Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Becky is in the episode, so it could be Sue is mending Becky's relationship with the boyfriend that was introduced earlier...

We'll see...

No that's what Tina and Quinn are doing. They bring back the two smartest women in the glee, apparently taking time out of their Ivy League education to prop up that horrible little cretin.

• Love 1

No that's what Tina and Quinn are doing. They bring back the two smartest women in the glee, apparently taking time out of their Ivy League education to prop up that horrible little cretin.

If they are so smart why do they keep coming back? :)

If they are so smart why do they keep coming back? :)

My head canon says that they're coming back to revel in Rachel's failure!

Sue playing cupid for Klaine and Samchel should be a very interesting plot.

It doesn't sound interesting it sounds creepy and inappropriate.

• Love 2

My head canon says that they're coming back to revel in Rachel's failure!

It doesn't sound interesting it sounds creepy and inappropriate.

I'm to the point were its seems some will put any rationale behind anything these writers do this season as long as the final result for some is that Rachel and Sam end up together. Its stupid as hell to take someone and against their will make them believe they are in love with someone. I do believe if this was anyone other than Rachel being the end object (and yes I say objects because they are treating Sam and Rachel as such IMO) of Sam desires there would already be trends and nasty tweets to everyone involved.

The writers probably will put these 2 together because honestly the show has run out any other available male to put Rachel with. But I can't see how anyone could or should be that excited that the one relationship that some think is his "endgame" relationship had to be manipulated upon him. Further, no disrespect to Rachel and I'm sure the writers think they'll come up with a brilliant way to try and erase the beginning but why would you continue down the path of this with him if 1. you know he was hypnotized and 2. he tells you he is still in love with someone else. It looks bad for Sam but not much better for Rachel either.

Either way a last season connection for characters who have been on the show from the beginning and from season 2 just feels like yeah they are both here in Lima, Rachel needs man, Sam is available lets do it and nothing more no matter how they try to spin it. 

I will move on because most reasons as to why this is insanity to the highest degree by some has been said already. Not going to continue to meddle around like Sue or spend time repeating myself with those who are not of the same mind set and just leave it as everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and more than likely anything stated here is not going to change that. So to whatever rationalizations as to why this whole story line is good or as bad as it sounds is each individuals choice.

Edited by Ann Mack

It specifically says "relationships" as in plural, so there's more than one. If this is part 2 than it's obviously gonna follow the events of Part 1 which likely means Samchel is the other couple Sue is mending romantically. 

We obviously were gonna get more Samchel development seeing as how the last episode left off with them, and this is a continuation of that episode. 

Hookian, we get it. You love Samchel and want to keep driving the conversation in that direction. But please let it go.

• Love 4

I'm to the point were its seems some will put any rationale behind anything these writers do this season as long as the final result for some is that Rachel and Sam end up together. Its stupid as hell to take someone and against their will make them believe they are in love with someone. I do believe if this was anyone other than Rachel being the end object (and yes I say objects because they are treating Sam and Rachel as such IMO) of Sam desires there would already be trends and nasty tweets to everyone involved.

The writers probably will put these 2 together because honestly the show has run out any other available male to put Rachel with. But I can't see how anyone could or should be that excited that the one relationship that some think is his "endgame" relationship had to be manipulated upon him. Further, no disrespect to Rachel and I'm sure the writers think they'll come up with a brilliant way to try and erase the beginning but why would you continue down the path of this with him if 1. you know he was hypnotized and 2. he tells you he is still in love with someone else. It looks bad for Sam but not much better for Rachel either.

Either way a last season connection for characters who have been on the show from the beginning and from season 2 just feels like yeah they are both here in Lima, Rachel needs man, Sam is available lets do it and nothing more no matter how they try to spin it. 

Personally I have never understood this with most shipping.    Klaine shippers certainly do it and  now Samchel.

I also never understood how a shipper can escalate so fast.     Sam and Rachel exchanged a few glances than it was totally written off and now some are ready for iy to be endgame?   Ok. 

I am also wondering  how they get from Rachel being told he stills like Mercedes and him being hypnotized to both thinking hey lets give it a try.

How broken is Rachel  to still go for this?  Do we have spoilers on if she ever finds out he was hypnotized?

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

How broken is Rachel  to still go for this?  Do we have spoilers on if she ever finds out he was hypnotized?

I'm sure we'll get a throwaway line about Sue reading the how-to hypnotism directions incorrectly so Sam was never really hypnotized at all, ergo, he was TOTALLY acting of his own volition and the stuff he said about still loving Mercedes was just him being confused.  SOULMATES!!!1!

