Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Looks like they've confirmed they cast another of the ND newbies.

As I suspected, no open auditions or cast calls have spilled out yet regarding Vocal Adrenaline or the Warbler students. Those schools are not meant to be fleshed out as true narratives.

It's hard to see how they can spend much time at Carmel or Dalton since the performing arts crisis is happening only at McKinley with Sue's ban on the arts. With those other choirs it seems more a place to stick characters since you can't have 4-5 choir directors all at McKinley.

The one good thing among the spoilers is that for Hummelberry will be front and center with the whole choir room dynamics at McKinley, while pitted against the main adversary Principal Sue. I'm going to guess supporting them will be Coach Beistie and Sam. So it will be refreshing not to see them relegated to some side narrative like has happened the two previous years.

Darren also did How to Succeed on Broadway and the Sondheim tribute doc for HBO, guested on Web Therapy, did voiceover work for a few movies and TV series, did a summer tour, and has this Motley thing on the side.

And let's not forget Starkids, which is where most people knew Darren from before "Glee"!

Will it really be satisfying for Hummleberry fans to watch them write the theme of the week on the write board and clap and cheer ND 3.0 from the side, like what Will and Finns role ultimately became the the same position?

Of course not, it would better for them to be in NY or LA pursuing their dreams and careers.

However, looking at the best from a bad situation, at least this time they aren't reduced to five minute cameos. Unlike Finn, these two in the narrative love to perform so I doubt they will be sidelined quite the way Cory was. They are going to get scenes, interaction with others and songs. The big question is how much Ryan and company are going to allow the new group of Noobs to perform.

I always argued that FOX never gave a rat's ass if the show was set in NY or LIma, but that the one condition they set down on Ryan is that the focus had to resettle again on original characters (Seasons 1 and 2) That's why the show had to go to NY when it did, there was no time to return them to Lima with 6 episides left in the season. That would explain why the Noobs were so flagrantly sidelined in the middle of Season 5 to the point they virtually got no songs down their final stretch.

While everyone argues that FOX doesn't give a crap about Glee anymore, I would think that mandate of focusing on Originals is something they would maintain for the final wrapup of the show.

Edited by caracas1914

Since we are stuck back  in Lima and have little choice I'll take  Hummelberry over other pairings b/w  the 4 we know are  for sure in Lima full time,  Rachel,Kurt, Blaine and Sam.

I'm more curious as to how they are going to incorporate Artie and Mercedes into this final season. They both are returning as full time regulars as well. At this point the only descriptive information leaking out seems to be centered around Rachel, Kurt and Blaine which is fine but since they have more than those 3 as regulars I'd be more than a little happy when something gets leaked on them as well. That pretty much goes for Sam as well, yes he's back as the assistant coach so I don't how that gets him more screen time unless they continue the Blam dynamic and have him what interacting more with the football team than with the others. I would really like to know how they tie them (Artie and Mercedes) into the school surrounding I would say in a believable way but then I remembered this is Glee it doesn't have to be realistic just fit into the songs of the episode they want to have sung. Any how enough on Rachel and Blaine for me I'd like to see where the others are headed in this final season as well. Is there a current spoiler out if so can someone please post the link, thanks.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Will is also a regular character and all we know about him is that he is the VA coach and so far there are NO characters either regular or guest linked to him to share scenes with. I want to know what is he actually going to do all season.

Edited by Pink ranger

Sadly I don't think that Glee has known what do do with Will since Season 1. Well, It doesn't really know how to grow any of the characters to be frank but in Will's case they've painted themselves into a corner by moving him out of McKinley.

This is where moving everyone to Lima hurt Will, because with so many Will 2.0's he's redundant.

What I'm having trouble seeing is how the three show choir storylines are going to come together in even a remotely coherent sense. The show has never been able to handle split locations with any real balance and with Blaine off on his own with the Warblers, Will off on his own with VA and Kurt and Rachel at McKinley (along with Sam) there just doesn't seem any real way for the various characters to interact organically. Kurt, I supposed, will haunt Dalton every now and then in order to try to win the Grease Stain back (though why he'd want to is certainly a head scratcher), but other than that, there's just no need or place (outside of maybe running into one another at a competition) for anyone to really interact. And forget about Mercedes, Artie and Santana who'll just pop in every now and then because of reasons.

*sigh* The more I think about this season, the more a mess it seems doomed to be.

I still am going with the idea Will is still teaching at McKinley.

I was v bored with the competition cycle in the second season.   I would be fine with them just having a invitational and be done with it.

Nothing has been more predictable than the glee club winning Nationals in their senior year.

