Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Coming soon to: hinge and christianmingle. Them boobs can poke someone’s eye out. 

4E462BFB-C6CD-4514-9B68-01EB6DD447B5.jpeg

She’s just so thrilled with herself!  She also thinks the back of her hair looks amazing and is showing it off. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Samuel graduated, but Jill posed for a bunch of pictures there for Plexus. Nice.

Came here to say this.  It's probably her passive-aggressive way of telling Sammers that he would've graduated last year if he'd been any good at "school," so this day is actually going to be about Jill and her smokin' dress and hair extensions.

I wonder what Samuel was doing while Jill was playing supermodel.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Nurie sent Jill pictures from VBS at their church. I wonder if permission was given from parents to use these pictures on Jill’s social media.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Nurie sent Jill pictures from VBS at their church. I wonder if permission was given from parents to use these pictures on Jill’s social media.

From the pictures you can just hear Nurie using that super sonic squealing voice the Rod women use with all children.

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

From the pictures you can just hear Nurie using that super sonic squealing voice the Rod women use with all children.

Only dogs and dolphins can hear that or understand it. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

Their children  are so developmentally stunted. Gabriel, the youngest male, is 18.  Which male offspring is climbing up on the swing set?   And why?   How many young adult male brothers  have you seen do that?  In fact, how many young adult brothers willingly hang around park swing sets in the first place? 

• Like 11
  • Sad 3
14 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Which is all she has to brag about because she literally has no other accomplishments.   Not a clean house, well fed family, well educated kids who will grow up to make a difference in the world, etc.

The problem is not that she had 13 kids.   Its that she literally did not care about them once they were born.   They exist for her to make "content" and money for her.   In which case, she should have had none of them, not just fewer.

The napkins at Samuel's graduation party were sad to think about what they said and Samuel's future. He is not allowed to do any of these things. Never has been allowed to do some of them.

The sole role of the boys is to do maintenance work for her and apparently to tell her that she is gorgeous. 🤮

Screenshot (655).png

Screenshot (649).png

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 9
1 minute ago, satrunrose said:

Kind of off topic, but normality check: Do other people tell their parents they're gorgeous and I just didn't get the memo, or is this just more of Jill's narcissism?

Maybe a young daughter would say ‘ mom, you look nice or pretty’ … but not boys. Especially teenage and older.  Mom is mom- she’s not someone boys recognize as being cute or pretty or desirable.   This is yet  another way this group damages their offspring. 

• Like 21
  • Applause 2

The boys only tell her she's gorgeous (if that's even true) because they know she has to hear accolades all the time. In discussions about narcissism, it's called getting supply. If they don't supply Jill with feel good about herself compliments, they know there will be hell to pay. That's life in the Rod home!  

• Like 4
  • Sad 15
3 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

The boys only tell her she's gorgeous (if that's even true) because they know she has to hear accolades all the time. In discussions about narcissism, it's called getting supply. If they don't supply Jill with feel good about herself compliments, they know there will be hell to pay. That's life in the Rod home!  

She has like 20 love languages. And all that makes her one of the shittiest mothers I am aware of.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Consider who wrote it. A vain woman who has birthed a boatload of children whom she has, without exception, neglected to feed, socialize, educate, and prepare for the future. A woman who inexplicably acts and dresses like she's still twenty years old. A woman who heaps praise on a husband whose one skill seems to be siring children and then forgetting about them. A woman who's married to a man whose favorite activities are falling asleep in a chair and dipping up first when food is available. 

Ugh. Nobody envies the Rodriguses. We feel sorry for these children. 

Make that 16. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

It must be a tough life when you base your happiness on your looks as aging takes its inevitable tolls. 

In the documentary LulaRich, one top seller talks about pressure from the owners to have bariatric and cosmetic surgery at a clinic in Tijuana. It seems they wanted slim, attractive people to be the face of gaudy, super-stretchy LulaRoe clothing. Go figure. I wonder how Plexus feels about its sellers. Maybe Plexus doesn't care as long as the money keeps rolling in. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

The boys only tell her she's gorgeous (if that's even true) because they know she has to hear accolades all the time.

I think it probably is true. I might think it was a joke if Jill hadn't posted so many times about the children using money meant for them to buy things for mama. Random church gave the children each money for themselves and they pooled it all and spent it all on mama. Gabe, not sure what age, but young, wanders off in a store and uses his birthday money or something to buy flowers for mama. Timothy buying mama valentines gifts. The kids get crappy birthday and christmas gifts and they pool their money to get mama an ebike.

Even this week Kaylee, who was freaking traveling with mama, commented on Jill's fb post showing the filtered/altered back of mama in her mother of the grad gown to say how beautiful Jill was.

They have all been fully trained to build mama's ego and keep her happy at all times.

