Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
47 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill and David don't want to lose the mission clearinghouse money they receive monthly, so David will continue to run off smiley tracts when he has to. It's only a few times a year. However, they may still have to do their "musical" and speaking tours to find churches to order the tracts. I'm not sure how it works. Jill does love being on stage performing and fashioning herself as part of a ministry, so there's that. 

Jill is never going to make enough money in Plexus to quit the domestic missionary gig. The only possibility is she finds enough employed, gullible young men like Jonathan to marry their daughters so she and Dave can mooch off of them. 

Speaking of mooching, those Sound of Music tickets were $62 apiece. Jonathan probably paid for dinner, too. 

Jinx! 😀

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4

She wore out her welcome at her old church as usual or no one wanted to give them any more $. Jill never gives anything and complained loudly about helping an elderly church person ONCE. 

New church: new victims! 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

It is interesting she posts the church picture like that is the same church they have been going to all along, just like she did with Phillip changing bible colleges.

I have wondered for a while if they had left Joy Baptist. The guys played on the baseball team one year and then never again. Jill posted of having the little girls sit in during orchestra practice to "learn to play" and claimed everyone one loved them being there. (I bet people did not love it)

I bet people didn't love Jill's camera out at worship, Jill taking video of their children and posting them on her sm among other things.

• Like 18

I guess the new church gave & towards sams car.

I bet Jill is looking to grift new to her rv/cars.

Basically we all share similar opinions on why Jill is where she is at! So neat! A new church to grift at! 

• Like 10
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The only possibility is she finds enough employed, gullible young men like Jonathan to marry their daughters so she and Dave can mooch off of them. 

Because she realized that claims to how young she looks notwithstanding, she and Dave are going to not be able to "work" someday.   The Sons in Law are the retirement plan.   

2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The only possibility is she finds enough employed, gullible young men like Jonathan to marry their daughters so she and Dave can mooch off of them. 

Because she realized that claims to how young she looks notwithstanding, she and Dave are going to not be able to "work" someday.   The Sons in Law are the retirement plan.   

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It is interesting she posts the church picture like that is the same church they have been going to all along, just like she did with Phillip changing bible colleges.

She probably didn't want to post that they left Joy Baptist because she was mad about something or because they were asked to leave. There's a pattern she may realize other people will notice. Of course, nothing is her fault.

• Like 14
20 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder if they're headed to Amy's in WV for the 4th? They can pretend they're helping Pat while there. 🙄

She will travel anywhere that she can get free food at. Never mind that gas is expensive and for that $ she can stock her fridge.

On the way to Amy’s they can swim in a few dirty ditches. It’s her way of celebrating being a dummy!

Where are the ditches at??? 

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Not being fundie, I never understood why Jill was so adamant about the KJV.  She and David really think that a version translated 1600 years later from the original language by non native speakers of that language is more accurate than the original?    

People who believe as Jill and David do aren't concerned with logic. That's why trying to reason with them is supremely frustrating. 

• Like 18
(edited)

Not surprising Kaylee and Jonathan bailed the new church they joined with Timothy and are now right up there next to mama and the rod siblings singing in the church choir at Jill's new church. (sad)

David led singing on a wed recently. He seemed to have no clue what he was doing. Audience shot showed rod family and maybe 10 other people.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder if they're headed to Amy's in WV for the 4th? They can pretend they're helping Pat while there. 🙄

Don’t they usually have a 4th of July “parade”, just for the kids? 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Don’t they usually have a 4th of July “parade”, just for the kids? 

Yes. Because normal parades show too much skin. And they are fun.  Can’t have any of that. And besides, isn’t it fun to dress up in your cousin’s even more ill-fitting clothes and parade around the yard?  I’m not going to knock it, my cousins and I used to put on “plays” at my grandparents’ house on holidays.  But we also went to parades and fireworks and all that, too. 

• Like 15

Perhaps the people of Joy Baptist felt their hard-earned money belonged in the hands of GOOD people, and cut Jilly off. If that is the case, I cannot support the sentiment but would wholeheartedly applaud the action.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

A little while ago, Jill railed against those who seemed to oppose her in matters of faith. They started attending Peoples Baptist in April. Does this change jive with her rants? 

It is worth noting that Joy Baptist helped her with the Ladies Retreats in the past couple of years. She waited to leave JB until after the retreat in March was over. Interesting timing ..

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 12
(edited)

I looked at the new church's fb. Rod's appear for the first time in early April and do their grift tour routine. Dave tells his story and printing ministry blurb.

Jill pitches the magazine, book and CD. She also speaks condolences about the pastor of the church recently passing away and states they heard of this church from one of the pastors on the recent grift tour and also they go way back with bro somebody seated off stage. She mangled the referring pastor's name, but it was from one of their recent stops. diAssan... something. (Bro Lou D from April 2024 missions conference, which was after the rod's were already at new church to grift)

Jill continues with intro of Nurie and Pastor Nathan. Then Timothy to marry a sweet girl in Sept. Next Kaylee, who is there with them and Jill has Kaylee and Jonathan stand up.

Renee introduces herself, then Phillip. She states Phillip is doing a bible course and lives on the property. She also seems surprised Phillip is in attendance because she says "oh you are here"

They play many songs. Kaylee joins them onstage to play the mandolin.

No idea what it is Hannah is supposed to be wearing here.

