Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

The test is on DC information, football information and current events.

I don't think they "have" to pass the quiz to advance to TC (unless something's changed I don't know about).  I recall one year that Kelli called out multiple vets in the first meeting for failing the test.

(edited)

This girl was captain of her high school drill team and now a dancer for UNT! She looks awesome in this video. DCC really needs more black girls. Hope she makes the team! https://instagram.com/p/og15uBy3wo/

Here's an article about Colby Hanks. She graduated high school in 2002, so I guess that makes her 31. She graduated from UT with a finance degree, wow I love her! http://www.dailytribune.net/news/former-resident-up-for-spot-on-cowboys-cheerleading-squad/article_08c8e852-f446-11e4-b5dc-63dcd0bf1d90.html

Not sure why Colby said in the article she grew up watching Brooke Sorenson cheer for the Cowboys in the 90's.... But whatever haha

Edited by Emilyhitch
  • Love 2

Here's a link to a cute article about the test the DCC and TCC take for auditions.  ESPN got a dozen Cowboys players to take the test, and only one got most of them right!  http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=reilly_rick&id=4491594&sportCat=nfl

I heard Kelli a week ago on some audio cheerleader report giving examples of the test, too, but I can't find the link now.  The questions about Cowboys history are incredibly specific, and I didn't know a single answer.  (I did know some to the questions in the article above, at least.)  It seems that finals interview questions like name a current running back or how many yards in a football field are soft ball questions, so to speak.  Flunking the test doesn't exclude someone from TC on its own, but it can impact making the team.  Y'all remember little Zoe and Ashley getting nailed with Cowboys questions in rehearsal and getting the axe?

Season three, the girls who flunk the test were called out for it. Nicole did flunk the test, but she was in the top row

Season four, Kelli said the girls were seated in order of how they did at finals. Melissa K., Michele K., Justine, and Amy R. were closer to the bottom rows because of their overall score.

(edited)

Season three, the girls who flunk the test were called out for it. Nicole did flunk the test, but she was in the top row

Season four, Kelli said the girls were seated in order of how they did at finals. Melissa K., Michele K., Justine, and Amy R. were closer to the bottom rows because of their overall score.

Yeah I remember now. It was Justine who Kelli made the comment about. I was surprised about her and also Nicole when she failed. Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

I think the girls trying out take the test after semi-finals are over or the same day of semi-finals, and the veterans take the test on the Wednesday before finals. I am thinking the girls heading to finals are the ones who take the test.

Wait I'm so confused so there's a test they have to take during semis and a test they have to take during the interview??

They take one test.  Not 100% sure when it's given.  Don't know that the girls that don't make TC ever even know their scores.  I'm wondering if giving out the test at that one meeting was just for TV/Ratings/Drama since so many Vets did badly.

(edited)

This girl was captain of her high school drill team and now a dancer for UNT! She looks awesome in this video. DCC really needs more black girls. Hope she makes the team! https://instagram.com/p/og15uBy3wo/

Here's an article about Colby Hanks. She graduated high school in 2002, so I guess that makes her 31. She graduated from UT with a finance degree, wow I love her! http://www.dailytribune.net/news/former-resident-up-for-spot-on-cowboys-cheerleading-squad/article_08c8e852-f446-11e4-b5dc-63dcd0bf1d90.html

Not sure why Colby said in the article she grew up watching Brooke Sorenson cheer for the Cowboys in the 90's.... But whatever haha

Thanks for the video and article. Colby actually said it was Brooke Emerson, (not Sorenson) that she grew up watching. Trust me, I had to read it again for clarity. lol  However, she did mention Brooke Sorenson later on in the article, saying that she met her recently and how helpful Brooke S has been to her.

Edited by DCCFAN71

Thanks for the video and article. Colby actually said it was Brooke Emerson, (not Sorenson) that she grew up watching. Trust me, I had to read it again for clarity. lol However, she did mention Brooke Sorenson later on in the article, saying that she met her recently and how helpful Brooke S has been to her.

The writer of the article must have fixed it because it said Sorenson before haha

WOW! Khalyn is great! And gorgeous girl.  I will vote for her tonight!

• Love 1

I'm wondering if giving out the test at that one meeting was just for TV/Ratings/Drama since so many Vets did badly.

We don't see the full meeting. The handing out of the tests is probably boring except the one time it wasn't (as you mentioned above) and the footage made it to air. But we rarely see Barbie distribution or the long list of other things they talk about in the meeting. I think barbie distribution (and group leader selection) should be included in the every season.

• Love 2

Are you confusing Colby with Cami?

That's what I was thinking.

Yeah, you're missing something. LOL j/k I don't recall anyone saying that she didnt.

