Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Blaine fans would argue it has been alluded too a few times he is a POC, the only time I remember is Rachel saying they would have slightly Eurasian looking kids.

Personally i think 99 out of 100 people totally unaware of Blaine Anderson or the actor who plays him would assume  he is white.

• Love 2

Quinn is the Lima equivalent of a WASP and Dianna is Jewish afaik, so Blaine's POC status cannot rest on Darren. I can't recall anything other than Rachel's very vague and drunken BIOTA remark, and until they produce a POC parent, the closest relative we've seen is Matt Bomer's Cooper, a fact which speaks for itself

• Love 1
Santana and Blaine are POCs and look to have a big chunk of S6.

"Park and Recreation's " Rashida Jones in real life is Black on her father's side, Quincy Jones.   On Parks and Recreation her character is portrayed as a Caucasian woman, not a person of color.

Similar to Wenworth Miller in the TV series "Prison Break" whose brother was clearly not a POC.

Ditto Darren may in real life be half Asian but Blaine the character is not portrayed as such.

Side note:  in real life Naya Rivera is part Black, but on the show she is depicted as Mexican.

Edited by caracas1914

I'm being super nitpicky here, but delurking (because I love Parks and Rec) to note that Ann Perkins's presumed mixed ethnicity has been referenced at least a couple of times - at one point, Leslie tells her that her "ambiguous ethnic blend perfectly represents the dream of the American melting pot."

Rashida Jones's character on The Office, Karen Fillipelli, was pretty clearly supposed to be white though, presumably of Italian ancestry, so the point stands.

Now back to lurkdom. I haven't watched this train-wreck for a few years, but I can't tear my eyes away enough to stop reading spoilers and reactions. 

"Park and Recreation's " Rashida Jones in real life is Black on her father's side, Quincy Jones.   On Parks and Recreation her character is portrayed as a Caucasian woman, not a person of color.

Similar to Wenworth Miller in the TV series "Prison Break" whose brother was clearly not a POC.

Ditto Darren may in real life be half Asian but Blaine the character is not portrayed as such.

Side note:  in real life Naya Rivera is part Black, but on the show she is depicted as Mexican.

It has been specified she is Mexican?

I tend to dislike Mercedes more often than not, and it has nothing to do with her race or size. It's her attitude.

Mercedes' attitude has been the same since the pilot when she said:

"I am Beyoncé! I ain't's no Kelly Rowland!"

YMMV, but that's why I love her.

• Love 3

Santana:  "I can sense it thanks to my psychic Mexican third eye"

I figured that was another attempt at a lame joke and being vague again.  Like questioning if she was Dominican whine looking up her sex tape.  or even Rachel's vague remark of  Santana being Jewish Fanny was like her being the grand marshal of the Puerto Rican day parade.

Rather than a lack of development, for me Mercedes' story arc has always been about the contrast between the way she sees herself vs. the way others see her and the limitations and conditions they tried to impose upon her. Mercedes never needed to evolve.  She knew who she was from the beginning.  So rather than see her change, her storylines, i.e., the competitions for solos in Glee Club, her leaving ND to join the TT, her battles with her record companies, etc. were always about her effort to acheive her dream on her own terms.

In many ways Mercedes and Rachel have always been the same character.  Both girls held fast to the core belief that they were stars just waiting to happen.  The difference was that, until recently, accolades, encouragement, and opportunity almost always went to Rachel while Mercedes was consistently deprived.  Still, throughout her journey of loss and disappointment, Mercedes persevered.  In this, Glee has been remarkably consistent.

"I am Beyoncé! I ain't's no Kelly Rowland!"

• Love 4

I'll even forgive Matt for misspelling his character's last name.

Really? I always thought it was like Matt wrote it: Mr. Shuester, not Schuester.

That picture of Wemma and Daniel is just lovely, I agree.

At least one wish for season 6 is crossed off my list now: a Shuester family scene.

Edited by Glorfindel

It's supposed to be Schuester, but I see Shuester just as often, so I can't blame Matt for being confused. I wonder if the actual baby is male or female. He/she is adorable and has lots of hair. Ha ha

There are a bunch of other filming photos for yesterday at the fyeahgleeclub Tumblr. Apparently Blaine and Rachel get egged.

lisa rinna ‏@lisarinna 3h3 hours ago

HH shooting the final season of Glee. That Is all I can say, but Oh boy is it Good!!!!! We Love Glee!!!!! So excited!

