Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

And what's with just one pie for over 20 people? Do better by your potential benefactors, Jill (well, actually Renee, Tessie, and Hannah).

Edited because I caved and looked at her stories. It looks like there were 2 pies. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Why is she always pointing at stuff with her finger???

I've just realized what this finger-pointing reminds me of.  When I was a child I had a Viewmaster with a "Christmas Carol" set of reels.  The spectral Ghost of Christmas Future just pointed to dire scenes of the future without saying a word to Scrooge.  That's what Jill's finger-pointing represents. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And what's with just one pie for over 20 people? Do better by your potential benefactors, Jill (well, actually Renee, Tessie, and Hannah).

Could Jill be that cheap? (Never mind.) Surely she had the child cooks make more than one pie unless the guests showed up with dessert. Twenty people would take three pies minimum, more if there are several multi-dippers at the table, and there probably are. 

Is she going to brag that the strawberries and rhubarb came from her home garden--the small, unattended garden that magically produces giant cucumbers and dozens of perfect ears of corn? 

• Like 11
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, Teriacky said:

Kaylee, do you see how uncomfortable your premie son is in his “men’s wear”? Stop dressing him like somebody’s grandfather and put him in SOFT clothing!  

My mom hated seeing infants and toddlers dressed like little old men in suits, vests or ties. She was a little more lenient on the girls. 

• Like 9

If I found out I was to be on a cruise with Jill--or any convention, for that matter--I would consider cancelling my plans.  I don't think any cruise ship is big enough to be able to avoid this group.  And what, exactly, will she do on a cruise?  Sit in the sun in her swimming dress?  Spend her time avoiding the bars?  The pool area--and Hawaii beaches--will give her plenty of occasions to feel very superior.  There will be a lot of people to put down. Maybe she will hand out tracts and try saving people.  Does Hunk get to go free, too?

Does the company rent the entire ship?

I have no idea where the spoiler box came from. Please ignore.

Spoiler

No idea why this box suddenly appeared.  Sorry.

Sorry, for some reason I read Hawaii instead of Caribbean.  Only the location has changed--my thoughts are the same!

Edited by CalicoKitty
more added
  • Like 11
  • LOL 3
41 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She gets a room for one, that's it. Getting there, food and hunk will cost her extra. 

IIRC, cruises usually include food. Well at least three meals a day. Alcohol, snacks and some other dining choices are added charges.

Isn't November still hurricane season in the Caribbean area? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

And what, exactly, will she do on a cruise? 

She and David will sneak onto the bow of the ship to re-create the iconic Rose-and-Jack "King of the World" scene from Titanic. She'll get one of her Plexus groupies to snap the picture. 

6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

IIRC, cruises usually include food. Well at least three meals a day.

Even the less prestigious cruise lines are noted for their abundant buffets. Hunk and Jill will be in hog heaven.

Even if Plexus is just paying for Jill's passage, she'll find a way to grift enough to bring David along. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Would Jill be "allowed" to go without her headship?  Or is that rule for others and not her?  Pecan Thief and Pris stayed in their room "doing Bible Study" on the cruise they took.  She posted pictures.  I guess they came out of their room to eat, but I never could understand why they went.  The experience was lost on them.  Jill will at least have her Plexus meetings where she can wear her costumes new clothes.  I wonder what kind of a hat she will come up with.  Hunk had better get to printing another batch of smilies for the trip.  I can hear her "singing" now.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

IIRC, cruises usually include food. Well at least three meals a day. Alcohol, snacks and some other dining choices are added charges.

Isn't November still hurricane season in the Caribbean area? 

This is a plexus cruise, food will be extra. Maybe they will get a free breakfast.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
Just now, libgirl2 said:

This is a plexus cruise, food will be extra. Maybe they will get a free breakfast.

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. Maybe a comped breakfast buffet. But airfare and transport is on them. And of course, a new wardrobe. 🙄

• Like 6

So, it's not the Bahamas, but instead one stop at an all-inclusive spot in Haiti. I hope Jill and DBD get passports in time. Oh wait, he has one. He and Nurie went to Africa, the "sluttish" tour. I don't think Jill has ever traveled internationally. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3

Well, now we know why Jill has been hustling Plexus so hard and making up stuff  about its benefits. I'm curious to see how a cruise works out for modest Jilly and her special Hunk. 

