Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

The dress wouldn't be bad if those things weren't hanging off of it. Parachute perhaps? It doesn't look like a dress/shoes one would wear to what looks to be a formal wedding. Maybe that's just me.

Sure hope this photo is photoshopped as Sherri looks quite deformed

and the arms sure look like they belong to a white woman! lol

And Sherri re-tweeted that? LOL It reminds me of a page my cousin found where you could cut and paste heads to people doing all kinds of dances. It was actually pretty funny. I wish I saved it.

• Love 2

I think the man behind her is toting her luggage and that she has a room at the hotel. At least I hope so.

Hence she was walking with her props, but alone - her purse (check), script (check), phone at the ready (check) and selfie while looking at nothing but herself with joy?  (check).

• Love 3

That selfie photo -  What a shot!  great photographer, to catch her doing that!  

Sherri reminds me of a little kid who is always saying "watch me jump!  did you see me jump?  watch me dance!  Look at me now! Look!"  

With Sherri it's  - Here I am at the dentist!  at the airport!  at a wedding!   eating!  Sleeping!   Look at me!  

and her HUGE smile is just trying to convince us all that she's HAPPY! Having FUN!!!!   

• Love 5

She just can't stop and still,  it's all about Sherri.

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   43s   

I came to this wedding single but I swear I am leaving w a #Wahlberg - hook it up @DonnieWahlberg & @JennyMcCarthy  #JennyandDonnielove

She has a history of misunderstanding the word single.

And still doesn't understand the use of hashtags either.

That selfie photo - What a shot! great photographer, to catch her doing that!

Sherri reminds me of a little kid who is always saying "watch me jump! did you see me jump? watch me dance! Look at me now! Look!"

With Sherri it's - Here I am at the dentist! at the airport! at a wedding! eating! Sleeping! Look at me!

and her HUGE smile is just trying to convince us all that she's HAPPY! Having FUN!!!!

Reminds me of something my mom would say when I was prancing about to much at family functions..."Everyone has seen you, you can sit your ass down now". Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 11

The dress wouldn't be bad if those things weren't hanging off of it. Parachute perhaps? It doesn't look like a dress/shoes one would wear to what looks to be a formal wedding. Maybe that's just me.

Those shoes are totally wrong for that dress.  Not just the color but the style. WTF wears wedges with a semi-formal dress?  Yuck.

• Love 2
Jeffrey, Sr. cheated on Sherri and created a baby with his mistress while Sherri and he were married.

Any man who does this should NOT be a father to anybody, especially a boy.  What kind of role model is that?  He clearly has no respect for women or marriage.  His actions show a lack of respect.  

These two paragraphs had me really laughing out loud, from an article located here:

http://couriernews.suntimes.com/2014/08/31/fans-gather-glimpse-stars-mccarthy-wahlberg-wedding/

One of the biggest early arrivals was Sherri Shepherd, McCarthy’s co-host on the long-running morning chat-fest “The View.”

After Shepherd was dropped off at the front door, she came back out a few minutes later to wave and fans. She then turned the tables and apparently used her phone to record the crowd waving at her.

WTF wears wedges with a semi-formal dress?  Yuck.

Wedges are often appropriate with that particular semi-formal canvas tent which, by the way, is worn upside down in error...in shameful error.

For a more sophisticated and formal look, choose the tent in a matte black neoprene with Doc Martens...patent leather, of course. 

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 7

Dumbdownus, thanks.  I enjoyed one of the errors in the article...I assume it's because I'm from Arizona:

"For some watching, it was less about the couple and more about seeing a few famous faces. Sharon Rice, 70, of Tuscan, Ariz., but formerly of Berwyn, spent a few hours watching the comings and goings at Hotel Baker."

Couldn't spell "Tucson" correctly...her spellchecker probably tried.  Couldn't she at least spell out the name of the state when it's a newspaper article?  Additionally, no mention of "Blue Bloods."  Apparently "Wahlburgers" is his current claim to fame.

• Love 1

When Sherri made a comment about Jeffrey knowing music she doesn't let him listen to, Jenny said something like, now you know what music your nanny plays.

From the land of Sherri:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   2h   

Catching an early morning flight to @jennymccarthy & @donniewahlberg's wedding ... What a beautiful… http://instagram.com/p/sXTSfeILmM/

Of course a picture had to go along with this. A picture of Jenny and Donnie perhaps? Guess again!

well, she's flying commercial andshe's sitting at the gate like all the other ordinary shmoes…. 'real' stars are at least in the airline's lounge  away from prying eyes-- IF they're not flying private.  just sayin'

I think Yvette Nicolle Brown is a close friend of Sherri's. Yvette was on The Chew Today and has appeared before....always pleasant and nice. Love TC.

Anyway, I was reminded today of Sherri's actions to Clinton Kelly on The View which were so bizarre...also back about the time Sal left her. Just as that bizarre "scary" video she is posting on fb.

