Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I think technique is also somewhat subjective, hence this debate about it right now. Plus if we're only talking about their " Glee" performances( and I don't know what all you've seen), it's a very incomplete picture.

IIRC, Jacob got accepted to Juillard but didn't go.

Hmm, I guess I could have said headed to Julliard instead of going, but that's what I meant anyway.

If technique is subjective, I wish you could tell that to every single music teacher I've ever had!  There are different schools and different curriculums of dance, but I still maintain that technique is pretty objective measure.  And I think all three of them are focused mostly on Jazz (which in itself is extremely broad, but anyway.  Also, I'm mostly guessing on Matt since he's a Broadway performer and that's probably the genre he would have trained in).  There's a certain way to place your feet and move your body when you execute specific moves.  I think if you had Jacob, Matt, and Heather side by side doing a pirouette for example, there'd be a fairly clear difference in technique.  

I've actually seen Matt perform live in a couple of different settings, so my opinion is not based solely on his work on Glee.  I guess the one area I'd give the edge to Matt on is tap technique because I don't think Heather or Jacob have any training there, and I've never seen either of them tap.  

But again, technique is not the sole determinant of how much you enjoy a person's quality of movement or dance.  Matt could definitely dance in a manner that one enjoys more and in your opinion seem like a better or more charismatic performer, but I still don't believe he's a better technical dancer.  

Anyway, we should probably just agree to disagree.

ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" Judges, even while disagreeing on dance style interpretations ( "That is NOT a tango!" Bruno: "It's in the spirit of a tango, Len!") preferences, do seem to agree more often then not on actual technique of the dancers. Their carriage, arm extensions, pointed toes, lifting feet, straight back versus slouching, etc. seem fairly objective things and don't vary that much when they are either critiquing or praising.

Technique is usually the one thing where they don't have heated arguments.

Edited by caracas1914

Over all it might be objective, but aren't there still subjective aspects to it? I know that's the case when we're arguing over who the best singers and actors are.

In this case it's hard to judge because I think all 3 of them are trained in different things. For

instance, I know Matt has ballet, tap, and

hip/hop training. I'm not sure about the other

two.

FWIW, I don't think Matt is a better technical dancer. My argument was that he's their equal.

Edited by Sara2009

Over all it might be objective, but aren't there still subjective aspects to it? I know that's the case when we're arguing over who the best singers and actors are.

In this case it's hard to judge because I think all 3 of them are trained in different things. For

instance, I know Matt has ballet, tap, and

hip/hop training. I'm not sure about the other

two.

I think it's sort of hard to totally categorize singing and dancing with acting.  Acting in my amateur opinion seems to be broader in interpretation in what would be good technique.  I honestly don't know how to measure that, and there seems to be plenty of amazing actors that seem to have very little classical training.  I think it would be difficult to be a good dancer with proper technique without extensive training, certainly not in ballet for example.  

I've seen Matt fall out of turns and be a little sloppy at times, and he doesn't always finish all his movements.  Also to be clear, this is not a slight against Matt at all.  He's a really good dancer.  But if I objectively put his ballet or jazz technique up against Jacob's, it's not as good.  Again, I give Matt the edge in tap, maybe hip-hop, but I don't actually think Matt's hip-hop is good.  Matt's a little too stiff when he's dancing hip-hop.  But I've never seen Jacob dance hip-hop.

Edited by dizzyizzy01

They all looked great in their dancing while the rest of the cast looked like they were flailing even Mark and Amber who both are usually pretty decent.

Amber had a bad ankle at the time of this filming. I think they even had her body double do some of those scenes for her. 

Huh? Rachel and Finn had not been officially a couple since the end of season 3. She would not have been cheating on him. She didn't even mention an older guy until after she broke it off with Brody.

And speaking of rehash we get it, plus no one is arguing in favor of Sam and Rachel here anyway.

I thought the plan was to get them together in time for season five when she got FG success. I wouldn't have been surprised if they were supposed to have united again in the S4 finale if Cory hadn't gone to rehab.

Happy new year!

This guy is one of those who got screeners. 

https://twitter.com/cantorpedia

(hoping the link works this time ! )

He was meh on 601, but liked 602. He gives details on his twitter as to why. 

601 is after a six months' time jump. 602  is more about the newbies and the old characters are used as their props. 

He opened a can of worms for his twitter mentions when he basically said Darren wasn't up to Chris's and Max's level of acting in their scenes. 

He liked the new newbies for being better written, acted, and more interesting characters than the old ones.

