Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Brittana and Klaine marrying? Yeah, no. I never pictured Kurt as the type to marry so young, and I never pictured Santana as the one to settle down so quickly either.

I can see your position on Kurt (though given Ryan's past statements about Kurt getting married by a certain age, he seems to have thought otherwise), but Santana was hyper-fixated on Brittany; it doesn't really strike me as that unusual she'd want to marry her if she felt she was in a position to.

This video wasn't shot on a single day, judging from the outfits and the locations. It's a clip montage. In light of what caracas said, it's funny that Darren appears at the end again, in a clip shot on a different day, while the rest were done once. Just for shits and giggles I'm trying to figure out on what dates the clips were taken. At the moment, I can say the first Darren clip is from 18 September when he shot on location with Lea. and there is a pap picture (paps follow Lea) of him with Mia on that location. Lea's BTS clip wasn't shot on that day and that location, it's on the lot (MKH auditorium). On the same day Darren was also shooting with Max and Chris, on a different location.  tbc. but you can see how who's available on the day isn't how the BTS work. It's not a random "let's go today and shoot some BTS because we feel like it" decision; it takes scripting and planning what/who to shoot, and scheduling for all, because they aren't shooting just for Glee, and here's what caracas says comes into consideration. If they can make sure Darren is available on two different days for BTS, they can surely make such plans with all the rest, it's not like they aren't around. It could be that this is a first of a series of a few what you missed videos - we'll see. For now, it seems there is a series of what you want to see for the character videos, of which I'm aware of those for Sue and Blaine. 

Update: There is a series of "What is your final Glee quest?" (where they want to see the character) on the Gleeonfox Instagram, and so far there are clips from Lea, Darren, Chord, Amber and Matt, which are part of the same shoots as the What you missed BTs. Also a clip with Jane for Sue. So that final quest series is a roll-out with probably more to come.  

So they were there more than one day that certainly doesn't mean that some people still would not available to film even if they did schedule ahead of time.   People either decline as Kalen has said Heather has done before or they aren't available.

I just don't see why there would be some huge conspiracy not to have Chris film or that they wouldn't want him to be a part of the the BTS cause of how much  focus he may have or not have.

Kalen the girl before Mia certainly had a lot of Darren in the BTS spots too.    Do I think Mia may favor  Darren sure ergo the extra little Darren at the end,  but I also think Darren never met a camera he wouldn't ham it up for either so he always make himself readily available.   I do not think most  of the others care to do them as much.

So they were there more than one day that certainly doesn't mean that some people still would not available to film even if they did schedule ahead of time.   People either decline as Kalen has said Heather has done before or they aren't available.

I just don't see why there would be some huge conspiracy not to have Chris film or that they wouldn't want him to be a part of the the BTS cause of how much  focus he may have or not have.

Kalen the girl before Mia certainly had a lot of Darren in the BTS spots too.    Do I think Mia may favor  Darren sure ergo the extra little Darren at the end,  but I also think Darren never met a camera he wouldn't ham it up for either so he always make himself readily available.   I do not think most  of the others care to do them as much.

Who knows but I don't see Kevin and Naya declining - why would they. Chris - I also tend to doubt it. Has there been any first-hand indication that he does? These three have a regular shooting schedule since September, and Naya in particular is in more than was thought before the season started. So they are available, and it's possible for the BTS team to plan comfortably for them too. Like I said, we can't say if that's the only montage they'll roll out but still, that's what they open with. 

It wasn't a talk of conspiracy per se, but of obvious favouritism. If you favour someone, others will got to give, not that there is a deliberate conspiracy against them, it's simple maths. It's clear that Darren's share has progressively grown and is even spilling over to the clips for other shows. If efforts are clearly made to include him as much as possible (not only that he's making himself available but there is planning and scripting towards it) - and not made so much for others, I doubt it's because they all declined or were suddenly unavailable. I don't pay attention to Heather so it's news to me, but if this Kalen person has explicitly commented about only her, Heather is the exception that proves the rule. 

