Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So these tracts are different than the norm?

I think DBD added the smiley face to the cover. He doesn't generally divert from his set designs, so this is a big deal! 😂

• LOL 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Not only was it about Jill, it was about her miscarriages, and how  traumatic Olivia’s birth was for her.  How sad that her birthday  is a means to convey how much Jill sacrificed to deliver her. 

Don't forget about her losing 60% of her blood! 🙄🙄🙄

Edited by realityfan26
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13

Worst thing about Olivia and mama's SEVERE miscarriages is not the birthday posts she will never see. It is that every damn stop on the grift tour while mama talks about blessed Nurie, Tim, (and Kaylee), Renee introduces absent Phillip, Gabe "introduces our dad". Sammer man, Tessie and Hannah get to offer embarrassing facts about themselves and EVERY DAMN TIME Olivia gets to announce the SEVERE miscarriages mama had and that they will someday meet them in heaven. Her monotone delivery of this is heartbreaking. That any parent would make a kid do that is cruel.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 25
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Poor Olivia can't even say something like "I'm learning to play the guitar." I hate what Jill is doing to her. 

right?? I have a 12 year old grand and they would say things like, I am crazed about the new Percy Jackson show, I like to read, I like super soft hoodies or whatever.

My 12 yr grand old might also add "I got headphones for christmas so I can block out the noise of the rest of my family" Kid got exactly that and is extremely happy to not hear the loudness of the other 6 people in the house. 😂

• Like 14

If Jill hadn't been called to spread the Word on social media, none of us would know what a selfish, cruel mother and general human being she is. Thank you Lord Daniel, I guess. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

Even with their IMO shitty beliefs, Heidi's family appears 100+ times better than the Rods.  I hope Timmay is easing up on his opinions of women's dress, among other issues.  He's not really escaping fundie-ism totally, but he is way better off than he was.

• Like 19
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Michelle used to do the same thing on the 19s' birthdays. I think a few of them even thanked her for risking her life to have them.

Shouldn't they all be thanking Jesus?

I think the Duggars mostly thanked their mom for bravely putting her life on the line for them to be born on Mother's Day.  I can just imagine the "talk" Jim Bob gave to the kids nightly on the week leading up to Mother's Day, when the kids were all circled up in the boy's room, in their pj's, about this.  The purpose was to make them feel guilty for Michelle facing death to deliver them, how heroic she was to do this, and make the kids more loyal to her.   It was also during this nightly "bible/family" time where Jim-Bob would pick a verse from the bible, read it to the kids and then explain it in Jim-Bob perspective.  That's how the kids "learned" the bible.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Buying that house in Ohio was a mistake. I hope they can move closer to Heidi's family, the sooner the better. I hope they don't lose money doing so. I would imagine that as soon as a blessing is on the way, Heidi would much prefer being close to her own family.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Buying that house in Ohio was a mistake. I hope they can move closer to Heidi's family, the sooner the better. I hope they don't lose money doing so. I would imagine that as soon as a blessing is on the way, Heidi would much prefer being close to her own family.

Why do these people all feel the need to buy homes immediately? Why not rent for a few years like most people?

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
22 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Why do these people all feel the need to buy homes immediately? Why not rent for a few years like most people?

Because they have to prove they are able to provide. And I guess they feel a house means stability. 

• Like 9
21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Because they have to prove they are able to provide. And I guess they feel a house means stability. 

Paying rent is providing, imho. 

• Like 16
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Poor Olivia can't even say something like "I'm learning to play the guitar." I hate what Jill is doing to her. 

Just more evidence that BME is rotten to the core.  She’s a horrible POS.

• Like 9

Unless Tim can split his property (he owns the adjoining lot) and sell the vacant lot for a decent amount of money, he will have a hard time getting his $140,000 back out of it to move elsewhere. It was flipped by the owner previous to him and was not high quality work in any way. Plus that place has a front door about 3 feet from the road.

Timothy has a mortgage and Mama and Daddy have at least one mortgage on the barndo. source - public tax records

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

Unless Tim can split his property (he owns the adjoining lot) and sell the vacant lot for a decent amount of money, he will have a hard time getting his $140,000 back out of it to move elsewhere. It was flipped by the owner previous to him and was not high quality work in any way. Plus that place has a front door about 3 feet from the road.

Timothy has a mortgage and Mama and Daddy have at least one mortgage on the barndo. source - public tax records

I agree. The flipper saw a sucker, and Tim now owns an albatross. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
54 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm glad Olivia's traumatic, twisted body straightened out. That probably happened pretty quickly after she was born. 

Does BME really believe she lost over 60% of her blood at one time? Anyway, I SEVERELY hope the transfused blood she received came from single mothers with blue hair, LGBTQ+ people, P0C, vaccinated men, and atheists. 

