Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

For me (and I'm only speaking for myself here), I  have serious issues with actors being asked to use their relationships with other cast members (whether they are genuine friendships or just being linked for PR) to promote the show. I don't know (nor care) if suddenly Lea, Darren and Chord are BFFs, or if TPTB are trying to use this idea of Daleastreet in order to try to drum up interest in a show that is dead man walking.

I can't take anything that Lea tweets seriously, because everyone is her best friend (just like every song she gets has her so excited because it's her favorite). Lea spent a lot of time citing her close friendship with Chris over the years, but we see nothing of that now in her PR push (and I think this is by Chris's choice). And given that Daleastreet didn't exist until after Ryan Murphy talked about how season six was going to be Rachel, Blaine and Sam heavy, it's hard to see it as anything other than PR. Or maybe they're now brunch buddies. Who knows?

And I don't know what kind of requirements the show has for the actors to use their social media credentials to promote the show. Or if Lea, as one of the primary leads, feels an obligation to do so on her own. But it's unseemly. And if this isn't something that Lea is ordered to do, it really has me questioning how serious (or opportunistic) she is. But again, we just don't know why she's really posting this junk,

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 2
And if this isn't something that Lea is ordered to do, it really has me questioning how serious (or opportunistic) she is. But again, we just don't know why she's really posting this junk,

You said it yourself she exaggerate things. She just promotes everything she does and glee is no different.    Plus  has only  been few a pictures.  Sorry but I highly suspect nearly no one would think it was unseemly if it was people they preferred in the pictures. 

This is  the definition of making a mountain out of a mole hill, imo.   

So I guess Spencer is so post Glee Gay the show is going to have to teach him a moral lesson.

Good thing they have Kurt there then.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

"A power struggle emerges between Rachel and Kurt. There’s an issue over whether the two will be co-directors, or if Kurt will be an assistant."

Now I hope this isn't glossed over, let them have a real battle and emerge wary uneasy allies,

one can wish.

"A power struggle emerges between Rachel and Kurt. There’s an issue over whether the two will be co-directors, or if Kurt will be an assistant."

Now I hope this isn't glossed over, let them have a real battle and emerge wary uneasy allies,

one can wish.

It will be Rahel says she is director, Kurt will say I only agreed to this because I thought I would be co director.  Rachel will say something wrong, Kurt will set her straight and Rachel will apologize for being the worse person ever to live yet again.

They will hug it out.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Sounds about right,

That is why I said one can wish.

Sigh, and once again Rachel is the self centered selfish Diva who recruits Kurt to help her and yet wants to retain the leadership status all for herself. Makes her sound like such a bitch.

It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. That why the show has her.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Sorry if these were previously posted.

http://gleekto.tumblr.com/post/97329660305

"6.01 and 6.02 Spoilers

Gi from GOBR contacted me this afternoon and wanted to know if I wanted some Klaine spoilers from 6.01 and 6.02. She said very clearly that she does not know if GOBR’s going to have spoilers like this anymore this season, so this may be a last time thing.

Of course I said I want the spoilers because I’m spoiler starved like everybody. I am going to give you all that I know. I don’t know anything else. I want to know how this all plays out as much as you but this is all we have . This is not by any means all the scenes (for eg. no scenes with Karofsky as Max starts next week).

She did not want to post the spoilers herself but she was willing to give them to me to post so that’s why I have them. I appreciate any time anyone gives me spoilers. So thank you, Gi and GOBR!

The spoilers:

Episode 601:

1. There is a scene where Blaine talks to Rachel about the break-up and his new job at Dalton, and will ask her to help with the Warblers.

2. The Warblers will perform ‘Sing’

3. There is a scene where Rachel comes home to find Kurt crying in her room. He has come back to fix things with Blaine. These scenes are toward the end of the episode. (I do not know if these are before or after Blaine tells Kurt about Dave per MJ’s spoilers.)

4. At the end of the episode Rachel and Kurt get the choir room back from a mad Sue.

Episode 602:

1. There is a flashback at the beginning of the episode where Blaine is heartbroken and upset (I assume post break-up)

2. The Jane story appears to be in this episode - Blaine meets Jane and she wants to join the Warblers. They debate if they will let her in or not.

3. There is a scene where Rachel helps Jane by teaching her how to do a good audition in the McKinley auditorium

4. A scene where Brittany gives advice to Kurt

5. A scene towards the end of the episode where Blaine will accuse Rachel of stealing talent from the Warblers. (Kurt is there) "

People aren't really upset over a few pictures  are they?   It is harmless even if it is PR.  I just do not get  the big deal.

