Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

It's the scene that I believe fans will be talking - and speculating - about after the finale, for sure. 

Spoiler

I can't even begin to guess as to what she might say, lol.

Not long to go now! 

17 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

It's the scene that I believe fans will be talking - and speculating - about after the finale, for sure. 

I'm back at we're all speculating "is Callie going to stay or go" after this episode ? 

(edited)

It will be... Megan Riggs. With a new identity. And a new face, as she got badly burnt/injured in the crash. No one will recognize her at first. She has amnesia, but will remember everything once she sees Nathan and Owen.

Joana, do you think this will happen in season 13 premiere? With Callie gone, this is the PERFECT opportunity to introduce Megan in disguise, being a different woman, with amnesia, and also nobody would recognise her either - neither Owen nor Nathan.

So both Megan and Nathan would fall in love again.

I personally do not feel Nathan with Meredith, especially after seeing the finale - I do not feel them, their chemistry, neither him and Maggie.  It is just flirting, sex, word games, nothing deep there, box of bacon, 4 times in a car.

I think Megan will return and this is the right woman for Nathan. Meredith can have Thorpe and I think it was you who said Maggie will start to like ladies - Arizona.

Full score.

I just wanted to say you really made my day. Thanks.

This must happen to give me  a reason to watch Nathan´s story in S13. I only hope they will choose the right actress.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
2 hours ago, NathanRiggsfan said:

Joana, do you think this will happen in season 13 premiere? With Callie gone, this is the PERFECT opportunity to introduce Megan in disguise, being a different woman, with amnesia, and also nobody would recognise her either - neither Owen nor Nathan.

So both Megan and Nathan would fall in love again.

I personally do not feel Nathan with Meredith, especially after seeing the finale - I do not feel them, their chemistry, neither him and Maggie.  It is just flirting, sex, word games, nothing deep there, box of bacon, 4 times in a car.

I think Megan will return and this is the right woman for Nathan. Meredith can have Thorpe and I think it was you who said Maggie will start to like ladies - Arizona.

Full score.

I just wanted to say you really made my day. Thanks.

This must happen to give me  a reason to watch Nathan´s story in S13. I only hope they will choose the right actress.

Dude, come on, they are going with Mer and Riggs. They most probably will bring Megan into the fold - which personally I think they should avoid because it is just dumb and we do not need any more characters - but even if they do, Mer is the shows main character so if she wants Riggs she will get Riggs - and its kinda weird to be shipping Riggs and Megan when we haven't actually seen Megan!!

I think that Meredith will step aside and try to get Riggs and Maggie together, with disastrous consequences and in the end, very slowly, she will fall for Riggs and vice-versa.

So what are the chances that DeLuca presses charges?  He really should.  I hope that Alex doesn't get off scott-free for the beatdown like usually happens on the show.  

5 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

I think that Meredith will step aside and try to get Riggs and Maggie together, with disastrous consequences and in the end, very slowly, she will fall for Riggs and vice-versa.

So what are the chances that DeLuca presses charges?  He really should.  I hope that Alex doesn't get off scott-free for the beatdown like usually happens on the show.  

From what I know watching this show, DeLuca will not press charges, but as much as I like Alex he should have some sort of repercussion for what he did. I've always hated the way they portray the beatings with Jo, who apparently has beat 3 dudes, that is not okay, is not cool for guys to beat girls and its not cool for girls to beat guys.   

• Love 1

If they would have ever put Jo's beatings in context, I think it would have come off as self-defense given her circumstances in foster care, the hints of sexual abuse, etc. (And that is how I always saw things with the boyfriend in season 9).  But they played them for laughs, and just make her look psycho.  I don't know why I have any confidence in these writers, but I'm hoping that next season, they are able to put at least some of this stuff in context.  Shonda claims to be all about empowering women and tackling big, serious subjects, and she definitely has the opportunity to that here, so we'll see.

Is it bad that I hope that Alex has to go to jail?  Or maybe he will just get sued for enough to help DeLuca with his school bills!

The Chest Peckwell thing has always infuriated me because I thought it was left purposely ambiguous for no other reason than to create discussion.  IIRC, it was a he said/she said situation with enough wiggle left to create enough doubt as to whether you believe Jo was telling the truth or not.  Sympathy is always going to be with the woman so people would automatically conclude that Jo was telling the truth.  But what If the guy was telling the truth? He was adamant enough to want press charges.  Then what Alex did after the fact was despicable just as Derek made clear. 

