Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Boob-Watch

OnceSane

Nicole Eggert wants smaller breasts after her last surgeon went too big; Terry tries to reconstruct a woman who survived a flesh-eating bacteria; and an international flight attendant meets with the doctors.

I felt bad for Katina; to lose all that weight and then get two horrible necrosis wounds?  And, if what she said was accurate (and I do realize this is E and should be taken with a dump truck full of salt), the first doctor should have been sued for malpractice.  Something was terribly hinky if she walked away from that surgery with two holes in her abdomen and had to deal with them for 1.5 years.  But the end result?  I don't think she could have asked for a better result aesthetically, with the belly button.  I think she looks great, but she should put her husband on the same diet she went on.

To be totally gross, I wanted more information on how "belly button cheese" could live inside a body and not cause complications and what it is exactly made of.

Nicole seemed fairly normal, like any 40s woman with boob sag (I'm right there with her, minus the children and implant history).  The Ken Doll dude should hook up with the Beiber wannabe from last season because they both look like spawn of the Cat Lady.

• Love 2

I felt bad for Katina; to lose all that weight and then get two horrible necrosis wounds?  And, if what she said was accurate (and I do realize this is E and should be taken with a dump truck full of salt), the first doctor should have been sued for malpractice.  Something was terribly hinky if she walked away from that surgery with two holes in her abdomen and had to deal with them for 1.5 years.  But the end result?  I don't think she could have asked for a better result aesthetically, with the belly button.  I think she looks great, but she should put her husband on the same diet she went on.

Yeah, I get that they can't talk about any pending lawsuits, but if her story checked out, I hope she sued as well.  For her doctor to act as if necrosis was some no big deal type of infection and send Katina on her way was beyond negligent.

I think surgeons are the closest anyone can get to being a God. Terry should feel proud of himself for what he achieved with her surgery.  Katina needs to send him a thank you card.

• Love 1

Katina was wearing a bikini before her surgery. She needed a breast reduction (and lift that usually goes along with it); that would have helped her look thinner if that's what she was after. If she was having neck pain (didn't she say?), smaller breasts would help alleviate it.

Nicole Eggert is delusional. She's didn't look too far from my size, and I'm just bordering "plus-size". Her scenes were shot non-chronologically because she'd had filler put in her upper lip before the surgery (you can see it in her "before" picture, but when she was there for her consultation, her lip was less full.

Rodrigo looks like a murderous ventriloquist's dummy. Do airline attendants make some kind of outrageous salary?

• Love 6

Katina was wearing a bikini before her surgery. She needed a breast reduction (and lift that usually goes along with it); that would have helped her look thinner if that's what she was after. If she was having neck pain (didn't she say?), smaller breasts would help alleviate it.

Nicole Eggert is delusional. She's didn't look too far from my size, and I'm just bordering "plus-size". Her scenes were shot non-chronologically because she'd had filler put in her upper lip before the surgery (you can see it in her "before" picture, but when she was there for her consultation, her lip was less full.

Rodrigo looks like a murderous ventriloquist's dummy. Do airline attendants make some kind of outrageous salary?

Kudos to Katina for losing weight the old-fashioned way and not with a quick fix. I agree my back hurt just seeing the size of her breasts. I am glad they were able to help her, she deserved to feel good about what she accomplished.

Rodrigo was so freaky looking, serious nightmare fuel. He looks like a wax museum figure that has come to life and started talking.

I think Nicole looked better with smaller breasts. I hope she does follow through on her exercising and getting healthy goal. I know it can be hard to exercise when your are top heavy, but I feel like she was using that as an excuse. It seemed like she was hoping her body would magically shrink back to her "Baywatch" figure when she got the reduction.

• Love 2

His head was HUGE in relation to the rest of his body.  The pictures actually looked like someone pasted a huge head on a little body. As far as his eyes, I used to work with someone who wore those freaky contact lenses.  It made it hard to tell if they were really looking you in the eye.  Creepy!!!

Watching Nicole Eggert running down the beach in a red tshirt and jean shorts was just the saddest thing ever to me. Like, Uncle Rico "coach should have put me in" style. Move on, Nicole Eggert! You're still gorgeous even if you're not still 22 and stick thin! Though I suppose being on Baywatch was enough to give anyone body image issues.

