Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Cami posted a picture on Instagram of her with Sam Finglass "her favorite person ever." And Sam's comment on the photo leads much to baiting further conspiracy theories and gossip...

(edited)

I just don't understand the "new" DCC standards of weight. A lot of our favorites from the early season of MTT such as Megan Fox, Meredith Oden, Misty Duncan, Tia Williams etc would have never made it today or they would be required to lose weight. To me they were curvy...yet healthy looking. The womanly figure looked achievable with the right diet. That weight restriction became really strict back during Season 1 or 2 when Ryan Ray auditioned for the first time and Kelly dismissed her for being too bottom heavy. She came back and made the team in 2007 and 2008 (limited tenure because of the weight commitment idk). I think that HD board excuse is bull****. I wonder if Queen Charlotte is hell bent on all the girls having that tiny look. Which TCC do you think will have trouble this year with the figure requirements or required to lose weight before TC is over....or is it too early to say?

Edited by dakota1990

Kelsey L. said that she was working on her solo with choreographer Stephannie Wheaton , i think that's an advantage because Stephannie choreographed for dcc before , kelli and judy already like her choreographer

(edited)

Cami posted a picture on Instagram of her with Sam Finglass "her favorite person ever." And Sam's comment on the photo leads much to baiting further conspiracy theories and gossip...

Yeah, her comment makes no sense since Cami already said herself that she didn't make it. No one is really speculating on that since we already know...but obviously we will speculate about other things since we don't all have the luxury of being Kelli's daughter. Telling people there's "no need to speculate" just comes across kind of snotty, lol.

ETA -- Kind of convenient that Cami's "absolute favorite person" is Sam Finglass.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

If the vets look a mess doing the routine next week then I'll blame the choreography. Right now I just see fatigued girls sort of moving around. I'm not buying what any of them are selling...not even Holly who I think just looks 'amazing' by default

Speaking of vets, any solo you're hoping to see? I want to know how Melissa will top her rookie audition.

Also, they choose a strong vet to open and close solos? Any guesses on who those two will be?

If the vets look a mess doing the routine next week then I'll blame the choreography. Right now I just see fatigued girls sort of moving around. I'm not buying what any of them are selling...not even Holly who I think just looks 'amazing' by default

Speaking of vets, any solo you're hoping to see? I want to know how Melissa will top her rookie audition.

Also, they choose a strong vet to open and close solos? Any guesses on who those two will be?

My guess for opening solos is Holly or Jacie.

And really, you don't think Holly (finals candidate) smashed that routine? I think she has so much power and her body just moves the right way. Someone posted a video from her Instagram unthread and I sat and watched her dancing videos for a good half hour. She's killer.

• Love 1

I think Sam was responding to how someone commented above her that 'they had already posted the TEAM photo'...when of course it was just the finalist photo, not even the training camp group photo. Like trying to say it wasn't worth speculating who would be on the field in three months.  I didn't think it was really baiting gossip?? maybe I misunderstood though.  I don't think it's weird either that she and Sam are BFF.  Aren't there mothers super close? They probably have grown up together.  Wait, was Cami's mom the one that said Chandler looked like a grandma?

I just don't understand the "new" DCC standards of weight. A lot of our favorites from the early season of MTT such as Megan Fox, Meredith Oden, Misty Duncan, Tia Williams etc would have never made it today or they would be required to lose weight. To me they were curvy...yet healthy looking. The womanly figure looked achievable with the right diet. That weight restriction became really strict back during Season 1 or 2 when Ryan Ray auditioned for the first time and Kelly dismissed her for being too bottom heavy. She came back and made the team in 2007 and 2008 (limited tenure because of the weight commitment idk). I think that HD board excuse is bull****. I wonder if Queen Charlotte is hell bent on all the girls having that tiny look. Which TCC do you think will have trouble this year with the figure requirements or required to lose weight before TC is over....or is it too early to say?

I do think HD screen makes a big difference, as well as the fact that social media is SO prevalent now.  EVERYONE is taking pictures and uploading them immediately...not the kind of controlled conditions they might have had to pose girls in a flattering way, etc. I think the bottom heavy thing is silly though.  With their uniform, the most important part that needs to be 'thin' and 'toned' is the midsection.  We have seen plenty of girls (like Meagan P) who were cut because of that but they had a super toned waist so actually having a butt to balance the chest was a great look.  But I am not head of the DCC so what do I know lol

I think Sam was responding to how someone commented above her that 'they had already posted the TEAM photo'...when of course it was just the finalist photo, not even the training camp group photo. Like trying to say it wasn't worth speculating who would be on the field in three months. I didn't think it was really baiting gossip?? maybe I misunderstood though. I don't think it's weird either that she and Sam are BFF. Aren't there mothers super close? They probably have grown up together. Wait, was Cami's mom the one that said Chandler looked like a grandma?

