Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

I don't know if it is true or not, but something caused Sherri to just stop mid-stream and get the hell out.  It had to be something drastic I think, because her #christianity, #Jesuswillworkitout, would have had her go to pastoral counseling to try to work it out.  Or did Sal file for separation first and then Sherri filed for divorce?  I'm getting confused.  I know there was allleged cheating on Sal's part, but by now cheating should be old hat for Sherri.

Sal filed for separation first then Sherri filed for divorce..... the alleged cheating was speculation and no evidence was presented yet

Sherri's carnival story was the lead story on the show

• Love 4

Luckybitch, I agree.  I think Sherri went off on the carney worker and he probably told her to f- off.

Interesting that she didn't think about her reaction to the guy in front of Jeffrey also.  What does this teach Jeffrey?   Posters were right, she needs to teach Jeffrey more social skills esp. for bullies and idiots.  Drama Queen?  Hell yeah!   What gives her the right to go off on someone crazily, even if they were wrong. Misplaced anger mos def.  You posters qualify for psychology degrees. Too bad Sherri cannot even spell psychology.

Also, I WISH she would stop grinning as guests are talking.  Its so inappropriate unless it s a comedian/.enne. i hate  Sherri.

• Love 4

Luckybitch, I agree.  I think Sherri went off on the carney worker and he probably told her to f- off.

Interesting that she didn't think about her reaction to the guy in front of Jeffrey also.  What does this teach Jeffrey?   Posters were right, she needs to teach Jeffrey more social skills esp. for bullies and idiots.  Drama Queen?  Hell yeah!   What gives her the right to go off on someone crazily, even if they were wrong. Misplaced anger mos def.  You posters qualify for psychology degrees. Too bad Sherri cannot even spell psychology.

Also, I WISH she would stop grinning as guests are talking.  Its so inappropriate unless it s a comedian/.enne. i hate  Sherri.

The way the story was told on the show.... Jeffery and his cousin went on another ride when Sherri confronted the carnie

Please don't tell me that Sherri's "Get used to this next season" outbursts in response to Whoopi and SE Cupp arguing about praying was her way of saying SE Cupp has been hired for next season. I can't even. Just can't.

• Love 2
Also, I WISH she would stop grinning as guests are talking.

Tosia, that "grin" is always interesting.   She has one especially insincere grin pasted on her face while she tries to control her inner turmoil.  Possible thought processes:

• I hate this person.
  • Praise Jesus that this heathen will come to everlasting salvation in Jesus' Name, Amen.
  • When will this homosexual stop talking and let me save him?
  • I don't know what the hell these people are talking about.
  • Lord-a-Mercy, when is it MY turn to talk???
  • Love 8

Maybe I'm not understanding what happened, but if a stranger commented to one of my children (when they were Jeffrey's age) something like "You talk too much," I would have probably laughed it off and said something like, "well, you kinda do." 

ETA: I had four chatterboxes. 

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 8
Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  4h

@lena1893 then I left Jeffrey w my nephew & went and told the carney off. You don't tell a child he talks too much if you're not his parent

If I'm trying to do my job and it involves the public and machinery (as in a carnival ride, perhaps)...if I'm not a parent or a child psychologist...if a child keeps pestering me no matter how patient and kind I've been--if his mother is nowhere in sight to help me...I might just say MUCH MORE than, "Kid, you talk too much."

• Love 4

That "entertainment prescription" blurb is really odd. Amusingly they also misspelled her first name more than once.

On Twitter she is SherriEShepherd. They forgot to drop the "E" the rest of the time.

I'll watch later, but I'm surprised she repeated the story on the show. I guess she's proud of it? I don't know why.

• Love 2

Maybe I'm not understanding what happened, but if a stranger commented to one of my children (when they were Jeffrey's age) something like "You talk too much," I would have probably laughed it off and said something like, "well, you kinda do." 

Same here. As a bad mother, I told one of my daughters (around 6 years old, she's now 24) that she was breathing up all of the air. She was non-stop from the moment she woke until she went to bed. She was the soundest sleeper, though.

• Love 4

I'm inclined to believe Sherri is always going to be quick on the trigger of anger when someone says something to Jeffrey that is anything less than a compliment.  Her constant overreacting to any slight she feels thrown his way is not going to help him.  Was Jeffrey upset by what the man said?  Or did he just mention the man's remark?  Children follow their parent's lead. If Sherri reacts negatively to things then so will Jeffrey.