Not upset.  It just annoys me given how hamhanded this whole DaLeaStreet push is.  Annoyed not at Lea, but at the so call professionals who run the publicity for this show.  They are as incompetent as the writers

As for the spoilers I see Kitty is coming back in episode 2 for a dose of the writers oh so clever meta.  Wonder if it will be about the writers themselves and how once Fox said no more newbies they didn't even get a last song (while guest stars got 3 in the two "final" Lima episodes) or if it will be in reference to how the audience didn't accept them. Also the explanation for why we won't see the other newbies is so dang lame.  I realize Glee is set hyper reality but that is still no excuse for a lack of internal story logic like this.  I seem to remember when ND was disbanded Sue didn't seem to hold any enmity against the members left at McKinley.  I am sure the writers convinced  themselves it is fine with the "But it's Glee" excuse.   Too bad it completely undermines that quite touching Will/Sue scene at the end of the 100.  

Then we get to the Kurt/Rachel spoiler.  I would hope that since Rachel is at rock bottom she would be at a place were she is open to being more of a team player but nope it seems she is still on the me, me, me train.  I mean if there was ever a time for Rachel to be self aware enough to know that not everything is "the world according to Rachel" that time is now.  Welcoming her "best gay" as a co-director without Kurt having to fight her on it should have been the first step to her adjusting her world view.  Hopefully her and Kurt resolving this will end up being the first step in her developing some dang self awareness which is the first step in her rebuilding her life.  Still the whole thing smacks of about a thousand Kurt/Rachel interactions we have had in the last couple of years.  Rachel is a self involved diva.  Oh so wise and self righteous Kurt shows her the error of her ways.  They make up.  They do the whole thing again the next episode.  Really a dynamic that is grating and does neither character any favors.  

Then we get some meta about the LGBT movement itself.  Where Kurt represents the "old timers" who feel they paved the way for the freedoms a new generation of LGBT people enjoy and where Spencer represents the new generation who doesn't acknowledge that struggle like they should.  And of course McKinley represents the world and how it views LGBTs.  Annoying for both the meta and for how it once again has Kurt in a place of self righteousness. And of course the most annoying aspect of all - that RM has managed to convince himself that Glee's LBQT stories have been that influential in LGBT movement.  Not to downplay Glee's contributions in promoting tolerance and understanding but I don't think it has been nearly as influential as RM thinks it has been.  When Glee gets all self congratulatory my eyes begin rolling.  See my reaction to the Glee movie.  

Finally Sue trying to destroy the glee club and attempting to enlist the help of a popular kid to do so.  How original and riveting.  

Edited by camussie

People aren't really upset over a few pictures  are they?   It is harmless even if it is PR.  I just do not get  the big deal.  

You and me both...you and me both. I blame social media and the internet. Gone are the days where you watch a show and bitch about just the actual storylines and shitty spoilers. Now all this "extra" stuff gets added in and it's all just like...seriously? I mean who cares about some stupid pictures I assume was on the actors' social media accounts, when you get bullshit like this

Sue forced the rest of the Glee club newbies to transfer out of McKinley after she disbanded the club.

Because the "you have to be disbanded even though you came second in a national competition" wasn't stupid enough, let's compound the stupidity by saying that students were forced to transfer simply because the club they were in was disbanded. Well  I guess any bullshit excuse to explain why the people they forced on viewers for two seasons are all gone but they'll waste money and time on new actors and characters that no will care about either and bringing back the creepy 40 year old teenager no one wanted to see again. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

So I guess Spencer is so post Glee Gay the show is going to have to teach him a moral lesson.

Or Kurt will get yet another lesson that all he'll ever be for RIB (besides being Rachel and Blaine's prop) is the wrong kind of gay-diddy-gay-diddy-gay-gay.

Honestly, this could go either way, and neither of the possible outcomes will probably look pretty.

Some of the spoilers sound interesting (miracles do happen), especially the power-struggle between Rachel and Kurt, although I suspect it to go the same way as most of the other dozen times they've done this: Rachel is a selfish bitch, Kurt wants his share, Rachel has to bend, but Kurt still ends up empty handed anyway. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But the least we should have gotten out of this is a Hummelberry duet. But oh, I forgot: Kurt doesn't get to sing in his storylines anymore.

Brittany and Santana are still a couple. Puck and Quinn too.

With Klaine clearly being klendgame too, plus very probably Samcedes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they hooked Tartie back up as well (or if not it will be Tike and Wildebrams in the end), that's almost all the kids from the glee club ending up with their high school love (and we all know Rachel and Finn were endgame too).

That's..... disturbing.

Sue tries to convince Spencer to help her destroy the Glee club.

Revolutionary, never been done before.

