Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Here's a link for 6x12 (Sectionals) song spoilers: http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/110597123981/sectionals-song-spoilers

"Broken Wings" - by Mr. Mister (sung by Falconers)

"We Built This City" - by Starship (sung by Vocal Adrenaline)

"Mickey" by Toni Basil (Sung by Vocal Adrenaline)

"Chandelier" by Sia (sung by Madison, Kitty, and Jane)

"Take Me to Church" by Hozier (sung by Roderick, Jane, and Kitty)

"Come Sail Away" by Styx (sung by Madison, Mason, Kitty, and Spencer)

I have to say I hate how many songs VA got this season. Especially considering Will basically hasn't sung at all. I also wish one of the final episodes wasn't completely sung by new people and randos. I like the new people and I'm cool with wrapping up their stories, but I don't know, I'm just not crazy about the song distribution this season. Oh well.

Also as a point of clarification that is 613 in the production (the last episode) but may be 612 to air since we don't know when "2009" is going to air.  If 2009 airs before it it will 613.  If 2009 airs after it will be 612

I am just assuming of course but I would think that 2009 would fit better as the final episode since there appears to be narrative progression ( for Glee) in the earlier episodes where as 2009 seems more stand alone and could play out as a epilogue if aired last.

Here's a link for 6x12 (Sectionals) song spoilers: http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/110597123981/sectionals-song-spoilers

I have to say I hate how many songs VA got this season. Especially considering Will basically hasn't sung at all. I also wish one of the final episodes wasn't completely sung by new people and randos. I like the new people and I'm cool with wrapping up their stories, but I don't know, I'm just not crazy about the song distribution this season. Oh well.

This is exaclty why I didn't want a competition episode.

The 3rd group shoud have a  silly snippet at most. VA could have had one mash up and ND only needs  to have 2 songs.

Then have a duet let Kurt and Rachel sing to thier glee club.

Edited by tom87

Oh no. . .why are they making Matt Morrison rap? I am cringing.

I think they sound really good singing together at the end, though. The writers should've chosen an inspirational song where Matt gets to sing instead of rap.

• Love 2

So the random choir and Vocal Adrenaline get the two best songs. At least Kitty has a lead on all the ND songs and Jane on two of them.

WHEN TWO BECOME ONE ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” FRIDAY, MARCH 6, ON FOX

Whoopi Goldberg (“The View”), Grammy Award Winner Michael Bolton and Fox News Channel’s Geraldo Rivera Guest-Star

Dalton Academy burns to the ground, and the Warblers must combine with the New Directions to form a super group. Meanwhile, Rachel begs Carmen Tibideaux (guest star Whoopi Goldberg) to let her return to NYADA in the all-new “The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester” episode of GLEE airing Friday, March 6 (9:00-10:00 PM ET /PT) on FOX. (GLE-611) (TV-14; D, L) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jane Lynch as Sue; and Matthew Morrison as Will; Dot-Marie Jones as Coach Beiste; Lauren Potter as Becky; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Laura Dreyfuss as Madison McCarthy; Billy Lewis Jr. as Mason McCarthy; Samantha Ware as Jane Hayward; Marshall Williams as Spencer Porter and Noah Guthrie as Roderick

Guest Cast: Whoopi Goldberg as Carmen Tibideaux, Geraldo Rivera as himself and Michael Bolton as himself

Joy warblers and sue heavy episode. And Rachel i´m sorry but nyada would be stupid to let you in again.

How great is it that Rachel is begging Carmen to return to NYADA and not Will, Kurt, Mercedes, Artie, Tina, Mike, Santana, Brittany, Puck, Quinn (long distance), Blaine, Burt, Carol, the New New Directions, the New New New Directions, Sue, Becky, the current VA captain, the old VA captain and all of the Warblers begging on her behalf?

Progress!

Edited by Myrna123
  • Love 1

Dalton burns to the ground? LOL of course it does. Wouldn't all the Warblers have to transfer to McKinley in order to be a part of their club? 

I listened to the brief video clips of the sectional songs and "Chandelier" and "Take Me To Church" don't actually sound too bad. Granted the clips are only like 15-30 seconds of crappy audio quality, but those are kind of hard songs to sing so I was surprised. I'm also surprised that they didn't somehow have Blaine sing Chandelier solo in a nude leotard and blonde wig. 

