Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Sadie and Sofia were excluded from the zoo trip. 

Apparently only these 3 were extra diligent in their school work for the past year. That was the reason Jill gave for taking those 3 to the zoo.

So we are to believe Janessa, who slept in a crib until a few months ago was diligent in her school work.🙄

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2

That woman's so obvious favoritism is off the charts.  That alone is enough to hate her, and to be one of the unfavored?  Unbelievably sad and pathetic.

That plus all her hyper-religious act, narcissism, and hate-filled judgements of others, makes me ill.  Go fuck yourselves, Jill and David.  You're horrible!

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
59 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

How very mahdest of Dave to be copping a feel at the freakin' ZOO.  

Also why the pen in his shirt pocket?  Is Jill going to be "surprised" by the girls writing a "mama i love you for taking us to the zoo you are the best most beautiful mahmo ever" note today?

Note on a banana! Banangate 2024 I can’t ever forget. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

They must not have done well enough in their school work to be rewarded.  Isn’t that nice- an entire year of doing well gets you a trip to the ZOO.  Something every  other family does just because it’s some random Saturday. 

And dinner at Cracker Barrel. Money that could have been better spent on food for the rest of them. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Apparently only these 3 were extra diligent in their school work for the past year. That was the reason Jill gave for taking those 3 to the zoo.

So we are to believe Janessa, who slept in a crib until a few months ago was diligent in her school work.🙄

Nope, the other two were  “extra diligent”, Janessa “did pretty good” and was included.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Nope, the other two were  “extra diligent”, Janessa “did pretty good” and was included.

Janessa was included because she asked to be “saved”.  I don’t know, but isn’t this something she should talk to her pastor about?  Or her brother-in-law, Pastor Nathan Keller of the open wallet?  I wouldn’t trust Davey to lead me to the front door, let alone to God. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Janessa was included because she asked to be “saved”.  I don’t know, but isn’t this something she should talk to her pastor about?  Or her brother-in-law, Pastor Nathan Keller of the open wallet?  I wouldn’t trust Davey to lead me to the front door, let alone to God. 

I think the zoo trip happened last week. Jill called this group of pictures a photodump. I think they are currently headed to WV for the 4th. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She had her 6th birthday in April.

So she should be doing first grade work beginning August/September.  Hm, do we think we'll get videos of her reading by Christmas?  Most kindergartners learn some reading these days, but I'll be gracious for Jill using old material.  

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

So she should be doing first grade work beginning August/September.  Hm, do we think we'll get videos of her reading by Christmas?  Most kindergartners learn some reading these days, but I'll be gracious for Jill using old material.  

Janessa should at least be able to write her name and recognize some sight words. Jill is further infantalizing her by holding her back a year. But preschoolers know how to write their names. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

I wonder what the weather was. Janessa was wearing a long sleeve shirt under a dress and then what looked like grey sweatpants under the dress. One of the other girls has a floor-length dress on but then has black leggings underneath. 

They are so strange. Also Hannah is a dead ringer for Nurie now that she’s caked in makeup. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 7
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sofia and Sadie might have been extra diligent if they had regular school hours and a real teacher.

Wasn't Sofia the one shown doing school work with Renee helping and when Jill asked what they were studying Renee had to flip back to the cover before she said science? Also, that was at 8:30pm I think.

Same video 19 yr old sam was shown doing 3 column addition and basic division, like a 3 digit number divided by 4. ☹️

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Sad 12
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

More likely that JIll somehow scored some free passes to the Zoo and there weren't enough for all the kids.  There is no way in heck they paid for admission themselves.

The state of Ohio does have a program available to low income families that gives them up to $1000 a year in supplemental educational activities including stuff like admission to the zoo.  It's actually easier for homeschoolers to qualify and they can also purchase educational supplies with it.  The funds are part of a program designed to help low income families to overcome the educational hardships of COVID.  So Jill could've gotten admission paid for all the school aged kids if she applied for it.  Since she doesn't believe COVID is/was real, maybe Jesus told her not to apply.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 6

So Akron Zoo has this policy where ticket prices are based on different factors such as day of the week, weather, expected attendance, etc. pricing for tomorrow (Wednesday) is Adults $14 children $11.  So if the Rods don’t have grifted free entries, admission for two adults and three kids would be around $61.  This doesn’t include any snacks or meals.  So that day cost them around $200 factoring in gas and snacks for Davey (evident by the rather large cup in his hand in the one pic) and topping it all off with dinner at Cracker Barrel.  And this is after Jill’s very recent and expensive trip to Vegas! Not to mention her mother of the grad outfit. If I were them and needed to keep the grift going, the last thing I would do is broadcast all the costly things I did.  Folks catch on to that stuff.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

So Akron Zoo has this policy where ticket prices are based on different factors such as day of the week, weather, expected attendance, etc. pricing for tomorrow (Wednesday) is Adults $14 children $11.  So if the Rods don’t have grifted free entries, admission for two adults and three kids would be around $61.  This doesn’t include any snacks or meals.  So that day cost them around $200 factoring in gas and snacks for Davey (evident by the rather large cup in his hand in the one pic) and topping it all off with dinner at Cracker Barrel.  And this is after Jill’s very recent and expensive trip to Vegas! Not to mention her mother of the grad outfit. If I were them and needed to keep the grift going, the last thing I would do is broadcast all the costly things I did.  Folks catch on to that stuff.

