Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Amelia has important news just as Owen is watching a baby -  Oh no, please not another pregnancy storyline 

I was just thinking this. I thought I read somewhere that her pregnancy wasn't going to be written in, but who knows. Regardless, Owen watching Harriet likely means that Owen's longing for fatherhood will likely come into play again. 

• Love 1

on Alex's redemption and possible the secret husband.  That's my guess anyway

I feel like his "redemption" storyline has already started at least the writers are attempting to make him look as sympathetic as possible. All that's missing from his scenes is a grey rain cloud over his head and violin playing in the background.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Amelia has important news just as Owen is watching a baby -  Oh no, please not another pregnancy storyline 

Hopefully it will just be something that will give CS time off for maternity leave.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

Hopefully it will just be something that will give CS time off for maternity leave.

I don't know when she's do but that would be much better!  Maybe she needs to go to NY to help her family or something.

With regards to Jo, I think that she is going to decide on her own that she shouldn't have to hide from this abusive ex and will file for divorce in the first half of this season. I think that Alex will find out about her past at the mid season point. The storyline with the lady with the brain tumor may have provided a little foreshadowing of this. 

I hope that Jo tells Stephanie about her secret. She needs to have someone there for her, someone whose reaction to Jo keeping this big secret will be less about their own feelings. When Alex finds out about Jo's past, he will feel understandably betrayed and hurt, but Stepanie, as Jo's friend, will probably be understanding of Jo and supportive of her. Jo needs that.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Joana said:

Something just occurred to me - DeLuca might have sidelined so abruptly last season precisely because they came up with this storyline and they probably didn't want him to become too established a character or a fan favourite as it would make his rehabilitation in the eyes of the viewers more difficult. I guess that's also why we're not seeing his POV almost at all even now when he's clearly the wronged party in this mess. 

It all makes me think this storyline would be resolved by the winter finale at the latest and no one would even mention in the second half of the season. 

Which New Amelia Owen probably? Pregnant it can not be so, that they have indeed excluded. And honestly would me also go too fast when Amelia is pregnant at once. She says it maybe that they can no longer have children or say it to him with Nathan and Meredith, which are both together? All this is the general expectation. I guess that's with Nathan and Meredith.

Owen wants a child, he likes Harriet. Aver what confuses me, that he and Nathan understand so well. Presumably Owen does not know what Nathan and Meredith had in common. And Nathan surely thinks about becoming a father. Not that he goes to Meredith and says he wants a baby. ;-)

From EW: 

Will Alex go back to being a surgeon again on Grey’s Anatomy? — Camilla L News
That’s TBD. In the meantime, “There might be a little bit of a friendship between Riggs and possibly Alex Karev, which further complicates the Maggie thing,” Martin Henderson tells me. “I did hear a hint that maybe a bit of a bromance starts, a mutual respect, and they don’t hold anything against one another, and so I think that may be in the cards too.”

Calling it now: Jo is going to propose to Alex at the end of the season. Since he's already proposed twice and she's the one hung up on not being able to get married, I can see this happening. 

How Alex and Nathan randomly being friends complicates the Maggie situation is probably because Alex knows that Meredith and Nathan hooked up and he also will know that Maggie likes Nathan, and 'round and 'round this stupid triangle goes. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 2

13x06 - Roar - Grey Sloan sees the return of a familiar face; Catherine puts on the pressure, forcing Bailey to make a decision about Alex; Amelia faces a tough case at the ER.

So... who's the familiar face? 

Edited by BaseOps

I think if it was anyone big (Izzie, Cristina, Addison) we'd probably know by now or it would mention them outright in the synopsis (though maybe it will follow with the full official press release this week). Addison is certainly more likely than Izzie or Cristina. It could be anyone as minor as Joe the bartender (what ever happened to him?) or an old patient, like when they brought back Katie Bryce. Maybe Jeffrey Dean Morgan had a break from The Walking Dead and Dead Denny will be haunting the halls for a Halloween episode. 

I kinda hope it's not Addison. I used to like her a lot, but it would feel somewhat pointless to bring her back now for whatever reason after she hasn't showed up when it would have really made sense, like Derek's funeral or Amelia's wedding. 

Maybe it will be the psychiatrist for Alex.  Though I would love to see Sydney Heron return to the show.  She was always one of my favorites!  Let her mentor Jo and let some of her sunshine wipe the frown from Jo's face!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

Maybe it will be the psychiatrist for Alex.  Though I would love to see Sydney Heron return to the show.  She was always one of my favorites!  Let her mentor Jo and let some of her sunshine wipe the frown from Jo's face!

I loved Sydney Heron, she was one of my favorite guest star/recurring characters. Bailey and Callie's and really everyone's reaction to her was always so funny. 

Or maybe it's Syph Nurse Olivia? Pardon me, the first few episodes of season 2 were playing on Lifetime late last night. 

Edited by funnygirl

It could be someone like Leah Murphy. She could be an interesting character to throw back in for a small arc - didn't she sleep with both Alex and Arizona? Plus she had friendships with Jo and Steph. Or maybe Lucy, the blonde that dated Alex and then took the position working with kids in Africa. It could be Lauren, the doctor that Arizona slept with at the end of season 9. It would be pretty wild if she ended up being Arizona's love interest. They could also reintroduce Meredith's other sister, Molly. 

Bringing back an old minor character as a patient and killing them off after a few episodes could be a good story. Preferably not someone too linked to Meredith; I think Leah could be a good candidate. 

No idea who this familiar face is going to be but I'm excited for it!  Better not be someone lame.  I'm not expected a major character like Izzie, Addison or Christina but I hope its someone good.  I'm thinking its someone related to Amelia, perhaps her mother or a sister?  The next few episodes seem Amelia heavy.