Random out of the blue guest star...Harry Hamlin.

If Harry Hamlin is the guy cast to play Kurt's over the hill recently out of the closet blind date, then I'd start to wonder if this is becoming a thing with him seeing as his most recent role has been as a guest star on the show Shameless, where he plays a closeted, married, 60 plus freak who hooks up with his son's girlfriend's younger brother who is 16. Even creepier - Harry Hamlin is in his 60's and the younger brother, played by Cameron Monahan, is 18 in real life. Yeah those scenes were fun to watch. But I can see how that came about since Mike O' Malley is an executive producer and co-writer for Shameless. Well I guess at least Chris is older than Cameron and being that this is Glee, I don't anticipate any of the raunchy scenes Shameless is known for.

Sadly I think that the fact some shippers are butthurt over this,  is and will be more entertaining then either wedding.

Why are shippers butthurt? I'd pretty much hate this storyline for any character. Well that and my special hatred for Brittany!

It really is amazing in its laziness how RM & team simply moved couples around instead of rethinking their story once Cory's passing meant no Finn/Rachel slapped together reunion.  Now Blaine/Kurt get the slapped together reunion the last 5 minutes of the show (or as i call it the Ross/Rachel treatment) while Santana/Brittany get the working through life's ups and downs together relationship (or as I call it the Monica/Chandler treatment).  

Sadly, even as badly written both of those couples where (especially Ross/Rachel) in the last couple of seasons of Friends, they seem like  Dick and Joanna from Newhart (one of the most functional TV couples ever even if it was all Bob's awesome dream (shout out to the best series ending ever)) next to any and all Glee pairings.  

Edited by camussie

Why are shippers butthurt? I'd pretty much hate this storyline for any character. Well that and my special hatred for Brittany!

Brittana fans are happy.  A certain other fandom is mad cause as they say they have been promised a wedding for 4 years now and this is taking away their thunder.

All pretty petty yet funny. 

It really is amazing in its laziness how RM & team simply moved couples around instead of rethinking their story once Cory's passing meant no Finn/Rachel slapped together reunion.  Now Blaine/Kurt get the slapped together reunion the last 5 minutes of the show (or as i call it the Ross/Rachel treatment) while Santana/Brittany get the working through life's ups and downs together relationship (or as I call it the Monica/Chandler treatment).  

Sadly, even as badly written both of those couples where (especially Ross/Rachel) in the last couple of seasons of Friends, they seem like  Dick and Joanna from Newhart (one of the most functional TV couples ever) next to any and all Glee pairings.  

To bad glee could never pull off a great ending like Newhart did.

My best hope for an end to Glee is that that Kurt returns to NY (with his child fiancé in tow since there is no way in Hell that the show will allow Kurt to be a free man) and drags Rachel with him because while I have enormous issues with her character and just how favored she's been over the years, it's just going to be a desecration of her story to be trapped in Lima. Let Kurt give her the pep talk that yes, she screwed up in a massive way and there are no promises that she'll ever rebuild he career again but that she has to try. So the show can end on a note of promise without clearly spelling out the end points of the stories. Kurt and Blaine may stay together once the cameras turn off, of they can split again. Kurt can have his opportunities for the career that he's always wanted and not spend the rest of his life in the town that nearly destroyed him. Rachel can find her way back to the stage (maybe a bit wiser and most in control of her ambition) or she might find that she did too much damage to fix. The audience can imagine the final answers that they want. But the last thing I ever want is to see Kurt and Rachel stuck in Lima and have that be their official end point on the show.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 1

Yippee Kurt gets to set Rachel straight one more time.   I know that is on every Rachel fans wish list.  :)

Rachel may be favored in solos and a easy career path but they do NO favors in her characterization by regressing her maturation and never letting her learn a simple lesson.  I guess take your pick but neither help her as a favored character imo,  she gets stuff to fast, resentment ensues, she is a brat, hate ensues.  