My comments:

• Did Katina have overinflated funbags installed? I wonder why she didn't sue the quack, unless it's pending or was part of the settlement. Why is these people have tattoos and bad hair?
  • Rodrigo looked like a circus freak! As with the other kooks on this show, he probably had some mental issues. I cannot imagine bathing in milk, coconut juice, and rose petals would smell very good by the end of the day
  • As with most participants on this show, I was incredulous about Nicole Eggert's claim that her doctor gave her double-D's without her permission. When she mentioned she wasd a previous patient of Dr. Dubrow, his reaction made me wonder if it was he who gave her those funbags.

To be totally gross, I wanted more information on how "belly button cheese" could live inside a body and not cause complications and what it is exactly made of.

From a show recap:

The liquid cheese turned out to be belly button cheese – that is, bacteria found in the navel – which meant that Katina's actual belly button was still there! Indeed, the doctors found a remnant of the old indentation and used it to build a new one.

Her belly button wasn't getting cleanrd.

Uncircumcused men who don't clean under their foreskin get a dead skin, oil, bacteria,  smelly buildup called smegma.

It's been called 'dick cheese'

Edited by sheetmoss
Rodrigo was so freaky looking, serious nightmare fuel. He looks like a wax museum figure that has come to life and started talking.

I could not believe he was real.  He looked like a plastic doll, scary.  I think it's important to see people like Rodrigo because it shows just how far people will go to look "perfect."  

I can't pretend I don't enjoy the Rodrigos on this this show - every week they have one of these aspiring Jocelyn Wildensteins and then refuse to contribute to their body dysmorphic disorder.  That's got to be a good thing even though it panders to our desire (well, MY desire) to see the plastic surgery disaster addicts.

I was surprised that they were able to do so much for Katina - those were great results. I still don't understand why something similar couldn't have been done for Rajee (the transwoman from last week with the awful black market fillers) - why would Rajee's case involve a greater risk of tissue death and necrosis?

I do think Nicole was improved with the smaller tits.  Overall she looked more than fine other than no longer really having a waist.

Her saying her shirts were "popping open"? Yeah, the solution to that is to buy shirts in your actual size, not ones that are too small. I mean, I sympathize as a very well-endowed woman, as there's no way I'm fitting into a small, and neither is she.

• Love 1

I think she had a hard time thinking of herself as a "well-endowed" woman since she had not been for most of her life and wasn't used to choosing her clothes with that in mind.  That seems different to me than someone who can't accept that they have aged and no longer have their 25 year old body (although she seemed to have a BIT of that as well).  Maybe there was some question of a loss of sensation as well, that she couldn't feel that the dress had come open?

Edited by ratgirlagogo

Since she'd had four(?) breast surgeries, I'm sure there was loss of sensation, a.k.a., nerve damage. I have a spot under the right side of my bottom lip that has no feeling from only having my wisdom teeth cut out. If you cut into skin/muscles/tissue, nerves get cut, too.

I think Nicole is full of crap.   I don't think she got DD's against her will, and I don't think having big boobs was preventing her from losing weight.  She's an excuse maker.   Isn't it better to lose weight, THEN get a reduction/lift? 

Terry is a putz, but that was some fine corrective surgery.

Yes, why do so many of them have shitty tattoos and haystack hair?  Why spend money on cosmetic surgery and neglect your hair and skin? 

That weird little man fascinated me.   Creepy, but probably fun to have a drink with to hear all his "international man" stories. 

From a show recap:

Her belly button wasn't getting cleanrd.

Uncircumcused men who don't clean under their foreskin get a dead skin, oil, bacteria,  smelly buildup called smegma.

It's been called 'dick cheese'

I was able to look at all the pics of necrosis just fine but your description of dick cheese literally made me gag, LOL

Anyway, Dr Dubrow was amazing. Katina was seriously disfigured and he made her look so normal!!! Good work doc

Rodrigo looked like one of those little Pop! dolls. He was pudgy in his pictures as a teen, but now his body looks too small, and his head - especially with his filled-to-nearly-bursting face, looks to big for his body.