Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Developing doesn't mean jack to Glee, Blam was tight n s5 and didnt have goodbye scene when Sam left NY, so "development" is not a factor IMO and we don't know what the context of that Blam scene is., we shall see 

(edited)
Why do we think they break up the last episode and not  we built this city?

I never said they won't break up before the final episode.  I think they do but I think there will also be a goodbye scene between them in the last episode.  

Edited by camussie

I'm hoping in episode 10 Sue spills the truth about hypnotizing Sam.

Yeah, I don't think we'll be hearing any more about the hypnosis.The initial kiss between Rachel and Sam may have had to do with that, but they went out of their way to show the rest of that "relationship" was completely them. They can break them up, which I think they will do, but there is no changing that they went there with them.

(edited)

Yeah, I don't think we'll be hearing any more about the hypnosis.The initial kiss between Rachel and Sam may have had to do with that, but they went out of their way to show the rest of that "relationship" was completely them. They can break them up, which I think they will do, but there is no changing that they went there with them.

Yeah they went there and not too many wanted it. I don't understand what kind of writing classes those fools at Glee attended but its like they only know love triangles, cheating and being in a relationship (if you're a woman of color you can scratch all of these). But damn you can move on without getting into another relationship I know its unheard of by Glee standards but damn the whole Sam and Rachel whatever it was such a waste of time. Now its seems that Jesse is back they are down playing it or using Jane as the mouthpiece to say "oh it was a friendship, no relationship there" just like they used Mercedes as their mouthpiece to "push whatever it was" guess I'll have to hear how it plays out. However I will NEVER think it wasn't even necessary.

Edited by Ann Mack

Rachel pregnant? Knowing these writers it's probably Finn's because unbeknownst to all but Rachel he froze some of his sperm before going to university.

Seriously though seeing those photo of her pregnant made me happy for some bizarre reason, cause I've never actively wanted Rachel to procreate at all and thought that would be an end result for her. Or maybe because it's Jesse's I kinda get a kick out of Lea having Jonathan's fictional baby.

• Love 3

Rachel gets a Tony and a baby! It's Christmas and Hanukkah!

I find it hard to care anymore. Rachel gets everything. Klaine get each other. Everybody else gets paired up somehow last minute and the less we think about how that goes the better. It's so self-indulgent I think the film school textbook that tries to tell kids not to do that needs to be updated with this example.

At least Will sings a song I love. I enjoy Matt's voice. That will be a nice addition to my relaxing reading time playlist.

• Love 1

A thought about Rachel being pregnant on the night of the Tony awards...

The picture appears to be in Rachel’s dressing room, but unless the character that Rachel is playing on Broadway is at least six months pregnant, how the hell would she still be performing at this point? She would have had to drop out of the show as soon as she started showing (because there’s only so long you can hide a baby bump on someone that petite, not to mention that she would have probably had to drop any dancing that her role required as her pregnancy progressed). It’s nice that they want to show Rachel “having it all” but let’s be serious… would career-driven Ms. Berry even think about trying to get pregnant while she’s starting a new show? She would have had to have gotten pregnant right when she started rehearsals. I cannot imagine that Rachel, who had already fucked up one golden opportunity by not taking it seriously, would get pregnant right as she’s starting a new show. And yes, accidents happen, but after her first pregnancy scare, I would hope that she would be on some serious birth control (and that Jesse would be wearing six layers of condoms to ensure that she didn’t accidently get knocked up).

And if she is Kurt and Blaine's surrogate (and I pray that she's not), then by all that is holy let Kurt have been the donor so that the kid will at least have a chance of being of normal height and having good hair.

(edited)

Unless I am misremembering there is no indication they were all in Glee together when Sandy Ryerson was the coach.  The only person  we knew was in Glee besides Rachel was Hank Saunders,  the student Sandy took "special" interest in.  Rachel used that to get Sandy fired,  Will took over.  Put up the sign-ups and the rest we know from the pilot.  

That means IF Rachel is a driving force to getingt the others to sign up, while it won't be a complete retcon I think it goes against the general feel of the pilot - that while the "losers" all knew each other none of them really liked Rachel or were open to listening to her.  Artie/Tina seemed to be actual friends when the pilot started as did Mercedes/Kurt but Rachel wasn't friends with any of them.