Also: Sue having the 'old' noobs transfer to another school: this is so stupid, even for Glee, and that's saying something. Sue might as well have kicked them all down the stairs into a coma.

As someone else already mentioned: do these writers even re-watch their older episodes, like the 100th?

But whoah: how to completely dismiss your season 4 shiny toys you threw everything and their mother at for a season and a half to make them happen, Ryan.

As for #Daleastreet: to me it just is annoying that they (whether it's strictly Glee PR or also the actors themselves) keep continuing with forcing this trio down our throat (without anyone in the fandom even creating the hashtag/shipname first, as they seemingly were not that interested to do so), after it clearly became redundant because Chris was available for the beginning of season 6 after all.

I could understand it before (though I was not interested in them), but this time it was very probably that Chris and Matt were right there while they took this pic, so... well, it just irks me the wrong way.

But otoh: maybe Chris (and Matt) simply doesn't want to be part of any promoting of Glee anymore, and I can't really blame him for that.

Chris has never been much for promoting Glee on his personal social media accounts unless it was something that really, really had him excited (like working with Adam Lambert or the episode he wrote). I have no doubt that he won't blink if he's required for official PR (photo shoots, commercials, BTS interviews, etc.) but not using his private social media connections. If he's tweeting about something, you know that he's genuinely excited so the total lack of any tweets from him about filming really speaks volumes about how he's seeing this right now. This is just a job that he has to get through for the next for the next few months.

Given that he's been at best underutilized and at worst completely sidelined, his lack of real enthusiasm for the final season is more than understandable to me. And if Lea wants to spend her time playing cheerleader for a dying show, that's her prerogative.

Edited by Hana Chan

Another note on the fairly short time jump.  Assuming this is fall (when most homecomings take place) exactly how long do Blaine/Kurt live together again before they realize it isn't working?  3-4 weeks?  I ask because there needs to be time for them to live together, break-up, Blaine to fail out of NYADA (the summer semester?), move back to Lima, and start dating Dave.  I know.  I know.  But it's Glee

Edited by camussie

Gone are the days where you watch a show and bitch about just the actual storylines and shitty spoilers.

And the days when the only "spoilers" you got were the teasers in TV Guide, especially in the anxiously-awaited Fall Preview Issue...back when TV Guide was still digest-sized and printed on pulp paper and the only way to get teevee listings other than maybe the local newspaper because there were no interwebs or social media and HEY YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN. :)

• Love 4

Another note on the fairly short time jump.  Assuming this is fall (when most homecomings take place) exactly how long do Blaine/Kurt live together again before they realized it wasn't working?  3-4 weeks?  I ask because there needs to be time for them to live together, break-up, Blaine to fail out of NYADA (the summer semester?), move back to Lima, and start dating Dave.  I know.  I know.  But it's Glee

I've been trying to work out the time issues. Funny Girl would have debuted in the early-mid spring (in order to be eligible for the Tony nominations which come out in early May). She quit around 2 months into her run so that likely would be around mid-April, when she left to NY to head to LA. That would give Kurt and Blaine a few weeks living alone in the loft together before they implode (since Blaine would have to be a total wreak and flunk all of his classes in late May-early June). That would only give them a few weeks before Kurt decided to pull the plug on their engagement and have Blaine to go into a total tailspin and flunk out of school.

None of the timing really makes sense because if we're allowing six months for the time jump, that would have to be putting us about halfway through the fall semester. Rachel's TV show would, at best, have started airing in September (and canceled in the same month) and she would need a little time to discover that she was unemployable in both Hollywood and New York before retreating to Lima and coming up with her scheme to rebuild ND. So my guess is that the season will start in October/November, which still is a very short period of time to squeeze in all these radical shifts but also would make trying to recruit and build show choirs to be ready for competition even more unlikely (since if I remember right, Sectionals were always before Christmas).

Rachel's calender in "Opening Night" indicated that Funny Girl's opening night was April 24.  Giving Rachel the benefit of the doubt, I am assuming it took at least two months before she was bored with her lifelong dream. That would put her leaving NYC around the middle to end of June.  Six months from that would be the the end of December.  Maybe Glee picks back up with close to real time (January 2015) and some how ND gets an automatic spot in regionals.   That would mean Blaine fails the fall semester before he returned to Lima and Rachel's pilot bombs in its debut in September.  

On the other hand I thought MJ blog made it clear that Glee time starts back up in Fall 2014 while at the same time saying there was a 6 month time jump.  Those seem incompatible to me.  It could simply be that Glee is being amorphous about time but when there are markers for the show's two lead characters like college semesters and the new TV season it defies all internal storyline logic and external reality.  Then again this is the show that had Finn moving into a dorm and starting college in April even though it would have worked much better both with the story they were telling and with how the actual world works if he had started school when Glee returned from its holiday hiatus.  