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1
On 7. 10. 2016 at 9:30 PM, funnygirl said:

Calling it now: Jo is going to propose to Alex at the end of the season. Since he's already proposed twice and she's the one hung up on not being able to get married, I can see this happening. 

How Alex and Nathan randomly being friends complicates the Maggie situation is probably because Alex knows that Meredith and Nathan hooked up and he also will know that Maggie likes Nathan, and 'round and 'round this stupid triangle goes. 

So Nathan suggests hanging out (promo 1304) and Meredith takes him home to hang out with her and Alex??? 

And of course Maggie comes home and finds them all in the living room. 

What is the sole purpose of this triangle mess???

Can Alex actually be the one who behaves normally and tellls Maggie the truth?

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1

Jo hasn't had any major health issues or needed surgery like pretty much everyone else in the cast, so I'm predicting that the ex shows up, something happens to Jo, and they all rally around her during her surgery.  

1 minute ago, windsprints said:

Leah is the return according to TVLine

oh good lord.  That is someone I have no desire to see return and with Arizona...ugh.  This article is sort of misleading though because they are just guessing she is going to be Arizona's love interest, right?  Also, wasn't she fired from the residency program....how are they going to explain her returning as a surgeon, which I would assume she is if its a multi-episode arc.  

• Love 2

Also, wasn't she fired from the residency program....how are they going to explain her returning as a surgeon, which I would assume she is if its a multi-episode arc.

I don't recall if she was fired or quit but I do remember Richard telling her she wasn't surgeon material.  Now that the clinic is being shown again I guess they could have her there or she could return as a resident in an entirely different department.  

Personally, I was hoping the familiar face was a one episode appearance.

Damn, I had a good guess! She could come in as a patient? I wonder if she really will get back with Arizona, or maybe they'll just have a quick hook-up. I wasn't a huge fan of hers at first, but the actress is good and I can see some interesting conflict coming from this. I wonder how she'll react to everything that has gone on with Jo and Steph since she left.

I absolutely loved Leah in season ten so I am excited to see her return. Her storyline with Arizona was equal parts hilarious and heart-breaking to me. Leah was so invested in that relationship and it was pretty stressful to see Az's lack of interest in her, but Leah went so overboard that I had to laugh even when I was feeling sorry for her. I liked the low-key way she was written out of the show too and she worked well with Stephanie so I hope they have a scene or two together.

• Love 2

Ugh of all the resident Leah was my least favourite. She was just so clingy yet quite mean at the same time. I also hated the psycho way she behaved after the Arizona fling. I'm very disappointed if she's the love interest for Arizona.

A one episode stint would have been perfect but as usual instead of writing for Jo, Stephanie and DeLuca they've decided to bring in another albeit not totally new character but one who I imagine will get the screen time and development that should be going to them..

As said above I'd love to see Boswell back. They had chemistry to burn.

• Love 1

I found Leah mildly entertaining (in a trainwreck-ish sort of way) when she was acting all cray-cray. I could get on board with a story arc spanning over a few episodes if they could keep that, but I'm not sure how that would fit in with her being Arizona's love interest and I'd rather they didn't go there. And if she's become a well put-together model professional in the meantime, I don't think I'm particularly interested in that. 

It just seems really fillery. Like they could use the next few episodes to develop Meredith/Nathan, Jos background, Alex in the clinic but instead we're getting a storyline with Leah and Omelia crap. Meanwhile the storylines and characters I actually like will as usual be put in the back burner and dragged out for as long as possible.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

It just seems really fillery. Like they could use the next few episodes to develop Meredith/Nathan, Jos background, Alex in the clinic but instead we're getting a storyline with Leah and Omelia crap. Meanwhile the storylines and characters I actually like will as usual be put in the back burner and dragged out for as long as possible.

I'm excited for Leah to come back. Out of all the interns in that group, she was the only one who brought a vibe no one else did. She's unpredictable in a way this show kind of needs. Plus she was funny and I enjoyed Leah/Stephanie a 1000x more than Jo/Stephanie. 

But I agree. We have so much to story right now that to divert just seems frustrating. But it's a long 24(?) ep season so there's room for filler, lol. 

3 hours ago, Chas411 said:

We can't really call it filler until we know what it is, though, can we? I mean it could literally be anything. If it's a story with Arizina it could actually be quite interesting. I've certainly been veeeery vocal about feeling like the cast is bloated and that I have no interest in quite a few characters (Amelia and Owen among them). Still, they've done a good job so far this year of giving a lot of focus to some characters who have been under-served (Alex). I don't think Leah showing up will take at all away from Meredith / Nathan or Alex working in the clinic. At least, for now, I'm open to see why they'd bring her back. I quite like that the universe is open for old characters to come in and out.

I'm kind of excited for the return of Leah Murphy. I suspect that this has more to do with Shonda Rhimes' fondness for Tessa Ferrer than for Leah Murphy. The great thing is that given the circumstances under which Leah left, she can return with a whole new personality and easily explain it away. When she walked away from GSMH she had just been kicked out of the surgical residency program and had her heart stomped on by Arizona. It certainly stands to reason that she could have done some major soul-searching in the last few years and we'll see a whole new Leah Murphy walk through the door, giving Shonda and Co. an opportunity to recycle a likable actor in the same role but with a better personality. How often does a show-runner get that chance?

I assume she's here to play Arizona's love interest; if not, we're looking at some major cast bloat since that character still needs to be introduced. I would have preferred the return of Hilarie Burton, but this will do in a pinch.

• Love 2