There is a brief look at Will's life. For 601, he also said the Rachel stuff was strong and well handled. 

And surprise, surprise, there are meta jokes, he just thinks they're not as nauseating as last season. 

Edited by fakeempress

Reviews:  With all the changes episode 6x1 was obliviously going to  be a lot of  exposition which is never great. 

I thought the plan was to get them together in time for season five when she got FG success. I wouldn't have been surprised if they were supposed to have united again in the S4 finale if Cory hadn't gone to rehab.

No I don't think so and Funny Girl still wasn't until the end of season 5 which in glee time was a whole year later since season 4 the senior year were extended. Plus Nurse Penny by all accounts  was pretty much set up for Finn so he would have dated her in season 5 most likely.  So while Finn dated Penny , Rachel would have had a older guy.

Edited by tom87

He opened a can of worms for his twitter mentions when he basically said Darren wasn't up to Chris's and Max's level of acting in their scenes. 

Oh that poor, poor man. 

• Love 1

Oh that poor, poor man. 

He fairly regularly tries to claim Chord has subtle acting skills, so he earned whatever he's getting. I'm no fan of either acting-wise, but once you go there with any of the eh crowd it's open season.

• Love 1

This.

Also, I find it highly uncomfortable to put her with any of the glee guys. If I was in Sam's shoes, I'd be constantly comparing myself to Finn, and I would feel weird banging my dead friend's girlfriend. I also find it an incredibly shitty position to put Chord in. Sam also doesn't need to complete his Glee girl's dating record.

Also, they've casted new newbies, new warblers, vocal adnerline, and they couldn't take the time to cast a new guy, just to be Rachel's rebound guy who doesn't need to be that much a part of the story? This is ridiculous, and with the many ways Glee's fucked up, I think this might be the worst.

Honestly I don't think they (Glee) has ever really given a shit about how Chord aka Sam feels or how the writing they do for him more than often keeps him sweet but not the brightest. I would think the backlash and reactions the show (probably also Chord) got when they paired him with Brittany would have maybe awaken them but hell NO lets go for another round of making most fans dislike him for being with someone who MOST fans feel he shouldn't be with and that Rachel shouldn't be with either. Although Glee is predictable and one of the writers or Brad wanted this pairing badly I didn't think they would actually say screw season 5 and all the Sam and Mercedes build up they created. I know he is doing his job as well as the other actors on the show. But how can Ryan Murphy with a straight face say he listened to what the fans wanted and that is what he is giving them in this final season. True some want a Brittana happy ending and they are getting it, some want a Klaine wedding and they are getting that too after several episodes of bullshit, but I doubt if many (I am not saying that there probably aren't a few out there) wanted a Sam and Rachel pairing (I know I didn't and don't). So yes Chord aka Sam has been the "go to" guy when they need a relationship but at least there was a history with him and Mercedes. And those who are saying Sam and Rachel almost dated in Season 2 all I recall is him telling Rachel "she's not his type" and not even wanting to go to the prom with her until Mercedes was added to the equation. So within the first 2 episodes of season 6 they are very heavily pouring on as many scenes of these 2 together as they can, and its ridiculous and reeks of what it is they are trying to do. I also agree we have new New Direction members, new Warblers, new Vocal Adrenaline, new alot of things but no one thought to possibly bring on a new love interest for Rachel. I know Glee is extremely short on memory and consistently but fans are not. In season 5 they had Sam telling Mercedes "who ever I'm with and whatever I'm doing, I'd rather be doing it with you", talk of eventual marriage, how Sam feels "that somehow they are meant to be together" even have him tell Rachel "he still loves Mercedes" in episode 4. And from that they want fans to believe that some epic love is suppose to evolve between them. I know its fiction but damn c'mon just because its fiction doesn't mean it has to be horrifically written omigod these hack writers. Its unfortunate that Sam will probably fair the worst out of this (except for his stans who are probably excited he'll get more screen time) because MOST will realize this is just a way for Rachel to NOT end up alone, or for her to use him as a transition guy to show she's ready to move on, or just piss off fans because they feel Sam is being used to substitute Finn. Fans will probably be pissed too if they give Sam the ending that was intended for Finn and Rachel, or if they let him follow her back to New York even though they established in S5 he doesn't like it there and if he's doing it for Rachel please just gag me now. Mercedes will continue to be fabulous and successful and move on to someone else who will appreciate her while hopefully leaving both of them in her past (although Mercedes is the most loyal and forgiving of the whole damn crew outside of Kurt). Right now season 6 sounds like a complete cluster-fuck of writers dumping crap and not giving a shit because it is the final season. Agree or disagree these are my feelings from what has been released so far via spoilers. BTW really doubt after Coach Beiste had accepted herself as maybe NOT the most feminine woman but a woman nonetheless that she would suddenly want to transition to being a male. This is Glee just trying to ride the current buzz that Lavern Cox and others are currently generating. I'm not saying its not a story that should be told but once again Glee is going for what may get them an additional article in a tabloid/magazine. on-line, or a mention on ENews and that just sucks!