It would be even more of a retcon to say they were in a Sandy Ryerson run Glee club because I thought part of the point of those 4 signing up was that they were ready to take a chance on Glee while the point of Rachel signing up is she saw a chance to be a star.  

In one version ( maybe the screener) they show a scene of Sandy directing the song One from a chorus line and the kids are part of the "stool" choir.  You see Rachel, Mercedes, Kurt and Tina in this song.

As I said recon is gonna happen.  If the kids want the club bad enough maybe they think they can deal with her cause she has been in their classes for ages anyway.

The 'stool choir' scene with Rachel, Mercedes, Kurt and Tina all in Sandy Ryerson's glee club is in the Director's Cut version of the Pilot. I think it once aired on tv(?) back in 2009 but I'm not sure. Does anyone know?

Anyway, it's just a few seconds scene without any real focus on the kids, and it's not in the official Pilot, so the originals (sans Artie) already being in Sandy's glee club before Will restarted it can be simply ignored by the writers without it officially being a retcon, I guess.

But part of the (original) fandom still remembers, and also that Rachel was not friends or in some form of understanding with any of the others when they signed up for Will's ND glee club. So yeah..... not a real retcon, but also not exactly truthful to how the characters were in season 1 either.

Of course we don't know what the episode will be like, but I also suspect some sort of glorified storyline of Rachel being the driving force behind the glee club, and as this season of Glee basically has become the Rachel Berry show (while dismissing and/or ignoring most other characters' achievements and struggles in order for her to be the Special Snowflake) I wouldn't like that.

I'm delaying my judgement till the episode airs, but with the way this season is going I'm not hopeful we'll get something significant for any of the other original season 1 cast (not just the original 5).

Some have suggested elsewhere that it's Rachel and Kurt together in 2009 forming a pact to get the glee club going again (this speculation is based on them singing 'Popular' and shaking hands in that episode still with the caption that they make a pact). In that case it would in a way make a full circle moment of Rachel and Kurt being glee club coaches now in 2014-2015. But what's wrong in this scenario is that both Rachel and Kurt never wanted to be glee club coaches, not back then and not really now. They are both coaching glee club in 2014-2015 for other reasons than wanting to be teachers: Rachel to get her feet back on the ground, and Kurt for his NYADA studies.

Rachel and Kurt always wanted to be stars, not teachers.

But it's very clear this season that "the importance of the arts education" and all that crap RIB use to justify yet another show choir competition round in Lima is more important to them than characterisation and continuity of their original characters, so I can imagine them doing this storyline with Hummelberry in '2009'.

With the stills that have been released it's clear that Rachel wins her Tony in the future, not the present as I initially feared. (I based that on a BTS picture of Matt, Lea, Chris and Darren, which showed Lea in Rachel's Tony award dress, Matt in tuxedo, but Chris and Darren having present Kurt and Blaine hair. In hindsight they were probably dressed for 2 different scenes, Rachel in the future and Klaine in the present)

At least I'm glad even Rachel Berry needs to put in a few years of hard work to get that award. But I still don't like that most of the other characters' future prospect will basically be cheering on Rachel when she wins (again), without getting any real individual development themselves.

Edited by Glorfindel

A thought about Rachel being pregnant on the night of the Tony awards...

The picture appears to be in Rachel’s dressing room, but unless the character that Rachel is playing on Broadway is at least six months pregnant, how the hell would she still be performing at this point?   (---)

As Rachel is wearing her Tony dress in that still I think that's the dressing room of the Tony awards, before the show is starting, and Kurt and Blaine come to visit her to wish her luck. 

It could also simply be a room in Rachel and Jesse's home (or Mr Shue's, or Klaine's, depending on where they watch the show), as dressoirs with mirrors are not uncommon in e.g. a bed room or hallway (there's another still of Rachel and Jesse coming down the stairs, which would support the hallway theory).