And while I do like Alex, what he did to DeLuca was horrible.  I hope the show doesn't make it go away after a lame apology or something.  Alex needs to get some sort of comeuppance.

• Love 2
(edited)
30 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

The Chest Peckwell thing has always infuriated me because I thought it was left purposely ambiguous for no other reason than to create discussion.  IIRC, it was a he said/she said situation with enough wiggle left to create enough doubt as to whether you believe Jo was telling the truth or not.  Sympathy is always going to be with the woman so people would automatically conclude that Jo was telling the truth.  But what If the guy was telling the truth? He was adamant enough to want press charges.  Then what Alex did after the fact was despicable just as Derek made clear. 

And while I do like Alex, what he did to DeLuca was horrible.  I hope the show doesn't make it go away after a lame apology or something.  Alex needs to get some sort of comeuppance.

I think that the guy was telling the truth.  He grabbed Jo and she freaked out on him, they both got physical and he fell and hit his head.  But if they had really explored why she freaked out on him in a consistent manner, it certainly doesn't paint her in the best light, but it makes her behavior a little more understandable, at least to me.  But instead they drop a hint here and there, but mostly used it as a joke, which just makes her seem like a violent psycho who just puts guys in the hospital on the regular for no reason.

Personally, I liked what Alex did there.  I don't think it was the right thing to do, but it definitely was in character for him, and anything that caused Derek to frown in self-righteous pearl-clutching is all the better for me.   

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, GreysFan89 said:

Maggie and Arizona....I hope that was a joke. They will probably pair Arizona with someone with Awesome chemistry although I didn't like the pairing of Az and the intern Leah but all of AZ hook ups appeared to connect, remember the fire fighter, the hot nurse she shared a long extended hug with and let's not forget Lauren. If the pairing has awful chemistry like Callie and Penny then it's  likely that Callie will return.

The return of Sara Ramirez will definitely not depend on Arizona's relationship with other characters. 

I fully expect Arizona to get a new love interest next season, but I wouldn't hold my breath for something spectacular. Chemistry is something that's either there or it isn't, and at this point I really, really doubt they'd bother casting a bunch of women until they find the right match for her. They'll probably pair her off with whoever is available. Maggie was obviously a joke (although it would be kinda hilarious), but I wouldn't be surprised if they chose someone from the current cast. There's a hot intern/resident who appeared in a few scenes, maybe it will be her. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, GreysFan89 said:

Dude, come on, they are going with Mer and Riggs. They most probably will bring Megan into the fold - which personally I think they should avoid because it is just dumb and we do not need any more characters - but even if they do, Mer is the shows main character so if she wants Riggs she will get Riggs - and its kinda weird to be shipping Riggs and Megan when we haven't actually seen Megan!!

Yes, I am aware this will happen, but I am struggling with how it is written  - all this stupid hook-up in the car and now this stupid love triangle will unfold and  Nathan with Meredith/Maggie both of whom I do not like that much as characters.

I remember when Addison came in how much she became gradually beloved by the audience, at first nobody liked her but then she got a strong fanbase and I myself wanted her back with Derek not with Meredith. I think the same might happen in case Megan is brought on the scene provided they choose one hell of an actress,charismatic just like Kate Walsh and provided it  is written well. 

The door is open for a new Ortho attending which might have been Megan´s specialty.

I am just speculating, but I would like to see Riggs get a chance to apologise to Megan for cheating on her. And I would like to see this woman who survived the hell and put her life back from ashes. I just don´t think from what we have heard from either Nathan or Owen that Megan is another Barbie girl whiny Teddy with make-up and fake eyelashes in the war zone hospital. 

Plus we all know Megan is coming...   

I dare to hope Maggie and Meredith will play/fight/argue who will get Riggs and then Megan will appear and he will be hers. But the question remains whether she would want him back at all. Anything can happen. 

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
21 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

Is it bad that I hope that Alex has to go to jail?  Or maybe he will just get sued for enough to help DeLuca with his school bills!

No! that's not bad at all, tbh I don't actually see anything happening with Alex, I think we'll come back and it'll suppose to be Alex was being passionate and protective or some bollocks, but it'll piss me off, cause whether or not he thought Jo was sleeping with DeLuca, his reaction was wrong, because that would have been Jo betraying him, and who he should have been angry at not DeLuca.