Yep probably.  Too many people to keep up with.  Think I'll just wait till the MTT season starts this fall.

Aww the Mormon girl is at the top too!! She is the cutest dancer, really like her so far! I vote for Colby not because she is great in the video but because I'd like to see how she'd do in training camp and I'm not sure she'd make it in with the judges :-/

Another who had a crappy go at the voting video but I think deserves a shot is her friend Kaleigh.  She looks great in all her other dance videos and seems mature but really was unpleasant to watch in voting video.

Their third amigo, Kat Rodgers, tho did awesome!

• Love 1

I guess she's just going to have to fly in for a mentoring session, then back out to DWTS, then back in again...  That's going to make one hectic summer for her, and she's got young toddlers. I'm not sorry she's back, because I liked her advocating and mentoring the girls. I wouldn't mind seeing another Vet come back, one who's been with the organization longer: Toby Percival, Nicole Hamilton, Julie Jacobs, someone like that.

On the bright side, maybe Melissa's busy schedule will mean no dreaded coffee-house clutch! (That, to me, was an awkward scene!)

• Love 1
(edited)

Melissa quit the squad and was never on SG or a GL... aside from being 'famous' how is she qualified to be a  DCC mentor? Some one explain this to me. So many other DCCs that are distinguished in the world of DCC should be the mentor.....

Maybe she will have to Skype with her chosen TCCs LOL

^ Your comment made me literally LOL!

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2

I think they just use her for marketing purposes. Her followers on social media is the only thing that makes her valuable in K&J's eyes, in my opinion. Great promo for the show. I doubt they even like her since she quit the Squad and put DCC in a bad light in her book.

(edited)

Melissa quit the squad and was never on SG or a GL... aside from being 'famous' how is she qualified to be a  DCC mentor? Some one explain this to me. So many other DCCs that are distinguished in the world of DCC should be the mentor...

Melissa quitting the squad doesn't immediately disqualify her as a mentor. She left after 2 seasons. Samantha and Abby are leaving this year after 2 seasons. What exactly are the qualifications you're looking for? The merriam-webster dictionary defines a mentor as; "someone who teaches or gives help and advice to a less experienced and often younger person." That's what Melissa does. None of us know her personally and have the right to say she isn't qualified. All we can do is look at what happened last season, and she did indeed mentor and advocate for the TCCs. Could another DCC retiree do the same thing? Of course! No one said they couldn't. Obviously Melissa was chosen mostly because she won DWTS. She brings in viewers who were fans of hers from that show. And regardless of how much anyone loves the DCC, DCC:MTT will only be on if the ratings support it. You obviously don't like her. But respectfully, that alone - nor winning DWTS - doesn't disqualify her as a mentor.

Edited by Kaedee

The thing that is funny about Melissa is they kind of gloss over why she is famous. Yes, she won Dancing With The Stars, but she wasn't a "star" because she was a DCC. She was a "star " because ABC set her up to be humiliated so badly on The Bachelor. Her situation -- being picked for the final rose then getting dumped on live TV for the girl after the fact -- was brutal. MTT kind of glosses over all that. She is likely one the of not the most recognizable former DCCs, but m

The thing that is funny about Melissa is they kind of gloss over why she is famous. Yes, she won Dancing With The Stars, but she wasn't a "star" because she was a DCC. She was a "star " because ABC set her up to be humiliated so badly on The Bachelor. Her situation -- being picked for the final rose then getting dumped on live TV for the girl after the fact -- was brutal. MTT kind of glosses over all that. She is likely one of the if not the most recognizable former DCCs, but not because of her time in the team.

I agree that the coffee house scenes suck, but I about died last season when they were there and Vivian said she was self conscious and Melissa said "You hide it well" in the most transparent tone possible.

• Love 2
(edited)

Melissa quitting the squad doesn't immediately disqualify her as a mentor. She left after 2 seasons. Samantha and Abby are leaving this year after 2 seasons. What exactly are the qualifications you're looking for? The merriam-webster dictionary defines a mentor as; "someone who teaches or gives help and advice to a less experienced and often younger person." That's what Melissa does. None of us know her personally and have the right to say she isn't qualified. All we can do is look at what happened last season, and she did indeed mentor and advocate for the TCCs. Could another DCC retiree do the same thing? Of course! No one said they couldn't. Obviously Melissa was chosen mostly because she won DWTS. She brings in viewers who were fans of hers from that show. And regardless of how much anyone loves the DCC, DCC:MTT will only be on if the ratings support it. You obviously don't like her. But respectfully, that alone - nor winning DWTS - doesn't disqualify her as a mentor.

