Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

Ill tell ya... if nothing else Sherri sure is popular.... just look at these stats

Sherri thread 2126 replies and 86,207 views

All Episodes 1312 replies and 68,292 views

Future hosts 540 replies and 20,505

No other thread is even close  one is just barely over 300 replies

"Sherri thread 2126 replies and 86,207 views

All Episodes 1312 replies and 68,292 views

Future hosts 540 replies and 20,505

No other thread is even close  one is just barely over 300 replies"

Roger, I personally believe that the amount of posts regarding the hosts is directly proportional to the amount of stupid things coming out of the host's mouth.

• Love 10

I think Roger that a lot of the post are based on incredulity that someone chooses to live their life this way - public, stories that are exaggerated, and publicizing their children.

Most of us were not raised nor do we live our lives this way.

I think this is the disconnect that leads to the number of comments.

We don't all always agree with Whoopi and the way she lives her life, but I believe we respect her privacy and her good sense about privacy.

Sherri has cast herself in the same "celebrity" realm that contains Hilton and Kartrashians - none of us on this site particularly understand or appreciate that type of celebrity.  It makes a whole lot of money and it ruins a few people - I look to the little kartrashians - they don't have a chance.  By the time they get to actual legal age where their activities can be publicized - the day is done.

Sherri has not been as trashy as they have been, but she is out there in the "anything for a tv moment" believing that it will keep her employed.  Perhaps it will, I don't know.  But she is so desperate and sad and grasping for any attention.......

I feel sad for her at the same time that I just want to smack her.......so I read this instead.

• Love 8

Should I worry?  Should we worry?  Is Sherri the glue that held us together?  Now that she's gone I wake up hearing birds chirp and see butterflies floating around my yard. I look forward to the day and wonder what information I'll find in the newspaper.  I'm happy with everything I see in the refrigerator.  The house is clean; the laundry is done.  I'm thinking of looking for more volunteer work.  "A dream is a wish your heart makes...when you're fast asleep."   I am beautiful.  I am loved.  Are you all feeling this same odd euphoria?

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 10

I'll post it because no one else has- Yesterday she tweeted:

Yes!!! Back in the City of NYC... I am on my way to @zumba - it's been too long, and the stretch is screaming my name! #fitness #health

that's all  I got!

How odd - I always thought NYC was New York City, located in the state of NY.

But her tweets are often not clear to me....did she move back to NYC from NJ or is she going to commute from NJ to Rumba classes, ie....and hasn't been in NYC for a while?

• Love 3

Should I worry?  Should we worry?  Is Sherri the glue that held us together?  Now that she's gone I wake up hearing birds chirp and see butterflies floating around my yard. I look forward to the day and wonder what information I'll find in the newspaper.  I'm happy with everything I see in the refrigerator.  The house is clean; the laundry is done.  I'm thinking of looking for more volunteer work.  "A dream is a wish your heart makes...when you're fast asleep."   I am beautiful.  I am loved.  Are you all feeling this same odd euphoria?

OMG Former Nun, when I die from laughing at this post, my heirs have been instructed to invite you to the funeral.  It will be an EPIC Irish wake!

Funniest thing I have read or seen in a long, long time.

Thank you and good night all!

• Love 3

Hmmm well let's see....the other day LJ hadn't pooped and Sal decided to share that on Twitter.

Sherri re-tweeted this (the bold is her response, the first part is someone else's tweet)

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   Aug 19   

RT @bevysmith:  I don't have baby fever, I have no clock for marriage,don't need financial support, I HAVE OPTIONS, like a MAN! GO MAMA!

I was actually surprised there weren't some nasty responses. But, Sherri does delete so who knows.

• Love 2

I was actually surprised there weren't some nasty responses. But, Sherri does delete so who knows.

