Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

Let me guess - Maggie and DeLuca will be paired. PLEASE don't make Alex be stuck with Penny.

I think DeLuca might be with Arizona.

Greysaddict, it seems like there have been more centric episodes this season, but they've done a couple a season the last few years. Callie had the one where she was sued a couple seasons ago and the Calzona breakup last season. There was the Cristina/Crowen one. Owen had one in the Teddy days, I think. I've never been crazy about them, but I don't think they used to be so disruptive.

I know many disagree, but again for me the biggest single issue is cast size. There's just no way they can write deep, effective stories for all of these characters. I'm among those who didn't have a problem with the Meredith-centric episode and actually really enjoyed it, but I just wish the writers would figure out what they're trying to do and commit to telling those stories. Overall, I am really enjoying this season a lot more than I have the past few, but if we keep treading water it's going to get old very fast. Hopefully these next few episodes start to push forward - especially for Jo / Alex and Arizona.

It's funny because the reaction online in other websites is overwhelmingly positive, and the consensus seems to be that Grey's is having a renaissance of sorts. I do partially agree, but I think there are a few key things that are really keeping it from being GREAT again (Penny, Amelia / Owen, Maggie edging out every other character for screentime, stories popping up and dropping, etc.) 

My issue is their current obsession with time jumps. You can't say "6 month time jump here" "1 year time jump there" and have some of the characters move along with the jumps and others stuck in the same place.

That's been more prevalent this season than in the past where they showed how they all moved on.

They've done it a lot in the past too, though - season 6 had two big time jumps, first after George's death and then the Holidaze episode. I don't think they've ever worked very well to be honest because all they do is skip over important emotional cues. After George died, I didn't buy that Meredith waited months to finally cry or that Cristina suddenly realized 'George is dead' after sex with Owen. It's almost always just a terrible idea. I get what they were going for after Derek's death, but it really robbed us of seeing a lot of emotional fallout and it just stunted so many characters (most notably, to me, Arizona and Alex / Jo.) 

I know many disagree, but again for me the biggest single issue is cast size. There's just no way they can write deep, effective stories for all of these characters.

I think what we are really seeing is the "perfect storm" of things including cast size, contract expirations, PD's exit, new writers, etc.  

I think the renaissance and sort of resurgence in the press is due to GA basically not being Meredith and Derek drama all day everyday (though the show was always much more than that).  I think the show got a bad rep along the way about only being a romantic drama.  It is sort of sad what the show has come to, because even though I was (am) a huge Mer/Der fan I feel like they are currently wasting away all the potential that could have been without MerDer drama at the center.  

Edited by Greysaddict

When I look back at early seasons, what sticks out the most in terms of difference to now is that we followed the SAME characters every week. Every regular character had significant screen time in pretty much every single episode, so there was never the feeling of stories being lost or not knowing what was going on. Of course there's always ebb and flow so certain characters would take the spotlight at times, but for the first several seasons we never had any regular characters as sidelined as they are now. When George got backburned in S5, it was immediately noticeable because it had never happened before. Now more than half the cast is underused, often given a line or two per episode or used as props for other characters. It just doesn't give the same experience because it doesn't allow us to invest in the stories - like someone pointed out, even as an Alex fan, it's hard to really give a shit whether or not Jo will say yes to his proposal because the story has just been told so disjointedly. 

• Love 1

Also, WHAT RESIDENT/ATTENDING pairings?!?!?!?  Yes, once upon a time Jo liked Ortho, Steph liked Neuro and Ben liked plastics, but that hasn't been touched in about a year.  I'll just let me bitterness consume me and assume that it is so everyone can see Penny's brilliance.

This right here! 

I think it's going to be to justify having Penny work with Amelia, since they are in behind the scenes pictures for episode 14 together. And that seems to stretch out to episode 18 because of the recent behind the scenes pictures floating around of Penny, Amelia, and Nathan. The thing is, Penny and Andrew aren't 5th years, they are 3rd and Intern, so they should be bouncing around the different specialties with no switcheroo shenanigans necessary. Leave Ben, Jo, and Stephanie out of it, and let them continue to shine in their chosen fields. 