ETA - Gabriel was 12 and used his vacation money/spending money at a walmart to buy mama flowers in south dakota.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 18

Jill used to write the kids' Best Mama Ever posts and maybe still does. She has no boundaries.

I wonder if David is going to get Best Papa Ever posts tomorrow. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He never gets any public recognition. 

Yup, we don't even know if he sweetly grunts in their general direction.

• LOL 10

The best thing that could happen to Jill, and quite frankly, the rest of the family, is menopause.  I have a sneaking suspicion that she's still doing whatever she thinks she needs to do to get pregnant again.  Scary thing is, that there have been quite a few celebrities who are getting pregnant past the age of 50.  The latest was the actress who played 'Angela' on "Boy Meets World".  She announced a few weeks ago, and she's 54.  Jill doesn't give two hoots about her kids.  She only cares about what they can give her.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

Jill’s Father’s Day post:

Happy Father's day to all the faithful Dad's out there....but ESPECIALLY to my favorites!  💙  

Happy Father's Day to......

1) David (the faithful father to our 13 children).  He never gives up, even when providing for this big family proves challenging.  He guides our home spiritually and has given his entire live to serving God full-time.  He is my ROCK (outside of God) and I am BEYOND thankful for him!  🥰🥰🥰

2) My Daddy - Timothy Noyes   He is faithful and loves God and has such a tender heart to be passionate for the ways of Christ.  I am HONORED to call him my Daddy!  ❤️  

3)  I appreciate my son in laws - Nathan Keller and JonathanKaylee Hill .  They have both made decisions to lead their home in a way that brings God, David, and I GREAT joy!  👍 

We are blessed beyond words!  🙏 

Happy Father's Day!  😊🥰  

Proverbs 17:6b ......the glory of children are their fathers.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4

Jill needs to proofread. This post was dashed off pretty quickly, and she's not showing off her Best Homeschooling Mama Ever skills here. Also, minor quibbles, David spent part of his adult life partying and chasing women; he has not "given his entire life to serving God full-time." Her son-in-law is Jonathan Hill, not JonathanKaylee. She'd never write NathanNurie for Pastor Nathan Keller.

No mention that the fathers in Jill's life are fun, attentive, hardworking, and loving people. It appears they're too busy pleasing God to pay attention to their multiple offspring. 

If David gets a father's day cake, I hope he manages to sit up in his recliner to eat it. Choking is a hazard. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It must be a tough life when you base your happiness on your looks as aging takes its inevitable tolls. 

In the documentary LulaRich, one top seller talks about pressure from the owners to have bariatric and cosmetic surgery at a clinic in Tijuana. It seems they wanted slim, attractive people to be the face of gaudy, super-stretchy LulaRoe clothing. Go figure. I wonder how Plexus feels about its sellers. Maybe Plexus doesn't care as long as the money keeps rolling in. 

They want their sellers to look good because that proves the products work. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, sixlets said:

The best thing that could happen to Jill, and quite frankly, the rest of the family, is menopause.  I have a sneaking suspicion that she's still doing whatever she thinks she needs to do to get pregnant again.  Scary thing is, that there have been quite a few celebrities who are getting pregnant past the age of 50.  The latest was the actress who played 'Angela' on "Boy Meets World".  She announced a few weeks ago, and she's 54.  Jill doesn't give two hoots about her kids.  She only cares about what they can give her.

You can pretty well bet money that any celeb getting pregnant in her 50's used technology including a donor egg to do it.  Unless maybe she had some eggs of her own frozen back in her 30's.   It just does not happen that women in the 50's routinely get pregnant at the rate that it happens in the celeb crowd.

At least, JRod probably lacks the do re mi to pay for fertility treatment.

37 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

They want their sellers to look good because that proves the products work. 

There's also quite a bit of research that people are more likely to buy from a salesperson perceived as attractive.

• Like 18
47 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

" Her son-in-law is Jonathan Hill, not JonathanKaylee. She'd never write NathanNurie for Pastor Nathan Keller.

The post is copied from Jill’s Facebook post.  JonathanKaylee Hill is Kaylee’s Facebook id

• Useful 2
11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

The post is copied from Jill’s Facebook post.  JonathanKaylee Hill is Kaylee’s Facebook id

Couldn't Jill have edited it to give Jonathan his own name for Father's Day?

Is she in Vegas at the Plexus Gold conference? If so, I'm really curious how that's going and who went with her. 

• Like 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is she in Vegas at the Plexus Gold conference?