Are she and hubby still going to the Gold Day in Texas too? So much for an "annual" vacation. 

This is going to be an expensive year for Jill. She'll need special clothes for these trips plus the travel and food expenses Plexus is not picking up. Some expert grifting might be in order. Forget it if Ma Turtleneck needs a medical bill paid. 

That backyard garden had better be producing since the Rodlets will depend on it for a lot of meals. BME and DBD are off to clean out the family bank account before Christmas.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So, it's not the Bahamas, but instead one stop at an all-inclusive spot in Haiti.

Haiti is not a place where I'd like to cruise to.  I imagine it has considerable security, but Haiti is currently a dangerous place with lots of crime.  People get kidnapped there!

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder how Haitians feel about proselytizing.  I think she had better be careful.  Some places don't tolerate things that she might consider her "duty".

Since nothing is free, they may not even get off the ship! 😃

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Since nothing is free, they may not even get off the ship! 😃

It has been many years since I was there, but Royal Caribbean owns part of Haiti.  I don't know if other lines own there, too, or even if this is a RC cruise.  As I remember it, we left the ship and went directly to the beach.  It was like a day-resort.  There was a lot of security, and there was staff there to bring you drinks. There were nice places to sit when you weren't in the water.  All the jellyfish in the water were just an added bonus, I guess. (Funny, after all these years I still remember trying to snorkel and getting stung by little jellyfish.) You either went to the beach or stayed on board.  The beach was pretty, but no way would I go on a cruise just to see the beach in Haiti.  If you are not a sun or beach person there is nothing to do there.  But if you just want to brag that you went on a "cruise", or point out how much better you are as a person than the ungodly people on the beach, then this may be enough.  This whole adventure will just be internet fodder for Jill.  She can brag that she "earned" the cruise selling pink chemicals, and she can shame all the other people. Win/win in her eyes.  I just hope she does not distribute tracts or start "singing" hymns loudly.  I was thinking that Jill would be the "joke" on this cruise, but I'm fearful that there are others that are just as annoying.  I hope they have the whole ship because any "normal" passengers are in for an "interesting" time.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
50 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

It has been many years since I was there, but Royal Caribbean owns part of Haiti.  I don't know if other lines own there, too, or even if this is a RC cruise.  As I remember it, we left the ship and went directly to the beach.  It was like a day-resort.  There was a lot of security, and there was staff there to bring you drinks. There were nice places to sit when you weren't in the water.  All the jellyfish in the water were just an added bonus, I guess. (Funny, after all these years I still remember trying to snorkel and getting stung by little jellyfish.) You either went to the beach or stayed on board.  The beach was pretty, but no way would I go on a cruise just to see the beach in Haiti.  If you are not a sun or beach person there is nothing to do there.  But if you just want to brag that you went on a "cruise", or point out how much better you are as a person than the ungodly people on the beach, then this may be enough.  This whole adventure will just be internet fodder for Jill.  She can brag that she "earned" the cruise selling pink chemicals, and she can shame all the other people. Win/win in her eyes.  I just hope she does not distribute tracts or start "singing" hymns loudly.  I was thinking that Jill would be the "joke" on this cruise, but I'm fearful that there are others that are just as annoying.  I hope they have the whole ship because any "normal" passengers are in for an "interesting" time.

This is correct. Celebrity also uses Labadee which is the secure area Royal has on Haiti.  I was there two weeks ago. Beautiful, but if you don’t swim, there’s not much to do. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

Hopefully JillyBean and Shrek don’t get seasick, although Plexus probably takes care of that too. I’m guessing Jill was one of the last people to qualify for this trip so their cabin will be an interior lower deck one. I can’t wait for the pictures of them in their swimming costumes among the bikinis and shirtless men.

• LOL 15
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So, it's not the Bahamas, but instead one stop at an all-inclusive spot in Haiti. I hope Jill and DBD get passports in time. Oh wait, he has one. He and Nurie went to Africa, the "sluttish" tour. I don't think Jill has ever traveled internationally. 

Haiti? WTF? You couldn't pay me to go to Haiti! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

As if we needed any more proof that JillR is reading here and on Reddit, she now references the chair in the bathroom where she does her recording.