What is even weirder is that in this ep he made a point of saying how much he had grew up, REALLY, Alex??

Perhaps he thought she was drunk and DeLuca was taking advantage of her? That would at least partly explain the rage. If not, Jo had better run for life or she would not like what was coming, the way he acted. 

The worst they could do is retcon it, with DeLuca only having a bruise or two and the whole thing quickly forgotten. 

(edited)

And while I do like Alex, what he did to DeLuca was horrible.  I hope the show doesn't make it go away after a lame apology or something.  Alex needs to get some sort of comeuppance.

I agree. I don't want it swept under the rug and never spoken of again. I also don't want Alex to go to jail or have whatever comeuppance he gets to be disproportionate to how other characters have been treated for all their wrongs (and there are many) over the years. I'd be all for Alex being sent to anger management or counseling. It would be about him and him reflecting on his past and how its shaped him. He'd hate being forced to go before he could return to work; it would be punishment for him.

UO: I hope Megan never appears. Meredith already had the wife pop up way back in season 1. A thought-dead wife would be different and at least she knows about Megan's existence but its similar enough in tone to feel like a retread. IMO, if the show wants to build Meredith/Riggs as a true couple they need to have unique experiences and nothing that feels like they are taking parts from the MerDer story and changing it around. I'd also be fine with Riggs being a transition guy for Meredith. The widow/widower could help each other than move onto to a relationship. There's a lot of possibilities and I don't think Megan is really needed. Of course she'll probably show up engaged to Jo's abusive ex who has found her seeking a divorce to marry Megan.

I feel like you have to like her a little to watch the show

I have watched the show from the first minute it aired and I haven't liked Meredith since season 3. Its entirely possible to watch in spite of Meredith and not for her. There are plenty of characters.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2

I agree. I don't want it swept under the rug and never spoken of again. I also don't want Alex to go to jail or have whatever comeuppance he gets to be disproportionate to how other characters have been treated for all their wrongs (and there are many) over the years. I'd be all for Alex being sent to anger management or counseling. It would be about him and him reflecting on his past and how its shaped him. He'd hate being forced to go before he could return to work; it would be punishment for him.

Anger Management counseling is probably a better option than jail, and lord knows he could use some therapy, as they all could.  But I also hope that DeLuca has some agency in this, and doesn't just forgive and forget so easily because Alex is his superior or whatever other reason.  I do think that the whole scenario was to prove Jo's point about why she didn't want to tell Alex her secret, but enough with all of these doctors punching people out constantly with absolutely no consequences.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Deanie87 said:

Anger Management counseling is probably a better option than jail, and lord knows he could use some therapy, as they all could.  But I also hope that DeLuca has some agency in this, and doesn't just forgive and forget so easily because Alex is his superior or whatever other reason.  I do think that the whole scenario was to prove Jo's point about why she didn't want to tell Alex her secret, but enough with all of these doctors punching people out constantly with absolutely no consequences.

It's so ridiculous. As horrible as Alex's beatdown of DeLuca was, I'd be even more likely to root for him if he faced consequences. I'm not sure about jail though he probably deserves it and it could be interesting to see him pull himself up from that on a well-written show. I don't think my tv would survive when Owen inevitably rages at Riggs again.

(edited)

Is there anyone who watches Shonda´s other shows - Scandal and HTGAWM?

I am asking if you have watched the recent season whether there are any tips on some actresses  who were guest stars maybe this previous season or last and who might potentially resemble KMK so this actress could play Megan Hunt? Especialla those who appeared for more than one episode.

Rhimes reuses many actors from her previous shows as we all know.

Thanks.

This is how Samantha Sloyan came but also Kelly who plays Maggie.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

Shonda and the gang should steal wholesale from Serial Season 2 and have Megan Hunt be in the hands of the Taliban as a prisoner. She could have been moved around and forced to doctor in mountain villages. And did Riggs refer to her as his fiancée in the finale, and not as his wife? 

4 hours ago, Pinecone said:

And did Riggs refer to her as his fiancée in the finale, and not as his wife? 

I think so, he said Owen was going to be the best man at their wedding so I assumed the wedding never happened. I can't recall if Nathan or Owen ever said she was his wife at any time throughout the year.