Edited by Ann Mack

Do you ever wonder what fans they are listening to?  Sam and Rachel dating is very popular in places like GleeForum, and like you said among the Chord stans so that he can get more screentime.  And I agree the Bieste story line is to create buzz for the show, as is the double gay wedding. The gay wedding even had press invited to it.

So far screeners think that the first episode is 'meh', but really like the second episode.  But you have to ask yourself, do they really like the second episode better because they see familiar faces in a familiar setting or because it is really better.  In Season 4, screeners thought that the Breakup episode was very well done, but that was not indicative of how the rest of the season would go, just saying.

Do you ever wonder what fans they are listening to?  Sam and Rachel dating is very popular in places like GleeForum, and like you said among the Chord stans so that he can get more screentime.  And I agree the Bieste story line is to create buzz for the show, as is the double gay wedding. The gay wedding even had press invited to it.

So far screeners think that the first episode is 'meh', but really like the second episode.  But you have to ask yourself, do they really like the second episode better because they see familiar faces in a familiar setting or because it is really better.  In Season 4, screeners thought that the Breakup episode was very well done, but that was not indicative of how the rest of the season would go, just saying.

I have no doubt that they are wanting this in the GleeForum because they were VERY anti-SamAndMercedes being together there (some of the comments were vile, cruel and brutal whenever the subject of Mercedes or Sam and Mercedes being together to the point fans were appealing to the moderators to tone down some of the hate being posted in it and yes it was hateful. I personally don't go there any more because it became that nasty. Others may disagree but I saw it with my own eyes and I have no reason to lie about it) so NO that doesn't surprise me at all. And yes I have wondered what fans they listened to because a great portion of the Glee Face Book page when asked how they wanted Mercedes and Sam to end up many responded with both of them successful and together, Rachel was never even a part of the equation. So yes its their show and they can go whichever way they choose I just don't happen to like the path they have chose as of right now. BTW I think the raving about the 2nd episode is more due to the fact that more of the original gang is back and the chemistry they have is what made the show a success. Glee is playing the odds here in slowly giving specific fanbases something that might peek their interest into watching. Here goes from what I have so far  Ep 1 Rachel & mostly Blaine Ep 2 The Originals are back Ep 3 Santana proposes so they know at least for episodes 2-3 fans will tune in. Not sure how well Ep 4 will do but I think Santana and Brittany are in it so their fans will tune in Ep 5 not sure who's in it Ep 6 I think some originals are back for the 700th song supposedly Ep 7 is the big transgender choir and supposedly the reveal that Sam & Rachel have been secretly dating I guess they start either episode 5 or 6 (give me strength) Ep 8 of course the wedding Ep 9 flashback to the originals in 2009 (but Brittany and Santana won't be in it neither should Sam or Blaine but I'm sure they'll find a way to squeeze them in somehow), so that leaves 10-13 in which they'll probably have to generate buzz with probably just Sam, Blaine, Kurt and Rachel. 

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Darren and Chord weren't on set when the 2009 episode was filming. The Darren stans were furious he's missing ONE episode and are still going on about how it must include Blaine being beaten at that Sadie Hawkins dance.  

Edited by fakeempress

Episode 1 actually seems to have a lot of Klaine as well as Blaine, Kurt and Rachel.   It is a big old exposition episode which never seem to be all that interesting. 

So exposition what and why Rachel is where she is, exposition on how Blaine is where he is, exposition on why Kurt is where he is, exposition on the Klaine relationship even exposition on why Will is where he is right now.  It is almost like a re-pilot of the show and is dragged down by having to cram to much back story to get everyone up to date.

From what a I read  for episode 2 they jump right in and get the old faces in town just to sing and get new club members but don't spend any some setting them up or rehashing with more exposition of where or what they are currently during in their non Lima visits.