See? This is what is wrong with this season. Everything and everyone is being shuffled around to service the story of the new kids, and it's ruining the mojo for the other characters. 

• Love 3

I think what we are really seeing is the "perfect storm" of things including cast size, contract expirations, PD's exit, new writers, etc.  

I think the renaissance and sort of resurgence in the press is due to GA basically not being Meredith and Derek drama all day everyday (though the show was always much more than that).  I think the show got a bad rep along the way about only being a romantic drama.  It is sort of sad what the show has come to, because even though I was (am) a huge Mer/Der fan I feel like they are currently wasting away all the potential that could have been without MerDer drama at the center.  

PD's exit seems like a lifetime ago, and really was in terms of planning and preparation, so I think that no longer has any effect on why the writer's room is so unfocused (funny that Derek, such a "minor character," still gets referenced).

Too bad we can't go back and peruse the old TWOP forums because we'd see the exact same comments and complaints. People wanting more Alex (year after year), not understanding why there's no focus on this character or that, people frustrated that the cast is bloated (Mercy Westers, anyone?), Shonda's focus is no longer on Grey's (Private Practice, anyone?), unplanned pregnancies (almost every pregnancy!), marriages crashing and burning, focus on characters that no one but Shonda really loves (Denny? Penny? They rhyme, that's funny), implausible stories (Meredith's never-ending supply of surprise sisters).

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

:)

It's not going to change. It's never going to change. The show will go on to season 20 and there will be more unplanned pregnancies, more couples getting together and then divorcing, more characters, more focus on Meredith the sun, more fan frustration because they tell, they don't show.

And yet...it'll be season 20 and viewers will be hanging on, hoping.

• Love 7

I don't think that whatever renaissance is happening is due to the quality of the show, as in "Look Grey's is great again!"  I think it has more to do with the buzzworthy events surrounding the show itself.  First PD leaves and all of the gossip surrounding that gets the show back on people's radar.  Then the big TGIT promotion with Shondaland Women, etc., etc. and Meredith moving on from a big romantic relationship and Girl Power, etc.  Then we get the 200th bottle episode with Penny and "You Killed My Husband" and then Denzel directing the episode where Meredith gets attacked for the 40th time.  These are all buzzworthy things and the press is eating up, and some of the individual performances have been praised, but I still think that this is a show that gets attention from all the things that surround it rather than for the actual show itself.  And at this point, given that the ratings are what they are, that may be enough for those in charge.

• Love 4

Year after year, season after season we ask for more of some of the most popular characters like Arizona, Alex, Callie, etc and seems like it is because that they are popular is why they get pushed to background. Its like Greys always saves their stories for when they go unsteady and need something to pull through. And it happens, the japril sl took season 11 ratings to season low and they pulled the Arizona Herman arc to steady. S12 première episode of greys is still the highest rated episode of season which can be a credited to Callie's sl.

I bet 12x05 though Meredith something pulled good ratings cos there was added equation of Penny being Callie's chick and Arizona's reaction to it.

My problem is that I want some great good for these characters but these character have just become services to other stories.

We didn't even got to see a jolex break up and what would have been an good angst to explore their chemistry, we just got it spit out from Meredith's mouth in her therapy no less. A jolex breakup that wasn't jolex story line at all how pathetic is that? And why? So Alex could be 'person'?

It just annoys me because Jcap Justin Sara are here for good, are veterans actors who can play off heavy meaty story lines well, who are fan favorites and yet we get to see scrape thrown at them.

These new characters who 'new fans' think are big are just dancing on the top and screen time glory but the season veterans are the one who build that staircase to top. So every time these characters are one episode heavy show or are just 'there', I feel sad.

Sorry for the rant.

And 10x13, Spring premiere did really well in ratings and that was after the cliffhanger with Japril. And Grey's does really well with DVR ratings and streaming which are coming more important when it come to tv models now. 

