Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E20: Crossroads

paigow

Team Scorpion try to protect a key witness set to testify against a deadly drug cartel by taking her on the run, with the cartel hot on their trail.

WTF. Thank you for calling WITSEC. Our offices are closed. Please call between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday. 

Edited by paigow
  • Love 4

I wonder if they'll go the same route as a similar plot on The Greatest American Hero and have 

the witness be in on the crime, trying to lure out someone for a murder/assassination attempt.

I'd also like to see William Katt appear, and leave it open as to if Scorpion and TGAH are set in the same universe....nothing overt, just leave it open.  

• Love 1

This show has such potential, but it just seems to get worse and worse.  This week, even the "science" they were using seemed suspect.  I'll suspend disbelief for the sake of a fun story, but this is getting ridiculous.  That business with the surf/skateboards under the RV at 100 mph was too much for me.

Twice in the first half hour, they managed to knock the bad guy senseless.  All they had to do was stroll over, put the cuffs on him, and haul him off to jail.  Instead, they ran away and gave the guy a chance to recover and come after them again.  Plus, why was the feared leader of an international cartel doing all the dirty work himself?  Is his entire "organization made up of him, his best friends, and a bunch of hired goons?

• Love 9

I enjoyed the dumb-ass antics enough, but yeah, they need to be interviewing better writers/story idea generators.

I think the astronauts on the ISS could tell that the date was going to be a non-date and the screwball talking past the other was going to happen.

I liked the witness' actress enough, but? Did she need to be pregnant? She was already a "stealth" genius. It's not enough to want to stay alive and not get killed by an international drug cartel? Whatever, CBS. 

I did grin ( and eyeroll) at the stick figures surrounded by a heart. Walter's " I have no emotions, and this is making me uncomfortable" got a chuckle. I have to agree with Toby- and all the "anvils"- that Walter needs to fish or cut bait. Make a decision!

Happy was lovely, not that she isn't normally, but going for a more feminine look looked good on her.

I am not sure if I like Blunt Paige. Getting all up in this stranger's pregnancy biz is not called for and was barely used, except as a way to get Cabe more comfortable about letting her run.

All they had to do was stroll over, put the cuffs on him, and haul him off to jail.

I know, right?  At the gas station I was yelling for them to take the weapons and the bad guys' obviously better working car! I need to be on comms.;P

I just want the Drew crap to end. Is that too much? I like Ralph. I like Paige. Just make Drew  go far, far away.

• Love 4

Coming close to ruining my new 'guilty' pleasure show with all the Walter/Paige/husband "drama"  'SIGH'.  So soap opera and BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand - - I find Happy and what's his name to be cute, funny, sad and hopeful all at the same time.  It is odd - perhaps better writing for the second couple as they are allowed some humor and cuteness whereas the MAIN couple is so damn obviously the MAIN couple that there is "drama" (so not) to whatever is happening.

The anvil damn near broke a hole in my floor it was dropped so hard... REALLY...he goes to her house and the ex is there EARLY....I wrote the script b/4 the commercial break

I really like the concept, the actors and their interactions.......just, yikes...get rid of the Walter/paige drama - - it is not interesting, it is not funny and it is very much not heart warming.

All of the above belong to Happy and Pscy Guy - (I love the actor but I will be damned if I can remember the character's name)

• Love 2

One of the things that got me was that (I checked)--it's just over an hour from central LA to Ventura, plus traffic.  Ordinarily that would mean "a lot more time", but they made a point of Sylvester hacking the GPS network (not just "a GPS", but a whole network) to clear traffic.

The time they wasted getting an RV, etc., could have just gone to GETTING THERE.

It's the little handwaving that gets me; I can enjoy the big cartoonish stuff (of course she's pregnant.)

• Love 1

Seriously - get better story writers. I like the characters. It has a ton of potential. It's the kind of show where you can forgive a lot of silliness and "luck" on the part of the heroes but if they don't get some better stories it's going to cross that line from fun, guilty pleasure with fun people to stupid slapstick. 

I just kept asking myself why they didn't just take a helicopter. Good grief.

• Love 4

Why exactly did they take the RV with the hackable computer controls? I can't remember the dialogue explaining that decision.