Edited by tom87

[---] I also agree we have new New Direction members, new Warblers, new Vocal Adrenaline, new alot of things but no one thought to possibly bring on a new love interest for Rachel. I know Glee is extremely short on memory and consistently but fans are not. [---]

Same can be said for hiring someone new for Blaine to date after coming back to Lima, instead of bringing back Dave Karofsky to be his midgame LI. When you look at the spoilers so far it seems that Dave doesn't really have much POV in this horrid Klaine love triangle, and that the bullying history between him and Kurt isn't even addressed (according to the reviewers of the first 2 eps),  so why bring him back at all?

Blaine living together with someone else so quickly after Kurt broke up with him (lol, because they couldn't live together twice), and then Klaine getting married only a few weeks after that midgame relationship is over, would have been a cringeworthy storyline regardless of Blainofsky. But having Kurt's old bully be Blaine's midgame makes everything so much worse, as in epic-repulsive-and-destroying-Blaine's-character-and-Klaine's-soulmates-crap-beyond-repair worse.

Right now season 6 sounds like a complete cluster-fuck of writers dumping crap and not giving a shit because it is the final season. Agree or disagree these are my feelings from what has been released so far via spoilers. BTW really doubt after Coach Beiste had accepted herself as maybe NOT the most feminine woman but a woman nonetheless that she would suddenly want to transition to being a male. This is Glee just trying to ride the current buzz that Lavern Cox and others are currently generating. I'm not saying its not a story that should be told but once again Glee is going for what may get them an additional article in a tabloid/magazine. on-line, or a mention on ENews and that just sucks!

This, and it's disrespectful and tacky as hell, trying to ride the popularity wave of brave transgender people who fought damn hard for the little bit of recognition and respect they're getting now.

If the writers had used Unique for this it still would have been tacky (because it still would be evident they'd do it for the buzz and not because they care so much for the character Unique) but at least wanting to transition can be found in the already esteablished canon for this character. But using a character who's had most of her storylines so far (going back to season 2!) revolve around her wanting to be seen and loved for being a woman is...insulting, by lack of a better word.

The truth is they simply wanted a transgender storyline on Glee, but for some reason didn't want to use the obvious character (Unique), so they just picked whomever of the other characters they could remotely possibly use instead, with a lot of retconning and contrived writing to make it happen, but destroying all Beiste was and stood for for 4(!) seasons in the process.

They just as easily could have picked Kurt for it (if he wasn't shackled to Blaine) as his effeminacy and struggles in society to be seen as a 'real' man would, in the eyes of RIB, have just as much justification and build up as Beiste's masculinity and struggles with wanting to be seen as a girl. Can you just imagine?

I think it's just the familiar faces all being back in the choir room. From what I have seen the reviewers indeed comment about the 2nd episode being better than the first, but they mainly just talk about the old gang being back, their little (background) moments of friendship, and which songs they sing. But I haven't seen them talk at all about any amazing and/or intersting storylines those characters might have in that episode. Brian Cantor even said not to expect any progress or even a decent update on the original characters: it's just having them back for old times' sake.

Having said that: I personally wouldn't mind at all if the last 13 episodes of Glee would consist of nothing more than the original characters singing and dancing happily together at McKinley or elsewhere all the time.

Anything better than the crapfest we're getting.

Episode 1 actually seems to have a lot of Klaine as well as Blaine, Kurt and Rachel.   It is a big old exposition episode which never seem to be all that interesting.

But Kurt doesn't get to sing at all in the 1st episode, while Rachel gets 3 songs and Blaine 2. Maybe that's why people are talking about episode 1 being so Blainchel heavy.

Granted, Kurt might have a lot of screentime (although I doubt he'll get as much as Rachel and Blaine, if only because their songs alone will take up about 10 minutes of screentime, and with the lead-ins to those songs it could amount to as much a fourth of the entire episode, without their other scenes or dialogue), but even though Kurt apparently has a significant part in the episode and lots of emotions to deal with, so a song would definitely be warranted, he gets nothing songwise. And it's not like this is the first time that has happened.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 1

But Kurt doesn't get to sing at all in the 1st episode, while Rachel gets 3 songs and Blaine 2. Maybe that's why people are talking about episode 1 being so Blainchel heavy.

Granted, Kurt might have a lot of screentime (although I doubt he'll get as much as Rachel and Blaine, if only because their songs alone will take up about 10 minutes of screentime, and with the lead-ins to those songs it could amount to as much a fourth of the entire episode, without their other scenes or dialogue), but even though Kurt apparently has a significant part in the episode and lots of emotions to deal with, so a song would definitely be warranted, he gets nothing songwise. And it's not like this is the first time that has happened.