Edited by SadieT

I don't see why begging makes Rachel less than a favorite.  She messed up.  Big time but her realizing it and trying to get a second chance (versus having one handed to her) is growth.  Much better  than others doing it for her.  Her realizing that Carmen was right and she needs the education and training NYADA has to offer is growth.   Then again I don't need my favorite character to be on top all of the time.  I just need an arc that makes sense and that gives the character some hand in their own destiny.  

For example, I liked that Finn was lost after graduation and I liked that he found a passion in teaching.  My criticism of the story was that he didn't have enough initiative in his own story.  Artie pushed him to be co-director.  Will handed him ND and Marley had to berate him before he went to college.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

If Carmen lets Rachel back in NYADA (and I'd be really disappointed if she did tbh), how long before Rachel bails again because of the next golden opportunity being handed to her? There's still 2 more episodes to go after this one after all, and I doubt RIB will let Rachel end like this without a bigger professional triumph.

Lol, at the writers burning down Dalton Academy just to get 12 members to compete at Sectionals.

(I can't believe I just wrote that, but it's actually true. Jeez.)

Can I dare hope for Blaine's hairgel somehow setting the place on fire?

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 4

I don't see why begging makes Rachel less than a favorite.  She messed up.  Big time but her realizing it and trying to get a second chance (versus having one handed to her) is growth.  Much better  than others doing it for her.  Her realizing that Carmen was right and she needs the education and training NYADA has to offer is growth.   Then again I don't need my favorite character to be on top all of the time.  I just need an arc that makes sense and that gives the character some hand in their own destiny.  

For example, I liked that Finn was lost after graduation and I liked that he found a passion in teaching.  My criticism of the story was that he didn't have enough initiative in his own story.  Artie pushed him to be co-director.  Will handed him ND and Marley had to berate him before he went to college.  

I agree. It'd be better to have her go back to NYADA and train properly for all the rigours of stage life that she couldn't manage before, than to immediately put her into another Broadway production like nothing happened with FG. There is no way around her begging Carmen for that, Rachel has to show she realised what she did wrong - at least I hope that's how the scene goes. 

Can I dare hope for Blaine's hairgel setting the place on fire?

The display case with Blaine's jacket perishing in the fire should do it, lol

• Love 2

NYADA is supposed to be a super-competitive school where only 20 students a year are accepted to the musical theater program. Why they would take back a student that not only dropped out while failing her classes (because she was neglecting them) but then quit the Broadway show she dropped out of school to perform in? Especially when you consider how belligerent Rachel was in her last interaction with Dean Tibideaux. Considering that NYADA would have thousands of applicants every year begging to get in, taking back someone like Rachel wouldn't be to the school's advantage.

But if they don't want to give Rachel an instant trip back to Broadway, it would be a convenient way to at least get Rachel back to NY and on the path to where a Broadway career of some sort would at least be a possibility. I suppose that allowing her to be readmitted to finish her education is less a conceit than giving her another starring role at this stage.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 1

They are doing the character no favors imo.

Rachel deciding to go back to school is a good choice, have her realize Carmen was right. But to have her beg makes her look like she thinks she has done something to get another chance, she has not.    God even have her go back and apoligize to Carmen and leave at that but why begging.

Go back and apply to another school in NY and make the best out of a great education even if it isn't the tip top school.  

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Have these writers never heard of say, NYU Tisch? Matt went there for a little while, and Lea got accepted but never actually went.

Why NYADA again?

Exactly, let her learn from her screw up without begging for a another chance she doesn't deserve and go  make the best out of another school enviroment.

Edited by tom87

It makes sense in the story that Rachel revisits NYADA/Madame Tibideaux in some form. It always felt, at least to me, that after her big dust-up with the dean, that that decision would come up again and their paths would cross. It may turn out that Madame Tibideaux won't take her back and she will have to go to another school (doubtful), but in the Glee universe, NYADA is supposed to be THE school for a Rachel Berry type. To ask for something sincerely or humbly (I.e., begging) does seem to fit the situation Rachel has made for herself...but it's only an episode description, so who knows how it will actually play out.