It’s June 18-20.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
18 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I think it probably is true. I might think it was a joke if Jill hadn't posted so many times about the children using money meant for them to buy things for mama. Random church gave the children each money for themselves and they pooled it all and spent it all on mama. Gabe, not sure what age, but young, wanders off in a store and uses his birthday money or something to buy flowers for mama. Timothy buying mama valentines gifts. The kids get crappy birthday and christmas gifts and they pool their money to get mama an ebike.

Even this week Kaylee, who was freaking traveling with mama, commented on Jill's fb post showing the filtered/altered back of mama in her mother of the grad gown to say how beautiful Jill was.

They have all been fully trained to build mama's ego and keep her happy at all times.

ETA - Gabriel was 12 and used his vacation money/spending money at a walmart to buy mama flowers in south dakota.

Remember when they went to Build A Bear and decided the one person in a family of 13 kids who deserved a bear was Mahmo?   

All the times they have family "competitions" and Jill wins?   Then she brags she beat little kids.

• Sad 17
28 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Remember when they went to Build A Bear and decided the one person in a family of 13 kids who deserved a bear was Mahmo?   

All the times they have family "competitions" and Jill wins?   Then she brags she beat little kids.

The birthday Rod, who was a fifteen-year-old daughter or son, usually got to sit next to a random little kid's birthday party while building the bear. What fun for a teenager, especially a boy. If BME liked the bear, God would tell the Birthday Rodlet to give it to Mama to add to her stuffed animal collection that sat on an upper shelf in her walk-in closet. 

I guess Mama has enough stuffed animals; the tradition has ended. 

Jill appears to have an emotional age of 12. 

• Like 14
49 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

Jill, you have sons-in-law, not son-in-laws.  

I guess she didn't teach much grammar in her home school.  The correct use of me/I is another topic that apparently wasn't taught.  She makes this mistake often.  I doubt proofreading would help her posts; she doesn't know the correct usage.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 2

How about this from 2017 when Nurie was 18, Tim 17 and Kaylee 16.

Where would they have been allowed to go alone for this??

Screenshot (656).png

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 5
  • Useful 2
57 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (656).png

Maybe Jill (or Jill and Hunk) drove and waited in the car enjoying a coffee and a snack until the kids returned with the spontaneous gifts. 

• Sad 4
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (656).png

Just "because" they knew what would happen if they didn't.

• Like 6
  • Sad 11
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Those kids must live their lives in a state of constant anxiety and they probably don't even recognize it as such.  When you're forced to tip-toe and placate Mahmo on a daily basis, it becomes second nature.  I wonder if any of them will be able to someday truly escape Jill and enjoy a life free from having to constantly try to stay on her good side.  My guess is that being on her bad side comes with some substantial and unjust punishments.  I hope Gabe is okay after his last little church speech.

19 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Jill (or Jill and Hunk) drove and waited in the car enjoying a coffee and a snack until the kids returned with the spontaneous gifts. 

After the kidults scrounged around under couch cushions and combed parking lots for dropped change and pooled it to buy Jill whatever she hinted she wanted that day.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

They are so isolated they don't know this is not normal.   Part of the reason Jill keeps them isolated. ....I think Timmy is finding out what that is like with Heidi's family and it is blowing his mind.

This is the interesting part - so now does Timmy somehow gently start to tell his siblings that the larger world is not like the one they grew up in?  Or is he still too petrified of his mother and remains silent?  Same with Nurie being away from Jill's clutches - does she speak up or does Nathan silence her?

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This is the interesting part - so now does Timmy somehow gently start to tell his siblings that the larger world is not like the one they grew up in?  Or is he still too petrified of his mother and remains silent?  Same with Nurie being away from Jill's clutches - does she speak up or does Nathan silence her?

I don't see Nurie as rocking any boats. She's all wrapped up in her wife and mother role, and TBH I don't know that she lives in a world that's much different from the Rod household. The big differences are that her narc mother isn't literally in her space 24/7/365 and she's no longer part of the traveling Rod grift squad. But apparently her husband doesn't do social media (he's preached against it), the Kellers are deep into the world of IFB, Nurie's totally indoctrinated to be the submissive wife, and IMO there hasn't been much in Nurie's life as a Keller that would have expanded her world view. 

I don't know about Tim. He could be a wild card. His future in-laws don't appear to be as sequestered from the world as the Rods and Kellers. But they're fundies/IFB. He's experiencing the wider world through the lens of his indoctrinated beliefs. We've already seen some of that - remember his leaving a nasty review for a coffee shop that enforced their no-soliciting rule against his trying to sell insurance there? 

I think the indoctrination is deep, and the impact on any person of having a narc parent is also deep and long lasting. 

I really don't see either Tim or Nurie changing their minds much even when experiencing life outside their mother's orbit, much less doing anything to change their siblings' minds. ETA: Yes, Tim could go a little rogue, but I'd be surprised if that happened anytime soon.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 18
  • Useful 1