Ok but the point remains the same, how the episode  is one big long exposition about all them all getting back to Lima

I didn't see the reviewers saying it was Blaine/Rachel heavy but ok.

And If I was giving out songs, I'd give Kurt a solo over Let it go or the Warbers song and I would have made it a Hummelberry duet instead of a Blaine/Rachel duet.  

Edited by tom87

I was thinking about the Samchel thing. And the only way it would work for me is if Rachel consciously or subconsciously was using Sam because she can have Finn. And then having them split up because Rachel realises/admits that.

Of course that would take better writers than this show has!

Brian Cantor and Ryan reviewers of the first two episodes are being rough on Darren's acting for the Klaine/Blaine/Karofsky story-line, saying that the writing is lazy and boring but Chris is able to do something with it through  his acting that causes them to side with Kurt despite what the writing is saying, while Darren doesn't really do much. 

Honestly, I'm not surprise by this  because Chris is stronger actor than Darren. The writers try to turn Klaine into Finchel when it comes to giving them shitty dramatic stories, but they forget that the reason Finchel was able to mostly survive those stupid dramatic stories is because both actors in that couple were really good. Klaine doesn't have that to me.

• Love 2

I was thinking about the Samchel thing. And the only way it would work for me is if Rachel consciously or subconsciously was using Sam because she can have Finn. And then having them split up because Rachel realises/admits that.

I actually think if the writers decide to end Samchel that might be route they go into. That Sam reminded Rachel of Finn and that's why she was interested in dating him but realize that Sam could never truly be Finn so she breaks-up with him.

• Love 1

Darren and Chord weren't on set when the 2009 episode was filming. The Darren stans were furious he's missing ONE episode and are still going on about how it must include Blaine being beaten at that Sadie Hawkins dance.  

From what I'm gathering about recurring appearances on the show Quinn will not be back after episode 3, Santana and Brittany will not be back after episode 8, Puck may not be around after episode 8 (not sure if he's included in the 2009 episode) Tina probably not after episode 9. Not sure when Mercedes and Artie's time is up or Blaine's or Kurt. Lea posted she had 3 more episodes and Chord posted he had 2 (so he'e either in 11-12 or 12-13 or some variation) the other remaining original cast members remain mum. So it may be that Glee is reserving the last episode for Rachel and whomever they deem should share the screen with her. Seriously, I like most of the characters on this show and wanted the best for them but some how I don't think this final season will come close to that. It appears they are still glossing over the surface and giving no substance, depth, or growth to the their characters and it was very much needed. I mean they are bringing most back as props for Rachel yet again. They still didn't learn. In the final season you don't create unnecessary havoc you give your characters a decent, well deserved and earned respectful farewells IMO!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

Well in season 5 she already stated that the supposed moment they shared is because he was Finn's friend, felt like home and knew what it was she was going through. To me even more reasons as to why I think they shouldn't entertain them as being together. I think the writers have convinced themselves that the fans memories are as short as theirs. Not to mention they had Rachel going all out to Mercedes with her spill about how "Sam and Mercedes were obviously soul-mates", wow what a difference 6 months can make at least in the World According to Rachel.

From what I'm gathering about recurring appearances on the show Quinn will not be back after episode 3, Santana and Brittany will not be back after episode 8, Puck may not be around after episode 8 (not sure if he's included in the 2009 episode) Tina probably not after episode 9. Not sure when Mercedes and Artie's time is up. Lea posted she had 3 more episodes and Chord posted he had 2 (so he'e either in 11-12 or 12-13 or some variation). So it may be that Glee is reserving the last episode for Rachel and whomever they deem should share the screen with her. Seriously, I like most of the characters on this show and wanted the best for them but some how I don't think this final season will come close to that. It appears they are still glossing over the surface and given no substance, depth, or growth to the their characters and it was very much needed. I mean they are bringing mos back as props for Rachel yet again. They still didn't learn. In the final season you don't create unnecessary havoc you give your characters a decent, well deserved and earned respectful farewells IMO!

It seems that the very very last time the entire original gang will all be back together is in this two-parter of 6.02-6.03, and by all accounts they are on the level of those annoying episodes in Season 4 when the originals came back to do nothing besides prop up newbies than 5.12-5.13 which actually at least felt like proper reunions and updates on those characters (and had a more satisfying goodbye.)