• Love 1

I don't think that whatever renaissance is happening is due to the quality of the show, as in "Look Grey's is great again!"  I think it has more to do with the buzzworthy events surrounding the show itself.  First PD leaves and all of the gossip surrounding that gets the show back on people's radar.  Then the big TGIT promotion with Shondaland Women, etc., etc. and Meredith moving on from a big romantic relationship and Girl Power, etc.  Then we get the 200th bottle episode with Penny and "You Killed My Husband" and then Denzel directing the episode where Meredith gets attacked for the 40th time.  These are all buzzworthy things and the press is eating up, and some of the individual performances have been praised, but I still think that this is a show that gets attention from all the things that surround it rather than for the actual show itself.  And at this point, given that the ratings are what they are, that may be enough for those in charge.

I write for a TV website and the majority of comments I've been reading about Grey's this year really are a whole lot more positive than I've seen in a few years. Lots of "Grey's has their mojo back!" and the episode ratings from fans have tended to be a lot higher than I've seen in a while. I do agree, though, that a lot of events have certainly led to this season getting more easy buzz, and sadly the positive reviews / press / ratings likely really are giving the writers the idea that everything is going perfectly. For me, personally, I've enjoyed this season week-to-week certainly more than the last two, and probably more than I have since S8. I think the back-half of 10 was a real low-point for the show. What's so frustrating to me is the feeling that there are a few things the writers could so easily change that I think would make the show so much better, and they all seem so obvious. I thought they got off to a great start and now it just feels like everything is getting jumbled. I understand that's an easy thing to say from a fan perspective, but how can the writers not realize how sidelined so many fan-favourite characters have been or how lacking some of the stories are? It just sort of baffles me. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1

Jessica Capshaw will be on Shondaland revealed this week with Betsy. I wonder if Arizona's arc of 12B will finally open up. 12A has only been about her being mentor to Alex and feeling miserable over Callie moving on....no development medical cases wise. I would really like to see some hardcore fetal cases.

(edited)

shall we take bets on how many flashbacks are going to be in tomorrow night's episode??  j/k, I'm actually kind of excited for this episode.  We had four different sneak peaks with completely different storylines (Meredith, Stephanie, Amelia/Jolex/Maluca/April and Arizona) so I'm hopeful the episode will be balanced.  

Edited by Greysaddict

So I guess every single person here agrees that Nathan's wife will miraculously reappear just when he and Meredith start getting serious about each other :D

God, wouldn't it be refreshing if it doesn't happen? But I'm not holding my breath.

Also, while the big revelation clears Nathan of any guilt, like expected, why couldn't it have been something that would make Owen look like less of a nutjob? A "Sophie's choice" kind of situation where you could see the point of both sides and Owen's anger wouldn't be as outrageously misplaced? Sigh. 

• Love 4

So I guess every single person here agrees that Nathan's wife will miraculously reappear just when he and Meredith start getting serious about each other :D

God, wouldn't it be refreshing if it doesn't happen? But I'm not holding my breath.

I would love for this NOT to happen.  But a "missing body" of a person presumed dead is soap opera 101 for having them miraculously show up.  

It would HAVE to be with some sort of amnesia/memory loss though because I assume this incident had to have been 7+ years ago?  I can't imagine she'd show up memory fully in tact and be like oh hey im back.  That's a little over the top, even for Shonda, so hopefully they won't go there.  

• Love 2

I would love for this NOT to happen.  But a "missing body" of a person presumed dead is soap opera 101 for having them miraculously show up.  

It would HAVE to be with some sort of amnesia/memory loss though because I assume this incident had to have been 7+ years ago?  I can't imagine she'd show up memory fully in tact and be like oh hey im back.  That's a little over the top, even for Shonda, so hopefully they won't go there.  

Was she then rescued by the natives and raised in fighting process without knowledge of her past? Because that's what is sounds like and then one day goes: "Hey, I remember who I am. OWEN! NATHAN! I'm back, but I'm not who I was." Dun Dun Dunnnnnn!

• Love 1

I would bet a large sum of money that she'll be back by (or more likely, in) the season finale. But if we're starting a pool on where she's been all this time, I'm guessing she was a POW, probably of the Taliban.

