Type keyword(s) to search

Sisters Doin' For Themselves: Braxtons in the Media

My goodness that all looks very dramatic.  I'm surprised they are actually getting a divorce this time.  Can't wait to hear all the new secret stuff Gabe has been doing, cause his ass has always been super shady.

I'm loving Trina's short 'do!

That promo pic of them in the satin sheets looks nothing like any of them!

• Love 1

So ladies, I have a question.  Tamar was on her show and they were talking about what to do if your mom doesn't like your significant other.

Tam says that someone asked Evelyn for the daughter's hand in marriage and Evelyn said NOPE!  Then he went to their father, got the OK, and they got married.

So the girls asked why Evelyn said no, and Tamar says it had something to do with outside children....Who has step-kids?!  I've been thinking about this for at least a week and cannot come up with anybody who fits the bill.

• Love 2

So ladies, I have a question. Tamar was on her show and they were talking about what to do if your mom doesn't like your significant other.

Tam says that someone asked Evelyn for the daughter's hand in marriage and Evelyn said NOPE! Then he went to their father, got the OK, and they got married.

So the girls asked why Evelyn said no, and Tamar says it had something to do with outside children....Who has step-kids?! I've been thinking about this for at least a week and cannot come up with anybody who fits the bill.

Hmm...innneresting... Well, the only step-kid situation that we know about is Trina & her 2 boys. Did Tamar indicate that it was the man who had the "outside kids?" Maybe Evelyn had reservations about Gabe's ability to raise Trina's boys? We don't know much about Gabe's relationships with the boys, but the whole "get out of the house in five days" situation was terrible!

I watched the Braxton sisters a few hours ago on Celebrity Family Feud.    That show has gotten quite trashy over the years.    I have to say I wasn't surprised by the order of the sisters, with Toni being the head and Tamar being 2nd with Traci bringing the rear.     Towanda seemed to really be trying to be extra with all the posing and strutting she was doing and acting like she was the smartest Braxton in the room but loved that Tamar wound up being the one that saved the day with them winning the match and ultimately winning the charity money.   Plus she twice gave answers Mr. Harvey just knew weren't up there but wound up being.    I wonder if it'll air on a future BFV episode.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't watch the Braxton Family reality show either, but from what I saw on Celeb Family Feud, I don't want to see any more of them.  All that hair-tossing and lip-smacking and posing and strutting (cough**Tamar and Towanda** cough cough) was embarrassing.  Other than Toni, they seem like a charmless bunch, and ALL of them looked like they applied their makekup with a trowel instead of a brush.  They were insufferable. Meeting them was not a pleasant experience.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 2

It's the same pic from the last BFV promos, that whole, "Everybody has something to hide" thing they had going."

They're doing 2 BFV specials in the next coming weeks. Apparently only with the middle sisters.  No thanks, boo! 

So I just previewed their Xmas album on iTunes and it was not impressive. It's essentially a Toni Chrismas album with the other sisters doing background vocals. The harmonizing was on point but it felt very rushed. Why did they have to rush to record it? That made no sense, and you can tell in the results. After listening to this wannabe Christmas album, I went to re-listen to Tamar's 2012 & Toni's original 2001 Christmas albums. This compared to either of those 2 is a sad imitation. Toni must have gotten the bug in her mind to be for her benefit because it didn't showcase anyone else. Only had 8 songs, and it was a Toni album with the sisters all in the background. Nothing special at all.

• Love 1

I heard. It's weird too , mostly because it seems like if they wanted to get rid of her, right after her health issues would have been the time. OR during the summer hiatus. The timing is super suspect.

I hope they just leave it with the four girls. Any replacement is going to be under so much scrutiny...

• Love 1
(edited)

I read on another gossip site that she unfollowed all the ladies on the show except Tamara.

This is weird because I always thought of her as the star of the show. It seemed like the other hosts looked to her for approval. She would always walk out holding Loni Loves' hand---I thought because LL was uncomfortable dancing & she was being supportive. Adriane hung on her every word.  I thought she butted heads the most with Tamara, but they spent time together outside of the show.

When she was absent from the show during her illness, it was soo dry! It was unwatchable to me. Tamar is like a wonderful spice though, a little goes a long way.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

I couldn't find The Real  forum either. So glad Happytobehere  started this thread. Watching episodes of The Real  since the news broke. The girls all seem so happy with one another. It's sad & scary. How can good relationships go bad so fast?

I'm not on social media. Have the other girls said anything?

I stopped watching The Real during Tamar's absence because the show sucked without her. Also, I couldn't stand to hear the 3 loudmouths anymore (esp. Jeannie)...always trying to get in the last word.

Assuming it's one of the loudmouths, my guess would be Loni (as moderator) because I doubt the other two shouters have much clout. Who really knows. Maybe when Tamar was gone, they liked that she wasn't there to grab attention. That's the problem with fake friends on TV.  The View is the perfect example. Barbara used to swear everyone liked one another when the truth is they barely tolerated each other.

• Love 1

It's interesting, because Tamar has unfriended Loni and Jeannie from social media. I hear different things about Adrienne's status, and she's definitely still friends with Tamera.

Her assistant(I think he is....he's the guy Traci said tried to fight her that one time) said on Friday production asked for Tamar's schedule during the off season and she had just completed Season 3 photo shoots, so this is definitely a shock to think.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:39 PM, Happytobehere said:

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:53 AM, NowVoyager said:

I read on another gossip site that she unfollowed all the ladies on the show except Tamara.