Have no clue how they're going to try to pass Kurt and Rachel having anything beyond strained tolerance towards one another (at least, on Kurt's part) in 2009. Here are just a few prime quotes that Kurt used regarding Rachel in the early part of season one:

"Did I miss the election for queen? Because I didn’t vote for you."
"Is she gonna diva out after every rehearsal?"
"We all know I’m more popular than Rachel.. and I dress better than her."
"You need something to distract from your horrible personality. Most of the time I find it hard to be in the same room with you, especially this one which looks like where Strawberry Shortcake and Holly Hobby come to hook up."

This doesn't exactly sound like someone speaking about a person that he's got warm fuzzy feelings towards. Really have to ask if the writers (who I increasingly believe were recruited off of Fanfiction,net) have ever seen Glee before or are (with RIB) in a concerted effort to shit all over all the great things that Glee had been in the past.

This doesn't exactly sound like someone speaking about a person that he's got warm fuzzy feelings towards. Really have to ask if the writers (who I increasingly believe were recruited off of Fanfiction,net) have ever seen Glee before or are (with RIB) in a concerted effort to shit all over all the great things that Glee had been in the past.

Considering they might also whitewash Puck and Karofsky's bullying (and I don't even know if that's better or worse than the last scenes of them being as terrible bullies), I'm going with yes, they are making that concerted effort.

(edited)

Considering they might also whitewash Puck and Karofsky's bullying (and I don't even know if that's better or worse than the last scenes of them being as terrible bullies), I'm going with yes, they are making that concerted effort.

Provided we still don't know how it's done, but if that as well as the Rachel/Kurt and Rachel/glee club organiser retcons happen, where would it leave the series then? Wasn't the point of the whole thing that they became friends not overnight, but in the process of their choir room life with Will Schuester, and the fight to keep the glee club against Sue's machinations, and it took them a while. (Realistically, most of these people won't have been or stayed friends, but I have to fanwank it.)  If the bullies weren't so bad, Rachel wasn't so disliked, they weren't as disparate a bunch as they were back in the Pilot--what then ? 

Edited by fakeempress
(edited)

I find it increasingly funny how Naya and the producers/whoever had some kind of major BTS meltdown last season, and yet she (and Heather, by association) are the only people this season who ended up with any resembling a good story.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 3
(edited)

Everybody gets everything they ever wanted and a baby!

You get a happy ending! You get a happy ending! Everybody gets a happy ending!

Except Tina.

And Mercedes.  I don't see her getting anything but the privilege of playing the Hattie McDaniel role for Rachel O'Hara.  And she doesn't even get a thank you in Rachel's acceptance speech. SMDH

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 5

Except Tina.

Looks like they're lower Tina to being a Rachel Berry cheerleader who with Artie. *vomit*

A Rachel/Jesse child should totally defy their parents and backpack Europe for way too long before awkwardly going into politics and having all the strange dirt come out. We're talking secret children and lives elsewhere. Somebody hooks up with Cooper. It could be endless fun.

• Love 1
(edited)
(I based that on a BTS picture of Matt, Lea, Chris and Darren, which showed Lea in Rachel's Tony award dress,

That is a different dress than the Tony award's dress.  The Tony awards dress does not have the pleating and the neckline is a different.  The Twitpic   is a Royal blue blue halter with a pleated skirt .  The pregnant Tony award dress is a black jersey knit with wide shoulder straps.   That is why I think they are all dressed for the same occasion in "present day."  Maybe a show of Rachel's or NND at nationals.  Or it could be if she sings at the Tony's she has one outfit for that and another for accepting the award which would put both dresses in the future.   Either way it looks like the future looks is going to be almost entirely focused on Rachel.  I don't mind that in theory but they should have used the rest of the 13 to wrap up other character's stories in a satisfying way,

Edited by camussie

And Mercedes.  I don't see her getting anything but the privilege of playing the Hattie McDaniel role for Rachel O'Hara.  And she doesn't even get a thank you in Rachel's acceptance speech. SMDH

Nailed it!

Although remember way back when, they had everyone go around and talk about their dreams (I think after the Karofsky suicide attempt) they actually had Mercedes say, "I want to live long enough to meet Rachel Berry's children". So see! RIB has made all of Mercedes dreams come true!