I wouldn't put it past the show as a budget cutting cost to reduce the number of episode appearances of all but a handful of regulars. From spoilers, Kevin is missing from the first episode, as is Matt Morrison and Amber Riley and supposedly they are all " Regulars" for these last 13 series ending episodes. Like Chris, Kevin had been tentatively scheduled to film a movie in the late summer that has been delayed.

The only question is Jane, she has never appeared in all (or most) the episodes of a season , though for this last run they may finally do that.

Amber said she was filming today so they are already doubling up and filming more than one episode at a time.

With all the time they have I can only guess this is due to scheduling all these people.

The  GOB Brazilian site is playing games again this year with spoilers.  Just released them or don't, the riddles and teasing are annoying imo.

Edited by tom87

The  GOB Brazilian site is playing game again this year with spoilers .  Just released them or don't, the riddles and teasing are annoying imo.

Totally. Hope the MJ blog will be able to get some more, she is a no-nonsense blogger and doesn't play these games. It was hilarious though when last season? GOBR announced they'd do mainly song spoilers, and when a couple other blogs spoiled full episodes some people bitched and moaned why they had to do that.  

Edited by fakeempress

Well it seems whoever leaked the spoiler that they "The Originals" would be back for the 2nd episode supposedly named "Homecoming" seems to be on to something. Chord Overstreet posted this on his Instagram http://instagram.com/p/svgpewuXy3/ only ones not visible are Jenna and Kevin. I guess Lea is some where around. I'm only talking about the original characters so I have no clue where Darren is at and of course Chord took the picture so theres that.

Unlike Finn, these two in the narrative love to perform so I doubt they will be sidelined quite the way Cory was.

I always thought this was a weakness in Finn's journey to be a teacher - that they downplayed his own musical abilities and his own joy of performing.  We saw a glimpse of it with "Juke Box Hero" but not much after that.  I never bought that Finn didn't like to perform, just because didn't want to make a living being a performer on stage.  

I mean I get why they did because that way that had a reason for the grads, Mercedes in particular, to come mentor the newbies but it stripped something away from his story and made them seem shoe-horned.  I think a better story for Mercedes would have been her flaming out almost immediately in LA and coming home not knowing what to do.  She sees that Kurt too is feeling out of sorts and they pump each other up to make the leap to NYC so that episode 401 ended with both of them deciding go there.  Of course that would have meant keeping Amber on as a regular but  I think if there was one other original they absolutely should have done that for it should have been her. 

I always argued that FOX never gave a rat's ass if the show was set in NY or LIma, but that the one condition they set down on Ryan is that the focus had to resettle again on original characters (Seasons 1 and 2)

I think this and the budget issue are intertwined.  They got rid of Lima last year because the newbies were only contracted for 13 episodes. So with no more Lima they didn't have to pay their salaries not to mention Jane's or Matt's (neither of whom I doubt had a full 22 episode contract).   They are focusing on the originals this year, with only a few on contracted for every episode, for the same reason - it is simply less expensive.  Even though they have a split narrative all of those places are in Ohio so I would bet they use common sets like the Lima Bean (where Figgins is employed) and the McKinley choir room (where Blaine and Will will probably spend a head scratching amount of time) in order to keep costs down as well.  As for plots I doubt Fox cares enough to weigh in on those.  They have to know that it wouldn't be worth their efforts to expend much energy on a show that surely is a time and money sink no matter what changes are made.

On a completely separate note I love "Take on Me" (and the video)  but I wonder who will lead.  I am betting Blaine and for once I think that will be in his wheelhouse.  

Edited by camussie

They got rid of Lima last year because the newbies were only contracted for 13 episodes. lead.

Except the we're credited on every post Lima ep, which suggests to me they were being paid.

Please let all the musical numbers be sitting down or walking about. Or let Jenna be front and centre she's the only one left who can sing and dance well.

• Love 1

Except the we're credited on every post Lima ep, which suggests to me they were being paid.

Some regulars like Mike Mike O'Malley, Jessalyn Gilsig, Jayma Mayes, Jane Lynch, Amber Riley, Harry Shum, Mark Salling etc all have been credited in all episodes  in certain seasons even though they were not in the episode and most  had  episode limits..  The newbies most likely had a limited episode guarantee and their contracts were not up until the end of June.

Edited by tom87

They were contracted for the entire season but that contract specified a minimum number of episodes guaranteed.  Reports were that guarantee was 13 episodes.  If they were in more episodes than that they would have had to be paid for those extra episodes.  Much like Dot Marie Jones is on contract this year but she said in a tweet a couple of weeks ago she knows she is in 6 episodes for sure (her minimum guarantee) and maybe more.  