• Love 1

I would bet a large sum of money that she'll be back by (or more likely, in) the season finale. But if we're starting a pool on where she's been all this time, I'm guessing she was a POW, probably of the Taliban.

Oooh, way to grab that Serial audience LOL!  

I believe she will be back,too.

Press Release 12x15 'I am not waiting anymore'

Jackson learns about April’s pregnancy, while Alex and the team of doctors handles an hours-long triple-organ transplant surgery. Meredith considers dating again, and Andrew insists on not receiving special treatment after he and Maggie go public.

Guest Cast - Samantha Sloyan and Scott Elrod

*so the army doc is for Meredith? You know to warm up the playing field.. and good lord April doesn't tell Jackson till 12x15????

.. and good lord April doesn't tell Jackson till 12x15????

I'm not so sure she does tell him!  The press release says that Jackson "learns" about the pregnancy--someone else could tell him OR he could figure it out as Alex did.  

(edited)

Press Release 12x15 'I am not waiting anymore'

Jackson learns about April’s pregnancy, while Alex and the team of doctors handles an hours-long triple-organ transplant surgery. Meredith considers dating again, and Andrew insists on not receiving special treatment after he and Maggie go public.

Guest Cast - Samantha Sloyan and Scott Elrod

*so the army doc is for Meredith? You know to warm up the playing field.. and good lord April doesn't tell Jackson till 12x15????

Maggie and Deluca are in a press release. What a shocker. Why is this a story? Interns dating Attendings stopped being an issue like 10 seasons ago. Edited by Evie
  • Love 2

Maggie and Deluca are in a press release. What a shocker. Why is this a story? Interns dating Attendings stopped being an issue like 10 seasons ago.

I am so done with Maluca. They are crappy copy if either merder or japril. Kelly seems like Shonda's fav (shocker!), even being a nobody she has done more promotional work for Greys than Sara, Justin, Jcap, Kevin...it's safe to say that we are stuck with Maggie's anatomy going parallel with Meredith's anatomy.

I'm not so sure she does tell him! The press release says that Jackson "learns" about the pregnancy--someone else could tell him OR he could figure it out as Alex did.

That's even more horrible. (And dragging)

I predict Meredith goes to Joe´s to consider dating, meets Riggs there accidentally, and tells him about her dead husband - there is a BTS photo taken by Hinton that fits 1215 shooting time of Martin and Ellen at Joe´s.

I know that Army doc is going to be in a few episodes (4?), but do we know how long the SGH crew is going to be at the military hospital? I would love to see them have some down/social time together since it is such an odd assortment of characters.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think its been said how long they will be there for but it seems like only for the day,  They do appear to be driving there but it would be cool to see an overnight/outside of work hangout.  Maybe that is how Meredith and the army doc connect.  I am more curious what kind of surgery this is that requires the Chief of Ortho, Chief of General, a Plastic surgeon (is Jackson the chief of plastics?) and the Chief of Surgery.  I know Jackson mentioned a bone graft in the sneak peak but it feels like this should be major (knowing this show its probably not)

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

Wilmer Valderrama Joining ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ for Multi-Episode Arc (EXCLUSIVE)

are they joking with more guest stars!  As if the cast isn't large enough.  I hope he is being cast as a patient and not yet another doctor or someone else to take up screen time.

I'm thinking/hoping he's going to play a patient, which would be interesting because it would indicate a big medical case being extended for a few episodes. As opposed to him being yet another doctor because the last thing this show and seasons needs is more doctors.

• Love 1

I don't think its been said how long they will be there for but it seems like only for the day, They do appear to be driving there but it would be cool to see an overnight/outside of work hangout. Maybe that is how Meredith and the army doc connect. I am more curious what kind of surgery this is that requires the Chief of Ortho, Chief of General, a Plastic surgeon (is Jackson the chief of plastics?) and the Chief of Surgery. I know Jackson mentioned a bone graft in the sneak peak but it feels like this should be major (knowing this show its probably not)

The same kind of conjoined-twin surgery that required the heads of neuro and plastics, a peds surgeon, and three residents. AKA the plot-thickening operation.

