Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Does Jill have a passport? She'll need one by November if she wants to get off the ship in Haiti. 

I don’t think she needs one as long as she sticks to the cruise line’s special property. 

• Useful 3

In any event, she wouldn't be allowed to snap a photo featuring her GORGEOUS GODLY countenance indulgently smiling or crying, depending on the Jesusy-status of the passport people, so she would cry 'persecution!' at the passport people. . .  and then post long screeds about how, during the trip, she was NOT ALLOWED to go here there and everywhere due to her UNCOMPROMISING FAITH IN JESUS and by the way don't you just dream of being in my Plexus downline so you can go on trips like this?

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 3
  • LOL 7
8 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

She probably has a passport. 

Where has she traveled outside the States? I can't think of any places. 

We know DBD and Nurie went to Africa (sluttish women, anyone?), but Jill stayed home and got attacked by an evil can of green beans.😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

She got Severely cut while opening the can. It was like the attack of the upstairs attic throw rug with 90% more satan. 

Since the Hunk was in Africa (forget which country) with Nurie, Jill was in charge of the entire house. By herself! And Satan moved right in.  

Or maybe it's just that Jill doesn't spend enough time in a kitchen to be able to use a can opener without getting hurt. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 17
49 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The attacks by satan with david away were just relentless according to jill. Not only the green bean attack, but stuck in the snow twice.😂

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3401

Satan was that badly threatened by her ADVANCE AND HOLD THE LINE on green beans? Amazing.

(and the "sweetly grunting" DBD is absolute GOLD, for sure, @Salacious Kitty)

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 2
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

What is she going to do if sweetly grunting hunk dies first?

She’s going to drape herself in long black veils, post endless pictures of herself with tears and mascara running down her face, along with videos of the kids praying and singing at Hunk’s gravesite and triple her grifting efforts. 

At some point, she may decide to start looking around for a second husband and she may even find some poor slob dumb enough to take on her and her family, in which case we’ll hear that “God is so good to me!”.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

I suspect that if something were to happen to still David's sweet grunts while the waifs are still waifish then we're going to get the full-blown Victorian mourning treatment. Think of the grifting possibilities! Jill, the poor young (lol) widow and her poor impoverished children with no brave headship to protect (aka pay for them) in this wicked world.

If the kids are grown, I can either see Jill finding herself a new mark as fast as she can, or do her own version of moving into a child's house for a few months, milking her poor widow status and making them absolutely miserable before the kid in question finally breaks and sends her off to the next Rodlet. 

• Like 14
10 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I suspect that if something were to happen to still David's sweet grunts while the waifs are still waifish then we're going to get the full-blown Victorian mourning treatment. Think of the grifting possibilities! Jill, the poor young (lol) widow and her poor impoverished children with no brave headship to protect (aka pay for them) in this wicked world.

If the kids are grown, I can either see Jill finding herself a new mark as fast as she can, or do her own version of moving into a child's house for a few months, milking her poor widow status and making them absolutely miserable before the kid in question finally breaks and sends her off to the next Rodlet. 

And in either case, the GoFundMe campaign page will be epic. Just - over the top. A Jill creation for the ages. Probably will earn its own Wikipedia entry. (I hope David lives a nice long life so Jill isn't unleashed on an unsuspecting world like that.)

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
17 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I wonder what would happen in the opposite situation, ie if Jill is called home to Lord Daniel after a tragic plexus overdose. 

Interesting thought. In some ways, their lives would become far less stressful without their self-involved leader. However, Jill does keep the Rod-machine going enough to generate some money. DBD would probably just sit in his recliner, waiting to dip up first whatever food a daughter has prepared. There would be less emphasis on 80's make up and hairstyles. Renee might be permitted to grow out her badly damaged hair. Dave might even encourage the Rodlets who are old enough, to go get ordinary jobs and to turn over their paychecks in order to keep a roof over their heads. I don't know how quick he would be to remarry. They all might just enjoy the peace and quiet and privacy, for a nice change. 

• Like 12
7 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

If Jill were called to the big laundromat in the sky before David, I honestly think the whole grift machine would grind to a halt. I don’t believe DBD has any interest in this beyond the thought that he doesn’t have to hold down a 9 to 5 job. He puddles around in his “print shop” a couple hours a week and watches his map until it’s time to load up the stink bus and go grift. He does the bare minimum to keep the grift going…it’s all Jill. She makes all the arrangements for their tours.  He just waits to be told where to go.  Oh, and he goes on several vacations a year that are either given to them or the grift pays for.  

Totally agree. No doubt they would all be SOL without Jill's grifting.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Sweet grunting hunk would remarry within 6 months. He is too lazy to do anything and needs a wife/maid/sweet fellowship.

I'm not sure anyone would be lining up to marry an unemployed guy in his 50s(?) with a half dozen dependents.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 9
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

If Jill were called to the big laundromat in the sky before David, I honestly think the whole grift machine would grind to a halt. I don’t believe DBD has any interest in this beyond the thought that he doesn’t have to hold down a 9 to 5 job. He puddles around in his “print shop” a couple hours a week and watches his map until it’s time to load up the stink bus and go grift. He does the bare minimum to keep the grift going…it’s all Jill. She makes all the arrangements for their tours.  He just waits to be told where to go.  Oh, and he goes on several vacations a year that are either given to them or the grift pays for.  

