Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Will seems fairly prominent this season to me. He's not at the level of Kurt, Rachel, and Blaine, but we know he has at least some stuff in episodes 4 and 7. I wouldn't be surprised if he has stuff in 9 as well.

Maybe the second half will be better for him or some of the unknown songs filmed so far are by him. If Naya was allowed to only have a four episode guest contract this year they must have

a larger purpose for Matt.

I doubt they really have a larger purpose for him. They just want him under contract so that he can't just leave and not return when they need him.

So far Will has more to do than Artie and Mercedes. He's in next week's episode. Aren't Artie and Mercedes regular cast? 'Cause you wouldn't be able to tell that by the show so far...

It's actually a pretty good deal for Matt. It's not easy to get a regular paycheck and have a starring gig lined up for immediately after his current job ends.

It's a fantastic gig for Matt. In S2 he was literally getting paid a hell of a lot of money to write a word on a board. 

I would much rather he got to showcase his singing / acting / dancing talents than his hand writing skills though.

I'm sure he probably felt that way too in earlier seasons. He might not care anymore, though.

IMO, there's no way Matt makes more than Jane and Lea. He actually made less than them in season 4.

Sorry I meant to say 50 k. I would say he makes about that much per episode. Maybe more because the show is in it's 6th and final season.

Jane makes the most, I know that.

Sorry I meant to say 50 k. I would say he makes about that much per episode. Maybe more because the show is in it's 6th and final season.

Jane makes the most, I know that.

How do you know that though?

Jane started off the most according to past tv guide list but the list I provided she Matt and Lea made the same.

I think Matt and Jane may have a designated # of epiosde on their contracts too while Lea may not.   So in terms of the whole season Lea would make the most $.  But that is just speculation Jane has never been in every episode a season and Matthew has missed several the past two seasons.   Lea only missed in season 4.

Edited by tom87

Weeeeeee, more Becky maybe as late as episode 10 or 11.  http://instagram.com/p/yEAkmOG_WA/

Why?

More spoilers seems ND sings at a Bar Mitzvah and Mason (boy Cheerleader) sings .. “I Want To Break Free” by Queen .

Also the Bar Mitzvah boy was in the recording studio so (because we have been clamoring for a 13 year old boy we never met before to  sing) he will be singing.

http://staceysthings.tumblr.com/post/108611235668/bar-mitzvah-filming-spoilers

Edited by tom87

Weeeeeee, more Becky maybe as late as episode 10 or 11.  http://instagram.com/p/yEAkmOG_WA/

Why?

More spoilers seems ND sings at a Bar Mitzvah and Mason (boy Cheerleader) sings .. “I Want To Break Free” by Queen .

Also the Bar Mitzvah boy was in the recording studio so (because we have been clamoring for a 13 year old boy we never met before to  sing) he will be singing.

http://staceysthings.tumblr.com/post/108611235668/bar-mitzvah-filming-spoilers

More Becky - I doubt it's one of the alleged fan requests that RIB is allegedly fulfilling. I could hardly survive her in the last episode, didn't know it wasn't the end of my suffering. 

And yeah, new noobs, new Warblers, new head VA, and now some random Bar Mirzvah boy singing, when I haven't heard a peep about Matt getting anything except maybe a few lines. 

Becky is in this Friday's episode it looks like from the trailer and she's going to be in more later. She's spending an awful lot of time at McKinley. Unless Becky decides to drop out of school, I doubt her college is offering work study for a freshman to hang out at her former high school. But then the Air Force is always so willing to work around Puck's schedule, why not have Becky hanging with her BFF constantly?

• Love 1

More Becky - I doubt it's one of the alleged fan requests that RIB is allegedly fulfilling. I could hardly survive her in the last episode, didn't know it wasn't the end of my suffering. 

And yeah, new noobs, new Warblers, new head VA, and now some random Bar Mirzvah boy singing, when I haven't heard a peep about Matt getting anything except maybe a few lines. 

I am so confused as to WHY. They could literally show just an hour of the cast sitting in hair and makeup. Or sitting in their chairs waiting for the next scene with NOTHING happening, and I would enjoy that more than the random nobodies and annoying secondary characters singing and taking up screen time.

• Love 3

This: http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/108657647761/6x06-what-the-world-needs-now-6-feb-2015

These writers just suck. How the hell do you have Mercedes come back to help Rachel and then have Rachel pursuing Sam. How the hell did he fall so quickly out of and in love? Is he still hypnotized? 