It would have been less offensive to not bring them back this year at all. And what's the point, really? No one is watching. Seriously, no one is watching. And the only people who might have watched to see "their favorites" back are savvy enough to pay attention and will know that there's nothing those characters are doing worth watching for.

Edited by SNeaker

From what I'm gathering about recurring appearances on the show Quinn will not be back after episode 3, Santana and Brittany will not be back after episode 8, Puck may not be around after episode 8 (not sure if he's included in the 2009 episode) Tina probably not after episode 9. Not sure when Mercedes and Artie's time is up. Lea posted she had 3 more episodes and Chord posted he had 2 (so he'e either in 11-12 or 12-13 or some variation). So it may be that Glee is reserving the last episode for Rachel and whomever they deem should share the screen with her. Seriously, I like most of the characters on this show and wanted the best for them but some how I don't think this final season will come close to that. It appears they are still glossing over the surface and given no substance, depth, or growth to the their characters and it was very much needed. I mean they are bringing mos back as props for Rachel yet again. They still didn't learn. In the final season you don't create unnecessary havoc you give your characters a decent, well deserved and earned respectful farewells IMO!

Chord  easily could have been saying 2 episodes  counting the last two as one since they are being aired together.

And Ryan already said he changed the ending to be more marco  as oppose   just a couple ie Finn/rachel.

The creator famously revealed that originally Glee's very last scene of the series would feature a heart-warming moment between Michele's Rachel Berry and the late Cory Monteith's character Finn Hudson. After much soul-searching, Murphy believes he has found a worthy substitution for the final scene.

"It used to end with Cory and Lea and it was a much more micro relationship ending," he told ETonline. "But I think we've taken the heart of what we were going to do and expanded it so it feels more macro and universal and I'm happy with that."

No they are props to the glee club and in episode 3 Tina and Quinn's story seems to be a prop up Becky of all people.  Nothing about Brittana/Klanie story has to do with Rachel either.  

Of course Rachel's story will get focus in the last episode but I am pretty sure so will others like Kurt, Blaine and Will and Sue etc.

I wish they all would in the finale and who knows maybe they filmed some flash forward stuff for the characters.  But really  why would the finale now focus on Quinn or Mike after they have been gone for the mist part for the last 3 seasons.

But many of them have other things and have left glee.  The ones they have been following and still under contract will be used more  obviously.

Edited by tom87

It seems that the very very last time the entire original gang will all be back together is in this two-parter of 6.02-6.03, and by all accounts they are on the level of those annoying episodes in Season 4 when the originals came back to do nothing besides prop up newbies than 5.12-5.13 which actually at least felt like proper reunions and updates on those characters (and had a more satisfying goodbye.)

It would have been less offensive to not bring them back this year at all. And what's the point, really? No one is watching. Seriously, no one is watching. And the only people who might have watched to see "their favorites" back are savvy enough to pay attention and will know that there's nothing those characters are doing worth watching for.

Actually they'll never have everyone back together. Mike isn't in 6.02/6.03 and Quinn isn't back for the double wedding abomination.

Even when they had them all back they never took advantage of it. In  I do the wedding never had a moment with all the seaosn 1 crowd in the same spot.

That was the last  time they had Cory and the rest.  

Now they seem to think the unholy Trinity is enough,   they have had more stuff post HS then while in HS .

Ok but the point remains the same, how the episode  is one big long exposition about all them all getting back to Lima

Oh I agree with you there. Sorry, maybe I should have made myself clearer: I was only talking about how some people describe episode 1 as Blainchel heavy, which was brought up earlier and then you commented on it, which I quoted.

I didn't see the reviewers saying it was Blaine/Rachel heavy but ok.

@SourceRyan: "Part One was...messy. Blaine sings twice (of course). Rachel sings three times. Plots are absurd and OTT as usual. *sigh* #Glee"

Granted, this tweet is up to interpretation whether he means the episode is Blainchel heavy, but at least that's how I saw it.

And If I was giving out songs, I'd give Kurt a solo over Let it go or the Warbers song and I would have made it a Hummelberry duet instead of a Blaine/Rachel duet.

Oh yes.

Edited by Glorfindel

Honestly, I'm not surprise by this  because Chris is stronger actor than Darren. The writers try to turn Klaine into Finchel when it comes to giving them shitty dramatic stories, but they forget that the reason Finchel was able to mostly survive those stupid dramatic stories is because both actors in that couple were really good. Klaine doesn't have that to me.

I doubt the writers care but I agree about the rest. 