Well it seems whoever leaked the spoiler that they "The Originals" would be back for the 2nd episode supposedly named "Homecoming" seems to be on to something. Chord Overstreet posted this on his Instagram http://instagram.com/p/svgpewuXy3/ only ones not visible are Jenna and Kevin. I guess Lea is some where around. I'm only talking about the original characters so I have no clue where Darren is at and of course Chord took the picture so theres that.

We've known forever that it was happening, but this just makes me sad. And angry. Young people who can't put high school behind them isn't "power of the performing arts." It's pathetic - and the exact opposite of what RM claims his ultimate message to be.

• Love 1

To be fair most it seems are just coming back for homecoming.  I don't have an issue with that as people do visit their hometown after they go to college.  I have an issue with those who seemed to want more yet they come back and hang out for a few months possibly forever, because they have hosed their dreams (Blaine and Rachel) or because they are chasing after an ex (Kurt).  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

The big fanfare for graduating half the class back in Season 3 was that Ryan wanted " reality" and not aging students in the choir room.

Now we have the Originals in their SIXTH season on the show back at McKinley High.

How this train-wreck is suppose to garner passable ratings is beyond me.

On a completely separate note I love "Take on Me" (and the video)  but I wonder who will lead.  I am betting Blaine and for once I think that will be in his wheelhouse.

Of the males, I think it suits Kevin and Chris the most, they can go the whole vocal range of the song easy. Maybe Chord can too but I never cared for his voice to pay attention to his range, and Darren will be strained. Don't know who GOBR include in the "old gang" though, I wish they'd get over themselves and list the singers they know about.

Edited by fakeempress

The big fanfare for graduating half the class back in Season 3 was that Ryan wanted " reality" and not aging students in the choir room.

Now we have the Originals in their SIXTH season on the show back at McKinley High.

How this train-wreck is suppose to garner passable ratings is beyond me.

I always like this and then they hired Vanessa and than Becca who are older than any of the other girls.

I always like this and then they hired Vanessa and than Becca who are older than any of the other girls.

I'm bored so I google. Thank god I start a new job next week!

Vanessa's older than any of the regular girls, Becca's the same age as Jenna, Lea, Dianna, and Amber. The closest in age to their characters would be Naya and Heather who were 23 in season 1. Melissa is a year younger than them but still has 8 years on her on screen counterpart. But weirdly from oldest girl to youngest there is only 3 years.

The guys have a ten year spread Mark Salling and Harry Shum are both 32, and are only 4 older than Matthew Morrison. Darren, Chord and Kevin are all mid 20s. Chris is 24, giving him only two years on the newbies Jacob, Blake and Alex are all 22 (or about to be), and 3 years on Kurt, Harry and Mark have 11 years on their onscreen counterparts.

In short, with the exception of those barely out of their teens, and Becca's and Jenna, none of them ever looked like teenagers. Not helped by a wardrobe dept dressing them like 20 somethings.

Agreed that Network TV high school kids tend to look "older" , because they usually hire adult actors past 18 because it makes it easier  for filming due to Child Labor laws.  When Glee filmed it's pilot Chris Colfer  was still 18.   As far as I know, he's the youngest actor Glee ever hired as a regular.  Kevin at 20 was next and I think they are the  only Originals  under 21 to be hired. Amber and the rest of the girls were 22/23 when the pilot was filmed.  Chord was 21 when he was hired in Season 2 and Darren  was at least 23.

Subsequently some of the Glee Projects actors hired  were young, but obviously none of them really caught on.

I don't think the issue was that the Original Glee kids were all a bit older, (which is the norm, and LBH, Mark never looked like a teenager )  but that Ryan made a very loud and public  point that Glee was going to be different in NOT allowing aging students on TV past a "realism"  shelf life.    Well,  he then hired 26 year old Becca  to play a  HS sophmore.  She was (then) older than the departed Glee female students she replaced...LOL.   Becca is pretty but she certainly looked 26 so it's just example 10000 of what a bullshitter Ryan Murphy is. 

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

I'm bored so I google. Thank god I start a new job next week!

Vanessa's older than any of the regular girls, Becca's the same age as Jenna, Lea, Dianna, and Amber. The closest in age to their characters would be Naya and Heather who were 23 in season 1. Melissa is a year younger than them but still has 8 years on her on screen counterpart. But weirdly from oldest girl to youngest there is only 3 years.

