Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Voting

• Start Topic

Jenna Lewis's reasoning for wanting to boot winners was so idiotic.  I still don't understand how she qualified as an AS (besides that they felt they needed someone to fill the Elisabeth and Colleen quota.  And since those two declined...)

In Mark Burnett's book which was a diary of the filming of the first season he talks about Jenna will be a huge villian which never translated onto TV. I always thought the reason besides not Colleen coming back is that they thought she would fill the female villain role which she kinda did.

• Love 1

Jenna Lewis has always been a favorite of mine, loved her, Kelly, and Colleen in the first season, but she did disappoint in All Stars. She started strong, but like several others, just decided to hand her game over to B-Rob. Would love to see her play again though.

Ah okay. I didn't realize you meant the first one booted. I know its been rumored that JT booted Sugar because his girlfriend finding out about them sleeping together pre game.

Whaaaaaat?!?! I missed this little development! I think JT was given a real golden boy edit the first time he played, because by the second time he seemed dumber than rocks. I was never a Sugar fan either. They seem like a mismatched pair, but I think they might deserve each other.

• Love 1

Whaaaaaat?!?! I missed this little development! I think JT was given a real golden boy edit the first time he played, because by the second time he seemed dumber than rocks. I was never a Sugar fan either. They seem like a mismatched pair, but I think they might deserve each other.

Sugar's pre game HvV interview http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2010/02/survivor-heroes-vs-villains-jessica_sugar_kiper/

When Sugar was on Celebrity Rehab http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2011/07/survivor-heroes-vs-villains-sugar-suicide-attempt-details/

(edited)

Did anyone catch Kass's RHAP and hear her say anything about Max?  He's going off on his twitter about how much everyone hates her, and that she tried screwing over him, Jenn, and Shirin (getting them blacklisted from participating in future Survivor seasons).  Apparently Ryan from PI chimed in and said he did something to screw her game up because she screwed him over on something as well.  This was an interaction he was having with someone on twitter:

Max Dawson ‏@fymaxwell  · 18h18 hours ago 
@Streets_Ahead1 @PoloniumRedux @BB_jereyeo It should come as no surprise that almost every Survivor player wants Kass out 1st.

Max Dawson ‏@fymaxwell  · 9h9 hours ago 
@iqbalsiregar because she is a genuinely mean-spirited liar and snitch who tried to get me, Shirin, & Jenn blacklisted from future seasons.

Iqbal Siregar ‏@iqbalsiregar  · 9h9 hours ago 
@fymaxwell waaat.. Seriously? What did she do? And what did u guys do to her?

Max Dawson‏@fymaxwell   @iqbalsiregar Shirin and I both reached out to her for advice after our season. She betrayed and exploited our naive trust.

@AubreyHolloman Then the lies she told about the Mark Burnett encounter on #rhap…blindsided.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

Did anyone catch Kass's RHAP and hear her say anything about Max?  He's going off on his twitter about how much everyone hates her, and that she tried screwing over him, Jenn, and Shirin (getting them blacklisted from participating in future Survivor seasons).  Apparently Ryan from PI chimed in and said he did something to screw her game up because she screwed him over on something as well.  This was an interaction he was having with someone on twitter:

She mentioned having lunch with Shirin and Shirin spoiled the first episode to her. She also told a story of how her, Max and Mark Burnett were all in the same place coincidentally. I think Kass family owns maybe a reindeer farm or something for some reason Max was there and Burnett showed up with his kids. She basically said Max wasn't leaving Burnett alone asking questions while she thought he should leave him alone because he was with his family. Max also said he was on the cast at the reindeer farm and the cast hadn't been announced yet.

Edited by choclatechip45
(edited)

She mentioned having lunch with Shirin and Shirin spoiled the first episode to her. She also told a story of how her, Max and Mark Burnett were all in the same place coincidentally. I think Kass family owns maybe a reindeer farm or something for some reason Max was there and Burnett showed up with his kids. She basically said Max wasn't leaving Burnett alone asking questions while she thought he should leave him alone because he was with his family. Max also said he was on the cast at the reindeer farm and the cast hadn't been announced yet.