Wilmer Valderrama Joining ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ for Multi-Episode Arc (EXCLUSIVE)

the hell seriously. I think he is for April maybe? He's a known name so i think whatever he's onto is important story line wise. They should have written off Samantha Sloyan eons ago. This cast is gonna choke on it's own size soon.

I don't think its been said how long they will be there for but it seems like only for the day, They do appear to be driving there but it would be cool to see an overnight/outside of work hangout. Maybe that is how Meredith and the army doc connect. I am more curious what kind of surgery this is that requires the Chief of Ortho, Chief of General, a Plastic surgeon (is Jackson the chief of plastics?) and the Chief of Surgery. I know Jackson mentioned a bone graft in the sneak peak but it feels like this should be major (knowing this show its probably not)

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that it's a case of tumor? Bailey and Meredith - General, Ortho /Plastic - maybe the tumor is in bone, Jo - resident.

Has there been a multi episode patient arc recently? I'd like to see that.

I'm actually struggling to remember the last time we had a multi-episode patient arc. I certainly would prefer him coming on that way. Especially with the continuity being sort of all over the place lately, it'd be nice to have a steady storyline carrying some doctors episode-to-episode. I also can't help think that maybe Windsprints is on to something in guessing that he's a love interest for Steph - Shonda has never kept a character around for this long without a romantic connection. 

As we get to the back-half, there's a good chunk of characters who have been given no real arcs or stories this year: Steph, Ben, Bailey, Callie and Arizona come to mind (I don't consider Penny an arc for Callie as she's more an after-thought in the whole thing.) I think Shonda was likely going to give AZ a love interest but when Capshaw got pregnant she probably switched over to the 'casual dating' storyline to minimize her screentime. I hope something substantial is given to Bailey, I really miss her. 

So the 12x16  episode description is out (http://calzona-ga.tumblr.com/image/140849597935) and part of it says "Meredith regrets taking a step forward with Will".

I had assumed he'd show up in 12x14 and Meredith would turn him down and then Jo yells at her to "get her own boyfriend" so she calls him back and goes on a date in 12x15, then regrets in 12x16, end of arc.  

but I see people speculating her "regret" is having sex with him.  What do you guys thing?  Do you think they'd have Meredith sleeping with someone so quick and already?  I kind of doubt it, anything is possible.

• Love 1

So the 12x16  episode description is out (http://calzona-ga.tumblr.com/image/140849597935) and part of it says "Meredith regrets taking a step forward with Will".

I had assumed he'd show up in 12x14 and Meredith would turn him down and then Jo yells at her to "get her own boyfriend" so she calls him back and goes on a date in 12x15, then regrets in 12x16, end of arc.  

but I see people speculating her "regret" is having sex with him.  What do you guys thing?  Do you think they'd have Meredith sleeping with someone so quick and already?  I kind of doubt it, anything is possible.

Meredith said she had filmed some 'fun' scenes so I assumed they were going to go light with the Will storyline, but who knows. It does sound like maybe they sleep together and she quickly regrets it. I'm actually really excited to see this story unfold. It's fun new territory for Meredith. Otherwise that PR is a yawn for me.... more Maggie / Andrew and MORE Amelia 'examining' her relationship with Owen. They're so stagnant. Where are the stories for Callie, Bailey, Arizona, Alex and the rest of the cast? 

• Love 1

So the 12x16 episode description is out (http://calzona-ga.tumblr.com/image/140849597935) and part of it says "Meredith regrets taking a step forward with Will".

but I see people speculating her "regret" is having sex with him. What do you guys thing? Do you think they'd have Meredith sleeping with someone so quick and already? I kind of doubt it, anything is possible.

Well, this actor had been cast for just this past episode and ended up filming at least 4 more that we know of, so lord knows what they're doing.

I think Shonda was likely going to give AZ a love interest but when Capshaw got pregnant she probably switched over to the 'casual dating' storyline to minimize her screentime.