Edited by camussie

The show has something better; Ryan Murphy whose fantasy/obsession with reliving fucking HS football players is never ending.

So, who gets to fuck the gay HS football jock of Ryan's dreams? I doubt he remains single and just wandering around gratuitously shirtless. I keep wondering if it winds up being Kurt. Not only is he Ryan's self-insert character by his own admission, but he hasn't really hit anywhere near the rock bottom of Rachel and Blaine yet. Chris even once pitched a teacher/student thing where Kurt would be the student, so it's definitely been on the radar in the other configuration. The idiotic Dave stunt is done in 4 episodes, so they need the next attention grabbing, fan-enraging thing to postpone the inevitable Klaine reunion several more episodes. 

As for the timeline mess, there's no point in even trying.  It doesn't track any way you slice it and they don't care about timelines or continuity. They've never made any pretense about caring how college, calendars or even the rules of their own show choir contests work. Blaine flunked out mid-summer. Rachel's pilot happened in a timeframe when network pilots don't happen, then crashed and burned in time for her to go to Lima and restart show choir. Kurt can bail on all his classes and take show choir for credit mid-semester even though it's a performing school. Warblers get disqualified so the already disqualified third place team get to go to regionals instead of the singing and dancing extras. They're not even trying.

Edited by ThatThingYouDo

Rachel's calender in "Opening Night" indicated that Funny Girl's opening night was April 24.  Giving Rachel the benefit of the doubt, I am assuming it took at least two months before she was bored with her lifelong dream. That would put her leaving NYC around the middle to end of June.  Six months from that would be the the end of December.  Maybe Glee picks back up with close to real time (January 2015) and some how ND gets an automatic spot in regionals.   That would mean Blaine fails the fall semester before he returned to Lima and Rachel's pilot bombs in its debut in September.  

On the other hand I thought MJ blog made it clear that Glee time starts back up in Fall 2014 while at the same time saying there was a 6 month time jump.  Those seem incompatible to me.  It could simply be that Glee is being amorphous about time but when there are markers for the show's two lead characters like college semesters and the new TV season it defies all internal storyline logic and external reality.  Then again this is the show that had Finn moving into a dorm and starting college in April even though it would have worked much better both with the story they were telling and with how the actual world works if he had started school when Glee returned from its holiday hiatus.  

That timeline wouldn't work if ND is supposed to compete in any competitions. Sectionals was before the winter break and without competition eligibility, it's going to be difficult to get kids to be interested in joining a club like this. Especially by then they're already tied up with other extracurriculars. Glee has always played fast and loose with the timelines, but Kurt and Blaine were still in the spring semester at NYADA when the last episode ended and the new season is supposed to take place six months later. That would have to mean that Blaine and Kurt fell apart before the end of the spring semester and Blaine flunked out (since the fall semester would have been ongoing when the new season is supposed to start).

None of this is making a lick of sense. But that's par for the course with this show.

To complain about people complaining about deliberately planted spoilers and social media stuff is like saying it should be an issue that the Pope is Catholic. All these things are done to drum up attention/PR and discussion. It's fair game to opine how effective or non effective these efforts appear to be.

The show might not air until March but apparently everything will be spoiled ahead of time by 6 -7 months for fans so there's that. Of course we can shut down these threads and discuss nothing until the show airs but that's not gonna happen.

Blaine could be taking summer classes and flunked out of NYADA then.  Or like I said they could say he flunked out of the fall semester and have some manufactured excuse why New Directions gets a buy for sectionals and is automatically going to regionals.  I am betting on the second one since that will align the show more closely with real time.  

Edited by camussie

deliberately planted spoilers and social media stuff

I think if nothing else, Glee's social media approach says a lot about the perceived demographic of Glee.  Lea is SO EXCITED about singing HER FAVORITE SONG EVER and shooting A SCENE OF GLEE!!!! which is fine except that she is SO EXCITED about EVERY LAST THING which, when you're eleven or twelve, you are too so it's probably REALLY AWESOME!!!  At some point, though,  your tweener fans do get a little older and a few of them probably start to wonder, "Is every single song really her favorite song ever?  Every scene on this show is crap.  Why is she excited about any of them?"

• Love 2

Blaine could be taking summer classes and flunked out of NYADA then.  Or like I said they could say he flunked out of the fall semester and have some manufactured excuse why New Directions got a buy for sectionals and is automatically going to regionals.  I am betting on the second one since that will align the show more closely with real time.  