• Love 1

About that Sue flower girl thing, I swear a part of me is starting to wonder if this is some kind of experiment on RIB's part. Like remember some years ago when Joaquin Phoenix was being all weird and then later he tried to say it was all for some mock-documentary? I feel like RIB is doing the same - a study on how stupid and awful they can make a show and see how many still watch. It's the only explanation at this point. 

Also, putting aside the stupidity of this (and how embarrassed I feel for poor Jane Lynch having to act this crap out), I still don't understand the need to reunite Kurt and Blaine for Sue to have her big flower girl dream, since isn't Santana and Brittany already getting married by then? So couldn't she just be a flower girl at their wedding or is it only a union between two guys that counts? And I still can't believe I typed any of that sentence with a straight face.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Anyone else feel skeeved out on Sam's behalf that he if he kisses Rachel while hypnotised that's effectively without consent.

Although to be fair I feel less skeeved out given Sam was one of those who wondered why Ryder didn't enjoy being sexually assaulted.

• Love 1

Becky is in the episode, so it could be Sue is mending Becky's relationship with the boyfriend that was introduced earlier...

We'll see...

That's the purpose of 6x03, they use Tina and Quinn for that storyline so it's not Becky. This is part 2 of a 2 part episode, the first ever Glee's done. The couples Sue's playing cupid for to mend their relationships is Klaine and Samchel. The main plots of this 2 parter are Sue and her toying and playing in the Klaine and Samchel relationships.

The Klaine relationship is also manipulated by Sue as well, and she essentially starts to destroy Blaine's relationship w/ Karofsky.

1. This one I need to see how it all plays out. BC I still feel that there is a reason that Sue chooses Sam. Does she see a spark between him and Rachel that could hint they like each other and manipulate the situation in her favor?  They do have a scene with Blaine teaching them how to play the piano, maybe Sue spies on them?

2. That's just a cliche that tv shows use when they want to set up an obstacle between a pairing. It's been done so many times in the past. Then Mercedes comes back the very next episode(6) solidifying to me that she's playing the part of the obstacle/device in the Sam/Rachel storyline. 

Edited by Hookian

1. This one I need to see how it all plays out. BC I still feel that there is a reason that Sue chooses Sam. Does she see a spark between him and Rachel that could hint they like each other and manipulate the situation in her favor?  They do have a scene with Blaine teaching them how to play the piano, maybe Sue spies on them?

Who else would she choose if not Sam?

Really, it's not rocket science here.

Let's  face it, the show is pulling the Samchel out of their ass because they can.    It's their MO.   IN all fairness, when it comes to Sam it's not even the worse.   Now Season 4 Sam suddenly proclaiming  Brittany the one he always  wanted was the worst  (What. The. Fuck.)  So Glee clearly shows that when it comes to Sam and getting him a LI it doesn't matter. 

Sue can pair him with Becky and it could also be shoveled in that they had prior "sparks".

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

Final scene:

"I'm sorry Rachel, I know we planned the rest of our lives together after I left your best friend for you, but I can't lie... I'm leaving you for Becky..."

Edited by jtrattray
  • Love 5

This whole story line is nothing more than a very slight variation from Bram so I'm labeling this crap Bram 2.0 (my opinion). These Glee writers should have whatever credentials they have that states they are legitimate writers revoked with haste!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

Of all the things about this mess that boil my blood, top two have to be:

Insisting on pairing up characters like they're Noah filling the Ark (God forbid healthy young adults focus on things like careers and other new life chapters...)

Wasting *one second*'of screen time this season on non-entity characters like Becky Jackson and Dave Karofsky.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 6

Regardless of the fact there has to be a plot reason why she chooses Sam. I think she notices something. Remember Rachel and Sam have a scene with Blaine where they learn to play the piano. Perhaps sue witnesses this.

Edited by Hookian

Regardless of the fact there has to be a plot reason why she chooses Sam. I think she notices something. Remember Rachel and Sam have a scene with Blaine where they learn to play the piano. Perhaps sue witnesses this.

Honestly you're giving the writers too much credit. There is literally no-one else they could choose.

I'm glad this dumb storyline kicks off soon so that everyone can start arguing about what actually happens instead of what they think will happen.

What's funny (also sad? Infuriating? Frustrating?) is that when a lot of shows air, it actually settles disagreements about what's happening. Glee is one of the few shows where no two viewers have ever actually seen the same thing!

• Love 4

Insisting on pairing up characters like they're Noah filling the Ark (God forbid healthy young adults focus on things like careers and other new life chapters...)