• Love 1
Have these writers never heard of say, NYU Tisch? Matt went there for a little while, and Lea got accepted but never actually went. Why NYADA again?

My guess is they don't want to pay for the rights to use NYU's name.  Besides that they made it more than clear in season 3 in Glee's fictitious world NYADA is the place to be when it came to musical performance education and training.  

Rachel deciding to go back to school is a good choice, have her realize Carmen was right. But to have her beg makes her look like she thinks she have done something to get another chance, she has not.    God even have her go back and apoligize to Carmen and leave at that but why begging.

Because she screwed up in spectacular fashion in regards to how she ditched NYADA and then Broadway and her being willing to beg for another chance is her finally acknowledging that.  I would have taken a thousand scenes of Finn taking the initiative and begging every admissions counselor at Lima U for a chance at late admission over that one scene of Marley having to berate him into taking the chance.

Beyond that I doubt she is on her hands and knees or prostrating herself before Carmen.  My guess is the begging involves her acknowledging that Carmen was right and asking for another chance.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

It makes sense in the story that Rachel revisits NYADA/Madame Tibideaux in some form. It always felt, at least to me, that after her big dust-up with the dean, that that decision would come up again and their paths would cross. It may turn out that Madame Tibideaux won't take her back and she will have to go to another school (doubtful), but in the Glee universe, NYADA is supposed to be THE school for a Rachel Berry type. To ask for something sincerely or humbly (I.e., begging) does seem to fit the situation Rachel has made for herself...but it's only an episode description, so who knows how it will actually play out.

Exactly. Remember what Shelby told Rachel all the way back in season three? How she always lost out on parts to NYADA students? It's supposed to be the top school for that field and having that name on your CV opens a lot of doors. In Rachel's case, getting her degree there can possible heal a lot of the damage she did to her reputation when she quit Funny Girl.

Look, I think trying to have Rachel get back into NYADA at this stage is pointless primarily because there would be no rational reason that she would be taken back. Not after the way she quit. But it would be the first real evidence this season about Rachel recognizing that she made huge mistakes and taking a baby step or two in trying to actually fix the things she broke on her own. Even if she gets turned down (and by any rights, she should be), at least it's not more of her crying how her dreams "fell apart".

• Love 1

It all depends on how it will turn out in the episode. If Rachel apologizes to Carmen while expecting no favors in return I would be okay with that, even if Carmen would then take her back. Because then at least I could actually see Rachel having progressed and grown as a person after her mistakes, and being deserving of her return to New York.

But I don't trust Glee with this at all.

As I already said: I don't think Rachel getting back into NYADA will be her ultimate comeback and great triumph of season 6. It's so unlike RIB to not give her something bigger on Broadway in the end.

So either Rachel gets accepted back into NYADA and bails again when surprise, surprise, the audition she had in 6x06 actually comes through after all.

Or Rachel gets rejected by Carmen Tibideaux for NYADA (but still hopefully has apologized and paid her humble dues), mopes around again till after Sectionals, and then magically still gets something on Broadway in the last episode (whether that's the 6x06 audition or not). Jesse is coming back in the final, and maybe this is why: to get Rachel back on Broadway somehow.

Going back to school would be good for Rachel but not NYADA.

My Best case scenario: Rachel gets turned down by Carmen and actually ACCEPTS that as a consequence of her prior actions, while determined to continue to pursue her dreams. Her Dads divorce has her financially strapped so she has to work at the Diner and go to school part time while still pounding the pavements for auditions. The fadeout is Rachel landing a small role in some off off Broadway production happy to be performing again.

The audience knows she has the talent to eventually land another Broadway lead so its pointless to show that again.

• Love 1

Going back to school would be good for Rachel but not NYADA.

My Best case scenario: Rachel gets turned down by Carmen and actually ACCEPTS that as a consequence of her prior actions, while determined to continue to pursue her dreams. Her Dads divorce has her financially strapped so she has to work at the Diner and go to school part time while still pounding the pavements for auditions. The fadeout is Rachel landing a small role in some off off Broadway production happy to be performing again.

The audience knows she has the talent to eventually land another Broadway lead so its pointless to show that again.

This is how I would have liked her story arc to have started this season. But I'm not sure I want to see her end the show that way.