Yes I know!  She deleted my comment about her choice of clothes (in Atlanta) on her Facebook page (which she just up-dated after about three months of no activity)!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow

I am going to miss Sherri - more in a WTH kind of way since she rarely makes sense to me - ie her love for Jeffrey, desperation for a huzzban, a drama free uterus (and I am sure she went through painful procedures to get to that point) and...now she she doesn't "have baby fever" after discarding her contractual responsibility (seemingly) for LJ.

• Love 4

Hilarious, former nun!   I do feel lighter and not so angry.  Looking forward to Rosie. 

Should we lay bets on the how long it takes before Rosie says something  controversial which ends up on FauxNews?   Or bets on when Rosie and Whoops disagree about an issue and "argue"--either intelligently or with palpable rancor, (insisting the next day that they are still friends). 

• Love 3

Hilarious, former nun!   I do feel lighter and not so angry.  Looking forward to Rosie. 

Should we lay bets on the how long it takes before Rosie says something  controversial which ends up on FauxNews?   Or bets on when Rosie and Whoops disagree about an issue and "argue"--either intelligently or with palpable rancor, (insisting the next day that they are still friends). 

My bet is that it happens (either scenario) on a Thursday show................

• Love 5

RT @bevysmith: I know what SETTLING LOOKS LIKE, it's UGLY, I mean we're all living to be 150, settling now means a century of UGH. AND BOOM!

Oh so now Sherri is implying she "settled" for Sal.  Funny how she is trying to rewrite history. 

Maybe she is reflecting on her past marriages and seeing that she didn't make the best decisions.  But this is Sherri we are dealing with so......

Won't be surprised to see her walk down the aisle a third time if there is a willing man out there somewhere.

• Love 6

When nobody posted about Sherri looking for a Zumba class, I thought maybe all my friends here had been silenced by zombies or something.  I just didn't have time yesterday.

City of New York City.  Bless her heart - yes, in that sarcastic Southern way - hee.

I do remember Sherri talking about Sal not being the type man she was attracted to, but he was good to Jeffrey, blah, blah, blah.  I guess part of his act, too.

• Love 1

I do remember Sherri talking about Sal not being the type man she was attracted to, but he was good to Jeffrey, blah, blah, blah.  I guess part of his act, too.

Puhleez, Sherri might have said that but I don't believe for one minute Sal wasn't her "type". First of all, she was always talking about how big and strong he was.  Like he was some big macho man or something.  But as far as I could tell he was a big lump who didn't do much of anything.  And secondly, she made no bones about the fact she wanted a husband and the only thing she was interested in was his FICO score.  Yeah right.  Guess she either forgot to check Sal's.

• Love 1

The other day, they showed the re-run of the New Edition episode. When the hosts came out, Sherri was bopping along and when she got to her seat, she continued dancing in her chair. It lasted maybe 10-15 seconds. After that, Sherri was so winded she was panting and trying to get herself together and Jenny commented on it. How on earth does she do a Zumba class when 15 seconds of waving her arms makes her too out of breath to speak?

Edited by marny
  • Love 7

If this crazy bitch doesn't leave the show soon, I may go thru the TV screen and shut her up myself. Along with her mouth moving nonstop, she has those crazy hand gestures that move with every word. I've decided that my dislike for her is right up there on a Kate Gosselin level and that, folks, is about as bad as it gets.

Disclaimer: Yes, I am forced to watch this everyday because I sit with an old lady who only has one TV and refuses to watch anything else. :-(

OT: Jenny M. just pronounced "risqué" like "risky". And she's co-hosting a talk show. This show has jumped the shark.

• Love 4
Puhleez, Sherri might have said that but I don't believe for one minute Sal wasn't her "type".

He was a male, wasn't he?  Type enough as far as I could tell.    Oh, wait...Chocolate Thunder--that's what she means, right?   Too bad we can't watch her daily foraging for Mr. Right--now that she knows she must stick with her type and the FICO info.

Oh so now Sherri is implying she "settled" for Sal.  Funny how she is trying to rewrite history.