Ah, thanks!  I figured it had to do with something regarding spoilers.  Somehow I can see Max doing that.  And Shirin.  I'm no Kass fan, but if Max hates her that much, I'll root for her.  Somehow I feel like Max will take credit for getting her voted off, trying to cement that's a master Survivor manipulator even when he isn't in the game.  Considering both Max and Shirin were up for 2nd chances (and Max will probably be back in the future), Kass obviously didn't succeed.  I figured that the Survivor community probably reveals the deets on what happened in the season.  I would be more shocked to find out people weren't spoiling things.  I only half listened to Kass's RHAP so I totally missed that part.  Now I want to go back and hear it.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

So, glad Max didn't make the cut. Talk about some with a revisionist history & a inflated ego. I could barely listen to him with Rob. I'm not the biggest Kass fan but I really didn't like Max. Which is odd because my (total) dislike of Max came from his exit interviews rather than his time on the show. I was happy he didn't get on 31 and was also happy about Jeff gave him the bad news. I think he thought all of the Dirty 30 (which I won't say anymore) were a lock and he looked pretty shocked that he was voted in via he fans.

• Love 2

What are the odds that a recently casted Survivor super fan is at a reindeer farm owned by a previous contestant at the same time as the Survivor producer? Extreme coincidence, or Max is really crazy...you decide....

• Love 3

What are the odds that a recently casted Survivor super fan is at a reindeer farm owned by a previous contestant at the same time as the Survivor producer? Extreme coincidence, or Max is really crazy...you decide....

I was thinking that when she said it, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. The whole story was weird.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm no Kass fan, but if Max hates her that much, I'll root for her.

LOL! I don't even hate Max that much, but when I read his twitter meltdown over Kass I was like, "Hey, more reason to like Kass!" I love that Max thinks Kass has enough clout in the Survivor community to be scared she would actually get him blacklisted. Kass must be powerful as hell!

I already hoped that Kass would survive the first boot but now I REALLY hope she does!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I knew they've  raised them in Northern Europe since the wild herds started diminishing (I'm Finn/Sami on my dad's side) but I had not even thought about the North American Christmas reindeer rental business.  Thanks, wings707, another door opens in my sheltered life.:)

• Love 1
ETA Jaclyn tweeted this today https://twitter.com/...981133288808448Apparently Jon isn't on this season because he didn't listen to his voice mails! I could totally see Jon doing that!

I just saw this and had lol at it.  It had to really suck for Jon, as he strikes me as one that would love a second chance.  Though something tells me he will be up for consideration in the future.  Truthfully I was surprised his name wasn't even out there as a possiblity for this season, because he was one of the bigger personalities from last season.  I didn't like him at all back then (and last fall seems so long ago), but over time, I actually grew to like the guy a little.  I'd like to see what he and Jaclyn could do on their own in the game.  I would have much rather seen him back over Keith or Kelley.  I figured he either turned down the offer to come back or was cut because they already had 3 people from his season on the ballot.  I guess it was a little of both, even if it was by accident.  And how the heck is it even possible to miss your voicemails?

(edited)
I just saw this and had lol at it.  It had to really suck for Jon, as he strikes me as one that would love a second chance.  Though something tells me he will be up for consideration in the future.  Truthfully I was surprised his name wasn't even out there as a possiblity for this season, because he was one of the bigger personalities from last season.  I didn't like him at all back then (and last fall seems so long ago), but over time, I actually grew to like the guy a little.  I'd like to see what he and Jaclyn could do on their own in the game.  I would have much rather seen him back over Keith or Kelley.  I figured he either turned down the offer to come back or was cut because they already had 3 people from his season on the ballot.  I guess it was a little of both, even if it was by accident.  And how the heck is it even possible to miss your voicemails?

I know they are getting married at the end of the summer so who knows if he would have said yes anyway? Jaclyn tweeted that Jeremy and Keith are getting two meals at their wedding since they'll be coming off Survivor.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1

I know they are getting married at the end of the summer so who knows if he would have said yes anyway? Jaclyn tweeted that Jeremy and Keith are getting two meals at their wedding since they'll be coming off Survivor.