That was Tina Kalina that made the grandma comment about Chandler. Also wasn't her daughter Victoria (Twitter name Victoriakdcc) supposed to be trying out this year? She's definitely not a finalist if she did. Anyone know for sure?

(edited)

That was Tina Kalina that made the grandma comment about Chandler. Also wasn't her daughter Victoria (Twitter name Victoriakdcc) supposed to be trying out this year? She's definitely not a finalist if she did. Anyone know for sure?

ah yes! that was it...what did happen with Victoria??? are we sure she tried out? I looked on her instagram and she doesn't have anything about tryouts on there, or even prep that I see...

Edited by LaurenBrook

Yeah I don't know with Victoria, she either didn't do it or is still slightly too young this year for the auditions. I'm sure next year or something she will be there as well it's evident she wants to be a DCC.

(edited)

A breakdown of some of the finalists from other teams

Rose, Stephanie, Kelsey, Hilary, and Raven  are current AA Ice Angels

Shelby, Robin, Ashlynn , and Whitney are current Texas Legend dancers (Shelby & Whitney were both  FV finalists in 2013)

Jacy is a current Dallas R& B dancer

Courtney J is a current DS ice girl

Kendall is a former DS Ice girl and former Boston Bruins Ice girl

De Amber is a former DS Ice girl and former Texas Legends dancer

Shelbi is a current Texas Star dancer

Chantel is former Mavs dancer

Heather is a former pro cheerleader (not sure what team). she did audition last year.

EDITED; I didn't realize Whitney (FV finalist in 2013) is also a current Texas Legends dancer.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
(edited)

My guess for opening solos is Holly or Jacie.

And really, you don't think Holly (finals candidate) smashed that routine? I think she has so much power and her body just moves the right way. Someone posted a video from her Instagram unthread and I sat and watched her dancing videos for a good half hour. She's killer.

I'll have to look at her instagram. I couldn't decide if she was good or just stood out because the other vids were not so good. I need to see a strong vet or Mia herself do the dance to see what it is supposed to look like.

Agree on your choices to open/close solos.

Edited by pink317

I'm also excited to see how Melissa equals her rookie audition. I very much want to see Erica and Kelsey's routines as well. I'm also interested in seeing whether Ashley Pro's year of DCC has improved her dancing skills enough so that she relies less on her tumbling strength.

I predict they'll open with Jacie. Pretty much every season Kelli says Jacie's solo is her favorite Vet solo, or one of them.

Question - do the individual solos get put up somewhere so we can see them? They never show the entire solo during MTT.

I agree, Holly Arielle or Jacie will start/end (unless they pull what they did last year, and have a super strong rookie start it off...wasn't Jennifer K trying out for her second year last year? I could totally see them have Melissa do that).  Do you think this will be Holly's last year? All her BFFs are gone now and she'll have the longest tenure on the squad.  Sorry, I guess that is a question for current DCC thread! 

I hate to get too excited over any of the great dancers yet in the videos, just because of panel interviews...I could see my favorites being total dingbats and not know who the president is or what NFL stands for.

• Love 1

A breakdown of some of the finalists from other teams

Rose, Stephanie, Kelsey, Hilary, and Raven  are current AA Ice Angels

Shelby, Robin, Ashlynn  are current Texas Legend dancers (Shelby was a FV finalist in 2013-14)

Jacy is a current Dallas R& B dancer

Courtney J is a current DS ice girl

Kendall is a former DS Ice girl and former Boston Bruins Ice girl

De Amber is a former DS Ice girl and former Texas Legends dancer

Shelbi is a current Texas Star dancer

Chantel is former Mavs dancer

Whitney was a FV finalist in 2013-14

Heather is a former pro cheerleader (not sure what team). she did audition last year.