Looks like Sherri did wear the parachute dress to the airport and then to the wedding: http://instagram.com/p/sa8mXzoLqh/  I'd feel icky, LOL.

I'd always wondered if it were possible to find anyone more self-obsessed than a Kardashian. Now I know. I think it takes a hearty serving of self-confidence to post a close up of yourself day after day and a gluttoness serving of self-absorption to think others want to see it.

I couldn't put the image here -  but this is hilarious!   

With all the celeb  nude photos being leaked, this guy found a nude photo of Sherri!   (safe to click, believe me!) 

https://twitter.com/DarthShada/status/506290157692391424/photo/1

LOL! Sherri seems just dumb enough to be disappointed she wasn't included in the hack.

• Love 4

Maybe it's just me, but really??

Sal @SalfromtheD     ·   12h   

Took LJ to his first Jazz concert.  He enjoyed the music but mostly all the woman holding him.  He is now sound asleep.  Goodnight precious.

LOL! Sherri seems just dumb enough to be disappointed she wasn't included in the hack.

I would bet on it.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

The movie Sherri was filming last summer, when her BFF Elisabeth got the boot from the View, is being previewed at the Toronto Film Fest this weekend. Do you think she will take time away from

a. Jeffrey

b. her social life

c. studying her Cinderella lines

to go???

Top Five – 10:00pm (Chris Rock, Rosario Dawson, JB Smoove, Gabrielle Union, Tracy Morgan, Cedric the Entertainer, Kevin Hart, Jerry Seinfeld, Adam Sandler, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd, Jay Pharaoh, Anders Holm, Michael Che)

• Love 1

Maybe it's just, but really??

Took LJ to his first Jazz concert.  He enjoyed the music but mostly all the woman holding him.  He is now sound asleep.  Goodnight precious.

Well if that doesn't play right into the Everyone Wants Sherri's Baby But Sherri meme, I don't know what does.

The movie Sherri was filming last summer, when her BFF Elisabeth got the boot from the View, is being previewed at the Toronto Film Fest this weekend. Do you think she will take time away from

a. Jeffrey

b. her social life

c. studying her Cinderella lines

to go???

Like a fly to a cow pie. :)

I'd always wondered if it were possible to find anyone more self-obsessed than a Kardashian. Now I know. I think it takes a hearty serving of self-confidence to post a close up of yourself day after day and a gluttoness serving of self-absorption to think others want to see it.

Sherri wasn't always that way.  It was only after marrying Sal that she became the narcissist we see now.  I think when they were first married he probably played to her ego, telling her how great she was and how she deserved to be a bigger star and blah blah blah.  And then she lost some weight and as happens in some cases as her weight shrunk her ego grew. 

It might seem mean but I for one cannot wait till Sherri gets knocked down a few pegs.  And it will happen. Right now she is enjoying the attention of having left the View.  But with the new season starting she will soon be yesterday's news.  But there is always the divorce and custody case to put her right back in it.  I honestly don't think it matters to Sherri why the media is talking about her  just that they are talking about her.

• Love 6

I don't follow other celebrities' social media sites or am personally on Facebook or twitter, and only knew about Sherrie's by being on this board. So I've read some of the tweets posted here and even gone to her Twitter site via my iPad to read them.

So I am wondering if many other celebrities keep up an active posting of things to social media? Do they have PR people and managers telling them that it is a good idea or even posting stuff on their behalf? It's almost like free PR, gets them in the news if they post stuff that attracts attention, might make their fans happy and more loyal (because reading a celebrities twitter and tweeting them means you are connecting with them and are almost their BFF!), let's them advertise upcoming gigs to generate sales (has Sherrie mentioned she'll be in a Broadway play? Hah!)

I know Sherries stuff seems excessive, very self absorbed, and ill advised since much of her stuff gives them impression Jefrey is left behind a lot with a nanny, but if this is what other celebrities are doing then she is just following along with what her managers and PR people are telling her and she is paying them for advice, guidance and career moves.

I just find it difficult to believe that a hard working woman like sherri, who is admittedly not the brightest bulb in the room and makes horrendous relationship choices, is operating all on her own and posting all this stuff that comes across as so negative* . . . Her PR people must be encouraging it....because all celebs use social media to connect with their fans?

She confuses me.

* examples: saying you are bored and cold at your kids tract meet is stupid, the photo you showed saying your makeup is still intact is prof that you are WRONG, it looks bad, not spending more quality time with your son is wrong, you can pay the bills by budgeting and making smarter choices, posting about those $800 Loubiton shoes is dumb, et.

• Love 4

As you said CathinZA Sherri isn't too bright.  Yes she does use social media to promote herself but she also uses to post her every move and thought.  And her thoughts and moves don't always show her in best light.  Figuratively and literally.

And if her "people" told her dial back her oversharing on social media she would just ignore them.  Sherri always thinks she knows best and anyone who tells her differently is just plain hating on her.