Betsy Beers actually mentioned before the season started that Arizona was going to be in "self-discovery" mode and alone for awhile. Kind of what we're seeing, but really watered down and only played for laughs so far.

Edited by CED9

Meredith said she had filmed some 'fun' scenes so I assumed they were going to go light with the Will storyline, but who knows. It does sound like maybe they sleep together and she quickly regrets it. I'm actually really excited to see this story unfold. It's fun new territory for Meredith. Otherwise that PR is a yawn for me.... more Maggie / Andrew and MORE Amelia 'examining' her relationship with Owen. They're so stagnant. Where are the stories for Callie, Bailey, Arizona, Alex and the rest of the cast?

Except for the Meredith and April/Jackson centric episodes, Maggie and Andrew have been in the press releases/had a storyline in every episode this second half. It's crazy. Meredith, Maggie/Andrew, and kind of Amelia and April/Jackson are the only ones with any kind of ongoing storyline.

I know the press releases don't tell everything, but is the Owen/Riggs storyline going anywhere. The actors gave all sorts of interviews about it, but it seems like lame reveal and then nothing.

• Love 2

"Next step" could be having him over her house where he meets the kids, meeting her friends, sex, staying overnight or so many things. We don't know the time frame between 12x14 and 12x16 - have they been dating days or months? Initially I thought he'd be like Finn, someone she dates more casually as a way of starting to move on from Derek. Now that he's still there filming I think maybe they will have them sleep together. Perhaps they want to unleash all the venom with an actor who isn't a regular on the show.

• Love 2

Except for the Meredith and April/Jackson centric episodes, Maggie and Andrew have been in the press releases/had a storyline in every episode this second half. It's crazy. Meredith, Maggie/Andrew, and kind of Amelia and April/Jackson are the only ones with any kind of ongoing storyline.

I know the press releases don't tell everything, but is the Owen/Riggs storyline going anywhere. The actors gave all sorts of interviews about it, but it seems like lame reveal and then nothing.

Didn't both actors hint at 12x14 was a big episode for them? There's no mention of them in the press release but I seem to recall them saying there was some type of reveal or movement in episode 14. 

"Next step" could be having him over her house where he meets the kids, meeting her friends, sex, staying overnight or so many things.

Yeah, with Zola making an appearance in this episode I get the feeling maybe she meets Dr. Thorpe or sees Meredith with him and it upsets her, therefore leading Meredith's regret.

Edited by funnygirl

Who do you all predict Nathan will date?

I mean such a ruggedly handsome man deserves a lady on his side. He can´t stay single forever.

http://jerrikahinton.com/frame/mine/

Hinton´s BTS photo shows Martin as Nathan at Joe´s. It is not necessarily a date but who is that woman on the right? I thought it is Pompeo as Meredith but now no longer. Meredith starts dating that random doc, so why would she be in a bar with Riggs?

The photo was taken in mid-January - so they were filming 12 15 or started 16.

Edited by Meredithfan

From EW: 

Is Meredith going to hook up with that new military doctor on Grey’s Anatomy? I was starting to think she and Riggs might be an item. — Haille
I hear that Dr. Thorpe (Scott Elrod) will return for multiple episodes, but whether that means Mer is heading into a full-blown relationship remains to be seen. As for Riggs, he has other problems to deal with first, namely all things Owen. “In episode 15, April does get in the middle of them a little bit,” Sarah Drew teases of the tension building between the docs.

Or they are saving Nathan for Megan who will appear with a 99% certainty down the line,if not in season finale then in the premiere for S13 nd they will choose another name actress, add another new regular on the show,and so on.

After all, all kinds of sisters appear out of nowhere on Greys - it is a law.

Edited by Meredithfan
In many ways their characters seem like two who should / could get along, but the writers have chosen not to play it that way. I genuinely hope they don't frame this as Jo just being over-sensitive, and I don't think that's how it's going down. It's very clear that Meredith has treated her poorly time and time again.