That still would be hard to explain. Summer classes are usually intensives that allow students who failed classes to catch up (or those who might want to get a jump on their coursework before the fall semester). You're generally not taking a full course load and flunking a few summer classes shouldn't tank Blaine's overall grades enough to warrant expulsion (unless he was already failing and was taking these classes to make up). Of course, given that we saw Ms. Tibideaux expel a student on a whim, who knows how all this will play out.

And for Blaine to go from being engaged, to being broken up enough about the engagement ending to flunk his classes, to being in a new relationships (whatever he has with Dave) in a six month period, that really plays into the impression that Blaine's feelings for Kurt were a lot of big showy gestures, but not a whole lot of sincerity. But then, this is the same guy who was drooling over Sam in between moments when he was reminded that he was trying to win Kurt back.

I get that the show needs something (anything) to try to build up some kind of interest so that when episodes eventually start airing (whenever that's going to happen) that someone will be watching. Glee's lost so much of its audience that the number of fans who are actually waiting with real anticipation for the new episodes are pretty much nonexistent. Casual viewers will likely forget that Glee is coming back (and that wasn't helped by the last episode of season five which felt like a series finale).

I'm sure that Lea's tweets are heartfelt, but when even her fans are tired of her cheerleading, it's clear that it's not effective. Glee is over-relying on social media because frankly, the network isn't going to spend big buck on advertising. And when everything is her favorite (person, song, whatever) then who knows what's really worth tuning in for? It just makes Lea look like a shill.

Glee is over-relying on social media because frankly, the network isn't going to spend big buck on advertising

It's within it's budget I imagine.

This is a new reality for Glee, all the filming will be done before a single episode airs, and it will likely be aired  in March with little buzz or promo.

Lea and every other glee cast member either tweeted or appeared in a tweet over the past week.  If she was shilling some people faves they would not care one bit. 

And exactly why would fox be advertising glee that doesn't come on for 4 months anyway.  

This is nothing different then what they have done ever other season. They tweet when they return to work and tweet periodically as they film. They use social media just like everyone else.     

Edited by tom87
As for #Daleastreet: to me it just is annoying that they (whether it's strictly Glee PR or also the actors themselves) keep continuing with forcing this trio down our throat (without anyone in the fandom even creating the hashtag/shipname first, as they seemingly were not that interested to do so), after it clearly became redundant because Chris was available for the beginning of season 6 after all.

Nobody's forcing anything down anyone's throat.  It's a twitter account, you're only going to see it if your looking for it (i.e., following Lea, other Glee accounts, spoilers, forums or fandom).  Nearly every cast member has tweeted something about the show the last week since they've been back on set, but again, Lea's the one that gets criticized.  Yes, she's very enthusiastic about a show she works on.  That's better than being bitter and hateful.  She's grateful for the job and opportunity.  That's a good thing.  Not to mention, she'd probably be crucified in the media if she ever was critical about anything.  You know Lea can't get away with being snarky about anything.

I'm sure that Lea's tweets are heartfelt, but when even her fans are tired of her cheerleading, it's clear that it's not effective.

That's one person's opinion and certainly can't be taken as gospel.  Lea's got over 4 million twitter followers.  I'm sure plenty of them enjoy her tweets.  I mean, the only thing left that I personally enjoy about this show is the cast.  A pic here and there is fun.  At least it seems like the cast is enjoying making the show, despite how terrible I think the show is.  Chris and Lea actually do take quite a few photos together when they're actually filming together, but sadly that doesn't happen all that often anymore...

• Love 2

The promotion of the show has gone completely to shit and it's awful that the show is using the actors (those that are willing to do so, at least) to use their reputations and the loyalty of their fans to try to drag in an audience when the quality of the show has turned so many of those fans off. Many are still watching because they are loyal to one particular actor at this point. I don't know of anyone still watching because they actually enjoy the show or what is going on with the characters.

I don't think that Lea is obligated to use her personal media connections to keep trying to drag up interest in a show that even a lot of her fans seem to have abandoned in droves. She may have 4 million twitter followers, but most of them apparently aren't watching the show (or buying her album or book). Social media only goes so far in creating interest. So if she's not being asked by her employers to use her personal accounts to promote Glee, then she has to take ownership of her communications and the response they garner.

Edited by Hana Chan

While I agree that couching that "DaLeaStreet" hashtag as it being forced down our throats is an hyperbolic view I also don't think it simply evolved out of the casts love of the show and each other.  To me that particular promotional push was clearly created by someone who has a hand in marketing Glee especially given how RM was touting that particular combo of actors last spring.  I really believe the origins of it was for a while there they were going to be the only regular "kids" left standing to kick off season 6 (since Chris was scheduled to be filming a movie) so they wanted to sell their stories as the ones to watch.  Then a bunch of changes happened over the summer (Chris became available after all, show order got cut, production was pushed a bit) so that hashtag was no longer representative of who was kicking off season 6.