(edited)
21 hours ago, kariyaki said:

@NathanRiggsfan, Sarah Burns from How to Get Away with Murder would fit the bill. Red hair, the right age… 

I just threw the question out there, thinking nobody would reply.

Thanks for the tip. I have never heard of her. She is filming a new series though, Big Little Lies, it seems she is unavailable as she is in regular cast :(  She is referred to as a successful/promising comedic actress.

9 hours ago, Pinecone said:

Shonda and the gang should steal wholesale from Serial Season 2 and have Megan Hunt be in the hands of the Taliban as a prisoner. She could have been moved around and forced to doctor in mountain villages. And did Riggs refer to her as his fiancée in the finale, and not as his wife? 

I also think they were sort of engaged at least and the wedding did not happen. He cheated and she vanished.

I am convinced Shonda might kill two birds with one stone. Introduce new Ortho attending and Megan.  Ortho attending was a female  I think it will be a female again (or maybe not), but she replaced Cristina with Maggie, another female, too

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
(edited)

I actually appreciated the tags right before the finale.  This thread is for both speculation and spoilers; and sometimes what I really want is just speculation or vague spoilers of things to come down the road.  And even though I do generally cave eventually after swearing off spoilers and come here to see if there are any, I liked the option of not blowing the finale the day before it aired. I liked the 'failsafe' option, if you will,  those posters gave us (especially in this season of there being so few spoilers at all and me thinking it would be more speculation than spoilers just prior to the finale) to check ourselves as to whether we really wanted to spoil ourselves before clicking through another link again or just hold out one more day. 

Please note that I do know that there is no rhyme or reason to my thinking here at all:)

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

Thankyou for pointing that out! I am not actually used to both spoiler and speculation being combined, so I totally see how this format respects that. It makes sense now. 

1 hour ago, Chewy101 said:

Thankyou for pointing that out! I am not actually used to both spoiler and speculation being combined, so I totally see how this format respects that. It makes sense now. 

I think usually spoilers would not be tagged in this thread, it was just a slightly unusual situation being the season finale, aka the time that shit goes down, and BaseOps had the screener. So there was both more to spoil and higher stakes than usual. 

• Love 3

Exactly. I don't expect spoilers to be hidden here, however, it was thoughtful of those that had seen the finale the day before to leave us a final choice.  Ultimately, I've gone through and clicked them all and thought they really did a nice job of hinting, not spelling out the whole episode scene by scene.  There are spoilers and then there are SPOILERS a day before the show airs!

• Love 1

As @pennben pointed out, we didn't get a whole lot of spoilers this season, so I didn't want anyone coming in here to speculate the day before the finale and being surprised by reading anything that they didn't want to (even though it IS the spoiler thread.) I figured since the spoilers were coming from me rather than an actual media source or the cast, it was best to just exercise an extra bit of caution. I've worked with the media for a few years and Grey's screeners are VERY rare - this is the first I've gotten in 4 years, and ABC gives out basically every episode of nearly every other show. I tried my best to tease without giving anything away. I especially didn't want the Callie spoiler leaking out to Twitter. 

• Love 3

Was Sarah Burns that irritating ADA on How to Get Away with Murder? Speaking for myself, no thank you -- I personally hope she ends up on Shonda's "don't hire again" list. She did nothing for me.

I still say we don't see her until the fall finale, but I do anticipate the "search for the next ortho doc" kicking into high gear. It could be Megan, or maybe a nice man for Maggie (please!)

She looks nothing like Owen, but I enjoyed Mia Maestro as Jake's French wife, Elise, on Scandal. She could also be more of an Addison type, where Meredith feels like she pales in comparison. And she'd look nice with Riggs!

• Love 1
(edited)

I sort of hope and wish they will choose to go for Nathan/Maggie instead of Meredith.

I do feel like they bonded and formed a nice friendship. I rewatched  the episode when Nathan came and the chemistry he had with Maggie is awesome. I do not see it with Meredith.

It would be something different  to see a couple getting together after getting to know each other, maybe courting each other, dating, not just sleeping with each other and jumping at each other.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
4 hours ago, NathanRiggsfan said:

I sort of hope and wish they will choose to go for Nathan/Maggie instead of Meredith.