Screenshot (657).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

Jill posting other people’s children continues, I assume without permission. I’m not posting the pictures, obviously.

”VBS week for our 4 little girls.  😊  These are Janessa and Sofia's classes.  The teacher gave them each a picture of their classes.  🥰  We LOVE the area we live in!  We are SO blessed!  😊

• Sad 5
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill posting other people’s children continues, I assume without permission. I’m not posting the pictures, obviously.

”VBS week for our 4 little girls.  😊  These are Janessa and Sofia's classes.  The teacher gave them each a picture of their classes.  🥰  We LOVE the area we live in!  We are SO blessed!  😊

I saw the pictures on her page. Did they go to an Amish Bible School? 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I saw the pictures on her page. Did they go to an Amish Bible School? 

Yeah, I was surprised to see Amish and/or Mennonites at something as mainstream as VBS. 

• Like 3

And we all know that is exactly why Jill posted the pics - to show the girls with Amish/Mennonite children.

It looks to me S&J are attending their camp. Do those communities use the KJV?

• Like 8

It was probably a free camp or whatever it’s called. Jill dumped them there.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Phillip "lives on the property". Did he take over Tim's mini camper?

I thought Tim sold his camper.

i think Philip either sleeps in the new shed or the futon in the hallway. I vote for the futon because in the shed Jill can’t spy on him. well if she puts cameras inside the shed she sure can. 

• Sad 5
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

It was probably a free camp or whatever it’s called. Jill dumped them there.

I thought Tim sold his camper.

i think Philip either sleeps in the new shed or the futon in the hallway. I vote for the futon because in the shed Jill can’t spy on him. well if she puts cameras inside the shed she sure can. 

Why wouldn't he sleep in the boys' room?

• Like 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Jill has a California king bed while Janessa JUST got moved out of the crib?

Maybe that's just the size comforter she buys? IIRC, California Kings are just longer Queen sized beds.

And the Rods are not tall.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
28 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Jill has a California king bed while Janessa JUST got moved out of the crib?

And is still in a closet with no window and a miscarriage shrine! 

• Sad 8
  • Angry 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe he doesn't want to or maybe like when Timothy went to Moody once mama packs up everything you own and moves you school you are on your own. Timothy did sell his trailer, so Phillip is not in that.

Renee previously stated "he lives with us, but doesn't travel with us because he is doing online bible college and working full time."

Now it is "he is taking a bible course and lives on the property". No mention of work. Not that he isn't working, she just didn't mention it.

But it was weird she seemed so surprised he was actually there when she was "introducing" him.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

But it was weird she seemed so surprised he was actually there when she was "introducing" him.

That is strange.

I wonder if he’s in a timeout from getting up there and speaking.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That is strange.

I wonder if he’s in a timeout from getting up there and speaking.

That video was from early April at the new church and Phillip's brains sucked by the devil straight to hell spiel was just after Samuel's graduation in June.

But when Phillip was on stage with the fam at that grift stop he seemed to have no idea what he was supposed to be doing up there for the intro. The others had to keep directing him and then he went off with he flying figleaf flubhead nonsense and looked back at Sam and Gabe before he pulled out his fun fact of being a deep thinker.

• Useful 10
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Mahmo redecorated it and I don’t think there is space for Philip anymore. 

I guess he can br sleeping on the floor in the boys room.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Why does Jill spend so much time and $ continuously redecorating???

Because she is a sad, needy person with a gaping hole in her soul that will never be filled.    Material things are never enough for someone like her so she needs more and more.

• Like 17
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Because she is a sad, needy person with a gaping hole in her soul that will never be filled.    Material things are never enough for someone like her so she needs more and more.

That is so well said. I have a SIL who, although she differs from Jill in that she's an avowed atheist, is constantly redecorating and acquiring more stuff. I'd say she has the same kind of hole in her soul. A soul hole, if you will.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Why does Jill spend so much time and $ continuously redecorating???

Because she is selfish. 

• Like 10

Ah, those cluster B personality types with souls like a bucket with a big hole in the bottom. The people around them scramble to keep pouring in water, but the hole means the bucket can't stay filled.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Ah, those cluster B personality types with souls like a bucket with a big hole in the bottom. The people around them scramble to keep pouring in water, but the hole means the bucket can't stay filled.

And they will walk over anyone to try to fill their empty souls.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

AFE5EC7C-69AA-4AB4-96B4-7624DD2FD123.jpeg

48F86ED2-5B3F-4182-ACD5-9A27391DBBF2.jpeg

15D8829A-9E8A-4356-9581-16C2873DB3A0.jpeg

192636C2-EE23-4624-94E8-4CE2EDF996A1.jpeg

24455804-2637-43F7-9DEA-D618DBA0869E.jpeg

7B4D5889-EC11-474D-B694-0FE0DFB26432.jpeg

477D027B-61C5-4C18-9F53-CC65DF709FEE.jpeg

How very mahdest of Dave to be copping a feel at the freakin' ZOO.  

Also why the pen in his shirt pocket?  Is Jill going to be "surprised" by the girls writing a "mama i love you for taking us to the zoo you are the best most beautiful mahmo ever" note today?

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
52 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Sadie and Sofia were excluded from the zoo trip. 

They must not have done well enough in their school work to be rewarded.  Isn’t that nice- an entire year of doing well gets you a trip to the ZOO.  Something every  other family does just because it’s some random Saturday. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 13