But only some characters are deemed worthy enough for a pair. (But I agree everyone does not need to be paired up, but since it seems like they will be, I'm ticked that I'm pretty sure there will be an "odd woman out". 

• Love 2

There really doesn't. Have you ever watched this show? Half the time the plot isn't consistent scene to scene within the same episode, let alone across multiple episodes. Sam is the only able-bodied straight male available. THAT'S why she chooses Sam. The writers aren't subtle, or creative.

• Love 1

There really doesn't. Have you ever watched this show? Half the time the plot isn't consistent scene to scene within the same episode, let alone across multiple episodes. Sam is the only able-bodied straight male available. THAT'S why she chooses Sam. The writers aren't subtle, or creative.

So you're saying she's gonna go to Sam and say "only white blooded male in the school" to distract Rachel, come on now? Yes I've watched this show and Sue doesn't do anything without knowing something or seeing something. She's not just gonna go to Sam and randomly pick him. There's a reason in the plot. You claim that it's because he's the only white blooded male. That's not the reason Sue's gonna choose him.

So you're saying she's gonna go to Sam and say "only white blooded male in the school" to distract Rachel, come on now? Yes I've watched this show and Sue doesn't do anything without knowing something or seeing something. She's not just gonna go to Sam and randomly pick him. There's a reason in the plot. You claim that it's because he's the only white blooded male. That's not the reason Sue's gonna choose him.

I apologize, I didn't realize you wrote the episode and chose an actual reason for it.

OMG yes it is possible that Sue sees Sam talking to Rachel and comes up with a dumb plan.    If she see something between  them or not is irrelevant imo because we all know in the end  Sam is the one chosen for the dumb plan/plot becasue  he is the only straight able-bodied white male available on the show right now.

• Love 2

Do I have to actually ask you guys to stop bickering about Sam and Mercedes and Rachel until the episode airs? I was hoping that the past several days would get it all out of your systems, but apparently not. I think the majority of us are tired of watching you rehash this argument at this point.

We are all very aware of where everyone stands on this issue now. Please only post more about it if you have something new to add.

• Love 6

Here is a review from one of the screeners Brian Cantor:

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2015/01/08/glee-season-6-review/

Really he must be inside my head because he mirrors all my concerns, and he doesnt actually spoil the episodes completely

One excerpt:

"Storyline: A disgraced Rachel returns home

The gist: A creative and commercial disaster, the character’s television series “That’s So Rachel” was cancelled after the first episode. No longer wanted in Hollywood–and not exactly welcome in the New York theater scene–Rachel returns home to Lima. Things only get worse when she learns of an issue involving her parents.

The environment at WMHS is not uplifting. Not merely devoid of its arts program, the school has become a Sue Sylvester police state (and even features a convict working at the secretary’s desk). Still, Rachel needs to reconnect with her old self, and she thus funds the resurrection of the New Directions.

Her goal becomes rebuilding the school’s championship glee club within a very hostile environment.

Why it works: The television medium can be a tricky one. Aware of her talent and supportive of her journey, viewers certainly want Rachel to succeed. But insofar as they are drawn to conflict and challenge (and subject to both in their own lives) they do not necessarily want to watch her in a state of success. The Rachel who quickly and easily made her mark on the entertainment industry was considerably less relatable and interesting than the one who fought for attention. The return to square one allows Rachel to reconnect with herself and with viewers.

Why it struggles: While “Loser Like Me,” the first hour of the premiere event, is less entertaining than follow-up episode “Homecoming,” it operates with a better sense of gravity. By the second hour, Rachel’s journey starts to feel mechanical and sans stakes — she is back to singing lighthearted musical numbers, recruiting members for the New Directions and dealing with the hurdles created by Sue. The episode is fun enough–and Lea Michele is magnetic enough–to overcome the conceptual setback, but the tonal shift creates concern about whether Rachel’s return to Lima will be as meaningful as it initially seems."

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Shhh...there's still time!

I can safely say that i'd prefer Sam / Becky to Sam / Rachel at this time. And honestly, I think Looking has wrapped up so I still don't know why instead of forcing a Finn 2.0 character on us they didn't go with Jesse. Could it be because it actually might have had some grounding in reality and the history of the show. (Though, to be fair, Sam dating every Glee girl ever, is in keeping with the history of the show, just when the show was bad, not when it was actually decent). 