I do feel like they bonded and formed a nice friendship. I rewatched  the episode when Nathan came and the chemistry he had with Maggie is awesome. I do not see it with Meredith.

It would be something different  to see a couple getting together after getting to know each other, maybe courting each other, dating, not just sleeping with each other and jumping at each other.

I would actually be okay with Maggie/Riggs.  I really warmed to him and while I like his attitude toward Meredith, I would rather he get something to do other than just being Meredith's itch scratcher.  I know that Ellen and Shonda have to "appease" the fans (although I would also love it if they could get over that), all of their talk about how Nathan will never be Derek and how a person only gets one great love kind of sours me on rooting for them to get together.  If they feel that they have to continue to downplay every single guy that Meredith could have romantic feelings for, then why bother trying to give her a romantic storyline at all?

• Love 2
(edited)

Ellen Pompeo: Nathan is not another McDreamy

Also from TVLine: 

If Owen and Amelia's relationship continues to follow the "First comes love, then comes marriage" pattern in Season 13, next up should be a baby in a baby carriage. "I think she wants children," says Caterina Scorsone, who plays the newly minted Mrs. Hunt. "She remembers her pre-tragedy childhood with Derek and their sisters fondly, and I think she would want to recreate that kind of boisterousness in the house. That's one of the reasons she wanted to move in with Meredith and Maggie — she likes a boisterous household!" The question is, having lost her baby on Private Practice, will Amelia be able to face her fears of trying again? That, Scorsone says, "I don't know. And I'm sure Owen's got his share of trauma that will make things difficult, too. But I think the intention is that they want to have children."

I hope we don't rush into an Owen / Amelia baby storyline. I know they both want it, but we just had back-to-back seasons with April pregnancies, we've had Meredith pregnant multiple times... maybe hold off on the baby and just explore their relationship for a while. The past two seasons have been so back and forth with them, and the wedding already seemed rushed. A baby can be their happy ending in S15 (or whenever the show ends.) 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2
(edited)

I would actually be okay with Maggie/Riggs.  I really warmed to him and while I like his attitude toward Meredith, I would rather he get something to do other than just being Meredith's itch scratcher.  I know that Ellen and Shonda have to "appease" the fans (although I would also love it if they could get over that), all of their talk about how Nathan will never be Derek and how a person only gets one great love kind of sours me on rooting for them to get together.  If they feel that they have to continue to downplay every single guy that Meredith could have romantic feelings for, then why bother trying to give her a romantic storyline at all?

I like Riggs so far also. I'm not sure if I would like him with Maggie mainly because she comes across like an 8 year old emotionally for me. I think she'd be a better match for a George-like personality than someone like Riggs. I'd rather he be with someone other than either Maggie or Meredith but I know that won't ever happen. He's been earmarked for Meredith from day 1 and it was only a matter of time until it happened. Throwing in some sister drama just gives them more to write for Meredith and the sisters; Maggie doesn't stand a chance.

I honestly wish they wouldn't appease fans too. The angry MerDer fans aren't watching (at least that is what they state) so why? Personally I find the 'you only get 1 shot at great love' an awful message and insulting to all the "not the great" loves of people who have lost partners. From a tv show/story perspective it removes the rooting value and investment (even if I liked Meredith). Nathan will always be the "not as good as" guy so why would I want him, a character I like, to be in a relationship like that? Maybe they are going for Megan was Nathan's great love so the two can get together as the "eh, you're good enough" pairing. I would have found a story of Meredith figuring out she can love again, that its possible to love more than one person in a lifetime, etc.

I hope we don't rush into an Owen / Amelia baby storyline.

I hope so too. I'd love for a baby-free season. However, postpartum is the one baby storyline Grey's hasn't done and can see them giving that to Amelia.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2
(edited)

Actually, I would love to see Greys add a transgender character to the cast. This might be the first time on a top rated broadcast tv show. Dr. Caitlin chief of ortho walking into GSMH. 

Edited by Catznip
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

I really dislike how Pompeo said that Nathan is just scratching an itch for Meredith and how he is not Mcdreamy and all that stuff.