I will never understand why someone at Glee thought that that particular hashtag would drum up interest for Glee but apparently they did.  For me personally it just made me roll my eyes at how clumsy the show had become at using social media as a marketing tool.  Especially compared to other shows going after the same demo (see Pretty Little Liars)

As for Lea's enthusiasm about Glee while I tend to take her effusive praise with a huge grain of salt, I also contend that promoting the show is part of her job.  As far as her sometimes exaggerations that is simply part of her social media personality.  I find it endearing even as I also don't take too  much stock in what she says are her favorites 

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3
Lea is still tweeting like "This Is The Best Evah!" She's coming across like a used care salesman.

Yet, Naya, Kevin, Darren, Chord and others have all tweeted about Glee Season 6, and again, Lea's the only one getting flak for it.

All Lea has really said is that it's fun to be back, pretty much the same sentiment as every other cast member said.  Oh I guess she's tweeted some song lyrics too.

• Love 1

OMG this isn't about too much tweeting or even the style of the tweet it is some just do not like what is being sold.

As mentioned if Lea all a of sudden didn't show some enthusiasm or didn't tweet at all then fans wanting info on the new season would be upset or  a conspiracy theory would be started  she is mad or is not getting along with others or whatever else floats into their heads.    Fans have come to expect her to tweet about who she is working with.    Lea got crap for tweeting about Finchel and Brochel too or gets crap for not tweeting about Faberry.    So as usual she is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

• Love 1

Sue forced the rest of the Glee club newbies to transfer out of McKinley after she disbanded the club.

Racist bullies FTW. 

Seriously that's me out in terms of watching. I'm fed up of Ryan Murphy's 'jokes' about poor people and minorities.

The only reason I was hanging in there was for a chance to see the likes of Harry Shum, Jenna Ushkowitz, Jacob Artist and Naya Rivera perform. Now that Harry and Jacob are both gone, and Naya and Jenna reduced to nothing more than backing singers, I'm out. 

Anyway, Lea tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/msleamichele/status/511650463653961728?p=v

So, dinner with the three choir directors+Sam? I wonder whose house that's supposed to be.

That's glee, Rachel surrounded by a bunch of white guys. 

When I read the thread here I was expecting some sort of scandal. LOL.  I don't follow Lea on twitter (I like her but she's not THAT interesting) so I went by the reaction here in terms of assuming it would be something juicy.   Weren't the cast tweeting pics last week too?   What makes this particular picture more noteworthy?

I actually don't mind it if Rachel spends a majority of her screentime with Blaine and Sam.   Their both reasonably down to earth compared to her, it should be a nice contrast.   I guess I could live with Sam & Rachel as a couple if they choose to go that way or as life-long friends would be acceptable and I like how Blaine and Rachel interact.   He seems quasi-normal compared to her.     Nothing about this season has be too excited but I am curious to see if they will pair Rachel up romantically before the end or if she will end up like she started the show.  Alone.   That part of the story could interest me either way.

Edited by Advance35
She may have 4 million twitter followers, but most of them apparently aren't watching the show (or buying her album or book). Social media only goes so far in creating interest. So if she's not being asked by her employers to use her personal accounts to promote Glee, then she has to take ownership of her communications and the response they garner.

OMG.  Take ownership of what?  What do people think Twitter and other social media accounts for celebrities are?  Their primary function is to connect with fans and promote things they are involved in.  This idea that one shouldn't use a "personal" Twitter account to promote a project they're involved in is absurd.  Also, the converse (not tweeting about a project) doesn't make someone else more/less worthy of admiration.  Twitter is not a personal phonebook.  She's not spamming friends and family to watch the show.  And she has 4 million twitter followers and counting, so her tweets are not turning people off.  It's just a small vocal minority that have some strange view of what a celebrity should use social media for.  If you go looking for it there's plenty of people that like her tweets also.  Generally, her glee tweets are still some of her most popular tweets, getting the most retweets.  It's all a matter of what you're looking for.

Also, why bother with some dig about her book or album?  Nobody's talking about that in this conversation, and yet you can't help but bring it up.  Anyway, her book was on the NY times best seller's list and her album did decently.  Were they blockbuster hits?  No, but they did pretty decently and enough to green light a couple of other projects.  Comments like these just support the idea that people give Lea a much harder time relative to anybody else.