I almost feel sorry for the blood that made its way to the brain of such an idiot. 

I love you will you be my bestie?! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

5A3E6A9A-0FB8-473B-A3D7-0FBAAE271605.jpeg

Maybe timster will move from Ohio someday 

Jill doesn’t like Tim but I don’t think she wants to lose control of him.

I found Hallie's video on TikTok. Heidi's Mom replied to a comment so it seems as if she's aware of the talk about Tim's family and isn't bothered. That could be awkward!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
8 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

Heidi's Mom replied to a comment so it seems as if she's aware of the talk about Tim's family and isn't bothered. That could be awkward!

Oh my.  This could get entertaining.  I'm guessing there are plans for handling and containing Jill.

• Like 15
  • LOL 1

Plexus Slim requires a 40-hour fast? I thought just drinking it melted away unwanted weight, like the nose has melted off Jill's face. 

Did Jill really last forty hours without sneaking into her private drawer in the fridge? Only her kids are expected to go without eating.  

Phillip looks great. Do the Catholics in Hungary know they are lost souls? Does Phillip listen to the Hungarian national anthem or just watch it? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 18
45 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

4347FB19-7D3D-4820-8AC7-FEF4D3BC26EB.jpeg

As if she fasts

Why is Dave always wearing dirty clothes? 

75B7F867-8790-4BE2-8B6A-C83B54A38011.jpeg

06BE5AA1-251B-4690-9F35-F93E40CE025A.jpeg

40 hours??  How healthy is it to fast that long?  I hope she is not encouraging people with health issues like diabetes to do this.  Although she does encourage pregnant and nursing moms to drink Plexus.  And she only ate 2 boiled eggs?  No wonder she acts kind of goofy.  Her blood sugar is all over the place.

• Like 13
  • Useful 2

Fasting diets must be popular.  I have LDS neighbors who are on a "diet" that includes 24 hour fasts.  He husband has had stints put in this past year and is diabetic.  The wife says he fasts for 24 hours at a time and is off all his meds.  I don't see how this can be healthy.  Not sure if his doctor knows what he is doing.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 13
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

Oh my.  This could get entertaining.  I'm guessing there are plans for handling and containing Jill.

Her invitations to the wedding will be “lost in the mail”

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
48 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The rehearsal dinner will consist of pretzels and Plexus. 

Jill will probably find someone's party to "be invited to" (crash) that just happens to be the same day--like poor Nurie's wedding reception.  I sure hope Heidi's sisters make sure her hair is nice and her veil isn't sideways.  I also hope her family knows enough to keep Jill far, far away from anything pertaining to the bride or the wedding.

• Like 13
5 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Fasting diets must be popular.  I have LDS neighbors who are on a "diet" that includes 24 hour fasts.  He husband has had stints put in this past year and is diabetic.  The wife says he fasts for 24 hours at a time and is off all his meds.  I don't see how this can be healthy.  Not sure if his doctor knows what he is doing.

He can't have diabetes if he can fast for twenty-four hours. You have to eat on a schedule or you'll be in trouble. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Jill doesn't look like a real person in that pic of her with the eggs. Lay off the filters, Jill! Her coloring looks scary. She looks scary. I just can't with her!

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Jill doesn't look like a real person in that pic of her with the eggs. Lay off the filters, Jill! Her coloring looks scary. She looks scary. I just can't with her!

And as usual she has no nose! Haha.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I assume he's listening while watching. What he is watching is a question. Does he have a DVD or something?

How often is the Hungarian national anthem on TV or radio? This is ridiculous. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

How often is the Hungarian national anthem on TV or radio? This is ridiculous. 

He must Youtube it. I'm guessing it may be played at the Olympics every once in a while, but I don't think the average American happens upon it often or ever.

• Like 17
(edited)
11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

He can't have diabetes if he can fast for twenty-four hours. You have to eat on a schedule or you'll be in trouble. 

That's what I say, too.  I don't know how he is doing it.  He had actually been quite ill a few months ago.  He may be taking some supplement.  I sure hope it's not Plexus, but I'm sure there are MLM sellers at their church, so it is very possible that he is using some product.  I do know he has lost a ton of weight very quickly, which is also not healthy.  I purposely have not asked because I don't want to seem like I am interested.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 6
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Jill thinks that God is the most important thing her life when in reality, it’s social media.  She’s addicted to social media, although she would argue that until doomsday.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

4347FB19-7D3D-4820-8AC7-FEF4D3BC26EB.jpeg

As if she fasts

Why is Dave always wearing dirty clothes? 

75B7F867-8790-4BE2-8B6A-C83B54A38011.jpeg

06BE5AA1-251B-4690-9F35-F93E40CE025A.jpeg

The lazy bitch bought pre-cooked hard boiled eggs!!

• Like 7
  • LOL 12