That was actually why I thought he wasn't among the rumored names, because of their wedding.  I know Candice postponed her wedding to due HvsV, but that's not always easy to do.  I thought it was nice the show of support former Survivors gave their friends, and in some cases former tribemmates.  Although since I'm thinking Keith could be an early boot, he may not need the two meals, anyway.  I know people think he'll get dragged along since he's clueless and doesn't pose a strategic threat, but sometimes those that have no idea what they are doing are the bigger threats to keep around.

That was actually why I thought he wasn't among the rumored names, because of their wedding.  I know Candice postponed her wedding to due HvsV, but that's not always easy to do.  I thought it was nice the show of support former Survivors gave their friends, and in some cases former tribemmates.  Although since I'm thinking Keith could be an early boot, he may not need the two meals, anyway.  I know people think he'll get dragged along since he's clueless and doesn't pose a strategic threat, but sometimes those that have no idea what they are doing are the bigger threats to keep around.

I thought the same thing! Yes I heard about Candice postponing her wedding! I thought it was a sweet tweet from Jaclyn. I had no idea they were so close with Keith and Val & Jeremy (I assume Val is invited since she rewteeded the tweet).

Per Redmond on twitter, filming is being pushed back to next week.  I was all excited since it was going to be starting tomorrow (and technically it is already Friday in Cambodia).  I wonder what made them push back.  

If I were feeling generous, I might say that in that maybe Max misunderstood something; perhaps the way the votes were going at the time, he was in the top 10 men, but things changed later on. Or maybe Burnett said that he was in to get him off his back, since telling him he didn't make the cut would have almost certainly led to a barrage of, "How close was I? Who got the most votes? What was the distribution of votes? What about for the women? Was I ever in it and if so, when did I start to fall out of it?" and on and on.

I also find it hilarious that, even assuming that story about the reindeer farm is correct (and never mind why Max was there), Max believes that the reason he got axed is because Kass talked Mark Burnett out of it (no doubt using the clout that comes with being a member of a reindeer farm-owning family) and not because Mark Burnett might have been annoyed about Max interrupting his day out with his kids.

Looks like Season 31 is going to have a Brains reunion. I'm curious to see if Spencer and Tasha are even slightly receptive to the idea of working with Kass again (I suspect they'll be willing to work with each other if they have a chance to do so). Personally, I hope Kass sticks around for awhile. I don't love to hate very many players, but she is definitely one of them. As a player, she's emotional and petty, but thinks she's smarter than everyone else out there. But she doesn't come across as dangerously unhinged à la Brandon Hantz. I always hope for someone like her every season—people who aren't going to win, but who will act as obstacles for the actual contenders.

• Love 4
They could try to exclude folks who've made pre-alliances but it sounds like pretty much everybody does them now.  And they should, if they don't want to be the first ones booted out.  I can see why the producers might dislike pre-alliances (because they don't get to film the genesis of these and hence give context to subsequent game behavior) but they have no one to blame but themselves.  They created this whole economy by creating Survivor 'celebrities' for return invites, so it's pretty rich of them to act pissy about contestants gaming this system to stay on tv longer and maybe win money.

It occurs to me that Survivor could do something a bit outside the box this season and actually make it more overly "meta."  They've already broken one barrier by having the fans pick the cast, so why not go another step and actually feature players discussing pre-game alliances?  It would add further context if we get another Boston Rob/Lex "friendship being destroyed" situation, as since watching S8 back in the day, I had no idea why Lex was so pissed until I went online and read the whole thing about he, Rob and Tom having a pact before filming and the two actually being friends in real life.  The pre-game alliances also add another layer of strategy to the game, since I'm sure there are more than a few players who have made promises to multiple people.  Drama!

• Love 3

If I were feeling generous, I might say that in that maybe Max misunderstood something; perhaps the way the votes were going at the time, he was in the top 10 men, but things changed later on. Or maybe Burnett said that he was in to get him off his back, since telling him he didn't make the cut would have almost certainly led to a barrage of, "How close was I? Who got the most votes? What was the distribution of votes? What about for the women? Was I ever in it and if so, when did I start to fall out of it?" and on and on.

I also find it hilarious that, even assuming that story about the reindeer farm is correct (and never mind why Max was there), Max believes that the reason he got axed is because Kass talked Mark Burnett out of it (no doubt using the clout that comes with being a member of a reindeer farm-owning family) and not because Mark Burnett might have been annoyed about Max interrupting his day out with his kids.