• Love 5

That is a different dress than the Tony award's dress.  The Tony awards dress does not have the pleating and the neckline is a different.  The Twitpic   is a Royal blue blue halter with a pleated skirt .  The pregnant Tony award dress is a black jersey knit with wide shoulder straps.   That is why I think they are all dressed for the same occasion in "present day."  Maybe a show of Rachel's or NND at nationals.  Or it could be if she sings at the Tony's she has one outfit for that and another for accepting the award which would put both dresses in the future.   Either way it looks like the future looks is going to be almost entirely focused on Rachel.  I don't mind that in theory but they should have used the rest of the 13 to wrap up other character's stories in a satisfying way,

You're right. I was a bit too fast with jumping to "that's the same dress!" when I saw the new pics.

So there's some fancy party in current time as well. I wonder what it will be (it can't be the Klaine wedding anymore, lol).

They wasted so many episodes this season on filler, like Klainer-JigSue and spoiled brat child star, it's a shame. The writers didn't even try, smh.

Except Tina.

Or Kurt, who wanted to be a performer in NYC. Or get ONE GODDAMN SOLO before the series ends.

• Love 1

Rachel pregnant? Knowing these writers it's probably Finn's because unbeknownst to all but Rachel he froze some of his sperm before going to university.

Seriously though seeing those photo of her pregnant made me happy for some bizarre reason, cause I've never actively wanted Rachel to procreate at all and thought that would be an end result for her. Or maybe because it's Jesse's I kinda get a kick out of Lea having Jonathan's fictional baby.

I actually aww'ed when I saw that stairs pic. You got your girl, Jesse. Good on you!

I also immediately wondered when I had become such a ridiculous Jesse stan. LOL.

• Love 4

Speaking of Jesse, per a Samchel fan

You know despite the stills I still think Samchel is endgame. Samcedes sure isn't endgame at all, it looks like Tank is definitely w/ Mercedes. Meanwhile I think that Rachel is the surrogate for Klaine's baby like her mother and I could see her doing that for her best friends. As far as Jesse goes, I think he's gay and married to the announcer at the Tony's. I still feel like Samchel is endgame. If Jesse's admission is that he's gay or engaged then Samchel endgame chances are high.

• Love 1

I sometimes wonder how these people feel when they watch the show and everything they've screamed about on their blogs is completely wrong, but then I remember they just claim it's brilliant and pretend they never said otherwise. It's very strange. 

Personally, I always thought Jesse was a good match for Rachel. They're similarly crazy and can probably stand each other in the long term. I do somewhat fear even the idea of any child they might produce, but kids can be the last things you'd expect. They could wind up with an Alex P Keaton level type they have no idea how came from them.

• Love 2
(edited)

I never thought they were a good match in that I think they both would be so caught up in being the star they would have one of those very volatile Hollywood marriages.  There wouldn't be enough room for both of their egos in that relationship.  Still better them than Sam/Rachel.  That is what it boils down to me.  Anybody but Finn lite.  That said, I think Rachel being pregnant on top of marriage and a Tony is very much like a fanfic writing tween penned the finale so that stairs pic did nothing but make me roll my eyes.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 5

That said I think having Rachel being pregnant on top of a marriage and a Tony is very much like a fanfic writing tween penned the finale.  

I completely agree with this. They never know where the line is. There's a stopping point and they always blow past it and double down.

• Love 1

See I never thought they were a good match in that I think they both would be so caught up in being the star they would have one of those very volatile Hollywood marriages because there wouldn't be enough room for both of their egos in that relationship. 

I would agree with this if we were talking about Season 1 Rachel and Jesse. But, in Nationals, I think they showed that he's matured a bit since then. And Rachel is definitely not the same person she was in Season 1. I think maybe older, more mature St. Berry has potential to be a good pairing.

• Love 1

I kind of envision them having a spectacular divorce with full tabloid drama and a whole album of Rachel's and Jesse's devoted to their side of the story, then reuniting many years later after doing a movie/show together and then again blowing up quite spectacularly, after which they agree to be lifelong friends though.

• Love 3

Who the heck is Tank?

Those Samchele people sure do hold on tight. My guess is as long as Sam doesn't end up with Mercedes ( which is apparently a fate worse than death for poor old Sam) they will declare victory.

