Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

That trio made it...Kat, Colby and Kaleigh.  Kat and Kaleigh are solid and were going to make it to TCC....Colby I was on the fence about.  I bet she won fan vote and honestly she might have needed it.  

So pissed about Jasmine still.  Ashley P I will get over but Jasmine TICKS ME OFF.  Just last year when Alexandra said she was working with Jacie, Jasmine and Jenna, Kelli was like "great, those are all good cheerleaders who you can learn a lot from."  WHAT HAPPENED. 

Not surprised they didn't take Ashley Paige or Christina C (I don't think I see either of them?).  They didn't care for either of them in training camp. 

Did Jasmine gain any weight? I know they said last year NO MORE MAYBES for vets.  It was yes or no, especially regarding weight.  I could see that playing into Breelan and Ashley P.  I didn't think Jasmine looked heavier tho. 

K&J said no more maybes for veterans so perhaps perhaps Ashley Pro and Jasmine were given maybe scores which are effectively a 'no'? Cutting a 4th year candidate is kinda ridiculous and it only gives one episode of drama, if that, so no real incentive to do so for ratings.

Breelan only made the team because of her endorsement by Melissa. This was deja vu to Morgan and Kitty (off screen relationship). Those cuts are simply righting a wrong. Sounds harsher than I intend but you know what I mean!

• Love 2

Remember the whole "Is that Jasmine in that Instgram with Sterling Moore" thing? Wonder if that played into it at all.

I could totally see someone like Charlotte taking a hard line on that.

• Love 1

Jasmine always had large thighs a fuller waist, but she was like that when she auditioned her first year. It didn't look to me like she gained too much. She did have a completely lackluster solo, and who knows... Maybe she screwed up her panel interview?

(edited)

I hate to bring up water that is under the bridge, even speculative water, but perhaps Jasmine was removed from this year because of last year and the cowboy guy she was believed to be at a bar with (which a lot of us talked about)   and her resulting postings about the fan base.

Oops!!DCCfan, we are thinking the same thing!

Edited by Dopeydwarf
  • Love 1
(edited)

Remember the whole "Is that Jasmine in that Instgram with Sterling Moore" thing? Wonder if that played into it at all.

I could totally see someone like Charlotte taking a hard line on that.

Omg I remember that. Hopefully, that wasn't it, because then I would feel bad. I'm the one that found the pic and posted it on here :/ Edited by Bailey3606

I guess that issue with Jasmine happened before I joined here...it looked like she was dating a football player?? It seems she has a steady boyfriend now, who is going to Stanford?? 

Just looking through Jasmine's insta again and she is like, 100% DCC.  People would comment "are you coming back this year?"  "Yes!!" and she was posting about being excited for Camp DCC...just so freakin' sad.  

I know i'm in the minority and she has a lot of fans on this page, but for the life of me I'll never understand how Danielle made the team (any of the years).  I feel the same way about Rachel, but not quite as strongly.  

I can't tell from the picture if Ashley Paige made it, but I really hope she did!  She seems like the total DCC package. 

I thought Holly's solo was great! and Melissa had some great leaps! and Jenna, Paige and Lacey has some great energy and musicality. 

They have back ups for the calendar as Alyssa went to Mexico(and was in some of the "extra" videos that weren't shown in the regular episode-great editing for the runway show etc) and she was cut then in May during finals.

I wonder how pissed Rycroft is now that her two protégés (Breelan and Ashley) are gone.

This is completely random, but I just saw Erica's solo costume. That has to be the prettiest solo outfit I've ever seen

My phone is on 1% but I'm here reading your posts and looking on Twitter for updates and reactions. I'm waiting for the train and won't be getting home until another 20 minutes to charge my phone. I need help

• Love 1

I agree with Elizabeth9 that Breelan was not a fit for the team, just like Morgan.  That often would be the reason that some are eliminated after the first year.  I have to say that this has been the best to be in the thick of everything for several hours and to have this board almost like a chat room.  It has been great!!

• Love 1
(edited)

I would think that if they had a problem with that they would have cut her at that time for breaking the rules...not let her stay and then cut her several months later. From her instagram, it looks like she has a different boyfriend.  It's a real bummer that they cut her and only had one new black TCC.  Also sad Ashley Paige didn't make it!

Agree that Melissa R now does not have a very good track record if she was mentoring Breelan, Ashley, Chandler, and Caila.  Only Caila is still here...although I guess she is only given the weakest candidates so that would kind of make sense.

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 1

All 45 TCCs!

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/597221873315926016/photo/1

Danielle looks CRUSHED! So sad. :(

On a diversity note, I'm seeing Jacie and one other darker skinned girl.  :(

I swear the team gets less and less diverse as the years go by. Half of the girls could easily be swapped out with one another.

And about Jasmine if I were to be honest..I am still shocked that she made it this long..sorry Jasmine. I really liked Ashley and Breelans look but again I am shocked they made it past training camp(last year).