This show has moved off my watching for guilty pleasure list, but I will say that I always enjoy Happy doing ridiculous stunts for some reason. I think next time they should suspend her from a cable in the middle of the room like Mission Impossible.

• Love 2

Why exactly did they take the RV with the hackable computer controls? I can't remember the dialogue explaining that decision....

IIRC, it was supposed to be faster than anything chasing them--which in terms of size, mass, and physics made no sense to me, but I was listening to that part from another room, so I thought maybe I missed a bit about it having a NASA rocket engine or something.

• Love 1

I love this wacky implausible show.  For some reason I'll forgive it all sorts of stupid shenanigans I won't put up with elsewhere.  A hundred miles an hour on a big skateboard under a luxury RV?  SURE!  Wheeeeeee......

• Love 8

The helicopter was busy getting a software upgrade by hovering over a Starbucks wi-fi hotspot

• Love 6

Apparently not enough budget for a cool helicopter chase. 

For almost any other show, the stupidhead writing would get me really frustrated, but for this show? Not so much. I guess after a laptop/jet hook-up, you can deal with most stuff. 

I still think Gallo and Happy should have taken the drug guys' guns, if not their fully-serviceable car! Yeah, they have phones, but if everyone was supposed tobe on the road, it would take time for a minion to arrive with a new speedy car.

I will ask: Were the front-seat guys in Maya and Walter's SUV okay?  I know they weren't important to the overall story, but these were guys that were just doing their job.  They were betrayed by an ally, they were under fire from some very bad men, then some purported genius blows up our car's engine and knocks us out!  Not a good day on the job. :(

• Love 2

These guys are now members in good standing of the Roy Harper Left 4 Dead Club.

LOL!  It was actually what I was thinking. I'm probably going to notice how poor background characters/extras are treated ( or not!) for a while.

I was initially thinking they might have been vulnerable to being shot by the drug guys, but I think they'd know it's safer for them to not hack off the Feds any more than necessary. Killing a couple of Feds and a Federal witness?  Doesn't seem like good business sense.

Until they shipped her off to Canada, I thought for a second they were setting the Maya character up to making pop up again, both because she's another "genius", and her being pregnant could provide someone for Paige to bound with.  Plus, I'm sure it's about time for someone on Team Scorpion to be forced in a scenario where they have to deliver a baby, and she would be a perfect choice.  Top choices would be Walt, to show off his no doubt horrible bed-side manners, or Sly, so he can freak out over... well, everything that has to do with birth.

Yeah, why didn't they just, I don't know, take Hector's guns, his car, or hell, kidnap his own violent ass, during the two (!) times he was knocked the fuck out.  Or, why did Cabe only have one round?  Come on, now.

Walt and Cabe scaring the hacker was actually kind of fun.  Not sure what accent Elyes Gabel was trying to do, but it was cracking me up.

I'm confused about this Toby/Happy thing.  Basically, he was nervous, so he took some kind of medicine, that put him to sleep, and made him miss their date. But, then he was suddenly telling her that he at times feels like he doesn't deserve happiness or something, and made it sound like he sabotaged himself or something.  Either way, I guess it was just an excuse to keep them apart for now.

I really, really do not like this Drew stuff.  Give it up, show.  No way Paige is going anywhere, unless Katherine McPhee suddenly wants out (which, why would she want to do that?)  So, this entire story is just pointless drama.

• Love 5

Ok, this is the most ridiculous episode this season so far, and I echo most of your thoughts. Hubby was screaming at the TV why not just tie the guy up when he was knocked out at the gas station? And why not take their car??? Oh that's right, these geniuses gotta show the public that beer can be a temporary coolant.

On that note, I thought this was a real big cartel?! Why are there only two guys chasing the lady?! And one of them is the big boss! Surely, there should be lots more gang members, no, if this lady is really important for the cartel to shut up.

It's still fun though. I like how the show doesn't take itself too seriously. *Side-eyeing CSI Cyber*

• Love 3

Why exactly did they take the RV with the hackable computer controls? I can't remember the dialogue explaining that decision.

This show has moved off my watching for guilty pleasure list, but I will say that I always enjoy Happy doing ridiculous stunts for some reason. I think next time they should suspend her from a cable in the middle of the room like Mission Impossible.

