Type keyword(s) to search

Which Fading Pop Stars Should Appear on Empire Next Season?

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

Oh Marky Mark we need a broke-o-meter to determine this. Usher is making too much coin from Bieber to need extra $$. Same deal Iggy. However, speaking of Moesha - what has Brandy been doing lately? Nothing much I'd say!! I think her profile needs raising! Plus, a couple of extra bucks would not go astray.

As a huge fan - I've love to see Missy Elliott (she doesn't need the money, I just want to see her!) and Salt-N-Pepa (I suspect these ladies may need the $$).

Oh Marky Mark we need a broke-o-meter to determine this. Usher is making too much coin from Bieber to need extra $$. Same deal Iggy. However, speaking of Moesha - what has Brandy been doing lately? Nothing much I'd say!! I think her profile needs raising! Plus, a couple of extra bucks would not go astray.

As a huge fan - I've love to see Missy Elliott (she doesn't need the money, I just want to see her!) and Salt-N-Pepa (I suspect these ladies may need the $$).

Hasn't Brandy been a regular on The Game? I haven't watched the show since Tia and Pooch left, but my understanding is that Brandy's character is still on the show. 

I wouldn't mind a plot where Sia wrote a song for Jamal or he covered one of her songs (I could see him rocking Elastic Heart). Given that she's notoriously private, I can't see her physically appearing on the show but given her consent, it could be a good subplot.

• Love 1

Brandy just signed on for Broadway's Chicago, so she might be a little busy, but that doesn't exclude her popping up later in the season.  I could see Brandy or Missy on the show.

• Love 1

I expect Missy to pop up soon. She's good friends with Timbaland.

I would love to see Jodeci as the old 90's band that's trying to make a, come back. Basically, they cab play themselves.

New Edition

Eminem

Dr. Dre

• Love 2

Apologies to Brandy, she has been getting work - none of it of any interest to me and not on my radar - hence my ignorant comments re: her showbiz death.  Brandy, please stay away from Empire.  No offence cos I used to watch Moesha with great love.

No to Iggy. Please and thank you.

I like the Missy suggestion so I'll add my vote to her. (Is Foxy Brown still a thing? Because I wouldn't mind her either even though she's not a pop star)

Missy is pretty much a recluse. I doubt we'd ever see her.

Not lately. I'm sure her good friend Timbaland can get her to do a song and episode. Please make it happen.

• Love 1

Missy is pretty much a recluse. I doubt we'd ever see her.

Not anymore actually.  Now that she has got her health issues under control, she says that performing at the Super Bowl has ignited/excited her to get back into her own music (she has been exclusively producing for others the last few years) her and Timbaland are in the studio now working on her new album.

Not a pop star but I would love for Taraji to call her beloved movie son Brad Pitt in for a fun episode. 

I would love Heather Headley to get a guest appearance. She is such a great vocalist, but her career seems to have stalled. Empire would give her some well deserved publicity.

• Love 3

I would love to see Heather Headley on this show.  Outside of her voice she is a good actress as well.  Since the show takes place in NYC I could totally see her being an actor on Broadway or having her own cabaret type act that Jamal discovers her from.

• Love 1

Sheryl Crowe wanting to do something with Jamal? Maybe for a soundtrack, not unlike Hakeem, but for a different kind of film. 

I love the idea of Missy; just her wanting to see if Cookie's bang-to-hype ratio is overrated. Then loving her almost as much as the rest of us.

Carlos Ponce: either as a Latin producer who wants to steal Laura from Empire or as an alternative to Michael. ( Michael's actor is a lovely gent, I'm sure, but I just never really liked Michael. Plus, he's been MIA for a chunk of time.)

The Boss. As Carol, Candace and Loretha's mom. Just because she's The Boss.

If the show wants to bring in latin viewers, I'd love to see Ricky Martin.  I just saw him in concert and he is still a total betty....and I say this as a straight woman who has no chance with him.  And he is super charismatic.....even from my nose bleed seats I could feel the love.  Maybe some sort of Jamal love triangle with Ricky Martin?

On 4/3/2015 at 9:55 AM, JBC344 said:

I think I heard that Foxy Brown was supposed to be on this season at some point but something went wrong with the idea.  Hopefully she can show up next season.

Foxy Brown....or Lil' Kim.  I know Lil' Kim is having some issues, but maybe a show like this can encourage her to reclaim her original skin tone, because she was once such a very pretty brown girl.