Edited by dizzyizzy01
  • Love 1

The point that I was trying to make (and not as clearly as I would have liked obviously) is that social media is not an effective way to advertise anything. Lea's 4 million plus twitter followers did not translate to 4 million in album sales or 4 million in book sales (and this wasn't meant as a slam against her). Nothing is a substitute for the network putting some money into advertising instead of depending on whatever cast members who feel like it to try to keep the fans interested.

Glee has gone totally into the shitter and there's not a character left who hasn't been totally dragged through the mud in order to fulfill Ryan Murphy's vision. I'm not surprised that the network is likely not going to invest much (if anything) into advertising the show (or to even remind fans that the show hasn't been canceled). But if Glee is going to depend on Facebook or the actors tweeting, they're going to be surprised (and not in a good way) when the audience doesn't bother to tune in. I think that Lea is being foolish by continuing to feed the beast (and letting herself be used), but that's her prerogative.

Racist bullies FTW.

Seriously that's me out in terms of watching. I'm fed up of Ryan Murphy's 'jokes' about poor

people and minorities.

The only reason I was hanging in there was for a chance to see the likes of Harry Shum, Jenna Ushkowitz, Jacob Artist and Naya Rivera perform. Now that Harry and Jacob are both

gone, and Naya and Jenna reduced to nothing

more than backing singers, I'm out.

That's glee, Rachel surrounded by a bunch of white guys.

I thought you liked Matt Morrison too.

I think that Lea is being foolish by continuing to feed the beast (and letting herself be used), but that's her prerogative.

But  don't you see the negative to if she stopped too?     She is doing the same thing as always .  They just started back up she tweeted about working with Jane and Chris and no one crapped their pants over it.   

So they are all feeding the beast if they have tweeted or appeared in a tweet about glee  I guess.

• Love 2

Folks, there is 6/7 months until an actual airing of Glee. So of course people are going to comment on the social media, scant spoilers we have, etc.

As to Lea, she is the Queen. End of story, she drives the engine and people either love it or hate it, but they are going to comment. ;)

• Love 1
I think that Lea is being foolish by continuing to feed the beast (and letting herself be used), but that's her prerogative.

Again, there are still a lot of people that follow her for her Glee tweets.  Just speaking objectively, they're still generally her most popular tweets.  And, yes even, this much discussed daleastreet tweet.  Also, it sounds like some people have a very naive view of celebrity twitters.  It's not some holy ground of integrity if you don't tweet about projects you're involved in.  Twitter is a marketing platform.  It's a tool that fosters "direct" connection to a fanbase, helps maintain interest for that celeb, and can actually generate direct revenue for them in specific cases.

The show is obviously beyond saving at this point, and I don't think that's what Lea's trying to doing at all.  She's giving fans a glimpse into her life without really revealing anything too private.  Lea's actually very good at this.  That's what she's always done on Twitter; there's nothing new in these series of tweets.

• Love 1

Even for Glee this time span lapse is a new low.

Is there really out gay football students in HS in America that have absolutely zero issues with other students about their orientation? I mean Glee is a fantasy as it is but it's funny how Ryan obsessions fantasies are sooo transparent.

Seeing Matt perform has not been a reason to tune into Glee in a really long time. They let him out once or twice a season, and it's usually a fairly context free performance. Just because he's still shackled to the show doesn't mean they give him anything worth watching.

I actually don't mind it if Rachel spends a majority of her screentime with Blaine and Sam.

That is actually one of the reasons the DaLeaStreet tag irked me when I saw it yesterday (once again not at Lea but at the show).  She isn't going to be spending most of her time with Sam & Blaine.  Kurt is clearly going to be her most frequent screen partner.  Well Kurt and the newbies 2.0. Even as DaLeaStreet  annoyed last spring I sort of got it when it looked like CC was going to not be on for the first few episodes of season 6 (although even then I think they should have used the character's names for a mash-up because the most annoying part of that whole thing has always been using the actors names).  Now I totally don't get why the show is still trying to push it.   Not only is it an annoying portmanteau,  now it isn't even an accurate one.

I like Matt Morrison but there is nothing in the current spoilers nor the history of the show from season 2 on that tells me he is going to have much to do this season.  Last year in the first 13 Will got a bit more because Finn wasn't there as co-leader of the Glee club.  This year I don't expect anything like that.  I think he main role will be to serve as peacekeeper between Blaine and Kurt/Rachel and to battle Sue when that inevitably comes up.  

Seriously that's me out in terms of watching. I'm fed up of Ryan Murphy's 'jokes' about poor people and minorities.

While I agree RM  does this (I will never not be irked over both Mercedes and Santana being called lazy in comparison to Rachel) I truly don't understand what Sue forcing the newbies 1.0 (save Kitty) to transfer has to do with his biases.  To me that is just a hack writing job by RM in order to address questions that a time jump of only 6 months brings up.  