Heather b was a spurs dancer

Amy t - Knicks city

Alexis j-Utah jazz

Dakota c-TCU

Janae & Khalyn- UNT

Megan a-Baltimore ravens

Taylor b -dolphins

• Love 1

I'm also excited to see how Melissa equals her rookie audition. I very much want to see Erica and Kelsey's routines as well. I'm also interested in seeing whether Ashley Pro's year of DCC has improved her dancing skills enough so that she relies less on her tumbling strength.

I predict they'll open with Jacie. Pretty much every season Kelli says Jacie's solo is her favorite Vet solo, or one of them.

Question - do the individual solos get put up somewhere so we can see them? They never show the entire solo during MTT.

I agree about Jacie, she closed solos last year so she could open this year. I was thinking Holly might open but she could close. Either position is considered an honor! One year solos were posted online. The past year or so I've only seen them in short social media clips. Some girls have their routines on Youtube but I've only seen a few (Olivia, Carissa, Melissa, Sydney)

I agree, Holly Arielle or Jacie will start/end (unless they pull what they did last year, and have a super strong rookie start it off...wasn't Jennifer K trying out for her second year last year? I could totally see them have Melissa do that). 

I hate to get too excited over any of the great dancers yet in the videos, just because of panel interviews...I could see my favorites being total dingbats and not know who the president is or what NFL stands for.

Thinking back, that whole Jennifer K was very telling. To have someone who doesn't even have a year as a vet opening solos showed that they really liked her a  lot (and this was solidified with her being named a 2nd GL) I hope she's a rare case, though, and they go back to seniority. How scary would it be for a finals candidate to see Melissa, as the opening act, touch her foot to her head or leap so high into another back bend. I would be peeing my pants!

I know one person (cough Kelsey cough) who better not show up without knowing her stuff. If she can't answer basic football questions again, I think the panelists will rip her to shreds!

• Love 1

I am hoping Holly gets to either open or close! I really like her (though I feel like we barely know her) and she seems like a great dancer. 

that would be so awesome if they shared at least the solos of the girls who win the barbies! I love seeing the variety.  And with someone like Karissa, I didn't see her dance a lot so it was fun to see her solos and what a beautiful dancer she is!

And for real, these girls better be quizzing each other like crazy this week!! The interviews would seriously terrify me. 

The interviews would terrify me too, though I can't understand anyone not knowing the Star Spangled Banner, who the President's political party is or the major political parties. lol  I think these girls just get so nervous, they forget everything!

I felt bad for Vet Teri in S8, when she couldn't say what had impacted her most during the past year. You'd think she would have learned something from watching Alyssa get cut in S7 for her horrible panel interview! I have to wonder - do the Vets watch MTT? Don't they learn anything from their comrades getting cut for weight, or not being able to answer interview questions, stuff like that? I know Paige is ripped this year, but she got a scare last season. Just wondering....

• Love 1

I wonder that too...SURELY they would.  MTT is the best possible 'cheat sheet'!!

I still can't believe Teri could just BS something that impacted her, "The sisterhood" or "meeting military"...same with Alyssa! Alyssa's shocked me the most, especially when another judge talked about how Alyssa was usually such a great speaker.  Like you said...nerves must be SO HARSH in those.

• Love 1
(edited)

There is a girl from Utah who's still in high school that tried out. She is too cute!

Here's an article about her telling the judges she's a Mormon http://www.standard.net/Sports/2015/05/06/Fremont-senior-competing-to-become-Dallas-Cowboys-cheerleader.html

Not sure why everyone was so shocked, Courtney Cook was Mormon as well.

Anyway, here's her Insta. She's cute and fit. Great dancer as well. I definitely will be voting for her. http://instagram.com/madeline_massingill

Edited by Bailey3606
  • Love 1

So I gather from the article, all the semi-finalists must take the quiz to see if they're eligible for moving onto to finals? So it's a combination of their quiz, kicking and how well they pick up the DCC style that advances them? In the article about Madeline Massingill she says she never got how she scored on the quiz, but she obviously passed since she advanced into finals.  That was just a tidbit I didn't know!

I wonder that too...SURELY they would.  MTT is the best possible 'cheat sheet'!!

I still can't believe Teri could just BS something that impacted her, "The sisterhood" or "meeting military"...same with Alyssa! Alyssa's shocked me the most, especially when another judge talked about how Alyssa was usually such a great speaker.  Like you said...nerves must be SO HARSH in those.