I think you are right, if all the men starting from Thorpe onwards will be just sex buddies who will later be thrown out of the door or simply forgotten,why bother even? Why abuse Nathan for that? I find it disgusting.  I admit it was not fair to Thorpe either. Or simply said it is not fair to any of the men that might be Meredith´s hook-up for one night or possibly more. Like they are not worth her majesty Meredith, only good to scratch an itch when she wants.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
On 6/1/2016 at 1:24 PM, NathanRiggsfan said:

Agreed. I feel like Meredith is the most childish character on the show. Her one night stands are so tired. Even three kids hasn't helped her grow up. She is now a brattier version of season one Meredith. Completely out of touch with reality or own feelings. Sadly, even stupid Callie seems less erratic than Meredith has been. 

• Love 1

I like Mer/Riggs -- I see him as someone who won't take Meredith's crap, and she needs that. There's no drama with Maggie and Riggs, and I believe Maggie deserves better than Mer's sloppy seconds.

I've come to the conclusion that Mer/Riggs will be Shonda's do-over of what she wanted to do with Mer/Der, but was forced to end through network meddling. The star-crossed ship that gets obstacle after obstacle thrown at it. Shonda can drag this out ad infinium because she doesn't answer to the network anymore. They will sleep together, sort of get serious, and then...drama. Megan. Thorpe redux. Or someone else. They'll see other people, date other people, then cheat on other people with each other. It's been laid out to be the exact same "the universe is telling them not to be together, but they can't seem to leave each other's orbit" relationship that is seen frequently in Shonda's other shows. I am preparing for Mer/Der seasons 1-4, version 2.0, only this time the drama won't stop until the show is off the air.

I sort of wonder if that is what Shonda (et al) was trying to lay out in the finale with "you only get one great love." Signposting that Meredith only relented and settled down once, and that to not expect that this time because there will be no settling down. That would also tie into the TVLine article, where they said that they're not "replacing McDreamy." I now think that Shonda and Ellen Pompeo saying they're not "replacing McDreamy" doesn't mean that Meredith won't get another serious love interest, but that they're not replacing McDreamy in the sense that we won't see a content, settled down Meredith again.

• Love 1
On 4. 6. 2016 at 9:03 PM, Eolivet said:

I like Mer/Riggs -- I see him as someone who won't take Meredith's crap, and she needs that. There's no drama with Maggie and Riggs, and I believe Maggie deserves better than Mer's sloppy seconds.

I've come to the conclusion that Mer/Riggs will be Shonda's do-over of what she wanted to do with Mer/Der, but was forced to end through network meddling. The star-crossed ship that gets obstacle after obstacle thrown at it. Shonda can drag this out ad infinium because she doesn't answer to the network anymore. They will sleep together, sort of get serious, and then...drama. Megan. Thorpe redux. Or someone else. They'll see other people, date other people, then cheat on other people with each other. It's been laid out to be the exact same "the universe is telling them not to be together, but they can't seem to leave each other's orbit" relationship that is seen frequently in Shonda's other shows. I am preparing for Mer/Der seasons 1-4, version 2.0, only this time the drama won't stop until the show is off the air.

I sort of wonder if that is what Shonda (et al) was trying to lay out in the finale with "you only get one great love." Signposting that Meredith only relented and settled down once, and that to not expect that this time because there will be no settling down. That would also tie into the TVLine article, where they said that they're not "replacing McDreamy." I now think that Shonda and Ellen Pompeo saying they're not "replacing McDreamy" doesn't mean that Meredith won't get another serious love interest, but that they're not replacing McDreamy in the sense that we won't see a content, settled down Meredith again.

True indeed.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just watched an interview at the TV festival in Monaco with McKidd and Henderson and quite an odd idea from Martin. When asked who he would prefer/want with Nathan he said both - Meredith and Maggie and that he is interested in the triangle and loves it. What a really stupid idea,honestly stupid. I don´t know how he meant it, so Nathan would sleep with Meredith one night and Maggie would be for the next night???? So he would flirt with both and lie to both and cheat to both? Just what he did to Megan?

What do you alll  think? 

I am really disappointed with how Martin responded, it sounds so immature to me and he is a man in his early forties. I find it quite a shady thing to say.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
36 minutes ago, NathanRiggsfan said:

I just watched an interview at the TV festival in Monaco with McKidd and Henderson and quite an odd idea from Martin. When asked who he would prefer/want with Nathan he said both - Meredith and Maggie and that he is interested in the triangle and loves it. What a really stupid idea,honestly stupid. I don´t know how he meant it, so Nathan would sleep with Meredith one night and Maggie would be for the next night???? So he would flirt with both and lie to both and cheat to both? Just what he did to Megan?