Now where I see his bias against minorities showing up is not having Mercedes in every episode.  She is a regular.  She is well liked.  She has an amazing voice.  The vocal diversity for females is needed.    Surely if it is a matter of budget they could have chosen another character to not use in every episode (hello Sam).  

Edited by camussie

The point that I was trying to make (and not as clearly as I would have liked obviously) is that social media is not an effective way to advertise anything. Lea's 4 million plus twitter followers did not translate to 4 million in album sales or 4 million in book sales (and this wasn't meant as a slam against her). Nothing is a substitute for the network putting some money into advertising instead of depending on whatever cast members who feel like it to try to keep the fans interested.

Glee has gone totally into the shitter and there's not a character left who hasn't been totally dragged through the mud in order to fulfill Ryan Murphy's vision. I'm not surprised that the network is likely not going to invest much (if anything) into advertising the show (or to even remind fans that the show hasn't been canceled). But if Glee is going to depend on Facebook or the actors tweeting, they're going to be surprised (and not in a good way) when the audience doesn't bother to tune in. I think that Lea is being foolish by continuing to feed the beast (and letting herself be used), but that's her prerogative.

It's a symptom of the even bigger disease of no fucks given about the show by any of its fans. Fox could promote the shit outta it and it wouldn't erase the bad taste that the last two seasons (or last three for some) has left in people's mouth. I can't comment about any of Lea's post because I don't care about BTS stuff, but if folks like a show enough, in today's age, they'll look that up. And very few care anymore.

It's already been addressed with the many posts since mine but just to comment on this:

To complain about people complaining about deliberately planted spoilers and social media stuff is like saying it should be an issue that the Pope is Catholic. All these things are done to drum up attention/PR and discussion. It's fair game to opine how effective or non effective these efforts appear to be.

If this was in part a response to my comment, let me be very clear that nowhere did I say anything about people commenting on spoilers because that would be ridiculous since this is the spoilers and discussion thread. However, to each his own, but I just personally do not think a couple of pictures posted on some of the actors' social media accounts with some lame hashtag is that big of a deal or should be used as some tangible proof of what's happening on the show. But then again, that's just me. The only person I follow from the show is Chris and that was an on a whim thing years ago and frankly, he seems to tweet so little these days half the time I forget I follow him.

I get that the show is not coming back for awhile but I think there's plenty to discuss spoiler wise between MJ's spoilers, the Gleekto Tumblr or whatever it's called, the Brazilian girls, GOB or something or another and even the major outlets like THR and TV Line, etc. who mention something every once in awhile. Whipping oneself into a frenzy over a couple of pics on the actors' social media that proves and tells nothing really, just seems a bit much in my opinion. But hey, to each his own. 

Admittedly I've always maintained that frankly,  I find a lot of the fandom bullshit to be as annoying sometimes as the crappy writing and that for me works both ways - good and bad. In other words whether it's "stanning" one of characters/actors or hating them. I find it all a lot of times to be incredibly over the top and as a result mountains are often made out of very small molehills. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Daleastreet is imo more than just Lea tweeting about her usual enthusiastic set adventures with her co-workers, because Ryan Murphy himself hinted at them being the big trio this new season (and he already gave them ample focus in the seasons before). It's practically all he could talk about a few months back when asked about season 6 (and when he was specifically asked about Kurt he gave an answer about Klaine, so that kinda sums it up how he feels about him).

So this Lea tweet and pic, including the hashtag (unless you want to believe that it was just Lea tweeting about her "bestest" friends like always, which would be a bit awkward as we know that Chris and Matt were at that scene filming too) at this particular moment can possibly relate to spoilers, or at least to the prediction of the focus certain characters might get this season.

As said before: with Chris available for the beginning of season 6 after all, many people thought that the clearly initially organized promotion of #Daleastreet was a thing of the past. But apparently not, and it might indicate something if there's more of it in the near future.

Tbh: I couldn't care less about who Lea hangs with on set, but there is definitely enough room and justification to speculate about the season and its spoilers when it comes to the #Daleastreet hashtag.

As much as I am tired of Klaine I think I am more tired of  Kurt's stories  being connected to him being gay.  That is just one aspect of him. 

While at the same time Blaine gets nothing of the sort. As far as him also being gay concerns he skips through life pretty much unscatched and unchallenged (apart from that mentioned Sadie Hawkins beating before he met Kurt, but clearly the terrible fear of not being able to wear hairgel to a dance has since then replaced that trauma).

Being gay only ever matters for Blaine in the show when it comes to romance, so mostly when he's connected with Kurt.

Edited by Glorfindel