Bringing this over from the promo thread.  If this whole Mer/Jo Kerfuffle(!) ends up with Jo looking even worse than she has been this season and Alex taking Mer's side and dismissing Jo's feelings again, then I am going to start getting very paranoid about where they may be taking the Mer/Alex relationship.  If it causes even more problems in Jo and Alex's relationship and Alex moves back in with Mer then I won't be surprised if Jo leaves at the end of the season.  Which will be horrible and inconsistent writing, IMO, and really unfair to the character of Jo (and Alex), but it certainly won't shock me.  

• Love 1

Bringing this over from the promo thread.  If this whole Mer/Jo Kerfuffle(!) ends up with Jo looking even worse than she has been this season and Alex taking Mer's side and dismissing Jo's feelings again, then I am going to start getting very paranoid about where they may be taking the Mer/Alex relationship.  If it causes even more problems in Jo and Alex's relationship and Alex moves back in with Mer then I won't be surprised if Jo leaves at the end of the season.  Which will be horrible and inconsistent writing, IMO, and really unfair to the character of Jo (and Alex), but it certainly won't shock me.  

Honestly, I thought they were going to write Jo off last year (and set Alex up with Maggie) because it seemed like the writers just didn't care to give her anything to do. The writing for her character at the start of this season was also really strange to me and it kept feeling like they were purposely trying to make her look bad, but I think now maybe that was build-up for Jo finally standing up for herself. At least I hope that's what it is. I'd love this Mer / Jo thing to get resolved without having to bring Alex in to choose sides. I want him to have a better storyline than this, which is why I hope they deal with it quickly and then wrap it up and move on. I think it might come down to whether or not Camilla is sticking around. 

• Love 2

I have just read that Elrod who plays Thorpe has been released from Young and Restless, so he is all out there with no contract.

I think they will add him as a new regular by the end of the season.

"A few weeks later, Elrod announced that he was asked to extend his contract to four episodes, with the possibility of being part of the regular cast."

"Elrod was scheduled to appear on the March 10, 17, 23, and 30 episodes — it’s safe to assume that he may have landed a regular cast member role. Scott felt positive that after leaving The Young and the Restless that he would eventually find the role he was meant to portray."

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2876048/greys-anatomy-spoilers-the-young-and-the-restless-alum-scott-elrod-debuts-tonight-hunky-doctor-will-thorpe-to-clash-with-meredith/#f4BWMqgmRkopyXfh.99

I really do not get Rhimes´s choices. This is a huge failure.  This is the character and the actor who she chose for her main female lead post-Derek and as an acting partner for Pompeo post-Dempsey. Thumbs down from me. Awful. IMO

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

I have just read that Elrod who plays Thorpe has been released from Young and Restless, so he is all out there with no contract.

I think they will add him as a new regular by the end of the season.

"A few weeks later, Elrod announced that he was asked to extend his contract to four episodes, with the possibility of being part of the regular cast."

"Elrod was scheduled to appear on the March 10, 17, 23, and 30 episodes — it’s safe to assume that he may have landed a regular cast member role. Scott felt positive that after leaving The Young and the Restless that he would eventually find the role he was meant to portray."

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2876048/greys-anatomy-spoilers-the-young-and-the-restless-alum-scott-elrod-debuts-tonight-hunky-doctor-will-thorpe-to-clash-with-meredith/#f4BWMqgmRkopyXfh.99

I really do not get Rhimes´s choices. This is a huge failure.  This is the character and the actor who she chose for her main female lead post-Derek and as an acting partner for Pompeo post-Dempsey. Thumbs down from me. Awful. IMO

The majority of comments about him and Meredith were actually pretty positive this week. The guy has only appeared in 1 episode so far, I think we need to give it a bit more time to see how it unfolds. And just because a 'source' like the inquisitor says he might become a regular, it doesn't mean he will. Nearly every multi-episode contract comes with a clause that they 'could' become regulars. It's smart for Shonda to keep that option depending on how things unfold. I don't want or need any more regulars, but if this is the guy that they choose for Meredith long-term then of course he'll be made a regular. I hope we lose a few cast members at the end of this year though. 

• Love 1