• Love 1

I would think that if they had a problem with that they would have cut her at that time for breaking the rules...not let her stay and then cut her several months later. From her instagram, it looks like she has a different boyfriend. It's a real bummer that they cut here and only had one new black TCC.

I wonder if they let her stay just so they could bring up the incident during filming? Regardless, she was always a weak and awkward dancer

• Love 1

I guess that issue with Jasmine happened before I joined here...it looked like she was dating a football player?? It seems she has a steady boyfriend now, who is going to Stanford?? 

Just looking through Jasmine's insta again and she is like, 100% DCC.  People would comment "are you coming back this year?"  "Yes!!" and she was posting about being excited for Camp DCC...just so freakin' sad.  

If I were Jasmine, I would be having a mild (major) break down. Her whole purpose in TX was DCC and now she either follows the BF to california, move back to NJ, or set up shop in TX while her loved ones are on both coasts. Yeah, its going to be a crying, drinking fest at the Pro-Goode-Schram household tonight.

• Love 2

I wonder if they let her stay just so they could bring up the incident during filming? Regardless, she was always a weak and awkward dancer

Or the opposite, didn't cut her in season because they didn't want it to get out, and then just did the deed during tryouts.

• Love 1
(edited)

The incident happened months ago. Sterling Moore posted a picture of him and what looked like Jasmine at Concrete Cowboy (a bar in uptown). i forgot what the caption said word for word, but it basically said that they were hiding their faces in the picture because they weren't supposed to be seen together. Jasmine used to like and comment on all his pics as well.

The day after someone posted it on here, Sterling deleted the picture.

Edited by Emilyhitch

I wonder how pissed Rycroft is now that her two protégés (Breelan and Ashley) are gone.

I am so glad I just used the restroom because I thought this comment was hilarious!  I lost it  :D.

Poor Jasmine. I feel for her. She was never the best dancer, but I always liked her. I thought Ashley P. and Breelan made it by the skin of their teeth last year, so I'm not really surprised to see them cut. I also agree with some of the comments about the lack of diversity. 

• Love 1

This is completely random, but I just saw Erica's solo costume. That has to be the prettiest solo outfit I've ever seen

Most likely the show assigned them to work with her, not her decision. She could probably care less.

Wow!!  13 girls did not try out again, three girls cut at finals, with the possibility of other vets being cut during training camp. 16 spots open with 20 vets in TC and 25 TC candidates going for the 16 spots. Going to be interesting.

Most likely the show assigned them to work with her, not her decision. She could probably care less.

Actually I specifically remember Melissa saying that her only goal in life was for Breelan to make the squad. Breelan was clearly her fav

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow, so can't believe Jasmine didn't make it back!  Daniele has never been on the team without her best bud. She does look upset in the TCC picture. I wonder if she'll pull out? Almost all the girls she started with are gone. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

I'm sad about Ashley Pro too. She was a cutie and I think did a good job last year.  Not surprised about Breelan, but didn't think Ashley P would get cut. I'm sure her heart is so sad! I wonder if she's going back to Arkansas or staying in Dallas. I wonder if Jasmine will go back to NY...

As far as Melissa R's "successes," she did everything she was hired to do, that is mentor the girls. She can't be their talent, she can't be their years-of-training, she can be in their corner and that's what she did. And she'll be an advocate and mentor this year. But that doesn't guarantee anyone a spot nor keep them on the team. Getting to TC doesn't do that either.

Edited by Kaedee

I'm just stoked my girl Holly made it!! Still bummed about my girl crush Tristen McNatt not making finals, or Ashley Paige making it into TC. Vet Rachel I could do away with in favor of some of the cut newbies.

I'm so sad for Jasmine. She's not a great dancer at all, but you can tell she loves the team and made it a central part of her life. She's been able to keep up for the past 3 years and since none of the sideline dances really change, she should have been given a chance. 

That's the only person I'm sad for and as a black girl, I'm sad to lose another black girl on the team. 

I'm happy for TCC Robin because I was rooting for her last year and she didn't make training camp and this year she did. She's a former Kilgore Rangerette and a current TLSD and I'm rooting for her just because she's black. I hope she makes me proud.

In the training camp pic, Danielle couldn't even put on a fake smile, but if you look next to her at Jacie, that's a fake smile and she looks like she was crying also. I imagine all of the 4 year girls were crying since Jasmine seems to have been loved by everyone. I can't wait for the show and hope that the cuts are addressed. 

(I made it home with a dead phone by the way. Thank God for laptops!)

• Love 1

Actually I specifically remember Melissa saying that her only goal in life was for Breelan to make the squad. Breelan was clearly her fav

. For all intents and purposes, Melissa was playing an acting role staged by the show.
  • Love 1

I looked up Holly Powell and she is awesome. A rookie SG member for sure.

I sometimes wonder why girls of that caliber settle for DCC - they should be at Julliard or pursuing a serious dance company.