Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Tim and Heidi’s registry been found and posted. There is a kitchen aide on there. Wonder if it’s for them or greedy Jill!

I feel confident that Jill will not be getting any of Heidi's wedding gifts.

• Like 20
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Tim and Heidi’s registry been found and posted. There is a kitchen aide on there. Wonder if it’s for them or greedy Jill!

I hope it's for Heidi.  Jill can go suck an egg.

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2

If Heidi gets the KitchenAid, Jill will be green with envy. If she can't successfully guilt Tim into giving it to her, she'll pester her daughters and working sons and sons-in-law until they "surprise" her. Jill has no boundaries when it comes to getting what she wants. 

Jill doesn't cook or bake, other than the occasional tray of canned biscuits or pot of grease and creamed whatever, so I can't imagine why she wants a fancy mixer.

You'd think her highly successful Plexus business would enable her to afford such luxuries. She really shouldn't need to raid someone else's gift registry. /s 

• Like 17
  • LOL 1
On 7/2/2024 at 4:59 PM, oliviabenson said:

B59C7ECF-F8B2-4ECB-9D13-351993AC4E23.jpeg

DAD58663-073D-4DAD-AAA7-54A78FC1F795.jpeg

Her eyes lmao 

Oh the irony of Jill writing that the girls did “so good” in school. Way to model proper grammar, Jill. Typical crap from Joyful Noyes School of Stupidity and Ignorance.

• Like 21
  • Applause 3
14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill, you were pregnant in your 35 year old picture. And as for 45, well, your waist hasn't been that tiny since you were a teenager. Love the false advertising. 😂

And I don't think her hands on either side of that tiny waist have been that small since she grew up. 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 19

I wonder if the Plexus company gives instructions about filtering photos, or if this is all Jill's idea.  I also wonder what people who meet her in person think if they have seen her posts.  She looks totally different in real life.  I certainly would not trust anyone who lies about their appearance so drastically.

• Like 15
  • Love 1

Jill's pics are right up there with the 98lb weakling ads from back in the day.

Jill actually has an 'honest' pitch. Her lies would be more believable if she went with starting Plexus prior to her last 2 pregnancies and look at her now.

Obviously Plexus is snake oil, but if she's going to lie, why not go with something closer to the truth.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

1F0916DE-4FD7-45DB-9EDF-79CEB97C12FF.jpeg

😬🙄

You won't care about your weight says Jill who claims she does a "reset" every 6 weeks or so and brags about losing 5-7 lbs or so each time.

You won't care what you weighed because I can teach you the teapot pose and use of filters to fool (no one) you are trim.

You will be in such great health no one will notice your hands and ankles are swollen all the time.

One of my top sales people Ellen, can explain the benefits of plexus to take care of all gut health issues.... oops forget that one.

• Like 7
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2

I think it's possible Jill truly believes she still looks like a twenty-five-year-old, not the forty-five-year-old mother of 13 children. She knows she's touched up the "after" picture a little, but it's still accurate in her mind. 

Otherwise, she'd have to admit she's a godly Christian woman who engages in deception to make money to pack her closet with cheap clothes and tote bags and to try to earn trips for herself and her hubby to places they disapprove of. 

• Like 18
  • Love 2

One more church meeting (grift stop) then off to Florida.   Because goodness knows Jill needs another vacation after working so hard recently.  Does anyone really believe she is going to "help" Nurie?   Of course not, she is going to make sure everyone knows she is the grandmother (while looking so young) of a girl baby.   Also to make sure even the new baby doesn't get more attention than Jill.   Nurie and Nathan must never forget that Jill is the #1 priority at all times.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

One more church meeting (grift stop) then off to Florida.   Because goodness knows Jill needs another vacation after working so hard recently.  Does anyone really believe she is going to "help" Nurie?   Of course not, she is going to make sure everyone knows she is the grandmother (while looking so young) of a girl baby.   Also to make sure even the new baby doesn't get more attention than Jill.   Nurie and Nathan must never forget that Jill is the #1 priority at all times.