So tell me again how this doesn't make Rachel and Sam look horrible. Knowing Glee Mercedes will be the interested party who gives the okay to give it a try.

These writers suck so royally!

• Love 2

Mercedes is so going to be that third party which is just piss poor writing considering where Sam/Mercedes were 6 months ago.  Being okay with Sam/Rachel is one thing.  Being the catalyst to them getting together would be another.  

I will say it again, if they thought they were going to go there with Rachel/Sam this season it was dumb as hell to revisit Sam/Mercedes last season to the point where they were declaring their love for each other and Rachel was calling them soulmates.  There was NO unfinished business with Sam/Mercedes BEFORE the revisit in Season 5.  They were DONE.  They had BOTH moved on.  They should have left them moved on and found some other way for Sam to kill time last season before they went back to Sam/Rachel this season.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

Mercedes is so going to be that third party which is just piss poor writing considering where Sam/Mercedes were 6 months ago.  Being okay with Sam/Rachel is one thing.  Being the catalyst to them getting together would be another.  

I will say it again, if they thought they were going to go there with Rachel/Sam this season it was dumb as hell to revisit Sam/Mercedes last season to the point where they were declaring their love for each other and Rachel was calling them soulmates.  There was NO unfinished business with Sam/Mercedes before the revisit in Season 5.  They were DONE.  They had BOTH moved on.  They should have left them moved on and found some other way for Sam to kill time last season before they went back to Sam/Rachel this season.  

I really don't know if they are trying to pull a Blaine/Karofsky/Kurt here and then magically surprise they will end the series together. But IDK of too many women who might green-light a relationship between the man she loved & her supposed friend who she is in town to help and then take the guy back if it fails. This is just stupidity on a whole other offensive level. 

• Love 1

Well I hate to say I was right but I was. Especially with the notion that Mercedes is being used as the pawn to get Samchel together. I knew there wasn't a love triangle, it certainly didn't sound like it from the spoilers we were receiving.

I really don't know if they are trying to pull a Blaine/Karofsky/Kurt here and then magically surprise they will end the series together. But IDK of too many women who might green-light a relationship between the man she loved & her supposed friend who she is in town to help and then take the guy back if it fails. This is just stupidity on a whole other offensive level. 

This is definitely not a Blaine/Karofsky/Kurt scenario because Kurt is absolutely not okay with Blainofsky meanwhile Mercedes is gonna be the one that gives them her blessing and a nudge. This is completely different scenario and they agree to stay just friends ATM, despite knowing they have feelings for each other. Definitely not Blaineofsky.

Edited by Hookian

Well did it say "Love" or "Feelings"?   I think it said Sam/Rachel's "feelings" for each other.   And I maintain a lot can change for people sometimes on a dime, sometimes with a little time.   Either way, I don't think either looks horrible.

I honestly like the sound of this.   And I am beginning to think the speculation is correct, Rachel goes back to NY and we see a time jump where she winds up with Sam.

Though it sounds like Rachel is really throwing herself into running the Glee Club, like she's really committed to it, so maybe she won't end up pursuing show business, maybe helping the Glee Kids will be enough to make her feel "special".

I think feelings can change in 6 months but I also think that not many people would be the one encouraging their good friend and the guy they were living with 6 months ago to get together.  Being okay with it is one thing (and still not that likely).  Being the one to push it is quite another.  I don't care if people "knew that was going to be Mercedes purpose" or that Mercedes was going to be used as a "pawn" this way.  It is still bad writing and more than that an unforced error because NOTHING forced them to go back Sam/Mercedes last year and have them declaring their love for each other even as they both went their separate ways (something Rachel encouraged Mercedes to do).  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

Well I hate to say I was right but I was. Especially with the notion that Mercedes is being used as the pawn to get Samchel together. I knew there wasn't a love triangle, it certainly didn't sound like it from the spoilers we were receiving.

It's actually more offensive if it's not a love triangle. Mercedes giving her blessing is about as offensive as this show can get. And that's saying something.

It's funny one of the first songs Mercedes ever sang on glee has the line "and when he get on he'll leave your ass for a white girl."

• Love 2

Is this an official recap?  Because if so, WHY THE HELL would you include: "Fresh off their unexpected win at Sue’s Show Choir Invitational" when presumably that's the exciting conclusion of the previous episode?  Seriously?