Alyssa shocked me because her older sister had been in DCC for 4 or 5 seasons. Wouldn't she have told Alyssa stuff about the panel interviews? Wouldn't that be the talk of the Vets? Panel interviews and what they might ask? But Alyssa had gained weight too, so that plus the interview may have done her in.

I was also surprised that the article said 500 girls tried out. And that they are only taking 35 girls to training camp! I know the 500 girls thing is a lie, but are they seriously only taking 35 girls to TC?!

So I gather from the article, all the semi-finalists must take the quiz to see if they're eligible for moving onto to finals? So it's a combination of their quiz, kicking and how well they pick up the DCC style that advances them? In the article about Madeline Massingill she says she never got how she scored on the quiz, but she obviously passed since she advanced into finals.  That was just a tidbit I didn't know!

Alyssa shocked me because her older sister had been in DCC for 4 or 5 seasons. Wouldn't she have told Alyssa stuff about the panel interviews? Wouldn't that be the talk of the Vets? Panel interviews and what they might ask? But Alyssa had gained weight too, so that plus the interview may have done her in.

I didn't know that about a quiz either! I thought they just had a test that they took IF they made it to finals. Interesting!

Alyssa really was a puzzle...if I had someone like Ashton as my sister there to help me, MAN would I take advantage of it!! Ashton was a phenomenal dancer, in perfect shape and so well spoken. I'd be like, teach me your ways!! Maybe there was a sibling rivalry there that we never saw??

I was also surprised that the article said 500 girls tried out. And that they are only taking 35 girls to training camp! I know the 500 girls thing is a lie, but are they seriously only taking 35 girls to TC?!

I think the interview just didn't get his facts straight. For several years there were 500, 600 or more trying out. But since MTT began, the numbers have been dwindling as the fringe candidates aren't showing up in great number like they used to. I'm sure all candidates must sign a waiver saying their image can be used on the telecast. The fringies don't come off looking that great on MTT.  I think there were only about 350 girls trying out this year, and they should take about 45 girls into TC, not 35. Maybe that was a typo?

I think the interview just didn't get his facts straight. For several years there were 500, 600 or more trying out. But since MTT began, the numbers have been dwindling as the fringe candidates aren't showing up in great number like they used to. I'm sure all candidates must sign a waiver saying their image can be used on the telecast. The fringies don't come off looking that great on MTT.  I think there were only about 350 girls trying out this year, and they should take about 45 girls into TC, not 35. Maybe that was a typo?

Has to be a typo, they cant take 35 if the team is 36

So I gather from the article, all the semi-finalists must take the quiz to see if they're eligible for moving onto to finals? So it's a combination of their quiz, kicking and how well they pick up the DCC style that advances them? In the article about Madeline Massingill she says she never got how she scored on the quiz, but she obviously passed since she advanced into finals. That was just a tidbit I didn't know!

The thing about an interview is you never know what they're going to ask you. And remember Alyssa was cut after being with the squad for a year so obviously she had passed the interview the year before. She was just as equipped for the interview as Ashton was. It's very possible that if they had asked her anything else she would have been fine, but she was just thrown by the question. I believe they asked her to name one person she had met over the last year who had influenced her and why (but I might be remembering wrong). I wonder if she would have been back on the team that year if her interview had gone better, or if she would have been cut for weight. I will say that every time I watch that scene and hear her say, "I thought of one yesterday," it makes me cringe, lol.

So I guess the moral of the story is that literally anyone could screw up that interview and having a sister/friend who was on the team for 1 year or 5 wouldn't really make a difference. It just comes down to the moment. I just pray that none of my favorites this year beef the interview. I will riot if Holly is not in training camp! Lol.

It's a cutthroat business. Nothing personal, but there are several vets I wouldn't miss. This year the dolphins cut about 10 vets, now that would be drama if dcc did the same.

Wow, that sounds like serious drama.  I kinda wish the Dolphins cheerleaders had a show, too!  They are right up there with the DCC, IMO, and I love how diverse their squad is, in terms of race/ethnicity and global representation.  I know a former DCC ran their team for a long time, so it doesn't surprise me that they give Dallas a run for their money.  Ten vets is a LOT to cut.  I know Brooke Sorenson Nix is a choreographer now, so I'm even more interested in them!