Looks like Season 31 is going to have a Brains reunion. I'm curious to see if Spencer and Tasha are even slightly receptive to the idea of working with Kass again (I suspect they'll be willing to work with each other if they have a chance to do so). Personally, I hope Kass sticks around for awhile. I don't love to hate very many players, but she is definitely one of them. As a player, she's emotional and petty, but thinks she's smarter than everyone else out there. But she doesn't come across as dangerously unhinged à la Brandon Hantz. I always hope for someone like her every season—people who aren't going to win, but who will act as obstacles for the actual contenders.

I agree let's say Kass invited Max and Mark Burnett just randomly showed up I completely understand why Kass was annoyed. Due to my job I have to work/interact at parties with a lot of celebs it's an unwritten rule you don't really bother them in a social setting unless they approach you. I've been out with my friends were I have seen a celeb I have worked with and they have come over and said hi to me, but I don't spend the rest of the night following then around!

• Love 2

I've been on record that I want Kass to get Shirin voted off since there can only be one Annoying One on the island but it sounds like Kass was being a troll up to the time of the reunion. That probably sealed her fate as First Boot.

• Love 1
(edited)

I doubt TPTB would want Kass to go anywhere anytime soon.  I mean, they can't save her unless they outright rig it.  But she's a very polarizing character, and if she's anything like she was in S28, they probably won't want her going anywhere (unless someone steps up and dethrones her).  I know Kass was disliked by those in her own cast, though I never thought much about her in the Survivor community until Max's comments (which to me are just attention seeking on his part, that he picks the time where she has no access to SM to bring it up).  It makes me even more glad he didn't get on, because his vote towards her would probably be personal.  I'm hoping Shirin is the first to go.  If there is bad blood between them, and allegations being made, I could see them being put on opposite tribes just so Shirin wouldn't target Kass for personal reasons.  Kass may go for the threat of being a flip flopper, Shirin for being annoying, but I wouldn't be surprised if a bigger threat goes first.  I just hope production screws with them so badly out there.

In the Max/Mark Burnett encounter-Max strikes me as the type that not only views himself in the same caliber as people who've actually succeeded in this game, and not just by luck (Richard Hatch, Parvati, Spencer, etc) but also that he needs some sort of validation for himself.  So I can totally buy him following Mark around like a lost puppy dog, and probably trying to make it seem as though they are extremely tight knit and close.  To be seen, and to bring it up for any detractors.  This could be some sort of ploy, too, that when Kass gets back she may give her side of things, and let Max continue to extend his time in the limelight and bring the attention to himself by refuting whatever claims she's making.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I started to write out some thoughts on how I think Kass could survive through to the merge, but it all amounted to a heap of "I don't know." Kass brings a lot of baggage to the game, and she's unpredictable, but so are seasons with returnees and so are the early votes in every season. I agree that all of this stuff with Max seems like a desperate bid for attention on his part. As much as the producers might like him (although that might not even be the case now if Kass' version of the reindeer farm story is true), he got booted pre-merge and had nothing to do with any of the things people will remember about Worlds Apart. His best bet for getting to return was this upcoming Cambodia season and he didn't make the cut.

I had some thoughts on Shirin and the way she played this past season (summary: I don't think she's a very good player and I wish Sabrina were coming back instead), but I'm taking them over to her thread instead.

It won't surprise me if Shirin is like Eliza on Micronesia. Eliza was bullied on her first season and blamed that for four years and said she would have gotten along with a different group of people. Well that didn't happen on Micronesia it showed how annoying Eliza can be. The only difference is that Eliza was 21 on her first season and Shirin is 10 years older (31) during her first season.

• Love 1

Is the Spencer-Tasha-Ciera alliance the only one that has been spoiled so far? One of the many reasons I'm afraid Shirin won't be First Boot is bc of her connection to Savage.

I KNOW that Stephen will have an alliance firmly in place, just have no idea who it is. Knowing him, it will be someone unexpected.