Maybe the interested third party will be Sue - she's already been the catalyst for other Glee romances this season, so that would be right in line with her creepy (and wildly out of character) attention to the love lives of the Glee kids.  Making it be Mercedes - to show she's okay with it - would be just like Glee, though.

• Love 1

It's actually more offensive if it's not a love triangle. Mercedes giving her blessing is about as offensive as this show can get. And that's saying something.

It's funny one of the first songs Mercedes ever sang on glee has the line "and when he get on he'll leave your ass for a white girl."

Nothing about this pairing is screaming love. I mean it had to start with hypnosis to even get him to look her way.  Oh and then Rachel "feels something" okay get over it. Either way I'm not sure if the plan is to leave them together or separate them when Rachel makes it back to Broadway with the help of Mercedes no doubt. But what I do know these writers are incompetent and have lost even more credibility with this nonsense.

• Love 1

Is this an official recap?  Because if so, WHY THE HELL would you include: "Fresh off their unexpected win at Sue’s Show Choir Invitational" when presumably that's the exciting conclusion of the previous episode?  Seriously?

Maybe the interested third party will be Sue - she's already been the catalyst for other Glee romances this season, so that would be right in line with her creepy (and wildly out of character) attention to the love lives of the Glee kids.  Making it be Mercedes - to show she's okay with it - would be just like Glee, though.

It did sound more like self-interested, because Mercedes is already involved in convincing Rachel to go back to NYC and Bway.

Edited by fakeempress

There is so much stupid here that I'm not sure what to rant about first.

Mercedes has been touring fucking shopping malls and promoting her first album. Where the hell does she have any kind of influence that she can arrange for an audition in a totally unrelated field for a friend? Especially one who’s professional reputation has been as totally trashed as Rachel’s is? You’re talking about some major favors that would need to be called in to get any casting director willing to even look Rachel’s CV over, let alone actually granting her an audition.

Why the hell does Rachel keep getting chance after chance and why the hell does everyone bend over backwards to make good things happen for her when she won’t appreciate it and certainly wouldn’t reciprocate if their positions were reversed. This is the same girl who threw a complete shit fit when Santana auditioned to be her fucking understudy! And what thanks is Mercedes going to get? Rachel taking the man she loves. Wonderful.

I see myself throwing a lot of things at my TV that night.

• Love 7

I'm sorry but I highly highly highly doubt that Rachel, Sam, or both would actually go to Sue of all people for advise in this scenario. To me this screams Mercedes.

As for them staying together for the rest of the series and being "endgame" I actually kind of think that yeah it is. Sure that they could part ways while Rachel goes to NYC but that doesn't mean they break up. It's gonna be the series finale, if anything they're gonna leave it ambiguous and then FF will reveal they're still together.

That's even if Rachel is gonna go back to Broadway because for all we know she could fall in love with teaching the same as Will did and could end the show as the ND's permanent coach. She could have the same conflict Will had in S2 and come to the same decision he made.

And what thanks is Mercedes going to get? Rachel taking the man she loves. Wonderful.

...If Mercedes is the one that tells them to go for it and gives them her blessing why is Rachel "taking" anything?

I'm sorry but I highly highly highly doubt that Rachel, Sam, or both would actually go to Sue of all people for advise in this scenario. To me this screams Mercedes.

As for them staying together for the rest of the series and being "endgame" I actually kind of think that yeah it is. Sure that they could part ways while Rachel goes to NYC but that doesn't mean they break up. It's gonna be the series finale, if anything they're gonna leave it ambiguous and then FF will reveal they're still together.

That's even if Rachel is gonna go back to Broadway because for all we know she could fall in love with teaching the same as Will did and could end the show as the ND's permanent coach. She could have the same conflict Will had in S2 and come to the same decision he made.

...If Mercedes is the one that tells them to go for it and gives them her blessing why is Rachel "taking" anything?

Why would Mercedes be arranging for Rachel's auditions on Broadway if she also wants to push Rachel and Sam together - Sam's got a job in Lima, and wants to stay there as far as we know. A Broadway role will take Rachel away and actually impede a budding relationship with Sam. 

Mercedes has been touring fucking shopping malls and promoting her first album. Where the hell does she have any kind of influence that she can arrange for an audition in a totally unrelated field for a friend? Especially one who’s professional reputation has been as totally trashed as Rachel’s is? You’re talking about some major favors that would need to be called in to get any casting director willing to even look Rachel’s CV over, let alone actually granting her an audition.