• Love 1

Meet The New Kids: Meet Madison & Mason | GLEE

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/107564360771/meet-the-new-kids-meet-madison-mason-glee

Already more interesting then Marley and Ryder, but  whatever still do not want them taking up to much time.

Considering what they're doing with our main cast, I'd actually kind of prefer to spend more time on them. Less time to mess up characters I like and care about. 

Interesting, I guess. Their dialogue feels very Brittany-ish, which, eh, IDK how I feel about that. 

Edited by phoenixrising
Already more interesting then Marley and Ryder, but  whatever still do not want them taking up to much time.

Tom87 that same reviewer echoes you:

Brian Cantor:

Why it works: These are the “newbies” “Glee” should have introduced in season four. While the characterizations of Madison and Mason are thus far limited to exposition, Roderick, Spencer and Jane receive immediate opportunities to connect with viewers — and they absolutely do. Unique characters that remain very much in the “Glee” mold, they offer the value “Glee” viewers never truly got from the previous wave of new characters (including the one that pops up in the premiere’s second hour).

Why it struggles: Note the first sentence of the aforementioned paragraph: these are the newbies “Glee” should have introduced in season four. It is not season four anymore. It is the sixth and final season As it approaches the finish line, “Glee” owes its fans–and its own characters and legacy–legitimate resolution to five seasons of build. Every moment spent developing these new characters, no matter how entertaining, is a moment not spent building to an emotionally poignant conclusion.

Particularly frustrating? The sense of urgency that should have dissuaded “Glee” from introducing five new characters at this stage of the game is instead used to dampen the impact of those characters. As if the writers forgot they were in the last season until they got 75% through the “Homecoming” script, they rush to resolution at the end of the episode at the expense of character and storyline development.

One of the most interesting plotlines of the first two episodes involves one of the new characters, and the fact that it gets effectively abandoned for conveniently abandoned is truly unfortunate.

Listen,  I know Glee is going to be a train wreck, but I am seeing this show to the end...

So maybe I"m becoming a sentimental softie.  but I'd rather  to see old friends among the carnage of the  train wreck...

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 4

Here is a review from one of the screeners Brian Cantor:

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2015/01/08/glee-season-6-review/

Really he must be inside my head because he mirrors all my concerns, and he doesnt actually spoil the episodes completely

One excerpt:

"Storyline: A disgraced Rachel returns home

The gist: A creative and commercial disaster, the character’s television series “That’s So Rachel” was cancelled after the first episode. No longer wanted in Hollywood–and not exactly welcome in the New York theater scene–Rachel returns home to Lima. Things only get worse when she learns of an issue involving her parents.

The environment at WMHS is not uplifting. Not merely devoid of its arts program, the school has become a Sue Sylvester police state (and even features a convict working at the secretary’s desk). Still, Rachel needs to reconnect with her old self, and she thus funds the resurrection of the New Directions.

Her goal becomes rebuilding the school’s championship glee club within a very hostile environment.

Why it works: The television medium can be a tricky one. Aware of her talent and supportive of her journey, viewers certainly want Rachel to succeed. But insofar as they are drawn to conflict and challenge (and subject to both in their own lives) they do not necessarily want to watch her in a state of success. The Rachel who quickly and easily made her mark on the entertainment industry was considerably less relatable and interesting than the one who fought for attention. The return to square one allows Rachel to reconnect with herself and with viewers.

Why it struggles: While “Loser Like Me,” the first hour of the premiere event, is less entertaining than follow-up episode “Homecoming,” it operates with a better sense of gravity. By the second hour, Rachel’s journey starts to feel mechanical and sans stakes — she is back to singing lighthearted musical numbers, recruiting members for the New Directions and dealing with the hurdles created by Sue. The episode is fun enough–and Lea Michele is magnetic enough–to overcome the conceptual setback, but the tonal shift creates concern about whether Rachel’s return to Lima will be as meaningful as it initially seems."

This is the @cantorpedia guy who dared tweet while watching the screener that Chris and Max Adler are excellent, and better actors than Darren (and he wasn't the only one to say that from among those who tweeted watching screeners). He says on twitter he'll write another article about Glee in addition to this one, a critical "review" is how he puts it. I'm curious because what he wrote in the article you quote makes a lot of sense even not having watched these episodes yet.  Which reminds me, tomorrow is the beginning of the end. I intend to stock up heavily on alcohol for the two-parter. 

I've seen this guy being referred to as "hating Blaine". I wonder if anyone has read his Glee reviews since I haven't, if this isn't just Blaine stans taking it personally when someone doesn't immediately prostrate themselves at Blaine's feet?