I an waiting to hear how persecuted she was on the cruise because they wouldn't let her swim in the pool in her street clothes that she insists are modest swimwear.  No one wants the pool closed because she clogged up the filter.  The one good thing is that DBD will be able to eat himself into s stupor at the buffet.  

I've been on RC once and skipped the stop in Labadee because I didn't expect it to measure up to Holland America's private island Half Moon Cay.  That place is amazing.  You can swim or just walk along the crescent shaped beach.  They also have all kinds of water activities and serve a nice lunch on the island that is included in the cruise price.  Not sure if RC does the same on Labadee.

It sounds like Plexus has some sort of evening activity that is not an actual meal.  I guess people can go to the dining room and have dinner before or after the event.  So, DBD won't go hungry.  Of course her poor kids will as usual.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

As if we needed any more proof that JillR is reading here and on Reddit, she now references the chair in the bathroom where she does her recording.

I an waiting to hear how persecuted she was on the cruise because they wouldn't let her swim in the pool in her street clothes that she insists are modest swimwear.  No one wants the pool closed because she clogged up the filter.  The one good thing is that DBD will be able to eat himself into s stupor at the buffet.  

I've been on RC once and skipped the stop in Labadee because I didn't expect it to measure up to Holland America's private island Half Moon Cay.  That place is amazing.  You can swim or just walk along the crescent shaped beach.  They also have all kinds of water activities and serve a nice lunch on the island that is included in the cruise price.  Not sure if RC does the same on Labadee.

It sounds like Plexus has some sort of evening activity that is not an actual meal.  I guess people can go to the dining room and have dinner before or after the event.  So, DBD won't go hungry.  Of course her poor kids will as usual.

LOLing at DBD eating himself into a stupor!

Those poor kids, especially Renee, who's going to be stuck taking care of the others.  DBD and Jillybean have no shame.  Lazy, grifting toads.

• Like 15

If Jill plans on saving souls in Haiti, she had better watch out that they don't throw a voodoo curse on her. My cousin, who was in charge of immigration on the border between Haiti and DR told me some interesting stories. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

How could Jill even consider a cruise after her post about christian eyes should not even fall upon even the sight of alcohol??

Her good christian standards are certainly lower for herself than what she preaches should be the standards for others.

Hypocrite

She has obviously been reading about her family on some snark site since her recent posts seem to be direct response to recent comments.

Hey Jill why is Samuel still playing slip and slide in the yard with the children when he is a 19 yr old man who should be working to save and prepare for the "burden" of a wife??

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 13
  • LOL 7

Strange question/wonder, but what do the Rodlets do for food while Mahmo and DBD are off enjoying the fruits of her Plexass empire? By the time I was old enough for my parents to travel without me, I had a job and it was just me at home so I made do with what food was in the house and my salary. What do the Rods do, though? Do their so-called parents leave cash? A copy of the bank card? Does Timbits pay for everything (no wonder there doesn't seem to be a wedding on the horizon)? Does Jonathan become the financial headship if not, is it Renee or Phillip? 

• Sad 6
31 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

How could Jill even consider a cruise after her post about christian eyes should not even fall upon even the sight of alcohol??

If she actually cared about that, she wouldn’t constantly be eating at the Olive Garden. Plenty of restaurants out there that do NOT serve alcohol .

• Like 11
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Wonder how Jill will manage to fund this cruise? It will cost some $ extra. But I have no doubt she is going with her MAN! 

I don't think she trusts him to stay home alone while she travels!

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Strange question/wonder, but what do the Rodlets do for food while Mahmo and DBD are off enjoying the fruits of her Plexass empire? By the time I was old enough for my parents to travel without me, I had a job and it was just me at home so I made do with what food was in the house and my salary. What do the Rods do, though? Do their so-called parents leave cash? A copy of the bank card? Does Timbits pay for everything (no wonder there doesn't seem to be a wedding on the horizon)? Does Jonathan become the financial headship if not, is it Renee or Phillip? 

Even now with my son, I will get him some prepared meals, some frozen in addition to the packed pantry, frig and freezer. He also will pick something up if he is in the mood. We have a great poke have near us.

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, AstridM said:

If she actually cared about that, she wouldn’t constantly be eating at the Olive Garden. Plenty of restaurants out there that do NOT serve alcohol .

Rules are for thee and not for me!

-Jillpm Noyes Rodrigues 

• Like 10
  • LOL 4