It won't surprise me if Shirin is like Eliza on Micronesia. Eliza was bullied on her first season and blamed that for four years and said she would have gotten along with a different group of people. Well that didn't happen on Micronesia it showed how annoying Eliza can be. The only difference is that Eliza was 21 on her first season and Shirin is 10 years older (31) during her first season.

So what might save Shirin is what saved Eliza-someone pulling a Fairplay and quitting but not quitting by asking to get voted out, and then having a bigger threat above your head (Yau-Man in her case).  Then getting on a tribe that goes on a winning streak prior to the merge.  Shirin was with every tribe mix out there, and all found her annoying.  Part of me wants her to succeed, because the likes of Dan and Will will probably be foaming at the mouth for her downfall back home, and I dislike those 2 a lot more.  But I also want a fun, enjoyable season, and unless she steps it up with her head in the game and doesn't just ride coattails, then I'd prefer her gone.  I really don't think anyone will get intimidated by her playing the victim and making themselves look bad.  She'll just get voted out.  Also, I get the feeling the editors might not be so kind if she is the same as she was during WA.  Shirin followed Max last season, then the NC, then Mike.  For a superfan, I don't think there's anything strategic about her.  Heck, she even followed Max in getting naked.  And she thought her attempt to blindside Will, when the tribes first swapped, was some big play that would go down in the history books of Survivor.  I will say, next to Kelly Wiglesworth, Shirin seemed the lead enthused of the second chancers when Jeff told her she was coming back.  I don't know if she thought the entire WA cast would be coming back, or if the reunion and drama was on her mind, but I'm hoping her head is far enough out of the game that it gets her booted.

• Love 1
(edited)

Apparently, filming of Season 31 starts Monday. Let the games begin. I couldn't even predict who will win but I think it will one of the woman since the men will all be gunning for each other. It will be interesting to see what kind of edit everyone gets since everyone (the viewers) has a much better idea what these people are like now in real life. I don't think there isn't anyone I would be disappointed with if they won. Hopefully, there's lots of drama, great game play & awesome challenges. And, of course, a major twist. LOL!!!! I can't hardly wait till September/October. I hate to rush the summer but I'm stoked about Season 31 Second Chances.

Edited to add: It's going to be HOT as heck in Cambodia starting next week: Yikes!!!!!

Mon

Scattered Thunderstorms

97°80°

Tue

Scattered Thunderstorms

99°79°

Wed

Scattered Thunderstorms

98°79°

Thu

Partly Cloudy

100°79°

Fri

Partly Cloudy

102°80°

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sounds like the worst of the weather is yet to come.  I half wondered if production was being cruel and purposely delaying the start of filming to have them get the worst of it and see if they can handle it (yeah, I know that wasn't the case, but it was funny to think about).  These guys are vets of the game, so no whining about the conditions.  I'm with you @ByaNose that I'm thinking the women will do better this season than the men.  I think the egos among the men and trying to out-strategize and out-alpha male each other will get us a female alliance that ends up blindsiding them all.

Since I'm expecting a fully spoiled season, my early predictions before we get started (I'll start with the ladies): I'm getting a vibe that Kelley Wentworth, Abi, Peih-Gee, and Monica may really surprise and take advantage of the whole 'second chance' to show us what they are made of.  Kimmi strikes me as someone being very naive and just going out there for the fun of it and a good time.  I don't know that I see her making the merge, unless she gets really lucky or winds up as someone's crucial vote in their alliance.  And as we've seen, there have been plenty of people who rode through the game because they weren't deemed a threat.  I like Kimmi, and I'd love to see her do well.  I think there could be some old school/new school rivalry, but also alliances among those ranks.    I won't be surprised to see Kelly Wiglesworth go pre-merge this time.  I don't know, something about her makes me think she isn't as into this as they want us to think.  Then again, she did agree to come back after all this time, and she probably wouldn't have unless she really wanted to.  I still think Shirin and Kass will go pre-merge.  I'm on the fence with Tasha and Ciera.  I could see it going either way with them.  I like Ciera well enough, but I still find her overrated as a player.  She voted her mom off (big deal) and went to rocks (way more impressive).  Beyond that, I can't remember anything else she did during BvsW except suck at puzzles.