What do you alll  think? 

I am really disappointed with how Martin responded, it sounds so immature to me and he is a man in his early forties. I find it quite a shady thing to say.

Perhaps he doesn't mean it literally however, this is a drama soapy tv show...whatever!

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Catznip said:

Perhaps he doesn't mean it literally however, this is a drama soapy tv show...whatever!

Riggs has been playing both of them - Meredith and Maggie. Truth. No honesty in such a character. I think it is time for me to change my forum name. 

He flirted with Maggie - a box of bacon and making all those eyes at her, she sensed he liked her, so he must have flirted with her, there was no misunderstaning on her part, then if he truly felt something for Maggie and wanted to pursue her  - even if Meredith jumped at him, he would have refused her. So he was just playing with Maggie, then sensed he could get some with horny Meredith,so he went for it and had some with her 4 times.

He is a charming flirt, a cheater, a liar. Time to change my name.

What I do not understand is why Meredith opened up to him about Derek in the scene before the wedding. But I will take it as a memory of Derek which has nothing to do with her and Riggs "relationship". Meredith´s tears were a memory of Derek.

I sort of understand why Ellen said Riggs is another man to scratch an itch, he is not worth of more investment.

There was indeed only one McDreamy.

How much alike are Hunt and Riggs - birds of a feather flock together, there was never such resemblance between Derek and Hunt.

Edited by Nobodysfan
(edited)

There was indeed only one McDreamy.

Yes, Derek was oh-so-Dreamy. Dreamy when he never told Meredith he was married while sleeping with her for months. Dreamy when he told her he was signing divorce papers then didn't. Dreamy when telling his wife he was trying with their marriage yet remaining emotionally connected to Meredith - stringing two women along is really dreamy! Dreamy when he remarked about the men she slept with after he dumped her. Dreamy when he took a bat to her engagement ring. Dreamy when he was off in DC kissing other women. Meredith did her share as well but please, Derek wasn't any less flawed than the other characters.

Meredith is aware that Megan was in Owen's life, that he cheated on her and that she died. She went into their sexual relationship with this information and chose to pursue him. I'm not seeing at all how Nathan did anything wrong in relation to Meredith or Maggie thus far. I don't see he being nice to Maggie and offering her food as him flirting. From what we have seen he has been nice to people for the most part. Maggie also is not little miss innocence even if she speaks like a child when talking about sex. Let's not forget she is a department head/teacher who just stopped banging her student.

I can see why Martin would be looking forward to having story with both Meredith and Maggie. He's an actor and its obvious that you get screentime and material on Grey's Anatomy if you are involved with the sisters. He was there promoting the show so of course he's going to be a cheerleader for it and all storylines. Its his job.

Edited by maasa
  • Love 10
(edited)

Yes, Derek certainly had his fair share of flaws. I´ll take Cristina´s invention of the nickname for him as something which highlights this McDreamy quality if she saw him like that. Or maybe she just meant his hair had that quality, who knows. No one can argue  - he had Mcdreamy hair.

Well, Martin did say that Nathan probably flirted with Maggie a little, not specifically hinting in which scene, but he did say that, so it is not only Maggie´s misinterpreting Nathan´s friendship for more,but there was probably a little flirting going on is what Henderson said in one interview so hence my previous comment. And if the actor is aware he played it like that, so it makes Nathan a charming flirt but also somebody who has no problem stringing women along as it fits him - flirting with one woman, then sleeping with another one. JMHO Yes, Meredith jumped at him,but he did not stop her.

Yes, of course, Martin will support his character´s storyline and promote it, but what I would have expected from him was certainly NOT to say he wants Nathan with both women.  I find it just odd,odd,odd and it disappoints me.  I may assume/guess/predict what he meant with this - I suppose he might have meant Nathan will sleep/date/flirt  both women  or it may not be the case, but I do not see what else he could have meant just that Nathan will enjoy himself with both women which I do not find fair to either of the women.   

I asked in the finale thread who Nathan was looking at and smiling from ear to ear, and fans commented  Meredith, but I am not so sure it was only her, I think he was eyeing both of them.

Again, just my perception.  

Of course, the fact is that Shonda LOVES triangles and we are in for one or two Alex - Jo - Deluca being the other one in Season 13, at least until the winter hiatus for sure.