Good question. I have no idea either. 

I think this is advance episode summary for the media, not published yet? People get it through access to the Fox TV media advisory service or something like that. 

And by the way - way to honor the arts education.

While Mercedes is supportive of Rachel’s new career path, she is committed to convincing her to not abandon her dreams of something bigger and better… namely Broadway.

As someone who wants Rachel to go back to Broadway that wording just grates if they want me to believe that arts education is important. Apparently it is but Broadway is better. Why can't it just be a better fit for her instead of it being better?

I would love it if they ended the series with Rachel telling Will she is going back to Broadway saying that her time at McKinley gave her what she needed but she realizes she doesn't have the passion or the talent to do it long term.  She will leave that to the truly gifted like Will and also with a glance to Finn's picture.  I would love that but I won't hold out hope given the wording in this recap and given that she and Kurt (who are just using McKinley as a rest stop) beat Will their first time out.

And what thanks is Mercedes going to get? Rachel taking the man she loves. Wonderful.

To be fair she won't be taking Sam.  It seems likely Mercedes will be telling Rachel to go for it because she is a stoic black woman.

Edited by camussie

I could more and more see this sort of thing happening.   This is a girl/woman that loves/loved the spotlight more than ANYTHING else, for her to willingly decline to pursue the limelight shows the character is definitely NOT where she started at, in terms of who she is?   Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is dependent on where you fall in terms of how you view the character.

Ya, I don't see it either.   Clearly Mercedes is too pre-occupied with her own life and is not clinging to a romance with a guy she HASN'T kept in contact with over the last 6 months.

No, I don't think Rachel and Sam would GO to Sue for advice - it just says "but it takes the advice of an interested third party to move things along;" which means it could be someone sticking their nose in.  But it's true Sue never offers REAL advice.  Maybe Beiste?  Now that Sam is Beiste's protege that might make sense.  Or FFS it could be one of the Glee club newbies.  This show.

Why the hell does Rachel keep getting chance after chance and why the hell does everyone bend over backwards to make good things happen for her when she won’t appreciate it and certainly wouldn’t reciprocate if their positions were reversed. This is the same girl who threw a complete shit fit when Santana auditioned to be her fucking understudy! And what thanks is Mercedes going to get? Rachel taking the man she loves. Wonderful.

I see myself throwing a lot of things at my TV that night.

This.  SO MUCH THIS.  Also with the throwing things.

I think this is advance episode summary for the media, not published yet? People get it through access to the Fox TV media advisory service or something like that. 

Ah.  Thanks.  That makes a bit more sense.  I thought it was, like, the TV guide recap. 

Also, ARTIE is a fucking wedding planner now?  What the what?? (Every time I read that recap I find more WTF)

Also, ARTIE is a fucking wedding planner now?  What the what?? (Every time I read that recap I find more WTF)

To his ex-girlfriend and the woman she was sleeping with behind his back. Which was okay in her eyes because 'the plumbing's different'

To his ex-girlfriend and the woman she was sleeping with behind his back. Which was okay in her eyes because 'the plumbing's different'

Hey it's been years.

If Mercedes can play match-maker and help the man she claimed to love so much and who claimed to love her just as much 6 months ago, be with another woman, who she was always in competition with but usually lost to, be together. Then what Artie is doing is nothing. 

LMAO. I hope the episode is as funny as the summary is making it out to be. 

• Love 2

I'm holding onto a slim hope Mercedes isn't the one pushing Rachel and Sam together, because no bueno

Ah.  Thanks.  That makes a bit more sense.  I thought it was, like, the TV guide recap.

I think the TV Guide ones are the short, 2-4 sentence descriptions.

Edited by fakeempress

I'm holding onto a slim hope Mercedes isn't the one pushing Rachel and Sam together, because no bueno

I think the TV Guide ones are the short, 2-4 sentence descriptions.

I don't think it is Mercedes pushing Sam and Rachel together because she is pushing Rachel towards Broadway, NYC. I don't think Mercedes would be that stupid or cruel to push Sam and Rachel into a relationship, knowing that there is a great chance Rachel might be leaving Sam behind. 

So I'm thinking it is Sue who is the interesting party. 