She hasn't been shown "helping" with the previous two. Jill's "help" seems to be showing up, having her phone out to get content, planning outings for the new mother so Jill can have a free outing, bringing a random girl along to mix the pink drink for Nurie so she can get back to being trim right away, etc

New baby MUST hear Mimi's screech while being born, have pics taken first with mimi and then with aunt baby Janessa while she paws at the poor baby. 🙄

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

When I think of Jill's visit after one of Nurie's children was born, I remember the sightseeing boat trip Jill insisted they all take, even though Nurie was in a wheelchair after a difficult birth and probably not feeling great. There were two wheelchairs available--a nice one and a smaller fold-up one. Jill with her come-and-go torn knee claimed the more comfortable chair for the outing, leaving Nurie the one with the unpadded seat. Best Mama always comes first. Nurie just kept smiling for the camera through that ordeal and the dinner afterward. 

• Sad 13
  • Thanks 2
(edited)
57 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

She hasn't been shown "helping" with the previous two.

When one of the boys was born, wasn't Jill being pushed around while sitting in a wheelchair on family outings, because of her severely injured knee that had a dozen things wrong with it? 

I seem to remember that, but then I'm not good at keeping all of Jill's performances straight in my memory. I do remember thinking, how helpful is poor injured Mahmo being anyway and why doesn't she just go home so that Nurie has one less helpless human to care for?

EDIT:  SNAP! @BradandJanet got here with the deets just as I was writing and posting this. Awesome.

Edited by Minivanessa
  • LOL 5
30 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

All talk of Jill aside, Nurie looks beautiful and healthy.  Too bad she won’t really be getting any help from Screaming Mimi.

"Screaming Mimi." That's perfect! ❤️

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

I just remember poor Nurie and her stitches sitting in that uncomfortable  wheelchair on the boat, while BME took the nice chair for herself. Why Jill needed a wheelchair for the boat made no sense since only Nurie had a chair before they got to the dock. The other chair belonged to the cruise company, if I remember correctly. 

That even Precious Nurie could be so disregarded by her mother speaks volumes about Jill's selfishness. I'm sure she'll expect Nathan and Nurie to take her and Hunk sightseeing and dining while dragging the new baby along with them. Jill loves to show off "her" babies. Of course, she did the same to poor Kaylee and right-out-of-the-NICU Gideon, even including a theater trip, with no concern for  Kaylee's comfort or Gideon's health. 

I hope Heidi sets firm boundaries on this egregious behavior. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 5

The "once a year" all family vacation must be coming up soon and I am sure the Nathan Keller family will be expected to be there. I suspect it might be closer to the Keller fam this year since Kaylee told Nurie see you soon.

If Kaylee can bring her baby directly from NICU then Nurie will have no excuse.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 10
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I hope Heidi sets firm boundaries on this egregious behavior. 

I like to think that Heidi’s mother will be present when Heidi delivers a baby, ready to go  full mama bear if Jill tries her usual tricks. 

• Like 17
  • Love 3

I feel sorry for little Newman.  Nemo was the first grandchild, so he will always have high standing.  And now a GIRL!!! who will always be very, very special.  That leaves poor Newman, who is overshadowed by his older brother because he is not the "first", and he will never compete with the first GIRL.  Poor kid.

• Sad 13
On 7/5/2024 at 11:07 AM, Absolom said:

Is Sofia the one whose permanent teeth took an age to come in?

It took forever (a couple of YEARS) for Sadie’s 4 front teeth to come in.

• Sad 8
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7188.jpeg

"I am coming?" Not WE? Is Jill going by herself because the RV can't make it? I bet if that's the case she takes Renee or Tessie. Someone needs to cook and change all those diapers. 🙄

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7191.jpeg

It is well over 80 degrees today.  Why is poor little Sofia wearing winter boots?  That poor kid needs an intervention, STAT.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Notabug said:

It is well over 80 degrees today.  Why is poor little Sofia wearing winter boots?  That poor kid needs an intervention, STAT.

This picture is from their pitstop earlier this week. Maybe it was cooler then? 

Eh, probably not. 

• Sad 1

NuJill is about to meet OldJill. OldJill reeks of cheap perfume and polyester and caked on makeup. NuJills newborn eyes and nose are about to introduced to a whole lot of overstimulation! And that loud screechy voice. My condolences NuJill.

• Sad 3

Was the boat excursion the time Jill thought it would be a great idea to tell the internet about Nurie's stitches from having the baby?  Wonder what she will share this time.  Mastitis?  Post-op infection?  Plexus curing them both?  I, for one, would not be surprised if this baby girl arrives, takes one look/listen to MeMe, and just nopes it back to Nurie's stomach pouch uterus.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8

The youngest 3-4 girls are so neglected it’s criminal. None have thick hair like the oldest girls. Always dressed out of season aka Jill’s old shoes/clothes and thin/balding.