Wow. TLDR but I dont need the MW definition of mentor LOL and I'm not talking about retiring, I'm talking about quitting the squad.  http://forums.previously.tv/topic/2592-former-dccs-missed-forgotten-or-gone-before-her-time/page-4

I never said I didn't like her. I dont think she is a qualified DCC mentor and wouldnt be chosen if she wasnt famous.She isn't a bitch or anything, just seems to go against what DCC claims. But thanks for the explanation?!

Edited by pink317
(edited)

Yeah, MTT focuses mainly on her DWTS "celebrity." I'm not into reality shows, so don't really think of reality "stars" as celebrities. But, whatever. A lot of people do. While I think Melissa does a fine job mentoring, IMPO they chose her for ratings purposes. :)

I never said I didn't like her. I dont think she is a qualified DCC mentor and wouldnt be chosen if she wasnt famous.She is a bitch or anything, just seems to go against what DCC claims. But thanks for the explanation?!

Well, you said to tell you what qualifies her as a mentor! lol

Melissa was brought in for ratings. She's more known in the TV world at large than most any other DCC.  That she does fine as a mentor is beside the point: she's there whatever she can bring in for ratings. I think her warmth and desire to help the girls is genuine, but don't think her stuff isn't scripted, like all reality shows!

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

I know that I'm 6 years too late, but I just watched the clips from Melissa's season of The Bachelor...that was so hurtful. I can't believe he did that to her. It just makes me like her more. She didn't skip a beat she kept living life. Wow!

(edited)

Yeah, MTT focuses mainly on her DWTS "celebrity." I'm not into reality shows, so don't really think of reality "stars" as celebrities. But, whatever. A lot of people do. While I think Melissa does a fine job mentoring, IMPO they chose her for ratings purposes. :)

Well, you said to tell you what qualifies her as a mentor! lol

Melissa was brought in for ratings. She's more known in the TV world at large than most any other DCC.  That she does fine as a mentor is beside the point: she's there whatever she can bring in for ratings. I think her warmth and desire to help the girls is genuine, but don't think her stuff isn't scripted, like all reality shows!

Well I did ask and you did define so I guess I brought that on myself, Lol.

It sort of sets a bad standard IMO like it doesnt matter who you were on the team as long as you can bring in ratings like if Chelsea makes it big next thing you know she'll be a mentor for MTT15!

Edited by pink317

I wonder what her reaction will be Ifthey try (and/or succeed) to cut Breelan?

I hope she focuses on interesting girls this year. Breelan and Calia were like watching paint dry to me.

• Love 3

Their third amigo, Kat Rodgers, tho did awesome!

Yes! I loved her video and was surprised no one else really mentioned her. Her turns and her kick made me swoon. I think that's a future show group girl right there.

• Love 2

I know that I'm 6 years too late, but I just watched the clips from Melissa's season of The Bachelor...that was so hurtful. I can't believe he did that to her. It just makes me like her more. She didn't skip a beat she kept living life. Wow!

I do feel like Jason was likely at ABC's mercy to do it how he did. I assume all of these people sign iron clad contracts with huge penalties and basically have no clue what they are really getting into. My assumption is when he realized he didn't want to be with her, they said break up on TV or we sue by terms if the contract.

I also always assumed that is why she got the DWTS spot -- ABC knew they owed her one.

(edited)

I wonder what her reaction will be Ifthey try (and/or succeed) to cut Breelan?

Probably the same face that Judy told her to stop making when she screwed up during TC.

It will be interesting to see if the winner of the fan vote actually makes the squad. Last year it was Loren who made it but did they ever name the other two? I know in season 8 it was Vivian, Kathryn D, and Jamie (both Mavs dancers).

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

Well I did ask and you did define so I guess I brought that on myself, Lol.

It sort of sets a bad standard IMO like it doesnt matter who you were on the team as long as you can bring in ratings like if Chelsea makes it big next thing you know she'll be a mentor for MTT15!

LOL  Well, while we love hearing, reading, watching and dissecting anything and everything about the DCC, to the network, DCC:MTT is a revenue asset, only as valuable as the ad dollars it brings to CMT. If the show doesn't get the viewers, it isn't marketable for ad revenue and then it's cancelled. Already the seasons have varied as far as content and duration of episodes. Bringing in Melissa brings in a "celebrity" with a following who was a DCC. For CMT it's just business. So I guess I can stand the coffee-house horror scene or the Chelsea scenes if they'll get me more seasons of MTT! lol

I guess we'll find out this weekend who makes it to TC, which Vets (if any) are cut, etc. Wow, tomorrow are the panel interviews, right? Wonder if we'll hear anything about that or only hear about dancing portion of the finals Saturday.