No but seriously, who's Tank?

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Mercedes and especially Mike are going to emerge from this mess the most intact.  Both will probably have professional success and both were able to do it mostly on their own.  Oddly enough Sam might come out looking like a winner too.  He found success in NY.  Decided the city wasn't for him and apparently forges a path more to his suiting back in Lima. 

Edited by camussie
(edited)

Those Samchele people sure do hold on tight. My guess is as long as Sam doesn't end up with Mercedes ( which is apparently a fate worse than death for poor old Sam) they will declare victory.

I saw someone say that if Samchel isn't endgame, the only other ship they'd accept is Sam/Quinn. Otherwise, they want Sam to be alone. I just....

I think Mercedes and especially Mike are going to emerge from this mess the most intact.

I think Brittany and Santana are both fine too. Neither of them were ruined this season (and actually I prefer S6!Brittany to seasons 3 and 4 Brittany), they had a nice and final goodbye, nothing overtly offensive happened. I'll take that as a win.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

True and it is a good thing that Santana was talking about going back to college.  I always thought it was pretty dumb of her to throw away that scholarship so I am glad it seems like she wants to go back.

• Love 2

I saw someone say that if Samchel isn't endgame, the only other ship they'd accept is Sam/Quinn. Otherwise, they want Sam to be alone. I just....

Dianna is busy being an Indy movie queen and Quinn is stuck with Puck for some reason anyway. I don't exactly like the idea of Quinn being stuck with Puck versus taking on the world as an Elizabeth Warren style amazing woman who takes the world by storm, but if the choice is Puck or Sam, I take Puck. The Samchel peeps can suck it up and deal with their issues.

The fact that they're even pulling Quinn out of thin air when a) she's already been endgamed, b) she literally cheated on Sam, and c) have they even spoken to each other since Hold on to Sixteen? 

• Love 1

Who the heck is Tank?

Mercedes told Sam in 'What The World Needs Now' (6x06) that she has a new boyfriend who's so big  they call him "Tank".

But lol at the mind twists some people make in order to believe their favorite character will still end up in their preferred endgame ship, or the opposite: not ending up with a character they dislike.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Tank is some non-Glee role Max Adler played on some other show on some other network or maybe cable?

Yes! You are right. You have jogged my memory. Tank is the name of the character Max Adler plays on Switched at Birth. So these poor Samchele people are so desperate for Sam not to end up with Mercedes they are end gaming her with some character FROM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SHOW! On a different network! LOL! It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and transparent. 

The fact that they're even pulling Quinn out of thin air when a) she's already been endgamed, b) she literally cheated on Sam, and c) have they even spoken to each other since Hold on to Sixteen?

That's called ABM or "Anybody But Mercedes". 

ETA:

Mercedes told Sam in 'What The World Needs Now' (6x06) that she has a new boyfriend who's so big  they call him "Tank".

Ok, that makes more sense. I guess that's what I get for not really watching the show or paying attention. But what proof do the Samchele people have that Mercedes is with Tank in the future? Is that why LL Cool J was randomly at the Glee Wrap Party Carnival? That sounds like the type of stunt casting RIB would do. Like I said as a former die-hard Samcedeian (I just made that up) this show has made me want them not to end up together as well. But mostly because I don't like the thought of Mercedes taking Rachel's sloppy seconds. 

Edited by spiritof76
(edited)

Who the heck is Tank?

Tank is the guy Mercedes told Sam she was dating when he sang "Close To You" to her. He is supposedly in a Christian Rock Band and she met him at the BET Awards. Oh yeah Glee went there. So now she's dated a guy who was built like a bulldozer and now a Tank. Keep it classy Glee keep it classy SMH! Apparently the Glee writers have some sort of fetish about heavy equipment!

Edited by Ann Mack
(edited)

I think LL Cool J was at the wrap carnival because NCIS: LA shoots on the same lot.  Plenty of reasons for him to be there even if it was a Saturday.

Edited by camussie

I think LL Cool J was at the wrap carnival because NCIS: LA shoots on the same lot and it could be they were filming that day,

That makes sense too. But see with RIB that is where my mind goes!