• Love 5

I follow Parvati Shallow, Rachel Reilly, Elissa Slater, Dan Gheesling and Janelle Pierzina on Twitter and am friends with Coach from Survivor on Facebook (don't judge). Reality stars are some of the famiest famewhores that ever famewhored and yet if you combined all the tweets and posts of those six people for a month, you would not come close to what Sherri tweets in a week. She is exceptionally prolific.

Maybe it's just, but really??

I would bet on it.

Wow, using your baby as a way to meet women.  Nice.

Edited by GoldDustWoman
  • Love 1

Speaking of social media...

Not sure who is in charge of Sherri's website but it needs some work!

http://www.sherrishepherd.com/

The View picture was never updated (still has Joy and Elisabeth) lol

and the other day I clicked on some photo (website or facebook) and was given the opportunity to attend tapings for her sitcom (a few years late- filmed in 2009) http://www.theblacklistnyc.com/sherrishow.html

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

Other celebs have a social media presence, and post stuff about what they're doing.  But many post in support of other people -  maybe mentioning a show they saw, or their take on a current event topic.  Not ego-filled, not about themselves.  

The difference is between posting "i was at so-and-so's concert, great show, come out to see it!"   and posting "here's a photo of ME watching the  concert".

Sherri takes selfies to show herself - her outfit, her makeup, her  hair.   You know who else does this?  14 year old girls.  posting every thought they have, meal they eat, argument with family, every place they go.   Then  photos of every time they change clothes or hairstyles.  And then they sit and wait for someone to "like"  it or re-tweet it.   

• Love 9

The difference is between posting "i was at so-and-so's concert, great show, come out to see it!"   and posting "here's a photo of ME watching the  concert".

This is exactly what makes Sherri friggin annoying! Why doesn't she have "people" she will listen to? Or does she and they actually suggest this crap?

I looked at Jenny's twitter and she seems to actually interact with the people that follow her. It's quite the contrast.

• Love 3

Backformore, you are spot on about the 14-year old girl comment. The only thing Sherri doesn't seem to do is the obligatory duck-lips face, but I bet if I go looking, she's got a few of those out there too. To put a positive spin on it, Sherri scores a lot of "likes" and retweets, so it's not like she's playing to an empty house; she really does have a solid fan base that appreciates her.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender

(Geez, I don't recognize any of those 6 people you mention in your post, Milk-eyed Mender, so feel kind of "out of it"!)

Sorry, they are all former Survivor/Big Brother contestants and they are all dullards online so you aren't missing anything. :)

Actually she was doing the duck-lips face for about a week recently. IIRC Tyra Banks was on and demonstrated. Then suddenly Sherri dropped it and went to the huuuggggge open mouth smile of joy.

LOL, well there you go!

Sherri must have someone with her because her "selfies" are usually taken by someone else. 

Most celebrities, when they have a project to promote, will be tweeting a lot. (I wouldn't compare them to ex-Survivor contestants, unless they have businesses to promote.) Sherri has her wigs, her Broadway show, her small parts in films, etc. But who is following Sal? Does he have "fans"? What would they be "fans" of? 

So I am wondering if many other celebrities keep up an active posting of things to social media? Do they have PR people and managers telling them that it is a good idea or even posting stuff on their behalf? It's almost like free PR, gets them in the news if they post stuff that attracts attention, might make their fans happy and more loyal (because reading a celebrities twitter and tweeting them means you are connecting with them and are almost their BFF!),

It depends on the person.  There are some who strictly has a team that does all their social media stuff for them, others do it all themselves.  (There are rumblings the video Mark posted on Facebook to "congratulate" Donnie and Jenny on the wedding was motivated out stories that Mark doesn't like his new sister in law.)

As for the second part I bolded, you would be surprised on the how celebrity/fan interaction can evolve  To give an example, Donnie can easily remember someone's Twitter handle despite the number of fans he sees at shows.  (I'd never have expected him knowing some of my worst habits, let alone my name.)  Getting back to topic, I know there were several NKOTB fans that tweeted Sherri back and forth for a few years (long before Jenny was on the show) and she has become very good friends with them.  

Edited by mtlchick

Tempted to send this little WaPo piece to Sherri, especially the last paragraph:

"We could all learn a thing or two from Jolie and Pitt. Their value of privacy over the “never take your eyes off me” preening of Hollywood, and the impulse to instantaneously over-share in today’s age of camera phones and social media, is worthy of admiration."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/09/02/angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-and-the-value-of-privacy/

• Love 3

Actually she was doing the duck-lips face for about a week recently. IIRC Tyra Banks was on and demonstrated. Then suddenly Sherri dropped it and went to the huuuggggge open mouth smile of joy.

Why do so many do the duck lipped face anyway? I am totally perplexed. This is preferable to smiling?

Sherri must have someone with her because her "selfies" are usually taken by someone else. 

And, is a "selfie" still considered to be a picture someone takes of themselves, or has the definition now expanded to ANY picture of themselves? This is getting ridiculous.