The RV must have been product placement.  The list of features kind of goes that direction.  Still, since such a ride is easily six figures or more, I wasn't paying attention. cause there is no way that is ever going to be in my budget, and my bucket list is reserved for kewler things.  Though there was a time when an RV was my dream house - and gas was 20 cents a gallon.

I skipped forward a lot in this episode - maybe I missed some good stuff, but the "plots" are Just Awful.  Two more episodes, which I'll skim-watch, but I think I am out for next season.  Too bad.  Good actors, and a show premise that has potential, but the There is just Not There.

(edited)

So. I immediately mentally check myself out at the beginning of this episode because....if there was such a terrible danger in transporting this witness to open court then why not have her in a secure location testifying via skype or something?

Sigh

Happy looked banging in that dress, I'd be pissed too if I were her but I would also be blowing up home boys phone while I waited. Come on now!

also since it's this show and these are sooper jeaniyuses that will always come out on top, any suspenseful scenes like bad guy shootouts in convenience stores become boring because we all know that team scorpion will prevail duh.

also walter and happy should have been banged and bruised just from going so fast down there with all the road dust and little rocks and stray asphalt etc etc. Oh I will just stop now.

Edited by Yeldarbe
  • Love 1

SOOOOO shitty.  SOOOOO stupid.

What does it matter eliminating a witness if you come out and do the wetwork yourself, creating TONS of other witnesses of a new crime?  Including the Feds.  Even if you wipe out the whole vehicle of them, you've also created a situation where all they need to do is snap a picture of you and email it.

• Love 4
(edited)

"She's on the run with something called Scorpions" "The band?" "Nerds".

Ohhh Scorpion.  I don't know why I had more "why is Paige here" thoughts then in any other episode, but I did. She just roams around, talking to everyone.  Hey why not??  We are Scorpion!

Still love Cabe and his fed sunglasses and I like everything Happy/Toby and Sylvester.  Sylvester's "oh no" when he dropped his yogurt, hee. Walter looks good in his snug shirts so there's that.  Oh and his doing "Mr. Green" was funny, OK I lol'd at the table slam.  I'm easy with this show :)

Edited by raven
  • Love 2
(edited)

This show has such potential, but it just seems to get worse and worse.  This week, even the "science" they were using seemed suspect.  I'll suspend disbelief for the sake of a fun story, but this is getting ridiculous.  That business with the surf/skateboards under the RV at 100 mph was too much for me.

Twice in the first half hour, they managed to knock the bad guy senseless.  All they had to do was stroll over, put the cuffs on him, and haul him off to jail.  Instead, they ran away and gave the guy a chance to recover and come after them again.  Plus, why was the feared leader of an international cartel doing all the dirty work himself?  Is his entire "organization made up of him, his best friends, and a bunch of hired goons?

Exactly, also the RV door holds itself open against a 100 m.p.h. wind, This episode lacked common sense, let alone genius.

There is no explanation to taking an RV in that situation.

At the end we see news coverage of the arrest, lol. There were no news crews there when it happened.

The RV must have been product placement.  The list of features kind of goes that direction.  Still, since such a ride is easily six figures or more, I wasn't paying attention. cause there is no way that is ever going to be in my budget, and my bucket list is reserved for kewler things.  Though there was a time when an RV was my dream house - and gas was 20 cents a gallon.

I skipped forward a lot in this episode - maybe I missed some good stuff, but the "plots" are Just Awful.  Two more episodes, which I'll skim-watch, but I think I am out for next season.  Too bad.  Good actors, and a show premise that has potential, but the There is just Not There.

You did not miss anything except the worst episode.

We have a witness to protect, Cabe, bring your pistol...

Broke down at gas station, let's steal beer out of this trucks cooler to fix our stupid van....why not take the truck????

Or real geniuses would have switched cars more than once.

Or taked a helicopter...

You knock the bad guy over, he is unconscious, so you leave him there....with his gun...and an innocent store clerk...and don't disable his car....or take it...or shoot the bad guy you were just shooting at until you ran out of ammo which you failed to pick up more lying right there this whole episode/show is just too stupid to watch any more AHHHHHHHHHH!

Edited by BuccaneerDTB