• Love 6

If I'm trying to do my job and it involves the public and machinery (as in a carnival ride, perhaps)...if I'm not a parent or a child psychologist...if a child keeps pestering me no matter how patient and kind I've been--if his mother is nowhere in sight to help me...I might just say MUCH MORE than, "Kid, you talk too much."

That was my thinking as well. My problem with her version of the story is that I have no problem believing that she would allow Jeffrey to pester and interfere with this guy for an extended period of time while he's trying to do his job. Even a patient soul might get a little frustrated with the child and try to *encourage* the kid to go away. She has a history of expecting others to indulge her child. The incident on a plane a few years ago where she allowed Jeffrey to run up and down the aisles incessantly talking to and disturbing other passengers while she snoozed comes to mind.

Edited by TribbleTrouble
  • Love 14

Please don't tell me that Sherri's "Get used to this next season" outbursts in response to Whoopi and SE Cupp arguing about praying was her way of saying SE Cupp has been hired for next season. I can't even. Just can't.

I noticed that also. I need to watch it again to hear exactly what she said. I did catch "next season" but not sure she said "get use to this". It is really the same thing and UGH if it is SE or SC whatever her name is. I can't even either!

• Love 1

LOL, I googled Sherri and there is an article in The Christian Post titled "SS Blasts Man on Twitter for Insulting Eldest" son. Unfortunately I couldn't access the article, however.

lol, eldest son!!

• Love 4

That was my thinking as well. My problem with her version of the story is that I have no problem believing that she would allow Jeffrey to pester and interfere with this guy for an extended period of time while he's trying to do his job. Even a patient soul might get a little frustrated with the child and try to *encourage* the kid to go away. She has a history of expecting others to indulge her child. The incident on a plane a few years ago where she allowed Jeffrey to run up and down the aisles incessantly talking to and disturbing other passengers while she snoozed comes to mind.

This, this, this.  Obviously Sherri thinks this story shows her in a positive light as a mother.  I think it shows her as an over-reacting psycho bitch.  Different strokes.  Damn, it's a carnival worker.  Does she know who she's dealing with here?  I hope that nephew that she sent Jeffrey off with is older than he is.

eta:  if this story is even true

Edited by CattyTiger
  • Love 5
BTW-  As a mother, I would never let my son have an unsupervised conversation with a carnival worker! What was Sherri thinking?

NO KIDDING!   Holy crap!  No offense to carnival workers, but there are a lot of transients, people with sketchy pasts, running those rides.   And, I'm sure, a lot of nice people as well.  

BUT-  What about the "don't talk to strangers" thing?   The worker was saying "you talk too much" - but the context may have been "I"m not supposed to be talking to a kid, I'll get in trouble"  OR  "I have a job to do, stop asking me questions, I can't talk to you and do my job at the same time."  (Carnival workers might look they are standing around, but they watch the rides, checking for safety problems).  

I have two sons.  They have had times when they talk too much.  My response would have been "Well, don't bother people when they have a job to do."  

But with Jeffrey -  all kinds of red flags are saying - special needs kids need to stay within your line of vision!   Teach that child that adults who don't know Mom, are not your friends! 

It's why some people take issue with the line "it takes a village to raise a child."   People like Sherri take that to mean that everyone else is responsible for parenting  MY  child according to MY wishes.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

This is funny too,

"Lamar was there during the birth of his son and a source (read: Lamar using a hospital pay phone because Sherri cut off his cell phone)

Soooooo if Sherri is not paying the ph bill......the man doesn't have a phone? Sherri got with a man who can't afford a monthly phone nut? Seriously?????

• Love 3

The way Sherri told the story (this is from memory) Jeffery and his cousin was getting on a ride, after the ride the cousin told Sherri that the carnie told him he talked too much. Then when they went to another ride, Sherri confronted the carnie..... and was made to apologize to Jeffery.

Sherri didn't hear what was said herself.... and it didn't seem Jeffery was effected by it at all. As usual though, we only have what Sherri said about it. Where is that carnival worker?? I bet he has a story too

• Love 3

"Soooooo if Sherri is not paying the ph bill......the man doesn't have a phone? Sherri got with a man who can't afford a monthly phone nut? Seriously?????"

You may be unfamiliar with Michael K at D-listed. I don't think this is actually the case, he was just being witty.

• Love 3

Can anyone decode this?

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 2h   

Go

Dgrb sbecbj

Me

Cxd. C.

Not a clue! Jeffrey has her phone?

ETA: I took a look and people are re-tweeting it. So, someone knows what it means?

Apparently he was at the show today. How nice to be there while his mother told "his" story.