Ohhhhh....now that she's no longer fat* she's definitely entitled to the Cream of the Crop!

*I have been granted authority to use that word because I AM fat!

• Love 1

Just saw this on Sherri's Twitter page.   Isn't it the same thing many of us have said on these forums?   We just didn't know the correct term!

@SherriEShepherd Sherri you are an ASKHOLE, U constantly say u ask your friends for advice, BUT U never follow the advice

• Love 3

..... & here she quotes Oprah:

"Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet."

A very accurate depiction of Sherri's modus operandi!!

If God has been guiding her the past few years then I'm going to say he is giving her lousy directions.

• Love 4

Haha, susieq147.  Sherri's problem seems like she's been thinking that HER plan is God's plan.  With how hot to trot she is and wanting a huzzbin so bad, I kinda doubt she was spending all that much time praying to know God's will.  Just based on my observations of Sherri's soap.  I could be wrong. /sarcasm

• Love 4

I always thought a big part of Sherri's problem was that she listened to that nitwit Neicy Nash about Sal rather than her own gut.  I can't recall now where it was talked about, but Sherri said part of the advice Neicy gave her was something like "put aside what YOU want and go with what you need" or some such tripe… in other words, don't go for a man you are sexually or otherwise attracted to, but go for a guy that fits a certain bill:  you need a man to be Jeffrey's dad, you need a man to support your career, etc etc and find a man any man that will meet THOSE needs and never mind if you're not really madly in love.  Compromise and marry anyone.  And she STILL picked wrong!

• Love 3

I always thought a big part of Sherri's problem was that she listened to that nitwit Neicy Nash about Sal rather than her own gut.  I can't recall now where it was talked about, but Sherri said part of the advice Neicy gave her was something like "put aside what YOU want and go with what you need" or some such tripe… in other words, don't go for a man you are sexually or otherwise attracted to, but go for a guy that fits a certain bill:  you need a man to be Jeffrey's dad, you need a man to support your career, etc etc and find a man any man that will meet THOSE needs and never mind if you're not really madly in love.  Compromise and marry anyone.  And she STILL picked wrong!

What always bugged me about the "Jeffrey needed a father" refrain is Jeffrey has a father!!!!  Did he need a father in his house 24/7?  In perfect world sure.  But millions of children have fathers that share custody with mothers.  I have never bought the argument that Sherri was looking for a man to be a father to Jeffrey.  I think Sherri was looking for a husband.  And maybe she was looking for someone who had a more stable career and income than Sal and her friend Neicy talked her into Sal because let's face it, there weren't any other options at that time.

• Love 5

I started to watch today's rerun show cuz' I think I missed it earlier, but I just could not stand to see Sherri's teeth and handwaving again.  Just not worth it.  Maybe we can watch how Sherri desperately tries to stay relevant in the entertainment biz. 

Oh, I also stopped into a Zumba class last week, and it was really fun and heart-racing.  I only stayed a half hour, so I doubt very much Sherri ever did any Zumba regularly. 

• Love 4

What always bugged me about the "Jeffrey needed a father" refrain is Jeffrey has a father!!!!  Did he need a father in his house 24/7?  In perfect world sure.  But millions of children have fathers that share custody with mothers.  I have never bought the argument that Sherri was looking for a man to be a father to Jeffrey.  I think Sherri was looking for a husband.  And maybe she was looking for someone who had a more stable career and income than Sal and her friend Neicy talked her into Sal because let's face it, there weren't any other options at that time.

I guess I was thinking about the irony of someone who seems never to take advice finally taking advice and of course picking the absolute worst piece to follow.  Clearly other people around her (BaWa for one) seemed to see he was a bad choice for her.  Still, ultimately, it was her life, her choice and her consequences to own.

• Love 3

I think Sherri only takes advice that corresponds with what she is already wanting to do.  She might want to try to spin it as her friend talked her into giving Sal a chance but come one, for all we know maybe Sal wasn't even interested and Sherri pursued him.