Edited by Kaedee

Just saw on Twitter: Paige Elaine retweeted

Jenna Lené @DCC_Jenna  ·  19h 19 hours ago
Took our DCC Written Test today and learned our Audition routine! So excited for Friday and Saturday!@DCCheerleaders

Looks like this happened yesterday (Wednesday)

I'm not a fan of Melissa R- I don't hate her, but I don't like the segments because they focus on the same three girls dancing when they could use that time to introduce us to more girls. Girls like Mary, who don't need the extra help, that we wind up not seeing at all.

Like I said, maybe if they pick girls I'm interested in this year it will be better?

• Love 1

With Hilary Hubbard trying out, it would be interesting how far she will make it. I went to high school with both Hilary and Vivian and they were on drill team together, as well as Ice Angels. Vivian is the stronger dancer in my opinion, but it would be such a huge slap in Vivian's face if Hilary made it over her.

Regarding Melissa, I don't mind her, it would be nice to have an all around mentor. Not just emotionally mentoring, but physically as well. Melissa won DWTS for crying out loud and we never saw her dance at all last season. But obviously she is just there for PR stuff.

I find myself rooting very hard for Colby. She seems so sweet and I hope she will be able to grow into a DCC level dancer. From pictures she doesn't look like she's in her 30's, but I hope K&J don't say she doesn't have an HD face. Brittany Schram was getting up there in age, and although she looks flawless in pictures, she looked weathered every time they did a closeup of her at games.

• Love 1

Just saw on Twitter: Paige Elaine retweeted

Jenna Lené @DCC_Jenna  ·  19h 19 hours ago

Took our DCC Written Test today and learned our Audition routine! So excited for Friday and Saturday!@DCCheerleaders

So the Vets learn the audition routine only a couple days before the finals? Wow. I guess after a year they're used to learning routines on the fly.

So, semi-finalists take the quiz, and that figures into their overall score on getting to finals. A failed quiz isn't going to stop them getting to finals and TC if they're really good, but its a factor.

Vets take the quiz in the week before finals. Again, it looks like its an element of their finals as a whole, but won't keep them out of TC if they've got the rest of the whole package.

Does that sound about right?

From pictures she doesn't look like she's in her 30's, but I hope K&J don't say she doesn't have an HD face. Brittany Schram was getting up there in age, and although she looks flawless in pictures, she looked weathered every time they did a closeup of her at games.

I wonder how much actual age vs looks matter. There was an article posted earlier about a 49 year old trying out and went on to say the oldest person to make DCC was 37. I wonder if this was before the Kelli era? Miranda (DCRB) was in her late 30s but was phenomenal, endorsed by Kitty, and never made it to TC. I think in recent years, the oldest DCC was Sunni (31-32 at retirement) but she definitely made the team while in her 20s.

(edited)

...I don't like the segments because they focus on the same three girls dancing when they could use that time to introduce us to more girls. Girls like Mary, who don't need the extra help, that we wind up not seeing at all.

I think Melissa focused on all the rookies. But what the editing room decides goes into MTT is up to what they think will generate the most drama. We get maybe 8 episodes, when TC is 2 1/2 months! That's a TON of material we don't get to see.

Like you, I'd have loved to see more of Melissa, Mary, Lacey and Victoria last season. In S7 I'd have liked Samantha and Abby to have more focus on the show. But I guess if the girls are really good, then there's less drama surrounding their making it onto the team, therefore less angst for viewers. It kinda sucks, though. I'd also like to see more of the returning Vets!

Pink317 - I think the 37 year old DCC was before Kelli's time. Considering the really high standards of today's DCC, I've often wondered if Kelli would even have made the team if she auditioned today! Her friend Tina said the girls really had to be dancers now, which indicates to me that in earlier years, that level of dancing skill wasn't a requirement.

Edited by Kaedee

Pink317 - I think the 37 year old DCC was before Kelli's time. Considering the really high standards of today's DCC, I've often wondered if Kelli would even have made the team if she auditioned today! Her friend Tina said the girls really had to be dancers now, which indicates to me that in earlier years, that level of dancing skill wasn't a requirement.

Kelli was a dance major in college and had an amazing figure. Pretty sure she would have been ok even by today's standards. She just would need a make over with that whacky hair, lol.

Oranaiche - I didn't know Kelli was a dance major in college. Guess she'd have probably been fine then. And her hair wasn't wacky in the '80's! lol

Oranaiche - I didn't know Kelli was a dance major in college. Guess she'd have probably been fine then. And her hair wasn't wacky in the '80's! lol

Haha I know but I was just imagining DCC Kelli with big hair coming to auditions in 2015 and I had a laugh.

• Love 3