As for the videos, there are some very talented dancers, and I reminded myself that they'd all just learned the dance and to cut them a little slack.  At finals, though, of course they'd better nail all those moves and make them crisp and big.  I was pretty unimpressed with racer-girl Taylor's dancing and fitness level; Ashley Paige was stiff in her neck and back STILL and I thought totally ho-hum on power and interest--she must have been scared because I thought she was less stiff last year, which is saying something.  I'm with others in my surprise that Cami didn't make finals, and I really really hope we find out why on the show.  Amy Simone was not stellar in her video, but she was fun to watch and her moves were MUCH cleaner than last year.  How much she polishes the routine before finals will be key, but I'm really rooting for her.  As far as diversity, I think the talent pool is a little deeper this year than last year, and I hope some of these girls make it through to TC.  I'm blanking on several names, but I liked the lady from Mexico, the girl with the curls (Robin maybe?), and I thought DeAmber looked pretty good.  There were several other dancers of color I liked as well.  I always think Whitney is cute and she reminds me of Mia with her long legs and dimples, but she's just a mediocre dancer.  Too bad!

I have to say, I disagree with others, in that I thought it was much better choreography than last year.  Some of what was unappealing was the execution.  It's a fast and challenging routine, and it includes a number of elements that will help judges with trained eyes see if they have the makings of a strong TCC:  double pirouettes, high kick, quick level changes, hair flips, and lots of sharp, isolated movements.  Performed cleanly and with sass, I think it's a very DCC routine that would read well on sidelines.  Someone like Holly, Jacie, Ashley N or Jennifer K would kill it and make it look so fun, I think.

Alyssa was asked to name a Cowboys running back? After two other girls went, so that narrowed her choices. Terry was asked to name the most interesting person she'd met during her time on the squad.

• Love 1

I think the diversity of DCC changes depending on the talent pool. I think Kelli would like more diversity. I believe that's why they gave Alexandra way more time to try and learn the dances last year. Considering Mallory and Chandler got cut before her, and they were better at the routines overall, shows that the organization was interested in Alexandra. It just comes down to talent and who has the entire package. Of course, when you think of the ethnicity or cultural heritage of the girls, I'm sure its wider and more varied than merely their looks will attest.

• Love 1

Alyssa was asked to name a Cowboys running back? After two other girls went, so that narrowed her choices. Terry was asked to name the most interesting person she'd met during her time on the squad.

Like I said, I could have remembered wrong. Same concept though. Anyone can blank on something like that when they're in the hot seat.

I think jenn k will open or close the solos again this year. Won't this be her third year right??????

Also I never knew the girls had to take a quiz before going to finals does anyone know what the quiz is about????????????????????????????

Do the girls still have to write an essay? I remember it being brought up a few years ago when one of the DCC's wrote tips on the website about auditions. Apparently they were supposed to be able to talk about their essay in the interview....

(edited)

Pretty sure they've always had the quiz. Vets had to take it as well. I remember years ago Kelli made the girls sit in the meeting room with girls who got the highest grades on top, and the lowest scorers sat on the bottom. Now, vets sit on top and the newest girls sit on the bottom

I remember one vet got like the 2nd lowest grade and was forced to sit in the front, Kelli didn't like that at all

Edited by Bailey3606
(edited)

Yeah, the test is on DC and DCC history, NFL and current events. I guess if a semi finalist wants to get to the finals, part of their overall score is passing the quiz. Vets take it as well. Probably as part of their finals too. Of course we know that one year Nicole Hamilton failed her quiz. She was embarrassed and Kelli wasn't pleased. But Nicole made it to TC despite not passing the quiz, so I suppose passing isn't a prerequisite for coming back, though I image not many Vets fail.

Edited by Kaedee

Pretty sure they've always had the quiz. Vets had to take it as well. I remember years ago Kelli made the girls sit in the meeting room with girls who got the highest grades on top, and the lowest scorers sat on the bottom. Now, vets sit on top and the newest girls sit on the bottom

I remember one vet got like the 2nd lowest grade and was forced to sit in the front, Kelli didn't like that at all

I think they were ranked overall on finals rankings which included the test, solos, and combination/kick line. Nicole Hamilton scored poorly and Kelli said she should have been in the back row, but she was in a lower row because of her test. I would say I wish they did it that way every year so we could get a clear visual representation of where everyone is at, but it's kind of degrading at the same time so I would feel bad for the low ranked girls getting hung out to dry on national television. They'll already feel bad enough when they get called into the office, LOL.

(edited)

They don't do that anymore, do they? If they do, it's not pointed out at the first TC meeting.

Edited by MrsEVH