Jo, then maybe its someone she knew via her husband before she went into hiding.

if they decided to swerve, then maybe somebody Amelia and/or Derek knew.

Edited by Scatterbrained
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BaseOps said:

14x14 - Games People Play
Maggie's relationship with Clive starts to progress; she invites him over for a game night to meet Meredith and Amelia; Meredith and Jo meet with the owner of the patent to the polymer they need for their project, who is a friend of the family.

I'm just glad Clive didn't give up on Maggie after she dashed from their date.  I mean, a sane person probably should have--but I'm glad he didn't.  Why is Clive my favorite character on this show right now?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Why is Clive my favorite character on this show right now?

He does seem lovely -- and I have nothing against the name Clive. It just seems as if it's meant to seem a little precious. Or not what you'd name a shark. Which would be great -- new blood! -- if I thought the show's love-lives would ever evolve beyond Bred in Captivity: Teaching Hospital Big Brother.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

I'm just glad Clive didn't give up on Maggie after she dashed from their date.  I mean, a sane person probably should have--but I'm glad he didn't.  Why is Clive my favorite character on this show right now?

Until she starts dishing out the brother complex. Run Clive, run as far as you can!

(Or at least, set your eyes on Amelia)

• Love 2

It feels like every time they introduce a new crop of interns, they look to see which spaghetti sticks to the wall. I'd be happy to let the Dr. Dance strand drop.

16 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Meredith and Jo meet with the owner of the patent to the polymer they need for their project, who is a friend of the family.

I really hope it's not a friend of Meredith's family. It's going to be bad enough that the polymer that was too expensive for Owen to use for his project and it didn't even occur to Meredith to obtain, she's going to get for cheap because she's so special.

• Love 2

At least it says friend of the family, and not Meredith's actual family. I think we are burned out on surprise Grey family members.

I wonder if that dangling participle in that sentence is out of place. Is the owner of the polymer patent a friend of the "Grey-Sloan family", or someone specific to Meredith or Jo? Or the owner of the patent is a friend of the family or the individual who created the polymer?

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It feels like every time they introduce a new crop of interns, they look to see which spaghetti sticks to the wall. I'd be happy to let the Dr. Dance strand drop.

I really hope it's not a friend of Meredith's family. It's going to be bad enough that the polymer that was too expensive for Owen to use for his project and it didn't even occur to Meredith to obtain, she's going to get for cheap because she's so special.

I wouldn't be surprised if it just so happened to be a friend of Meredith or her family. Because Meredith is so special, she always gets her way.

Edited by kinnej5
  • Love 4

I think it’s going to be a friend of Jo’s dead husband’s family. Based on nothing except this show’s penchant for melodrama.

If that's the case, then I wouldn't mind if it were someone like her biological cousin, aunt, uncle, etc. If I remember correctly, Jo's mother abandoned her at a fire station after she was born. That is all we know about where Jo came from. We know she grew up in Boston(?) but is that where she was born?

On 23/02/2018 at 6:52 PM, Scatterbrained said:

I've heard Kim Raver is making another appearance.  People are speculating that Owen will ride off into the sunset with her.  I wonder if he will re-enlist.

It's been confirmed for a while that she's returing.