Still, ultimately, it was her life, her choice and her consequences to own.

As far as I can tell Sherri has NEVER owned any of the wrong choices she has made.  And from where I sit she has made quite a few in the past few  years.  As have I.  Everyone makes mistakes, That is what makes us human.  But most of us learn from our mistakes and grow as human beings.  Sherri, on the other hand, seems to repeat the same ones.  Her first marriage ended with messy baby drama.  Her second marriage ended with messy baby drama.  Her first husband sued her for support.  Her second husband is suing her for support.  I'm sensing a pattern here.  You know there is that saying, "no one can take advantage of you if you don't let them."  Sherri might be dumb as a stump but you would think after husband # walked away with a chunk of her money she would have made sure husband #2 wouldn't be able do that.  But the fact that he  is trying to tells me there is a good chance he will.

• Love 4

I think the exact phrasing of Niecy's great advice to Sherri (which Sherri repeated on several occasions, each time making me want to pull my hair out): "Date for your priorities, not for your preferences." Argh!

I mean, on one hand, you gotta find a partner who's going to be compatible with what you're bringing with the relationship. A single parent shouldn't marry a new spouse who doesn't want kids in their life. But the way Sherri always explained Niecy's advice, it was a directive to find a spouse who fulfill some need, regardless of what else they brought to the table. And as Sherri saw it, correctly or not, it was a omnipresent father figure for Jeffrey that was her need.

And IIRC, Sal put on a good game for a while. I remember Sherri kvelling before they were married how Sal brought up, on his own, that he wanted to take Jeffrey trick or treating. And the photos she posted on her Twitter of Sal helping J with his homework etc. I also think she made some big deal about Sal asking Jeffrey if he could marry his mom before he proposed to Sherri.

It will be interesting if we learn as these proceedings progress how sincere these gestures were, or whether they were part of some long con. If a long con, well, there should be some sort of karmic retribution for exploiting the insecurities of a single mom of a special needs child.

• Love 6

It will be interesting if we learn as these proceedings progress how sincere these gestures were, or whether they were part of some long con. If a long con, well, there should be some sort of karmic retribution for exploiting the insecurities of a single mom of a special needs child.

Well since Sal was adamant about having his own son I'm going to say he was playing Sherri from the start.  And the fact that Sherri would talk about Sal wanting to have a boy like there was nothing wrong with that considering he already had a boy made me question her priorities.   Did her wanting to please her husband so much make her that blind that she couldn't see what was right in front of her face?

• Love 8

I also think she made some big deal about Sal asking Jeffrey if he could marry his mom before he proposed to Sherri.

I recall Sal  giving Jeffrey a Wii game, or something like that when he asked.

(edited)

I recall Sal  giving Jeffrey a Wii game, or something like that when he asked.

Like a burglar throwing a steak to LexiCaneCorso before robbing the joint!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 7
I think the exact phrasing of Niecy's great advice to Sherri (which Sherri repeated on several occasions, each time making me want to pull my hair out): "Date for your priorities, not for your preferences." Argh!

the thing is -  that is actually good advice, if you don't twist it to mean something else.  To me, it's directed at women who are looking for a certain physical type -  tall, blue eyes, dresses a certain way, drives a certain kind of car.  It just means to look past the superficial physical "type"  and consider a guy's personality and character as more important.  

Sherri really didn't get it, because she always described Sal in terms of his height and weight, not in terms of his character.  

Sherri used to "feel"  protected by Sal, even when he wasn't around.   remember how when a man accidentally got into her car, and she freaked out thinking she was going to be robbed, kidnapped and raped -  she was calling her ' 6 foot 4, 200 and whatever pound husband'  to come and beat the guy up.   He wasn't even THERE, and she was feeling protected by his size. 