This is weird because I always thought of her as the star of the show. It seemed like the other hosts looked to her for approval. She would always walk out holding Loni Loves' hand---I thought because LL was uncomfortable dancing & she was being supportive. Adriane hung on her every word.  I thought she butted heads the most with Tamara, but they spent time together outside of the show.

When she was absent from the show during her illness, it was soo dry! It was unwatchable to me. Tamar is like a wonderful spice though, a little goes a long way.

1 hour ago, Watermelon said:

It's interesting, because Tamar has unfriended Loni and Jeannie from social media. I hear different things about Adrienne's status, and she's definitely still friends with Tamera.

Her assistant(I think he is....he's the guy Traci said tried to fight her that one time) said on Friday production asked for Tamar's schedule during the off season and she had just completed Season 3 photo shoots, so this is definitely a shock to think.

I follow Tamar on Instagram and on Saturday she posted a very long message that said she had been backstabbed by someone she trusted and that she was removing herself from social media for a while.  She hasn't posted anything since.  Once I saw that, I also tried to go to The Real forum (there definitely was one, so I'm not sure if it got deleted somehow during the transition) to see if there was anything related to the show.  And I guess it was show-related after that article.  I'm surprised, because the ladies all seemed to develop genuine friendships over the past 2 years.  I know that in particular, Tamar and Adrienne and Tamar and Tamara are super close and spend a lot of time together outside of the show.  She also seemed to have a good friendship with Loni.  Tamar usually doesn't say much about Jeanie at all (who I think is so fake and tries waaaaay to hard to be popular, included, and down).  So it's interesting to hear that she unfriended the last 2.  Knowing Tamar, she'll spill the beans when she's ready.  She's not very good at keeping her opinions to herself. 

Also, I found it really hilarious and sad that as soon as Tamar posted this on instagram her fans immediately went onto the page of her vocal coach/pastor friend's (I think his name is Lashawn - the real homophobic one) wife and proceeded to cuss her out and threaten her life, because they assumed from what little was written that she was perpetrator.  Don't these people have lives! 

• Love 1

Damn is right!  Tamar IS high maintenance, and she tends to always act 'over the top', and naturally the baby of the family is spoiled, so.....I guess we'll just have to wait until Tamar is ready to tell her side of the story.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Damn is right!  Tamar IS high maintenance, and she tends to always act 'over the top', and naturally the baby of the family is spoiled, so.....I guess we'll just have to wait until Tamar is ready to tell her side of the story.

My thing is, though....That's how she's been for as long as she was on TV. They knew this before they hired her. They knew this after the test run. How did she get to the end of Season 2 before focus groups decided they didn't like her? Especially since she's calmed down a LOT since season 1.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Watermelon said:

My thing is, though....That's how she's been for as long as she was on TV. They knew this before they hired her. They knew this after the test run. How did she get to the end of Season 2 before focus groups decided they didn't like her? Especially since she's calmed down a LOT since season 1.

Totally agree. Apparently someone got their knickers in a twist. It will be interesting to see what (if anything) gets revealed.

I read something about how Tamar overreacted to a loss during Pinterest Wars and starting cursing behinds the scenes while Pinterest executives were there....Which is actually unacceptable, but still!

It couldn't have been recently, so how did yall set up The Real goes to Essence Fest, and the season 3 photoshoots knowing yall didn't want her back? It's just so....fake. 

• Love 1

Yeah from all the stories that are coming out and that I can piece together.  Apparently Tamar has been showcasing some Diva antics for a little while now.  It seems like TPTB have been either putting up with it or sort of paying it no mind for the most part.  It seems like things came to a head during the mentioned "game" they did on the show that was sponsored by Pinterest.  Tamar supposedly threw a fit and got into a screaming match with one of the new executive producers (this is supposedly the woman who Tamar says stabbed her in the back).  This all happened in front of the Pinterest executives.  This was apparently the straw that broke the camels back.

Also while Tamar was sick and took a leave of absence the show realized that their ratings stayed up and that the set was more peaceful and quiet.  Now I don't think that the TPTB planned on firing Tamar considering she had shot Season 3 promos and was attending the Essence fest with the rest of the women.  It seems like the altercation that happened while Pinterest was there was what pushed them over the edge.

• Love 3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3845628/Toni-Braxton-takes-stage-Chicago-s-released-hospital-latest-Lupus-flare-up.html?ito=email_share_mobile-masthead

I'm concerned this tour might be too much for her.....

It's a tough choice because, from what I understand about the music industry, the real money's in the touring. Meanwhile, you know, babygirl's got bills.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, NowVoyager said:

tonibraxtonbirdman-500x554.jpg.8848003a5d739429ac241099e752ad44.jpg

The happy couple.

I never would've put the two of them together, but if they make each other happy, it's cool. Birdman was on The Wendy Williams Show a few days ago and handled her tacky questions well.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

There's a Samsung Galaxy S9 commercial currently airing with music that sounds a lot like Trina's "If You Didn't Come To Party Then You Better Stay Home." Hm, let's try this link: https://ispot.tv/a/whbW 

Hear it? Anyway, hope Trina's getting paid!

I hear it!  

I rewatched the video: 

I loved Trina's pop music!

• Love 1