I don’t know what the adults ate at Cracker Barrel but Janessa and Olivia ate mac &cheese and Hannah ate a salad.  That’s not much of a meal IMO.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Janessa cannot ride the carousel or go down a slide by herself  at 6? 

I see your point. But. Given the voluminous clothing she was wearing, plus the boots, it's probably safer that Jill was there with her. All it would take is part of that big skirt getting snagged on something, to cause a fall or something that could hurt her.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
7 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I wonder if the folks at Joy Baptist Church caught on, and that's at least part of the reason the Rods have moved on to that wonderful new improved church. 

And I also wonder if, in their new and larger church, Jill is still making a point to grab front-row seats at the services and hoist her phone up for constant selfies and videos during the proceedings. I think if you hadn't read her many Jesus-y screeds on the innernetz, and you just saw her doing that? You could logically conclude that she actively worships her iPhone. 

jillchurch1.jpg.52fadd707888b96cb0b47ae40632cc2c.jpg

• Like 9
  • Angry 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Minivanessa said:

Wow, if that picture isn't just the perfect encapsulation of Jill.

Front row, too.  She is performative in the extreme.  I hope that all it takes is for one congregant to suggest that maybe filming yourself and others worshipping isn't exactly proper church behavior for Jill to huff off in a cloud of fake Chanel No. 5 and Aquanet and start searching for church #57 where she can do whatever she wants, until that congregation catches on, and so forth.

Wonder why she just doesn't do what Kody Brown of Sister Wives did on Season One and pretend that his family had their own "church?"  Hold services in the plastic flower graveyard and film away.  Of course their caterwauling might upset the neighbors, but it's better than filming people who might just be at church for their own personal reasons, not to be on Jill's humblebrag social media page.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Wow, if that picture isn't just the perfect encapsulation of Jill Rodriguez...

Front row, too.  She is performative in the extreme.  I hope that all it takes is for one congregant to suggest that maybe filming yourself and others worshipping isn't exactly proper church behavior for Jill to huff off in a cloud of fake Chanel No. 5 and Aquanet and start searching for church #57 where she can do whatever she wants, until that congregation catches on, and so forth.

Wonder why she just doesn't do what Kody Brown of Sister Wives did on Season One and pretend that his family had their own "church?"  Hold services in the plastic flower graveyard and film away.  Of course their caterwauling might upset the neighbors, but it's better than filming people who might just be at church for their own personal reasons, not to be on Jill's humblebrag social media page.

I grabbed that photo off reddit. I believe it was taken at their recently-discarded church, and that their new church is larger than the one in the photo. 

The problem with the Rods having their own "church" - there would be nobody in the congregation they can grift from. Attending church services is not just religion, it's part of their source of income as a whole family "serving Jesus."

• Like 17
4 minutes ago, Minivanessa said:

The problem with the Rods having their own "church" - there would be nobody in the congregation they can grift from. Attending church services is not just religion, it's part of their source of income as a whole family "serving Jesus."

I didn't think that through.  Plus there would be no witnesses other than her kids to see just how beautiful and holy Jill is (in that order).

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

Jill has stated she doesn't believe in having home churches, churches at home. I don't recall the reason she gave. But the real reason would be no grifting opportunities.

From the videos of the new church rod family and the Jonathan Hill family have been right up front on the left.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, Minivanessa said:

I wonder if the folks at Joy Baptist Church caught on, and that's at least part of the reason the Rods have moved on to that wonderful new improved church. 

And I also wonder if, in their new and larger church, Jill is still making a point to grab front-row seats at the services and hoist her phone up for constant selfies and videos during the proceedings. I think if you hadn't read her many Jesus-y screeds on the innernetz, and you just saw her doing that? You could logically conclude that she actively worships her iPhone. 

That photo is so offensive. This is supposed to be a solemn moment and there she is camera out taking a selfie with a big f-ing smile on her face. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4

I would not be surprised if someone at her previous church told her that services are for worship, not creating "content" for her social media.   To which she would have huffed that her social media is part of the family's "full time ministry."   Then left to go find another church to terrorize.

At least Mrs. Cake took over and DID things in the Church before moving on.

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I want to know who took the picture of Jill, David and Janessa while they were praying that Janessa would be saved.  That should be a very spiritual experience but Jill wanted it recorded for social media’s sake.  She’s a sick, sick lunatic.