The guys have a ten year spread Mark Salling and Harry Shum are both 32, and are only 4 older than Matthew Morrison. Darren, Chord and Kevin are all mid 20s. Chris is 24, giving him only two years on the newbies Jacob, Blake and Alex are all 22 (or about to be), and 3 years on Kurt, Harry and Mark have 11 years on their onscreen counterparts.

In short, with the exception of those barely out of their teens, and Becca's and Jenna, none of them ever looked like teenagers. Not helped by a wardrobe dept dressing them like 20 somethings.

Like I said Becca is older than the other girls (earliest bday), point  was they said they didn't want them all to be so old and they hired Becca and even Melissa at an older age then any of the original  girls  were hired.

The first season took forever to film so the Amber, Jenna and Dianna all started at 22 and ended at 24 while filming season one. Lea 22-23 and Naya and Heather 21-23,   during filming. Yes including the pilot it took from Oct 2008 until May of 2010.

Yeah not seeing how Becca or Jenna look any younger. I just saw clip of Lea for her SOA  job and  w/o much make she  looked pretty young still as did she back in the old Rachel clothes. Heather can look young too.

Edited by tom87

Of the males, I think it suits Kevin and Chris the most, they can go the whole vocal range of the song easy.

Kevin maybe, but I doubt Chris can easily do the low part, unless they shift it. He was straining a lot on the low part of Don't Stop Believing and Take On Me has some even lower notes. I think they'll probably just split the song, not have the same person do all the chorus parts.

Like I said Becca is older than the other girls (earliest bday), point  was they said they didn't want them all to be so old and they hired Becca and even Melissa at an older age then any of the original  girls  were hired.

The first season took forever to film so the Amber, Jenna and Dianna all started at 22 and ended at 24 while filming season one. Lea 22-23 and Naya and Heather 21-23,   during filming. Yes including the pilot it took from Oct 2008 until May of 2010.

Yeah not seeing how Becca or Jenna look any younger. I just saw clip of Lea for her SOA  job and  w/o much make she  looked pretty young still as did she back in the old Rachel clothes. Heather can look young too.

I thought Amber looked way younger than her actually age in a lot of her scenes in the NY portion of the show last season. I think it was because of her natural hair style in those last few episodes. 

The Bitch is back.

Becky returns. That was quick.

Wow did you just read this somewhere? Whoa WMHS is going to very soon have everyone they ever flashed a camera on returning for season 6, wonder if neck brace girl has been invited back too?

Hopefully it is just for a homecoming visit because honestly for a show that pats itself on the back for showing that so called losers in high school can reach beyond and are special in their own right what kind of message does this send?  College programs for those with Down's Syndrome are a fairly recent and welcome occurrence.  There aren't enough slots for applicants.  Those who get in have a chance at a more independent life.  Becky giving that up to go back and be Sue's lackey would be appalling.  

College programs for those with Down's Syndrome are a fairly recent and welcome occurrence.  There aren't enough slots for applicants.  Those who get in have a chance at a more independent life.  Becky giving that up to go back and be Sue's lackey would be appalling.  

Given what we've learned of season 6 so far, that means not only will she have quit college to be Sue's lackey, but she'll be dating Jacob Ben Israel and living in a van down by the river.

• Love 3

So Max George of "The Wanted" is going to appear on Glee maybe he is going to be Rachel's new love interest. I much prefer it be someone not associated with the show. Still think Jesse St. James would have been a good candidate since there is already a back history. Again this is my speculation nothing is confirmed other than by "F yeah, Glee club" posted today posted his instagram (Max George's) page. http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/97310865856/max-george-from-the-wanted and this http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/97311979856/therealmaxgeorge-only-114-pages-to-learn-loveit

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Do guest actors ever only ever receive the script pages that just include their dialogue as opposed to the whole script though? That would seem odd to since since it is always beneficial to be familial with the episodes whole content.

Edited by Pink ranger

I guess with the high likelihood of leaks nowadays, they sometimes get part scripts?  Though I suppose if you're only playing in one subplot disconnected from the rest of the show (like the Brody character), you only really need to know your part.  It might even help to act without knowing the context of what the main characters are experiencing, since Brody (as an example) wouldn't know anything about McKinley beyond what Rachel tells him or what Rachel is saying to Kurt about him, etc.

Edited by Camera One
Do guest actors ever only ever receive the script pages that just include their dialogue as opposed to the whole script though? That would seem odd to since since it is always beneficial to be familial with the episodes whole content.

Sometimes even  the  Regulars wouldn't get full scripts...LOL.   I know some guest stars, especially singing ones (as in a Competition episode) only received their dialogue and song.