"The big laundromat in the sky" is perfect. I guess Lord Daniel will be sitting in judgment. He may still harbor some resentment about Jill's yapping in his face while he was folding his boxers.

Even worse, that may have been the day the whole gang was having "family time" while their clothes were washing and drying. Family time in public for the Rods always involves shouting Bible verses and singing off key.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13

There are plenty of desperate/lonely women who’d marry him. 

Oh, for sure, but would DBD have the get up and go to find that desperate lady who would be happy with a luxury Ohio Barndominum, a lazy husband and thirteen profoundly weird kids (just to be clear, this last one is completely on Jilldo)?

I'd also be fascinated to see what happens to the money with a hypothetical NuJill. Women aren't supposed to work in their world, but I firmly believe that between the grifting and the self promotion and the tours and the ladies retreats and yes, even the plexus, Jill is mostly what keeps the family going financially. Could DBD find someone else who could loudly and proudly laud him as the headship while doing all the money making work behind the scenes?

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

There are plenty of desperate/lonely women who’d marry him. 

Maybe if he could provide things like, I don't know, food and electricity. But Jill really is the bread winner, so if she goes, so does the income.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Oh, for sure, but would DBD have the get up and go to find that desperate lady who would be happy with a luxury Ohio Barndominum, a lazy husband and thirteen profoundly weird kids (just to be clear, this last one is completely on Jilldo)?

I'd also be fascinated to see what happens to the money with a hypothetical NuJill. Women aren't supposed to work in their world, but I firmly believe that between the grifting and the self promotion and the tours and the ladies retreats and yes, even the plexus, Jill is mostly what keeps the family going financially. Could DBD find someone else who could loudly and proudly laud him as the headship while doing all the money making work behind the scenes?

Ok, "luxury Ohio Barndominium" is hilarious! The 2nd Mrs. DBD is going to have to hustle her bustle to be the new breadwinner for this family! Because Dave is mostly skilled at map watching from his recliner. He does have a drawer full of recycled sermons to bring to a new relationship, if the new Missus arranges for some family entertainment grifting at various churches. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Ok, "luxury Ohio Barndominium" is hilarious! The 2nd Mrs. DBD is going to have to hustle her bustle to be the new breadwinner for this family! Because Dave is mostly skilled at map watching from his recliner. He does have a drawer full of recycled sermons to bring to a new relationship, if the new Missus arranges for some family entertainment grifting at various churches. 

DBD may be forced to fire up the printing press for paying jobs. Can't have that! 

• LOL 7
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

DBD may be forced to fire up the printing press for paying jobs. Can't have that! 

But nothing new, of course. Dave apparently finished thinking up printing designs (and sermons) long ago and is now content to recycle old ideas...if he has to work at all!

• LOL 8
3 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

But nothing new, of course. Dave apparently finished thinking up printing designs (and sermons) long ago and is now content to recycle old ideas...if he has to work at all!

You've got a point. He'll have to churn out millions of smiley face tracts. 😂

• LOL 5

But Jill once bragged that Dave was the hardest working man she ever met, a man who worked 24/7 (or some such nonsense). Sure, Jill. 

I really wonder if David ever thinks about a life without Jillybean. Does he realize that she's the current breadwinner? It's hard to say. He might just believe all the superior male head- of-the-household stuff he's been fed. He would probably end up as lost as Pa Noyes seems to be since Ma's got sick. 

Dave will probably expect his kids to support him in a way he never did for them. 

4 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I think it would be difficult for DBD to find a new wife. I'm not sure he's interested enough in his own life to make the effort!

True. This is a man who can't even be bothered to change into a clean bowling shirt to go out to eat in the Nice Olive Garden. 

• Like 13
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nah, he’s got plenty of kids old enough to get full time jobs and support him if it comes to that. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I wonder what would happen in the opposite situation, ie if Jill is called home to Lord Daniel after a tragic plexus overdose. 

Okay but is anyone else wondering how long it would be before he'd notice? If he's settle into the Map Chair for the night, or if he's out in the print shop for some "me time", would anyone want to interrupt the peace and quiet - or would they sense something was suspiciously wrong because Mahmo hadn't been up in their faces filming?

• LOL 11
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So how does that actually work? When David is home Satan skips to the next house? David carries a Satan sword on his hip? Only David's prayers can ward off Satan? And how did Satan know David wasn't home? And how does Jill know Satan was behind all these attacks?

I'm going to have to rethink my whole life now. Like, if I trip on my shoelace is it because I am too lazy to bend down and tie my shoe, or is it an attack from Satan?

(I'm guessing Jill actually missed Nurie more than David, because Nurie would have been the one opening the green beans.)

Satan spends way too much time smelling brimstone. He absolutely is avoiding “sweetly grunting” DBD’s fart aroma.

• LOL 8
41 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The lipstick color is a nope. Filtering herself as usual. She needs to use 100x less makeup lolz.

She's so into that lip color now. I think it's grotesque. And her filters are insane. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

When her mole and most of her nose disappear, she's over-filtered.

Considering all the eye makeup she wears, shy doesn't she fix that wonky eyebrow? It's getting into sperm territory. If she's addicted to eyebrow destruction, she could at least add a few strokes of an eyebrow pencil to even it out. 

• Like 11