• Love 1

If we had wishes then we should have had Rachel juggling  school and getting  small gigs along the way before in the last season she gets a big break to do Fanny and the show ends on her being Fanny after 2 years of working for it.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 2

I still think it's a shame that Season 5 wasn't a parade of crazy auditions and off off off off Broadway experimental productions. Early Glee Rachel would have paid the hell out of her dues to earn her eventual starring role. Every crazy experience would have been one more anecdote for her sure-to-win-a-Tony, one-woman, biographical show that was only a matter of time in coming.

Edited by Myrna123
  • Love 9

They could have at least showed us ONSCREEN her "Glass menagerie" Audition.

The other thing is they never addressed the Kurt/WSS/Tony question.  I would have loved to have seen Kurt trying out and eventually getting a straight romantic lead role without the prejudices/bias of people in small town Lima.   Kurt working to improve in his auditions to that he could still be Kurt in real life but submerge to another character on stage.

• Love 7

I still think it's a shame that Season 5 wasn't a parade of crazy auditions and off off off off Broadway experimental productions. Early Glee Rachel would have paid the hell out of her dues to earn her eventual starring role. Every crazy experience would have been one more anecdote for her sure-to-win-a-Tony, one-woman, biographical show that was only a matter of time in coming.

That would have been so entertaining. And the worst thing about this season is that everything you just said could have still been done.

I never understood WHY RIB felt it was necessary to bring Rachel back to Lima. It felt like they wanted the show to center around Rachel this season but they also wanted to preach about art education without really doing the work of getting audience to appreciate art education and see why it is something necessary for school kids. 

They could have at least showed us ONSCREEN her "Glass menagerie" Audition.

The other thing is they never addressed the Kurt/WSS/Tony question.  I would have loved to have seen Kurt trying out and eventually getting a straight romantic lead role without the prejudices/bias of people in small town Lima.   Kurt working to improve in his auditions to that he could still be Kurt in real life but submerge to another character on stage.

I think the writers believe that Kurt and Blaine getting marry is them achieving their dream. Basically the writers are in the business of making KlainersFF happy and ignoring the fans of the individual characters. 

• Love 2
I never understood WHY RIB felt it was necessary to bring Rachel back to Lima

Simple.  Because RM believes with all of his heart that damn choir room is the reason for the show's success.  He thinks the universe he created made these kids stars not the work they put into it.  It is the same reason Finn's original story was torpedoed.  RM created a first generation of glee stars in the choir room and by god he could create another and if he had to completely trash one of the lead's original story so be it.  The only thing that has changed is he has been disabused of the notion that he can franchise Glee.  Still he thinks it is his choir room is what truly led Glee to be the phenomenon it was.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

The other thing is they never addressed the Kurt/WSS/Tony question. I would have loved to have seen Kurt trying out and eventually getting a straight romantic lead role without the prejudices/bias of people in small town Lima. Kurt working to improve in his auditions to that he could still be Kurt in real life but submerge to another character on stage.

That might have actually required them viewing Kurt as a character in his own right, so of course there hasn't been any follow-up. Yet. Maybe they'll get to a quick montage after the umpteenth performance of show choirs we don't care about.

I don't know...their Romeo & Juliet was pretty painful. LOL (Brought to us by these wonderful writers...who can even ruin Shakespeare to make an OTT point.)

Edited by indeed

Rachel and Kurt paired as  love interest in some shotty off off bway show,  alone would have made season 4 1000x better.

No arguments there. I have no issue with them being in school, but it always struck me as an absolute crime that with the performance opportunities all over NYC that we never saw Kurt and Rachel getting involved in the theater scene. Kurt joining an experimental company like the Wooster Group (and having him come home complaining about having to perform naked while painted green and wearing a grass skirt) or Rachel signing on to do an off-off-off Broadway production of Oklahoma done entirely in mime would have been priceless.

• Love 1

It's funny, but I never thought their Romeo and Juliet audition in "I am Unicorn"  was THAT bad.  It was amateurish and they were both too forced, but I never saw how the scene ONSCREEN elicited howls of laughter.

