Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: You Know Where To Find Me

• Start Topic

Truck and squad are called to the scene of a car crash that has Mills desperately working to save the life of a driver seriously injured in the wreck. Meanwhile, Casey  has some doubts about Jack Nesbitt, whose strip club he is remodeling on the side. Elsewhere, Hermann, Otis, Cruz and Chaplain Orlovsky help get their team ready for the peewee hockey championship, but Herrmann might prove more of an obstacle than the other team.

I admit, I'm sort of surprised at Charlie Barnett's dismissal, yet I'm not. I am surprised because Barnett also guest-starred on both L&O: SVU (ironically, the character's last name was Mills) and also on L&O: CI, and usually, once an actor guests on a Wolf show and ends up on one as a regular, they usually tended to "stick".

But the other half of me thinks these writers had no clue what to do with the guy. He has a thing for Dawson and wants to be a firefighter! No, he wants to be a paramedic! Oops, no! He DOES want to be a firefighter. The wishy-washiness and the whole family stuff that seemed to sputter and die just seemed to mark PeterMills' unfortunate exit.

Thank God there is no such issue with Gabby! </sarcasm font >

• Love 2

Nice speech, Chef PeterMills.  Try and remember it when you go into Personnel and they tell you that, because you only have three years in, you aren't vested in the pension system and so you will be receiving the refund of your contributions.  Which, by the way, if they were pre-tax, will result in a hefty tax penalty next April.  But it must be worth it to go all the way to NC and start up a restaurant and work 80 hours a week with your family. 

I was as surprised as anyone at the explanation of the lamppost victim.  I could of sworn that he had been street surfing behind a tow car, and he hit a snowpile mogul and flew up into the lamppost, BAM!  Seems just as logical.  And he's a tough guy too.  He wasn't saying Bandan, he was saying Band-Aid.

Don't forget to design in those hidden compartments and passageways, Casey. 

Nice speech, Chef PeterMills.  Try and remember it when you go into Personnel and they tell you that, because you only have three years in, you aren't vested in the pension system and so you will be receiving the refund of your contributions.  Which, by the way, if they were pre-tax, will result in a hefty tax penalty next April.  But it must be worth it to go all the way to NC and start up a restaurant and work 80 hours a week with your family. 

I was as surprised as anyone at the explanation of the lamppost victim.  I could of sworn that he had been street surfing behind a tow car, and he hit a snowpile mogul and flew up into the lamppost, BAM!  Seems just as logical.  And he's a tough guy too.  He wasn't saying Bandan, he was saying Band-Aid.

Don't forget to design in those hidden compartments and passageways, Casey. 

The connection between Peter's going away speech and his personal tax situation is, uh, what?  Oh, that he really, truly does want to leave everything behind to slave away at the restaurant.  Ok, I think I got it!  Well, hopefully, someone will advise him to either roll over the pension funds or pay sufficient tax to at least avoid penalties.

Don't normally know anything about Arabic female names but apparently "Banan" means delicate.  My guess was that the lamppost guy was a suicide attempt but didn't know how. 

Oh no, do we now have to worry about Severide b/c April left?  Gee, both his Vegas wife and that S1 gf left him, too.  And, ...  Shay.

Casey designs, too, as a gc?  Jack probably had an architect and/or professional designer, IMHO - not just Casey + the 51 guys who stand around, waiting for one of the dancers to happen by.  

Edited by aguabella

I am sorry, this was a stupid episode. And I love the Chicagos.

I too screamed "Go!" when PeterMills asked Gabby to go to Wilmington with him. Who wouldn't want to open up a restaurant in an unfamiliar city with a Southern white Confederate-uniform-wearing "Doc" who has opened and closed four restaurants in the past six years. But PeterMills turned into an indecisive lump the past season so buhbye for now, til he maybe comes back for Chicago Med. Was that his same mother?

I think it was weird legally, professionally, personally, etc. that Gabby could just slide back into the EMT spot, even temporarily, after not having been in the ambulance so long. Just stupid. Not even sure what the medical emergency was at the high school but thank goodness Burgess and random Chicago PD guy could pop up there!

There are snowflakes in the air outside my Chicagoland window right now, so the snowcovered streets in the hockey scene didn't jolt me.

I thought the lamppole guy fell out of an import/export plane. Pretty undramatic resolution--oh, he woke up and told us. Meh.

Casey's little strip club helpers act like they are twelve and never saw a woman in a conservative swimsuit. So naughty! And Casey is being asked to go into the strip club construction business? Sure, because new construction and building codes are just like expanding into existing space, and strip club zoning is just everywhere. Hey, maybe they can build one in Wilmington next to PeterMills's family's restaurant!

Peter said he wanted to be with his family but did he say he wanted to stop being a firefighter? Also did they not have insurance on their diner in Chicago?

I can't believe they had PeterMills' sister in this episode and Severide was wasting all his time with Ya-Ya.  I love PeterMills' sister, even that short scene she had with that new squad guy was good.