Date for your priorities means to not overlook a guy who might be short, or balding, or nerdy, if he's a decent, moral guy who has the qualities you need in a partner in the long run.  Sherri kind of used it to latch on to a guy who fit in with her group of friends.  I think her "priority"  was just to find a man.  

• Love 9

I really don't think the central issue is that Sherri took Niecy's advice.

The way I see it, her BFF Niecy Nash landed herself a huzzzbin, had a big wedding, and even a teevee wedding special. Sherri wanted the same and followed suit on all three counts right behind Niecy:

Niecy Nash - Wikipedia:

Personal life[edit]
Nash was married for 13 years to Don Nash, an ordained minister, before filing for divorce in June 2007. They have three children; Dominic, Donielle, and Dia. [12][not in citation given]

Niecy Nash became engaged to Jay Tucker on September 7, 2010.[13] Nash participated in a TLC reality show that followed the preparations for the wedding.[14] Nash and Tucker were married on Saturday May 28, 2011 at the Church Estate Vineyard in Malibu.

Sherri Shepherd - Wikipedia:

Personal life[edit]
In 2001, Shepherd married comedian Jeff Tarpley (also referred to as Jeff T. Aware). Their only child, Jeffrey, was born in April 2005.[3]
(snip)
The couple separated in 2006 and divorced in 2009 after she discovered Tarpley was having an affair, an event that inspired her sitcom Sherri.[10]

Shepherd became engaged on December 26, 2010, to TV writer Lamar Sally, whom she had been seeing for over a year. They were wed on August 13, 2011, at the Fairmont Hotel in Chicago, Illinois.[19]

Television[edit]
2011 Neicy Nash Wedding Bash Herself 

2011 Wedding Fabulous: Sherri Shepherd Gets Married Herself

• Love 2

she was calling her ' 6 foot 4, 200 and whatever pound husband'  to come and beat the guy up.

I remember that. And I also remember Sal never left the house to rescue her.

She also appeared on Leno, I think it was, and said she used to be attracted to short men but they are all mean. Then she declared that she climbs her husband like a tree. Ok.

• Love 1

Sherri had a sitcom???????

Yes here's info: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/sherri

On that page there is something "so funny":

Dating Quizzes

Sherri tries to get back into the dating scene and move on with her life after kicking her cheating husband to the curb. Take our "Do You Date Smart" quiz and our "Are You Dating a Player" quiz to find out if your love life is making the grade.

And:

There was an app apparently for Sherri to rate your date!! "Let Sherri decide if he's worth it-take the quiz now". Oh my my.

• Love 2

There was one of the basketball players that Sherri talked about climbing, too.

Apparently Sherri's only priority was a male who she'd service, even if he was a mama's boy who'd never been married.  Yuck.  It obviously wasn't a man with a job - which normally is a priority.  There's no way she didn't know he had no career.  Just stupid.

If her priority had been Jeffrey, she should have just hired someone to hang with him.  That route would have been a lot cheaper than the one she chose. 

• Love 4

What I wonder is if Sherri has learned anything. She picked the wrong man. Millions of women do it though the ending is not such a spectacular public flameout as Sherri's.

I do not think she learns. She cannot be still and let it find her. By 2017, 19 I can totally see her introducing yet another one as her true love after knowing him for ten minutes.

• Love 2

I do not think she learns. She cannot be still and let it find her. By 2017, 19 I can totally see her introducing yet another one as her true love after knowing him for ten minutes

Sherri will always be on the prowl.  She thinks a woman's value is in having a man.  No matter how much a success a woman has if she is without a man she is seen as a failure.  Sherri has said enough over the years to make me believe that is always her priority. To be a wife. 

I honestly think she would rather continue to have failed marriages than be alone.  She needs to start thinking about Jeffrey.  She can be a mother without having a father there with her.  Millions of women do it every day.  And if she thinks it's absolutely necessary for Jeffrey to be in a two parent home then let Jeff have custody.  Isn't he married to the woman he fathered a child with while married to Sherri?

• Love 4