While some people loathed Adam and the Apples (based on their version of Baby got Back apparently) I thought that group visually had quite a few eclectic characters and it would have been potentially interesting to see them at  NYADA.  Alas Ryan needed 99 % of screen time to prop Marley and company as the new greatest stars of Glee.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

It's funny, but I never thought their Romeo and Juliet audition in "I am Unicorn"  was THAT bad.  It was amateurish and they were both too forced, but I never saw how the scene ONSCREEN elicited howls of laughter.

While some people loathed Adam and the Apples (based on their version of Baby got Back apparently) I thought that group visually had quite a few eclectic characters and it would have been potentially interesting to see them at  NYADA.  Alas Ryan needed 99 % of screen time to prop Marley and company as the new greatest stars of Glee.

I didn't either on both things.    I think at first Rachel was thrown off by the voice Kurtt choose but  regrouped..

Yeah, that scene seems to be written as if Kurt is acting like Sean Hayes on Will & Grace.

Yeah, that scene seems to be written as if Kurt is acting like Sean Hayes on Will & Grace.

Yeah, now THAT would be funny.

I thought the writers'  "intent " of the scene is that Kurt is trying to tone down his effeminate mannerisms and affects a "neutral" manly  voice that seems forced and not natural.  It fails because even Kurt as Kurt was never as effeminate flaming as someone like Sean Hayes  in W&G.  Those Glee writers were so bad even when the audience knows what they are attempting. 

That scene still angers me because there was nothing that Kurt did that warranted the kind of response he got. Not just from Rachel, but from Artie and Bieste who acted like complete assholes. What stood out to me wasn't that Kurt couldn't play the part well, but that no one was ever going to let him because they couldn't get past seeing him as "the gay kid". That the directors refused to even try to make that leap of belief that any actor needs their audience to make showed that they were not prepared to do their job fairly and Kurt (as well as Mercedes) paid the price.

It's just another case of Glee leaving a story half-told. They imply that Kurt and Mercedes weren't being given fair shots because they ran counter to what the directors (in their narrow POVs) were looking for in the roles they were casting, but didn't allow any proper address of the unfairness.

• Love 3

That scene still angers me because there was nothing that Kurt did that warranted the kind of response he got. Not just from Rachel, but from Artie and Bieste who acted like complete assholes. What stood out to me wasn't that Kurt couldn't play the part well, but that no one was ever going to let him because they couldn't get past seeing him as "the gay kid". That the directors refused to even try to make that leap of belief that any actor needs their audience to make showed that they were not prepared to do their job fairly and Kurt (as well as Mercedes) paid the price.

It's just another case of Glee leaving a story half-told. They imply that Kurt and Mercedes weren't being given fair shots because they ran counter to what the directors (in their narrow POVs) were looking for in the roles they were casting, but didn't allow any proper address of the unfairness.

Answering in the all episodes thread.

Matt: Glee scoop, please!

Start preparing yourselves, Gleeks, because the finale is coming a lot sooner than you think! We were just on the set for the final Sectionals of Glee ever, and in between shedding a few tears as we said goodbye to the glittery chandeliers, bright flashing lights and colorful costumes—as well as some of the most intricate and complicated choreography we’ve ever seen on the Fox show before!—we also got some scoop on the finale! While Sectionals takes place in the penultimate episode, the series finale is going to be mainly slower ballads and solos as each character gets their final chance to shine in the spotlight for a much more emotional and powerful episode rather than big budget performances. Our advice? Stock up on Kleenex…now.

Tagged with glee, 6x13.

Edited by caracas1914

Not quite sure yet if "2009" is the final episode or this "Dreams come True", since they seemed to pull out 6.09 "2009" from it's sequence of filming.

So... Brad Falchuk wrote the final episode. Everyone will get their happy ending... except for Kurt. He's fucked.

The cover page of the Script  says (in this order)   Written by Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk & Ian Brennan, so I think it's a collaborated script by all RIB.

Edited by caracas1914

The cover page of the Script  says (in this order)   Written by Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk & Ian Brennan, so I think it's a collaborated script by all RIB.

That makes me even more afraid.  I've always felt the main problem with this insanely problematic show is that instead of hammering out any disagreements they may have had about where the show should go or what it should say, they just threw in all of their competing visions and let the viewers try to figure out what they hell they meant.

On the upside, all of the characters are equally screwed, so there is that.

• Love 1