Edited by fakeempress

We could try a liveblog thread (separate from the actual episode thread, which is for discussion after the episode airs and should not be cluttered with live reaction posts), but I can tell you right now that any fighting at all would get that thread shut down, because I don't have time for that, not with rapid-fire liveblogging happening.

I'd be okay with a liveblog thread for this premiere and for the series finale, but not every week.

I'm sure if this should go in here but is it just me who finds it strange that if you look at social media you'd barely any of the cast had a show on TV tonight?

Just noticed a nice parallel between the newbies and this seasons regulars. An all white group except for a token black woman. I wonder if the new black girl will be a virgin or a slut given these writers can't write black women any other way.

• Love 3

After reading about what has happened to the original Newbies in the show (Sue made their life hell so they transferred to another school), I must say I am disheartened. True they may not have connected with the audience, but a part of me would prefer they were there at the end rather than the new newbies. I think it would have made for potentially better storylines trying to convince the original newbies to relaunch New Directions AND recruit some newbies, rather than solely relying on new Newbies. I personally feel that I would have a better chance of hoping for New Directions to be re-established if they used the original Newbies rather than hoping I connect with the new newbies. But considering I find it sloppy writing to remove those actors I shouldn't be surprised. But if the show is willing to have Matt Rutherford back, surely there is room to have the old Newbies return even in the last episode.

• Love 2

As I understand the spoiler Sue forced them out not that they transferred. I assume Jake and Marley would've dropped out completely. If they can't go to public school private school won't be an option for a waitress and a dinner lady.

From the annals of this is why the general audience reacts so negatively to RIB:

Twitter Question:  Samcedes going to have anything happy for them together?

Falchuk:  they both are and will end up very happy

If the spoilers are to pan out with Rachel/Sam ending up together, you can see where the Twitter exchange above might end up with a good portion of the audience expecting the story to zig when it may very well zag.  Why even reply this way if you know where the story is going?  It's clear the person asking the question is hoping for a relationship between Sam and Mercedes and Falchuk is happily setting them up to be really disappointed.  Why?  Why not just ignore the question altogether?

• Love 1

"Let it go"

Yes, I know it's the upteenth empowerment ballad by Rachel and of a song bludgeoned to death already and bled out with a thousand covers in the known universe.

However when I watch it again it amazes me how Glee lucked out in having Lea Michele play Rachel.   There is nothing forced about Rachel singing in a scene, visually Lea just seamlessly inhabits that strange musical world of Glee.  Yes I know there are better technical singers and better actors than Lea.  Per Glee  Some of the other  actors , even the vets, I feel are performing whereas Rachel is just being Rachel in that ridiculous over the top way of the character.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

From the annals of this is why the general audience reacts so negatively to RIB:

Twitter Question:  Samcedes going to have anything happy for them together?

Falchuk:  they both are and will end up very happy

If the spoilers are to pan out with Rachel/Sam ending up together, you can see where the Twitter exchange above might end up with a good portion of the audience expecting the story to zig when it may very well zag.  Why even reply this way if you know where the story is going?  It's clear the person asking the question is hoping for a relationship between Sam and Mercedes and Falchuk is happily setting them up to be really disappointed.  Why?  Why not just ignore the question altogether?

It's ambiguous as hell. The lure tactics of Glee have always been sleazy. The question was fairly clear but his answer was extremely cryptic IMO. 

Frankly I have know idea why fans ever ask.

Brad is the guy who got pissed  that Nicole girl gave out spoilers so why would anyone think he would give them anything solid at this point.

Glee has always been ambiguous in everything they do hence the many fights imo.

"Let it go"

Yes, I know it's the upteenth empowerment ballad by Rachel and of a song bludgeoned to death already and bled out with a thousand covers in the known universe.

However when I watch it again it amazes me how Glee lucked out in having Lea Michele play Rachel.   There is nothing forced about Rachel singing in a scene, visually Lea just seamlessly inhabits that strange musical world of Glee.  Some of the actors , even the vets, I feel are performing whereas Rachel is just being Rachel in that ridiculous over the top way of the character.

I would say they lucked out with a lot of the talent they have/had on the show. They just under appreciated and under used it so the spotlight always shown on a few and she was one in particular. It didn't hurt either that one of the EPs of the show was telling the world how amazing one singer is while ignoring the others and while most of the cast had different opinions. She is talented but some others are just as talented IMO. BTW I think a lot of her singing is not emotional and she tries to convey it not through expression of varying her inflection of the words in the song but by facial maneuvering that didn't always work but again this is my opinion.

• Love 2