Edited by Nobodysfan

Of course, the fact is that Shonda LOVES triangles and we are in for one or two Alex - Jo - Deluca being the other one in Season 13

I could only see this happen if Shonda wanted to end Jolex for good and pair him with another regular. Jo gets criticised for everything she says or does so if she were to stray it would be just character suicide.

It wouldn't surprise me either though. The writers don't strike me as subtle when it comes to telling us who we should/shouldn't root for.

• Love 1
On 6/14/2016 at 3:14 PM, Nobodysfan said:

Riggs has been playing both of them - Meredith and Maggie. Truth. No honesty in such a character. I think it is time for me to change my forum name. 

He flirted with Maggie - a box of bacon and making all those eyes at her, she sensed he liked her, so he must have flirted with her, there was no misunderstaning on her part, then if he truly felt something for Maggie and wanted to pursue her  

That wasn't my interpretation, but I suppose if the actor said it, my interpretation is probably wrong. I thought it was clear that Riggs was being friendly, and if it was to anyone else with an iota of romantic "self-esteem," it would've come off as kind of a cute gesture. But this is Maggie, who was dumped by DeLuca, and is the doting aunt to Mer's kids. Plus, in her own words, she had been through a romantic dry spell until De Luca and seems (to me) that even though she has a kickass career, she really also like to meet a nice man.

I'm so anti-Maggie/Riggs because of how much I like Maggie. I feel like friendly conversations and a box of bacon are the basis of a friendship, not an overture to romance for anyone except someone who really has awful romantic luck.

I'd actually love to see De Luca sue Alex -- it would give both men a storyline, and it would bring back what I found the most compelling part of the post-plane crash fall-out: pitting doctors against each other, who aren't in romantic relationships. The whole "new board vs. Owen" was fascinating. If Alex isn't disciplined (I can't imagine beating up residents is in the hospital code of conduct), and De Luca sues the hospital...I know it will never happen, but this would be a much more effective meta-commentary than the Ben story about how doctors get in trouble and never really pay the price for it.

• Love 1
On 6/21/2016 at 0:17 PM, Eolivet said:

I'd actually love to see De Luca sue Alex -- it would give both men a storyline, and it would bring back what I found the most compelling part of the post-plane crash fall-out: pitting doctors against each other, who aren't in romantic relationships. The whole "new board vs. Owen" was fascinating. If Alex isn't disciplined (I can't imagine beating up residents is in the hospital code of conduct), and De Luca sues the hospital...I know it will never happen, but this would be a much more effective meta-commentary than the Ben story about how doctors get in trouble and never really pay the price for it.

It would be interesting for sure. I don't know that it would be possible given it happened outside of the hospital and didn't have anything to do with the hospital. At least I don't think it did. He could sue Alex specifically, but I don't see how the hospital could be named. Though I admit, I was too busy worrying about Ben chopping April and her baby up on Meredith's table to really focus in on what was going on with Alex and DeLuca. I recall Jo trying to take her clothes off, DeLuca trying to stop her, and Alex walking in and thinking they were about to get busy. Alex flew in on DeLuca and it ended, yes? This was all after Jo's big reveal about the ex-husband and the alias, yes? Which I still do not understand how that supposedly happened given the fact that she would have absolutely had to undergo a background check, been fingerprinted and photographed, and literally turned over every form of identification known to man before getting past all the checkpoints she would have gone through. I'm anxious to see how they will explain this one! 

(edited)

I don't think they will even bother explaining it. Just like they never bothered to explain why Callie would move to NY permanently when her girlfriend got a year-long fellowship there. We'll just have to take it at face value and that's it. 

Edited by Joana
8 hours ago, Joana said:

I don't think they will even bother explaining it. Just like they never bothered to explain why Callie would move to NY permanently when her girlfriend got a year-long fellowship there. We'll just have to take it at face value and that's it. 

I feel like at some point towards the end of the season they changed it from a grant that would last "at least" a year to a fellowship. When Meredith was saying goodbye to the dishrag, she told her to kick butt on the fellowship. And in what world does a third year resident be eligible for a fellowship? Aren't fellowships usually for after boards are taken? 

Which goes to show that the entire thing was a cut and paste job to give Callie an exit, as crappy as it was. 

• Love 2