I do not think Kurt and Rachel will end up in Lima it is just a shame though we have to go through 12 episodes of filler to get them back there.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 3

Not that they will do it because clearly if these writers were actually capable of writing good stories, none of the shit that's coming up would be happening but that being said, the only reunion Kurt and Blaine should have in my opinion is if they do a 10-15 year time jump in the series finale where they meet each other again and the show ends on the suggestion of them reconnecting. That is the only way in my opinion, that there could any semblance of buying these two people together because at least one could rationalize that they would have both grown and changed for the better and were now ready to have an adult relationship.

I cannot imagine even the most delusional Kurt/Blaine shipper would not believe that they would break up about five minutes after the screen went to black if they reunite in present time. It's like what is even the point. But then I remind myself of all the many, many couples shows have done this tired trope with and all of those writers expected that people were supposed to be happy with the reunion no matter how fucked up they'd made the relationship by that point. I mean after all, I need to remind myself that Chuck and Blair ended up together so nevermind. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Some Klaine fans are excellent at compartmentalisation because they are mainly Blaine/Darren stans and have no other option when the character has been run to the ground. Some will also find all kinds of excuses for the shitty writing if they for some reason want to cling to the times when that relationship was new & interesting. It's the nature of the fan beast to an extent. And yes, this isn't the first TV couple to be ruined by the writing, and still be touted as eternal soulmates.

It's more that with the horrible way their relationship has been shredded the Klaine stans would be happy with an onscreen wedding as the entitled crumb they demand.

Would be completely like RIB to make Karosky Blaine's best man.

Edited by caracas1914
Sadly I think that the fact some shippers are butthurt over this,  is and will be more entertaining then either wedding.

God yes.  I'd managed to forget this show was still technically "on the air," but the butthurt in some corners of fandom over this spoiler is giving me life.  And the once upon a time Brittana shipper in me is a little nostalgic.  Maybe I'll Hulu these eps.

Harry Shum is back filming today, and Jenna just posted a tiny bit of script when is a Tina/Mike conversation. I'm taking a leap and saying they're getting them back together. The Tike shipper  in me is delighted, but for the love of god can't anyone on this show date someone they didn't meet in their high school glee club!

Harry Shum is back filming today, and Jenna just posted a tiny bit of script when is a Tina/Mike conversation. I'm taking a leap and saying they're getting them back together. The Tike shipper  in me is delighted, but for the love of god can't anyone on this show date someone they didn't meet in their high school glee club!

I actually don't mind that they are keeping the circle close knit, bringing in some random (hello Karofsky) now seems counterproductive to the established relationships that the show has done. I want for my Mercedes and Sam shipper heart to see those 2 together in the end. So far, its seems like everyone and their mother and probably Sue too and the grumpy guy she met in NY will get together at the rate the show is going. Hell the show is giving Becky a love interest. Yet, its still all mums the word on anything that is SamCedes spoiler related. I'm hoping they both get to have their careers and each other as well. It would finally be nice for them to let Mercedes have a permanent love in her life just like ALL of the other Glee girls!

• Love 1

Hmm.  I wonder if the Tina/Mike scenes are pick-up scenes from the Homecoming episodes because Harry Shum wasn't available until now.  I am clinging to a hope that even if they get back together both stay focused on their professional ambitions.  

Wonder if there are any more Santana and Brittany scenes after the BIG wedding or if Glee sending them off on their honeymoon will be the sun-setting on those 2. I mean it was reported that Naya would be back for 4 episodes and this would be the 4th episode that she is in, hmmm? Not sure if a number of episode appearances was provided for Heather, but I think that would be a nice closure for their story line but that is just MO!

There's a photo of Beiste (Dot-Marie Jones) as a man, with beard stubbles and all: link.

I still think that Beiste was not the right character to do a transgender story with, and the chance of RIB handling a delicate subject like this well is about 0.1%, but we'll see.

Also: with the gelled down curls plus Dot-Marie's muscular body-type and bone structure she looks like Blainofsky's love child.  0_o

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 1

From a recent interview he gave it seems that Mark Salling implied he's a Regular again.

Not sure why they would say that when he has maybe filmed for 3 episodes at most. 

After guest-starring sporadically last season, Mark Salling (aka Noah "Puck" Puckerman) is excited to be returning full-time to Glee – but he says there is a major void in the show's final season.

http://www.people.com/article/mark-salling-interview-glee-final-season-cory-monteith-new-project

Edited by tom87