Type keyword(s) to search

Positive ID: The Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

Ashley Johnson (Patterson) started out as a child actor, whose first major role was in the ABC sitcom Growing Pains, playing the SORAS'ed youngest daughter, Chrissy, from 1990-1992. (Trivia: Chrissy was originally played by the twin sisters of Veronica Mars' Jason Dohring.)

Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Mayfair) is probably best known for playing Vivien on CBS' Without a Trace.

• Love 1

I like this cast.  I like Jaime Alexander as Sif.  Love Marianne Jean-Baptiste ever since she was Oscar nominated for "Secrets and Lies" and loved her as Viv on "Without a Trace".  Haven't seen her in much of anything lately.

I thought Sullivan Stapleton was fantastic as Damien Scott on "Strike Back".  I wouldn't say he was an ass.  I would say that his character loved life, and he had a very irreverent and happy attitude about it.  All he was concerned about was his next hookup and staying alive.  His character was a fun contrast to Philip Winchester's "stick up the butt" Stonebridge.

I have so closely associated Stapleton with Scott that it jars me when I hear Stapleton with his natural Australian accent.  "300 Rise of an Empire" was Damien Scott in a loincloth.  Curious to see how he is in this role on "Blindspot".  He has a very good sense of comedic timing.  I'm guessing this show isn't supposed to be funny.

I thought Sullivan Stapleton was fantastic as Damien Scott on "Strike Back".  I wouldn't say he was an ass.  I would say that his character loved life, and he had a very irreverent and happy attitude about it.  All he was concerned about was his next hookup and staying alive.  His character was a fun contrast to Philip Winchester's "stick up the butt" Stonebridge.

I have so closely associated Stapleton with Scott that it jars me when I hear Stapleton with his natural Australian accent.  "300 Rise of an Empire" was Damien Scott in a loincloth.  Curious to see how he is in this role on "Blindspot".  He has a very good sense of comedic timing.  I'm guessing this show isn't supposed to be funny.

I agree with you on your description of Scott.  Given the nature of his occupation he made the most of the rest of his time when he wasn't working.  

I hope this show will have its comedic moments just like Strike Back does.  Various interviews with Sully and Philip have talked about their connection and how they improvised on set and were allowed to because of their connection.  Here's hoping some of that follows through on this show.  Michael Stonebridge does have a wicked sense of humour as observed in last week's SB episode - LOL!

Just to clarify, I don't think Stapleton is an ass, just the character of Damien Scott.  I found Damien lacking in several ways, but Stapleton made him a lot more tolerable than he might have been otherwise.  Having seen the leaked pilot, I hope Stapleton gets more to do in future Blindspot episodes. Generic Gruff Mcgrufferson seems like a waste of talent, but then I had similar thoughts about Jaime's Amnesiac. 

I recognized the hottie doctor, Ukweli Roach, from The Royals (he was the best thing about it, and glad to see him pop up here). 

I remember Rob Brown way back from Finding Forrester, and most recently in Treme

Delurking:

I thought Sullivan Stapleton was fantastic as Damien Scott on "Strike Back". I wouldn't say he was an ass. I would say that his character loved life, and he had a very irreverant and happy attitude about it. All he was concerned about was his next hookup and staying alive. His character was a fun contrast to Philip Winchester's "stick up the butt" Stonebridge.

I respectfully disagree. As a Strike Back fan, while I heart Scott, his hair-trigger temper and his tendency to think with his dick has gotten him in trouble/almost killed more than once and it's Stonebridge who pulls him back from the brink-and sometimes, vice versa. The confession scene in the North Korean prison in S4 Episode 6 showed that Stonebridge can be hilarious when he wants to be.  Sullivan Stapleton and Philip Winchester are not only great on the show individually, they bring out the best in each other.  I think that their chemistry is so great that if The Player gets canceled, maybe PW can if not join this show, at least get a guest spot. 

Edited by DollEyes

I'm not really familiar with the other cast, but I know Jamie Alexander from Kyle XY; she's probably more famous as Lady Sif from Thor.

Thank you for clearing that up for me!  I was trying to remember where I recognized her from.  (I didn't watch Kyle XY)

Sullivan Stapleton was the lead in 300: Rise of an Empire, and co-lead in Strike Back.  He was quite the ass in the latter, so it'll be interesting to see what his Blindspot character is like.  

With Philip Winchester -- also from Strike Back -- on his own NBC show (The Player, I think, with Wesley Snipes), I'm half expecting a cross over.

Wow!  I just went to Amazon Prime and watched the first season of Strike Back, which I really liked, but holy moly!  You really get to see pretty much ALL of Sullivan Stapleton, like all the time!  I had forgotten it was made for Skinemax.  Once I got past my buns n boobies shock, I really like the series.  I'm pretty much mainlining the first three seasons this week.  Oh, and Philip Winchester is awfully pretty, too!

• Love 3

I really like Strike Back and both Stapleton and Winchester are terrific in it. I haven't watched the final season yet because I got attached to these characters and their friendship and I am fearing the ending. I am too cowardly to even take a peak at spoilers.

• Love 1

I would just like to extend a personal thank you to each and every member of this forum who led me to Strike Back. I'm... wow. They're both delightful, and I could watch Stapleton screw his way across the world... forever. I really hope he gets to lighten up on Blindspot, because he is so freaking fun and charming and sexy when he's not constrained by a role, as he is here. Ahem. Back to my marathon.

• Love 6

Yes, every time someone on the episode threads calls Stapleton "dour"  etc. I wince.  He had a lot of intense charisma on Strikeback and some great chemistry with Winchester. You totally bought the friendship of their characters. You could also buy why all those women were attracted to him and fell into bed with him.

• Love 3

Exactly! Before I saw Strike Back I thought Stapleton was just a one-note uptight wooden actor. Holy cow was that wrong. It's proof the writing and directing are the problems here, not the fine, fine, Sullivan Stapleton. I actually find myself bring my, uh, affection for him from Strike Back to Blindspot. At least it gives me hope that they'll let him ease up a bit as the show goes on. It is definitely in his range to be much more than they are letting him be here.

Maybe Jane's attraction to Weller is that she unconsciously recalls watching Strike Back and is recalling how charismatic and wonderful he was there. She knows it is in there somewhere!

• Love 2

Ok, I checked out Strike Back. I agree. I binged watched the first 6 episodes last night because it was so good! Stapleton is GREAT in it. I think he's fine in blindspot but he is awesome in Strike Back.

Edited by MzLiz

Ok, I checked out Strike Back. I agree. I binged watched the first 6 episodes last night because it was so good! Stapleton is GREAT in it. I think he's fine in blindspot but he is awesome in Strike Back.

I agree! Watching Strike Back has made Watchung Blindspot much more bearable. And not just because I'm happily recalling all the Stapleton skin we saw.

I just watched Henry Phillips' new film "And Punching the Clown" at CIFF last night. Ashley Johnson is in it along with a bunch of other awesome people (Tig Notaro, Mike Judge, Michaela Watkins, J.K. Simmons, Sarah Silverman, Nikki Glaser, Myq Kaplan, and many more... Her role is pretty minor, but the film itself is great. It's making the festival rounds right now, but sounds like they have a distributor set up for the new year.

Edited by Traveller519