There were tons of  naturally developing SLs involving Mills  that could have happened(Being so young and being on squad, Severide being his mentor, His relationship with Boden, learning more about his father's family, Severide dating his sister-Dude that is still my favorite ship that never was etc) . It's unfortunate the writers chose to ignore most of them. What I liked about Mills was that even though he could be hot-headed at times he was usually also the first one to take a step back from a potentially explosive situation and make the right decision or come up with a solution. He also was the most welcoming and friendliest one at the firehouse. The one good thing that came from this is that  PeterMills was my favorite character and I was only still watching this show for him, so I'm finally free!

• Love 3

It's an obvious joke, but the show missed an opportunity when Herman gave that napkin to Severide. He could have handed it to him upside down so that it said, "MOM."

That's the main thing I thought about in this episode. Wasn't exactly gripping stuff.

That was a WEAK write off for Mills. I kept thinking how selfish and insensitive his mother and sister were, guilt tripping him into dropping his career to come with them to a strange place to open a high stress RESTAURANT? Seriously? I wanted his mother and sister to show up at Molly's and get the stink eye from every one of the guys about how self-absorbed and manipulative they're being. 

• Love 1

Well this is disappointing.  I think that PeterMills was probably my favorite character...Charlie Barnett is so darn cute and likable.  They kind of failed him on the storyline front, but I didn't want him to leave.  Does that mean that Warren Christie's character is replacing him?  Eh.  Not happy about this at all!

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

Should Cruz be worried? I mean he's obviously not white enough for a show that seems to be trying to remove any and all diversity from it's cast. I'm not worried about Gabby obviously because she could become a handicapped, lesbian, foregin born satanist and they would still shove her down our throats, but the actors that play Cruz and even the chief should be very concerned.

• Love 4

Should Cruz be worried? I mean he's obviously not white enough for a show that seems to be trying to remove any and all diversity from it's cast. I'm not worried about Gabby obviously because she could become a handicapped, lesbian, foregin born satanist and they would still shove her down our throats, but the actors that play Cruz and even the chief should be very concerned.

I thought the same thing but you worded it better. Cruz and Boden better watch their backs. 

• Love 1

Very, very surprised they let that character go -- they seemed to give him lots of good stuff all the time.  Wonder what the reasoning was?  He was not my favorite, but as noted, at least he gave a bit more diversity to a cast that seems to be more white than one might think in a large city such as Chicago.  

Herrmann is still my favorite.  His turn-around on putting his kid on the ice was adorable.  And he will always be Steve Brady to me!

• Love 1

That was a WEAK write off for Mills. I kept thinking how selfish and insensitive his mother and sister were, guilt tripping him into dropping his career to come with them to a strange place to open a high stress RESTAURANT? Seriously? I wanted his mother and sister to show up at Molly's and get the stink eye from every one of the guys about how self-absorbed and manipulative they're being. 

Why? If he goes to Wilmington and it doesn't work guess what...They have firefighters in Wilmington, too...

I don't know why they decided to write Mills off the show but the way they did it made him seem like a total flake. Being a fire fighter was his whole world and ever since he was benched from squad all he could think of was getting back on. The second he does, he does an about-face and says he's not going to follow his father's dream anymore and needs to move because he needs his mommy and sis? WTF? Has this kid got ADD or something? If it's anything like Shay then this is the second time the writers have simply flushed a character they couldn't figure out what else to do with. What horrible writing. If it IS like Shay maybe they'll bring on a new character that looks almost exactly like Mills and works on squad.

And yet another cross-over "event" next week. They are killing this show.

• Love 4

I have a feeling that Peter Mills will be back maybe on Chicago Med. The guy was so thrilled that he saved that driver's life. Maybe he has been doing pre-med on his days off. At least he got a great send off.

I also have to wonder if this is a big fake-out and the show will continue to follow him as he moves to N.C. It's possible they're trying to set up some kind of twist where Gabby does in fact run off to join him after some kind of massive fallout with Casey, possibly over this whole strip club thing. Then something else will happen in N.C. forcing them both to move back to Chicago. It's hard to say based on Charlie Barnett's Tweet, but he might be obliged to keep mum on the story.

They must love Charlie Barnett b/c they've set him up so he can return and appear in any of the Chicago programs - Fire, PD or Med.  Given the way they change plots at breakneck speed, he'll probably be back b4 we know it!

Perhaps Gabby needs to run off when she winds up pg after the one-nighter.

Everybody notice how Gabby started barking orders at Brett, taking control, 30 seconds after she started subbing in.  Yes, I understand she has or would have seniority but when you're just filling in - how about backing off?  Also loved how she volunteered and then immediately started complaining when she heard it could be a few shifts.  And, naturally, we needed Star Paramedic Gabby for the stretcher slam, taking down the suspect!

Gabby, please, go to NC - it's love!  Wow, we must have all shouted "Go" in unison, watching the episode the other night.

• Love 1

Considering that Charlie Bartnett didn't actually want to leave, I couldn't warm to his exit plot at all. It was rushed and full of anvils of family etc. He was always shown to be a passionate firefighter so to rewrite that in one episode just felt cheap and stupid. I get that cast adjustments sometimes need to happen but I don't get the benefit of writing Mills out just so we can see more of Rice who bores the crap out of me.

• Love 3