if there's an alliance of Spencer/Tasha/Ciera/Monica/Vytas/Kelley Wentworth, I see at least one or two of them going before the merge.  I don't really see Vytas doing much of anything, except thinking he's calling the shots and in control, then gets handed a blindside.  Jeff and Andrew I'm intrigued to see play, as I think they have it in them to play the game strategically well, but may wind up on the unlucky side of numbers.  I don't get the feeling Terry will have changed from his EI days, so he may be the person to keep around as a target because he wants to be the leader and sole provider, but ends up annoying everyone in the process.  Sometimes, you just can't turn that part of you off.  If Stephen isn't gone before the merge, I predict he could slip right into the final 3 and win.  Right now I'd say he's the biggest threat.  As much as it pains me to say it, I won't be surprised if Joe is gone pre-merge.  Even if he tries laying low and has people that can take a little heat off his challenge dominance, he will likely be too fresh in people's minds and they won't want to risk keeping him around to the individual stage.  I won't be surprised if Spencer goes pre-merge, either.  Watching him during the cast reveal and the campaign process, I think his head is so deep in the game and proving some sort of redemption for himself, that he winds up hurting himself as a threat.  And if people figure out there's some pre-game alliance he has with 5 other people, he'll probably be viewed as the bigger threat of that group.  If people in his alliance are called out, they may get scared and flip.  Woo, Keith, and Jeremy I have no idea.  Keith may be like Kass, in that he's too unpredictable and hasn't learned a damn thing so they figure it's more dangerous keeping him around than having him as a vote to control in their alliance.

Edited by LadyChatts

Shirin was with every tribe mix out there, and all found her annoying

Most did initially, but then liked her after after getting to know her or didn't have a problem with her. Mike said he liked her from the start, and was surprised since Will had been talking about what a terrible person she was. There were really only  three people that didn't like her for the run of the game, Will (to me, he doesn't even count, there's clearly something wrong with him, his personal hatred of her wasn't rational), Dan, and Joaquin. Those three are some of the most detestable people to ever play Survivor (Joaquin wasn't focused on much during the show, but his post boot interviews reveal him to be pretty bad), so personally, I would consider their disdain to be a badge of honor.

• Love 3

I'm surprised we haven't heard more from the bitter 12. I know Shane spoke with Rob but I thought there would be more. Maybe, they were mature (and, smart) not to do interviews in fear of coming of really bitter or pathetic. I would like to,hear from Jim Rice though. When he spoke to Rob for the voting he seemed the most dying to get back on this show. Perhaps later in the summer when the sting has worn off.

I'm guessing that most of them probably still hold out hope for an invite back, so they don't want to go into burning bridges mode (otherwise known as the Dan Maneuver). Shane made it clear that he would never consider coming back under any circumstances,  so that's probably why he was ok with doing an interview.

• Love 1
(edited)

Mike said he liked her from the start, and was surprised since Will had been talking about what a terrible person she was. There were really only  three people that didn't like her for the run of the game, Will (to me, he doesn't even count, there's clearly something wrong with him, his personal hatred of her wasn't rational), Dan, and Joaquin.

Like someone posted in another thread that there was a faint whiff of anti-semitism with all the Penner hate in his first season, I think there was probably something similar going on with Shirin and her background, especially coming from Will.  (Even with Mike, he seemed to say in his RHAP interview that she needed to understand the comments of "why she doesn't have a soul".  I stopped listening at that point.)

It's interesting to me that of the other contestants competing for S31 on RHAP that I heard comment about Shirin, like Shane and Abi-Maria, they consistently said she was quite lovely.  So I don't see that she will have a big problem going forward on next season.

Edited by vb68

Like someone posted in another thread that there was a faint whiff of anti-semitism with all the Penner hate in his first season, I think there was probably something similar going on with Shirin and her background, especially coming from Will. 

Can you tell me more about that whiff of anti-semitism directed towards Penner?  I don't recall it. 

(edited)

I'm surprised we haven't heard more from the bitter 12. I know Shane spoke with Rob but I thought there would be more. Maybe, they were mature (and, smart) not to do interviews in fear of coming of really bitter or pathetic. I would like to,hear from Jim Rice though. When he spoke to Rob for the voting he seemed the most dying to get back on this show. Perhaps later in the summer when the sting has worn off.