Edited by ginger90

Well...bug-eyed Sherri was certainly Miss Bossypants today.  I know she loves to monopolize the conversation and get as much camera time for her perky self as possible...but today she's the self-appointed Moderator-Mediator-Explananonator--waving those arms and flipping those fingers.  I'm just going to assume (because I'M a comedian) that Sherri also approves and welcomes all praying groups to various shopping malls.  Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, Pentecostals (the snake-handling sect), etc.  Surely she doesn't intend for only Sherri-Approved Christians to have this benefit.  Also, SE Cupp might not mind if there's a prayer circle where she shops...but is there a limit to the number or size of these circles--or the amount of sound they generate? Think it through Sippy, think it through.  

Sherri's contribution to Whoopi's infomercial was vapid at best.

• Love 6

This Surly Carnie story reminds me so much of the time Sherri actually called NYPD because some creep was sending obnoxious racist messages to her on Twitter. Lots of screaming about being bullied, in danger, etc. Same misplaced self-righteousness and overreaction, a situation that had many possible responses, but she picked the most over the top (and probably least effective) one.

Jeez, is it so bad to be told you talk too much? And maybe the guy did it in a jokey way? We'll never know. I understand her desire to protect her cub from the meanness of the world, but come on.

• Love 5

EXACTLY. I was an ADHD girl back when there was not description or 'disorder' that was named and known. Things like this happened to me. I can remember my mom telling me that not everyone appreciated my chatter. It was a way for me to learn how I presented myself to the outside world and that when someone notices it, not to be surprised if they mention it. it helped me to recognize frustration that others could have with me and taught me to regulate my "back off" button.

• Love 7

The latest from Sal 

Day 1 of being a new dad.  I have to pass a new born baby test before I can take LJ home.  Feels like high school all over again.  LOL!

What the ????

• Love 1

The latest from Sal 

Day 1 of being a new dad.  I have to pass a new born baby test before I can take LJ home.  Feels like high school all over again.  LOL!

What the ????

Looks like he has removed all reference to LJ's arrival on his twitter account (glad you captured this tweet before deletion)

Wonder if it is his irrational fear (Lindbergh baby)- or a request from his legal team

• Love 1

Yes, awkward.  Sherri standing there in her bowed looking-like-a-maternity-dress looking at those baby clothes.

Damn, Sherri sitting there loudly continuing her praying over food prayer while Whoopi tried to talk.  It's one thing to not "hide your light under a bushel" but perhaps she needs to check her Bible for making a public show just to show what a Christian she is.  And also day before when she talked about looking like a gospel singer so therefore she can sing - or something like that.  Bless her little heart...

Edited by CattyTiger
  • Love 6

Looks like he has removed all reference to LJ's arrival on his twitter account (glad you captured this tweet before deletion)

All the baby tweets are still there.  Do you see them?

Well...bug-eyed Sherri was certainly Miss Bossypants today.  I know she loves to monopolize the conversation and get as much camera time for her perky self as possible...but today she's the self-appointed Moderator-Mediator-Explananonator--waving those arms and flipping those fingers.  I'm just going to assume (because I'M a comedian) that Sherri also approves and welcomes all praying groups to various shopping malls.  Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, Pentecostals (the snake-handling sect), etc.  Surely she doesn't intend for only Sherri-Approved Christians to have this benefit.  Also, SE Cupp might not mind if there's a prayer circle where she shops...but is there a limit to the number or size of these circles--or the amount of sound they generate? Think it through Sippy, think it through.  

Sherri's contribution to Whoopi's infomercial was vapid at best.

Thank goodness Christians seem to be the only ones who think prayer circles in malls are good ideas! I can't imagine Jews, Muslims, etc wanting to make such a spectacle.

• Love 2

I really hated the way she kept saying "carny." It's an insulting term for a carnival worker (I prefer "roustabout" or is that only in circuses?) and Sherri would be the first one to complain if someone used an old-fashioned, demeaning term to describe her. And yes, I think Jeffrey probably has an issue where he talks "too much" to strangers - she should be teaching him to moderate his conversations. It's a part of maturity I think he could try to learn.  

She is getting louder by the day. And so blatantly ignorant. I'm glad I'll never sit next to her at a table in a restaurant. I like soft music when I dine, not raucous prayers.

• Love 3

but perhaps she needs to check her Bible for making a public show just to show what a Christian she is

I've always found Sherri's Christian faith to be over the top. But of course I find everything about Sherri over the top.