Is anyone else excited about seeing Will's baby? That scene sounds adorable even though it probably lasts about 2 seconds.

I'm glad we'll see Will with the baby (and later Emma), it will be sweet.

Edited by fakeempress

I think that the writers think that Darren is an incredible actor, if you ask me.  When he came in Season 2, he did well with what he was given and his songs did well, he was popular.  In season 3 they gave him lots of songs in the beginning of an episode that had no storyline attached to it. So by season 4, they really made him the male lead over both Chris and Cory. What they did not realize is that he had no range.  Darren is more of a performer than an actor,imo. Ryan was actually surprised by some of the twitter asks he got in season 4 about Blaine because they did not seem to match what the writers were trying to convey.

But they also did that with Heather, Heather was popular because of her one liners, so in Season 4 they gave her lots of dialogue and songs, too.  One liners were Heather's strength not whole dialogues. 

But they also did that with Heather, Heather was popular because of her one liners, so in Season 4 they gave her lots of dialogue and songs, too.  One liners were Heather's strength not whole dialogues.

By some considerable distance Heather Morris is the worst actor on Glee, even Chord Overstreet looks decent next to her. She had one good scene in six seasons, that was in Born This Way.

I find it appalling she's getting a storyline, however bad it is over the likes of Tina or Quinn, or a newbies comeback.

By some considerable distance Heather Morris is the worst actor on Glee, even Chord Overstreet looks decent next to her. She had one good scene in six seasons, that was in Born This Way.

I find it appalling she's getting a storyline, however bad it is over the likes of Tina or Quinn, or a newbies comeback.

The only storyline Heather should get is to dance the hell out of whatever somebody else is singing. I'll still take her over Chord because they're both awful actors, but I enjoy her dancing. He just has abs. Any gym in LA has a couple dozen guys just as ripped.

Too bad it seems like they both have major plot, she's not dancing much and he's fully dressed.

Regarding Darren's acting in the Blainovsky storyline, he's not the strongest actor but considering the storyline, I would be surprised if he is even trying all that hard. I mean, he probably realised a long time ago that his character makes no sense and changes personalities, ambitious and needs on the whim of the writers, so...that ship has sailed anyways. And this latest development just has to be the crowning finale. I mean, I would love to have been there when they told him about that storyline....his face must have been epic. ("Well, if the plan is for every single viewer (who still cares) to hate the character, this should definitely do it. I mean, we were already going strong there with the cheating plot, and the neediness, and the clinginess and the jealousy, but Blaine screwing Kurt's ex-bully? I wouldn't even have thought of that. Genius.")

• Love 1

I think this has to do with the fact that she is half of a popular couple on the show. I think Brittany's popularity have a lot of to do with that too .

Regarding Darren's acting in the Blainovsky storyline, he's not the strongest actor but considering the storyline, I would be surprised if he is even trying all that hard.

I saw one of the tweets and the guy was responding to a question about Kurt's feelings in the scene with all three and how Karofsky and Blaine came off as a couple. He answered that Chris plays it really well to where you really sympathize with Kurt, Karofksy seems to really like Blaine but he couldn't get a read on Blaine's feelings about the relationship. Honestly, when I read that, my first thought was Darren was and probably is as confused as every viewer about Blaine of all people dating Karofsky and maybe figured "what the hell, I'll just stand there and look confused because even I don't know why the fuck Blaine is here with Karofksy."

• Love 3

Chord  easily could have been saying 2 episodes  counting the last two as one since they are being aired together.

And Ryan already said he changed the ending to be more marco  as oppose   just a couple ie Finn/rachel.

No they are props to the glee club and in episode 3 Tina and Quinn's story seems to be a prop up Becky of all people.  Nothing about Brittana/Klanie story has to do with Rachel either.  

Of course Rachel's story will get focus in the last episode but I am pretty sure so will others like Kurt, Blaine and Will and Sue etc.

I wish they all would in the finale and who knows maybe they filmed some flash forward stuff for the characters.  But really  why would the finale now focus on Quinn or Mike after they have been gone for the mist part for the last 3 seasons.

But many of them have other things and have left glee.  The ones they have been following and still under contract will be used more  obviously.

You may be right IRT to Chord but he specifically stated 2 and Lea specifically stated 3 in their respective tweet. BTW I trust very little that EVER comes out of Ryan Murphy's mouth!