I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed by the lack of meltdowns.  But considering the 12 who didn't get picked are 12 that I could fully see being invited back, then yeah, I can see them not wanting to ruffle any feathers with production.  Plus, I 100% see them doing a fan vote season again, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's sooner rather than later.  So they may also not want to ostracize fans from voting for them in the future.

ETA: So someone made a fake post coming from Redmond that Kelly Wiglesworth dropped out and alternate was flying in (not true).  I wonder if that could be another reason for the lack of bitterness.  If there's still a chance someone could go, they may not want production to pass them over for sour grapes.  I'm assuming they would take whoever was next in line with the vote if they were available still, but I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB went with whoever.

Edited by LadyChatts

Even with Mike, he seemed to say in his RHAP interview that she needed to understand the comments of "why she doesn't have a soul".  I stopped listening at that point.

He was saying that Sharin feels she would need to understand why Will was saying that before she could accept an apology from him, in other words, Will would need to explain himself on that, since he was saying it all the time. Mike wasn't agreeing that she doesn't have a soul.

• Love 3

He was saying that Sharin feels she would need to understand why Will was saying that before she could accept an apology from him, in other words, Will would need to explain himself on that, since he was saying it all the time. Mike wasn't agreeing that she doesn't have a soul.

100% agree. mike was saying what Shirin said at the reunion. Shirin wants to understand why Will thinks she is soulless. Mike was not agreeing with Will.

(edited)

Just because Abi gets along with Shirin in real life does not mean they'll get along on the island. Rob C has said over the years how different Alicia is when she plays survivor vs. how she is in her real.

I'll laugh if Wigglesworth/Keith/Woo form a 3 person alliance.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1

Seeing how Abi plays is one of the things I'm most looking forward to with this season, I found her unbearable on her original season, but loved her in all her post boot interviews and reunion appearance. 

• Love 2

I am shocked and saddened Shane didn't make it. Seriously, how did he not eveN make top 11? I wanted to see if if he had upgraded to an iBark or PalmFrond S5. Inquiring minds want to know (and cra-cra minds bring the fun....bring Shane back!)

I wonder if Lisa Welchel was asked back and declined. She a Probst darling (to the point of Co hosting his talk show for a while) so I'd think she'd be a lock for a return invite. I would pay money to see her play an entire season of Survivor in character as Blair Warner.

Since they're doing a season with returnees I'm thrilled it has a) all returnees b) representation from early years and c) has people who only played once and didn't win. Seriously some of these people were starting to be like the dbags that made a career out of appearing on every Challenge MTV did. I do think they had too many options from the current season though. Give us a chance to miss them first (although not likely with this crew)

• Love 2

Since this season was so well received, and there was a lot of excitement about the old school players (not to mention disappointment that there weren't more of them), as well as all but 2 of the old schoolers being voted on, I am hopeful that this was eye opening for TPTB.  Realizing there is a lot of love for older seasons, and that the audience isn't craving seeing someone for the 3rd or 4th time, especially if nothing about them or their game has changed.  One of the reasons I got bored by returnee seasons was the fact that they either featured multiple season returnees or focused solely on the big characters/most recent seasons.  While I don't think their pool of contestants they choose from S21-24 were the strongest, I am happy that no one from those seasons was voted back on (as much as I loved Sabrina, but it sounds like it was for the best for her as she had stuff going on in her life).

I wonder if Lisa Welchel was asked back and declined. She a Probst darling (to the point of Co hosting his talk show for a while) so I'd think she'd be a lock for a return invite.

As Abi mentioned, it's unlikely that Lisa wants to come back.  It turned out to be an emotionally heavy experience for her.

I don't know if I could have handled Lisa & her brother calling each other brother.....sister...all summer. LOL!!! Yeah, I thought she would have gone back in a heartbeat but I think I read where she said once was enough. Not everyone is cut out for it and dying to go back. Again. Also, she got her career back on track because of the show and doesn't need to go on again. Filming should today/tomorrow. Our job of voting fir Season 31 is dine. Now, it's their time to vote. The first to be voted off Survivor: Cambodia is.............! Bring me your torch...the tribe has spoken........

• Love 1