• Love 5

I think Sherri's loudness and almost erratic outbursts are a symptom of all her personal drama.  It seems like everytime there's some big negative event in her personal life (or a TMZ story), she amps up the volume on the show.  Almost like a defense mechanism or a way to try to cover how upset she is.  I have to believe hearing the news about the birth of the child who she had once been happily planning with her husband, but now is not a part of her life, had to be a knife to the gut yesterday.  I'm not a fan of Sherri, and didn't enjoy her before all the recent drama, but I have to believe it's tough going in to work some days and having to plaster on a smile and pretend your personal life hasn't gone to hell.  I'm not sure how I would react, but being all loud and high energy and acting a fool is probably a better alternative than the nervous breakdown she could be having.

• Love 8

I really hated the way she kept saying "carny." It's an insulting term for a carnival worker (I prefer "roustabout" or is that only in circuses?) and Sherri would be the first one to complain if someone used an old-fashioned, demeaning term to describe her. And yes, I think Jeffrey probably has an issue where he talks "too much" to strangers - she should be teaching him to moderate his conversations. It's a part of maturity I think he could try to learn.  

She is getting louder by the day. And so blatantly ignorant. I'm glad I'll never sit next to her at a table in a restaurant. I like soft music when I dine, not raucous prayers.

I'm not sure when carnie/carny became insulting. Way back when, I ran off with the carnival one 4th of July and headed west. I didnt get too far before I met a woman and let the carnival run off without me..... but my point is, we called ourselves carnies and no one was insulted. I often wonder what would be different with me if I had stayed and went to the big event in Nebraska (I think) where they said they make most of their money for the year. Honestly I would have probably had been killed or at least robbed. Who knows

• Love 2

They are back- not sure what happened (was it just me) lol

Maybe Sal's twitter feed was so busy you didn't have access (ha-ha). 

Is it bad that this is now my new soap opera?

• Love 6

From the Carnival last night to Wrestling tonight

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  1h

Taking Jeffrey to see @The305MVP skills at wrestling... he's excited & I am even more excited to see my friend... #itsbeenalongtime

What/who will offend Sherri tonight? Is this where the wrestler she had before Sal hangs out????

• Love 3

Such a nice thing for Sherri to do for Jeffrey....hard being a father too and trying to find cozy, non-violent things for a 9 year to do when bouncing off the walls with his little neighborhood friends join him sends you over the edge/ snark.  She handles things like that so well, like on planes, waiting in airports with her spoon at the ready, on trains......when traveling with her eldest son. (Ok, maybe eldest son might be uncalled for, yet it bothers me a lot to discard some eggs to select one and then disown it prior to birth. And I am pro-choice. "Too many abortions to count" does cross my line however - especially when she says Planned Parenthood didn't teach her anything about birth control, and she is now pro-life.

All a ploy to try and make Sal jealous that she is on the prowl again. IMHO

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6

This is a possibility. If she were given an opportunity on The View to speak about this whole thing as it pertained to some other couple, I can't even imagine. Her arms would be flailing, mouth running, every day.

• Love 2

Oh thank goodness for Twitter. Otherwise who would we tell we were going to the store, or out to eat, or at carnivals or going to wrestling matches.

Hey guys! I just got home from picking my son up from his friends house! I went in the garage, got in my car, started it, left my complex, drove to where his friend lived, he got in the car, I drove away and we are now home! Probably should have pulled over to take a selfie and posted it online. Hmm maybe next time...

Seriously why do we need to know every movement this woman makes? Is nothing scared? Private? Personal?  

Hmmm, You may be on to something there, maggiemae. But didn't she also post every move she made when she was married too? Or has she since kicked it up a notch since the separation....? 

• Love 5
(edited)

It is the wrestler she dated in 2009- Out having fun while Sal deals with LJ's diaper

Haaaa!  What the hell is this thick black stuff that just fell out of my son's booty!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5

I think every  move she has made since joining twitter, Stacee - be it selfies, working out, getting made up,  being around her friends, the hilarious escapades, self-promoting, praising Jesus, quoting scripture and clichés, Oprah......and a little Jeffrey and Sal thrown in for good measure.

• Love 2

LOL, I remember my mother used to say you raise girls and civilize boys - which is kind of funny. And my brother is now 70, I'm 2 1/2 years younger, and my sister 1 year younger than I am.

And my brother has never gotten into any trouble. Well.....ok, he didn't pull our dachshund (Dennis) back quickly enough to avoid his nose being run over by his toy train....but I allowed the screen door to slam on his tail. Yikes, that adored little dog that was in our childhood for 15 years!

• Love 2