For that matter, who took the picture of Jill in church taking a picture of herself?  Were the waifs on stage performing and she gave one of them a phone to capture MeMe in all her glory?  

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
34 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I want to know who took the picture of Jill, David and Janessa while they were praying that Janessa would be saved.  That should be a very spiritual experience but Jill wanted it recorded for social media’s sake.  She’s a sick, sick lunatic.

they put such a high mark on this moment.... shouldn't it have not been photographed? 

• Like 8
33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

For that matter, who took the picture of Jill in church taking a picture of herself?  Were the waifs on stage performing and she gave one of them a phone to capture MeMe in all her glory?  

I originally found it on reddit. After research I've learned that it's on the Joy Baptist Church website. The photographer is not named. I'm not sure if I can post the link to that page, but it's public. The section is "Photography" and you have to click through the photos one by one to find it. 

Edited by Minivanessa
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Wow, if that picture isn't just the perfect encapsulation of Jill.

No one to grift of and no free potlucks and no one to try to sell her crap like plexus/magazine/cd etc. 

Baptist church of the upstairs attic can’t be a real thing!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Hold on, wait, wait… if Jill left Joy Baptist does that mean no more:

Jill planning the ladies retreat???? Guess she is gonna miss out on a big chunk of free $. Someone on Reddit calculated how much it really cost vs how much Jill charged. Jill pocketed a lot of $ from overcharging.

Maybe that’s why she was asked to leave. 

Or maybe there so many men there/Jill poor planning people who went asked for a refund/complained???

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Is the "ladies retreat" part of the Joy Baptist Church's activities, i.e., sponsored by the church? TBH I don't pay much attention to the flyers that Jill produces to announce/promote the retreats. Is the church named on those?

AFAIK Jill herself organizes the event, contracts with the venue, sends out the flyers, and handles all the registrations and money. I assume she promoted it at her church - and everywhere else she could - but does she require the "blessing" or some kind of sponsorship by a church to hold the retreat?

I'm really curious about how that works in the IFB world. 

I suppose we'll see next year, if Jill continues "her" annual ladies retreat after leaving Joy Baptist. 

• Like 6

I never been to Cracker Barrel. I looked it up: Mac and cheese is $3.50. I assume a side salad might be $5-6. Jill and David of course didn’t show what they got aka a full entree. So the kids watched as the parents stuffed their faces with meat etc while they ate Mac and cheese and a salad. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, Minivanessa said:

Is the "ladies retreat" part of the Joy Baptist Church's activities, i.e., sponsored by the church? TBH I don't pay much attention to the flyers that Jill produces to announce/promote the retreats. Is the church named on those?

AFAIK Jill herself organizes the event, contracts with the venue, sends out the flyers, and handles all the registrations and money. I assume she promoted it at her church - and everywhere else she could - but does she require the "blessing" or some kind of sponsorship by a church to hold the retreat?

I'm really curious about how that works in the IFB world. 

I suppose we'll see next year, if Jill continues "her" annual ladies retreat after leaving Joy Baptist. 

I’m pretty sure that retreat is through the old joy Baptist church.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I never been to Cracker Barrel. I looked it up: Mac and cheese is $3.50. I assume a side salad might be $5-6. Jill and David of course didn’t show what they got aka a full entree. So the kids watched as the parents stuffed their faces with meat etc while they ate Mac and cheese and a salad. 

I love eating from Cracker Barrel.  Are the portions huge ?  Yes.   Will it kill your arteries.  Most definitely. Do I regret it?  Nope 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
Just now, dariafan said:

I love eating from Cracker Barrel.  Are the portions huge ?  Yes.   Will it kill your arteries.  Most definitely. Do I regret it?  Nope 

I haven't eaten there in ages. The last time I ate there, the ham was so tough and everything was over salty. My friend loves going there, so maybe I should try another (ours has some poor reviews as well). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
17 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

No Cracker Barrel in my state. Bummer the menu looks good!

There is a small chain in North Illinois called Walker Bros. They have every kind of pancake you can think of in addition to wonderful breakfast/brunch foods.  I keep hoping they would open one nearer to where I live. I meet my friends for brunch there and it is so good. Big portions too. 

Darn all this talk is making me hungry. I guess the most we can say is the girls got a decent meal out. I hope they were allowed to order what they want. For Janessa, the mac and cheese was probably enough. And don't  you get a basket of biscuits with your meal? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5
39 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

There is a small chain in North Illinois called Walker Bros. They have every kind of pancake you can think of in addition to wonderful breakfast/brunch foods.  I keep hoping they would open one nearer to where I live. I meet my friends for brunch there and it is so good. Big portions too. 

Darn all this talk is making me hungry. I guess the most we can say is the girls got a decent meal out. I hope they were allowed to order what they want. For Janessa, the mac and cheese was probably enough. And don't  you get a basket of biscuits with your meal? 

I highly doubt Jill and ofJill shared anything from their plates! I think what we saw the kids eat   was it. 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 3