Olivia probably needs glasses and Sofia needs so much medical intervention. If one girl will be infertile it’s Sofia. Can she even chew properly?

But hey as long as Jill has her fake hair and plexus and David his snacks it’s all good in the Rodrigues barn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 2
  • Applause 2

That picture really makes me worry about Sophia and Olivia. They both look so sickly that I almost don't notice their ragbag outfits. Janessa looks healthier, but some of the Janessa related posts lately have really made me think something's up. Whether it's Jill's babying her last blessing (crib at 6) or that she maybe didn't have quite the miracle recovery from her developmental issues that Jill led us to believe (at the time, I thought Janessa's issues were like Jill's 30 knee issues, 100% invented or exaggerated for the grift, but now I'm not sure -- about Janessa, J's knee is still 100% bs). 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, satrunrose said:

That picture really makes me worry about Sophia and Olivia. They both look so sickly that I almost don't notice their ragbag outfits. Janessa looks healthier, but some of the Janessa related posts lately have really made me think something's up. Whether it's Jill's babying her last blessing (crib at 6) or that she maybe didn't have quite the miracle recovery from her developmental issues that Jill led us to believe (at the time, I thought Janessa's issues were like Jill's 30 knee issues, 100% invented or exaggerated for the grift, but now I'm not sure -- about Janessa, J's knee is still 100% bs). 

And Jill’s torn shoulder! 

Janessa doesn’t look healthy either. She is skin and bones and thin hair. Jill isn’t feeding her much either.

• Sad 5
2 hours ago, sixlets said:

Was the boat excursion the time Jill thought it would be a great idea to tell the internet about Nurie's stitches from having the baby?  Wonder what she will share this time.  Mastitis?  Post-op infection?  Plexus curing them both?  I, for one, would not be surprised if this baby girl arrives, takes one look/listen to MeMe, and just nopes it back to Nurie's stomach pouch uterus.

I just hope the baby is ok.  Nurie has been drinking Plexus and raw milk her whole pregnancy.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 3
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, we have no evidence of either. 

Kaylee,OTOH...

My mistake.  I had the two mixed up.  Kaylee is drinking raw milk and Plexus.  We have seen a post of her buying the milk.

• Sad 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

My mistake.  I had the two mixed up.  Kaylee is drinking raw milk and Plexus.  We have seen a post of her buying the milk.

Oh yeah, there's plenty of evidence that Kaylee is swilling both Plexus and raw milk daily. 

• Sad 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

This picture is from their pitstop earlier this week. Maybe it was cooler then? 

Eh, probably not. 

The boots appear to have a fleece lining, you can also see they have thick rubber soles.  There is nowhere in the continental US that had weather appropriate for winter boots in the last week.  I live about an hour from the Rods.  Typical summer weather this week with highs in the mid 70's to mid 80's.

Jill and one of the older girls are wearing summer sandals.  Except for Janessa who is wearing tights and dress shoes, the other girls are wearing dress shoes without socks or tights.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Notabug said:

The boots appear to have a fleece lining.  There is nowhere in the continental US that had weather appropriate for winter boots in the last week.  I live about an hour from the Rods.  Typical summer weather this week with highs in the mid 70's to mid 80's.

They weren't in Ohio. They were in Richmond, then went on to Amy's. 

And I'm sure the church had a/c, so not life or death, just stupid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They weren't in Ohio. They were in Richmond, then went on to Amy's. 

Temperatures mid 80's to mid 90's there this past week.  I cannot imagine how hot and sweaty and smelly that poor child's feet were.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
(edited)

Sometimes it's the child who wants to wear inappropriate items.  I've had to hide granddaugter's Uggs the last three springs because she'll insist they aren't too warm and they are so comfortable she wants to wear them.  I can't imagine Jill would go to the effort to keep one of her kids from wearing winter boots in summer and I wonder if she even notices or cares about the footwear.  She does seem to care about the matchy tops or dresses though.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill insisted that Janessa wanted to wear the winter boots to the zoo, so there's a pattern.

My concern is that the 'pattern' is that the winter boots are the only footwear the kid has that fit her properly and are comfortable.  If I thought Jill gave a rat's patootie about Sofia and made sure that she had proper shoes for church and play in the summer, I would let it pass; but we've seen the kids, especially the younger girls in shoes that obviously do not fit them and are inappropriate to the setting all the time.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 18