The meta of Sue being a crazy Klainer.  urg

As a Rachel fan I wanted to know she has to earn bway back and not worry about Sam of all people. As a Mercedes fan I wanted her to slay the music charts and not worry about Sam, Rachel or Lima.  As Kurt fan wanted some career movement and zero Blaine in his life.  

Ryan certainly do not see my wish list.

• Love 5

As someone who used to like Rachel until the sole purpose of the other characters became to move mountains on her behalf, I'd like to see her earn her way back to Broadway. Not have it handed to her by a friend who wants to do her a favor.

• Love 7

I am annoyed as a Rachel fan that Mercedes arranges this opportunity for her.  Encouraging her not to give up and even saying I heard about this new show that made me think about you and giving her the info is one thing.  Arranging the audition is quite another because right now is a time when Rachel should be picking herself back up, putting herself out there, and earning her way back.

I had the same complaint about Finn's story in s4.   I liked the direction of him becoming a teacher.  I didn't like that they had first Artie, then Will, then Rachel, then Marley handhold him through that journey.  It diminished his strength as a character and it will diminish Rachel's.  The worst part was that they only needed to tweak the scripts to make a decent story for Finn (him being handheld until he realize he wants to be a teacher) into a great story for him (him discovering his passion for teaching and making it happen).  

Just like it sounds like they only needed to tweak 606 in order to keep Rachel's story as engaging as it has surprisingly been in 602 & 603.  Instead we are getting a retread of Props.

Edited by camussie

I don't think it is Mercedes pushing Sam and Rachel together because she is pushing Rachel towards Broadway, NYC. I don't think Mercedes would be that stupid or cruel to push Sam and Rachel into a relationship, knowing that there is a great chance Rachel might be leaving Sam behind. 

So I'm thinking it is Sue who is the interesting party. 

Yeah, that's what I also thought, the two cancel each other out, so that's why I have that hope, that Rachel back to Broadway is the only thing Mercedes is involved with. Although how she pulled these Broadway connections and why should she be so invested in Rachel and not in her own career, is beyond me. Another character bending over for Rachel, I guess. Rachel should be pulling herself up, by herself. Did I say before I was mad at Props?

Edited by fakeempress

They say 70% of the business is "Who you know", to succeed you need to know Mercedes Jones and apparanetly her clout extends so far she can tell her recording label who will be back-up dancers and she can arrange auditions on Broadway.

And some think this chick DOESN'T win at the Game of Life?!?!

How more propping up does special snowflake miss Rachel Berry need?
Santana and Quinn gave her Prom Queen, Tina went to Carmen Tibideaux for her, the entire ND gave her the spotlight at Nationals so she could get into NYADA, Kurt got her the audition for 'Funny Girl', Santana helped her with 'Funny Girl' when Rachel was stuck in L.A. for the tv show audition, and now Mercedes is going to get her another Broadway audition.
And Rachel stabbed each and everyone of those people in the back somehow afterwards (well except for Quinn, unless I forgot something).

As others have already expressed: I would have loved to have seen Rachel fight and earn her way back to (a modest) success on Broadway at the end of season 6, but she just gets everything handed to her on a silver platter by people she has not always been friendly with (and that's an understatement). So how am I supposed to root for her?

Ugh, at Becky coming back again.  I'd hoped we'd seen the last of her.

Ten times ugh at Sue suddenly being a Klainer.

But lol, that apparently Klaine is so thoroughly ruined that it takes yet another character to force them back together, for some completely bullshit reason (because noone can come up anymore with a valid reason why they should get back together again), with Kurt's dad again, and this time also Blaine's mother giving them their final push and blessing. "AND NOW.....KISS."

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 4

Rachel was critically-acclaimed for her performance in one of the most dominating and demading female roles in the history of the Broadway musical. Following her flight to burn in the Hollywood sun and crash into the Pacific, she would be one of the most famous/notorious singing actresses in the country. If a Broadway producer still wanted her for her talent and box-office draw, they'd know where to find her and she'd be in. If a Broadway producer couldn't trust her to stick with the show, she'd be out. No one not financially or personally involved in the show could possibly influence the decision.

The "interested party", in order of likelihood, is: Kurt, Santana, Tina (remember the virginity business?), Will, Blaine (last because of the supposed Jane poach.)

The most compelling reason for having Rachel return to Broadway is to enable Will to get his square peg out of the round hell hole in VA and return to lead ND. (Co-direct? Over Emma's dead body; she's seen "Intermezzo".)