Regarding Darren's acting in the Blainovsky storyline, he's not the strongest actor but considering the storyline, I would be surprised if he is even trying all that hard. I mean, he probably realised a long time ago that his character makes no sense and changes personalities, ambitious and needs on the whim of the writers, so...that ship has sailed anyways. And this latest development just has to be the crowning finale. I mean, I would love to have been there when they told him about that storyline....his face must have been epic. ("Well, if the plan is for every single viewer (who still cares) to hate the character, this should definitely do it. I mean, we were already going strong there with the cheating plot, and the neediness, and the clinginess and the jealousy, but Blaine screwing Kurt's ex-bully? I wouldn't even have thought of that. Genius.")

But if Darren is professional and wants to continue acting as a career, he really needs to step up to the plate, whether he agrees with the storyline or not.  Which is true of all the actors, they can no longer use "Glee" as an excuse to not have other work. I mean Lea, has a book coming out, but I hope that she does not see her career as being a lifestyle writer.

I would really like to see some BTS of a writer or director trying to give these actors direction.

I think they say ok now  lets do a take  as if you are confused, now this time do it like you are head over heels ls love with him, now one more that you hate them.  Ok

Then in the editing room they take the one where the actor didn't blink or something.

• Love 1

Honestly, when I read that, my first thought was Darren was and probably is as confused as every viewer about Blaine of all people dating Karofsky and maybe figured "what the hell, I'll just stand there and look confused because even I don't know why the fuck Blaine is here with Karofksy."

He's no great actor by any means, but Meryl Streep probably couldn't sell that. There's nothing there to work with short of spite dating and he seems too interested in having people like him to go there a few episodes before an equally confusing wedding. Even Tina's concussion-based alternate world didn't get this far afield of sensical things.

• Love 1
But if Darren is professional and wants to continue acting as a career, he really needs to step up to the plate, whether he agrees with the storyline or not.

For the record, that was just a joke. I saw the guy's comment and in my mind, I thought "well if he looked confused it's probably because he was by that whole mess." However, I am in no way suggesting that is how Darren played the scene being that I haven't even seen it (and don't plan to as I refuse to watch Glee save for the series finale that I may give a glance) and not to mention this was one person's interpretation of how the scene played out. Other people may see it completely differently. Hell someone might watch and think Blaine looked totally into Karofsky.

Edited by truthaboutluv

I agree with the above, I do think Darren seems more concerned with people liking him, that is why he wrote that letter before the Break-up episode. It may also be why he has been vocal in the past when knows fans will not  like a story line, or when Glee was not doing great after season 4 started to change the story on how he got the part.  He tries to say that Glee came looking for him, rather than say that he actually tried out for the part of Finn. He implied that he had never heard of Glee until someone asked him to audition for Blaine.

• Love 1

To be honest, I think Chord just miscounted and meant 3 more episodes...

Also, isn't it possible that Santana/Brittany/etc will all be back for the finale but they want to keep it all under wraps so they're saying now that they're done?

I don't know, it just seems like it would be a wasted opportunity not to get everyone back for the last episode(s). On some level, I get why they wouldn't because narratively it may not make sense, but this is Glee and let's be honest the ONE thing I thought they would get 100% right was a big reunion before the end (I guess Homecoming has that, but not really what I had in mind).

But if Darren is professional and wants to continue acting as a career, he really needs to step up to the plate, whether he agrees with the storyline or not.  Which is true of all the actors, they can no longer use "Glee" as an excuse to not have other work. I mean Lea, has a book coming out, but I hope that she does not see her career as being a lifestyle writer.

It's not about Darren being professional or not, it's about him not being sure what the writers are going for when it comes to the Blaine/Karofsky. 

Chris is great actor but I think the reason he is able to do a great job in this story is because he knows exactly what Kurt is suppose to be feeling in this story. So he is able to play that without worrying. Just like Max is able to play his part well because he knows his character is suppose to be in love with Blaine.

Darren is not a great actor but it seems like the writers have giving him nothing to really work with, that wouldn't make his character look like an asshole now and a bigger asshole when he marries Kurt. 

To be honest, I think Chord just miscounted and meant 3 more episodes...

Also, isn't it possible that Santana/Brittany/etc will all be back for the finale but they want to keep it all under wraps so they're saying now that they're done?

I don't know, it just seems like it would be a wasted opportunity not to get everyone back for the last episode(s). On some level, I get why they wouldn't because narratively it may not make sense, but this is Glee and let's be honest the ONE thing I thought they would get 100% right was a big reunion before the end (I guess Homecoming has that, but not really what I had in mind).

I don't think the actors would post their final good-bye if they knew they were coming back for one more episode.