However, I also didn't think there is a strict relationship between the BTS and who will have a heavy focus in the season. I said it didn't make sense based on what we know of course, about Sam and Mercedes, but Sam is package deal with Rachel and Blaine and I expect him to be promoted regardless of how much or little story he gets. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

Don't recall saying it was a huge conspiracy but I do find it odd that the one actor/Character  aka Chris/Kurt along with Lea that is known will be the only actors appearing in all the episodes (so far) for Season 6 as  a leading character is absent from this promo video.  So I  don't buy that he conveniently is absent when promo/BTS suff is done or the old canard that he refuses to do them.  Especially when actors who are missing a few episodes like Amber and Will are there for multiple shooting days for the promos.

I stand by Mia Swier as the BTS go to person IMO  has an agenda to promote Darren and doesn't give a rat's ass if Chris gets any promo  at all.  Like I said, I don't think FOX really gives a fuck at this point so it's easier to get away with such things.  IF subsequent promo/video/BTS prove me wrong , well  I have no problem.

Edited by caracas1914

Will shows up randomly but there doesn't seem to be an focused story for him. Even if he ends up back at McKinley i doubt they will show that in relation to him but rather Rachel will gift it to him if/when she decides to try for Broadway again and because Mckinley is apparantly the only school where Arts education counts he will leave VA post haste.

Will has only been absent totally from episode 3 so far as far as we know. In the first episode Rachel comes to him for advice in 6x02 he hosts a dinner party for the other directors. He is likely involved in the 700th number in 6 . He has a good sized plot in 4 from spoilers and likely 7 where his wife and baby are involved and 9 where his ex wife terri is back. He isn't a major lead but still a clear series regular with consistent presence.

Also his plot in 5 involves friction with VA after aiding ND so there are early signs that he will return to ND through his own desire.

What do you mean? I don't think that Terri will be back in cannon but very likely Will will reminise ( of bad memories) about his ex wife. The whole episode appears to be built around flash backs.

Edited by Pink ranger
Kurt's absence from the promo material could be that Chris was unavailable or didn't want to participate for whatever reason

The only Glee actor who is on the record that is reluctant to participate in Glee BTS promos is Heather Morris.

As to Chris, I do find it curious that if his screen time is reduced, his song selection is less or his promo video is missing , somehow the onus gets shifted back to him, as if he's somehow directly  responsible for it.

There has never been a whisper that Chris has failed to participate in any promos/BTS,/marketing that Glee requires of him.  I recall he even did promo./marketing of an episode in Season 4 (along with Cory) that he didn't even appear in.  When the interviewer directly asked him what songs he sang in Grease, he reluctantly had to admit  IIRC "I don't actually come out on this episode."

Personally, I think if someone isn't included in a promo/video it's because the PTB or the BTS folks choose not to use them.  Especially in light that Chris has been on set more than anybody not named Lea Michelle apparently for Season 6, which makes  "he's not available" hardly more plausible IMO.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

The reason "not available" should be excluded not only for Chris but for everybody, especially if they're regulars. The FoxSpecialOps content is pitched, discussed, approved, planned and scheduled - around the show's shooting schedule. If they want someone in, they'll plan and co-ordinate with them for it.  

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

Rumor - no good confirmation.  Episode 6 maybe called "What the World Needs Now is Love." and  may/does feature Burt Bacharach songs.  We know one song is the  Rachel/Sam duet  I'll Never Fall In Love Again.  Chord also hinted at Arthur's Theme being used at one point.

Seems several web sites that track tv shows have posted this to be the title.

Edited by tom87

"I actually think Glee is underrated for its role in kind of changing the whole conversation. This season I’m in the middle of doing [“2009”] now and we’re going farther out to really talk about intolerance and how important it is for kids to really take a hard look at themselves. We’ve got nothing to lose. The last 13 episodes are going to be put to the pedal. We’re going to talk about what is this whole thing about misfits and how do they fit and it’s part of the Trevor Project’s message." - Paris Barclay

Suddenly I'm a lot less enthusiastic for the flashback episode.
I'm getting more and more the suspicion (and fear) that they're going to retcon something significant (for their character) of at least one, if not all of the original 5.

I'm getting more and more the suspicion (and fear) that they're going to retcon something significant (for their character) of at least one, if not all of the original 5.

Thing is these characters never were misfits. They were all middle class, all except Kurt from two parent households. They were completely straight laced, the most rebellious thing they ever did was sing in the canteen. If the creators of glee think these guys were misfits, they really don't know any misfits.

As for the retcon I smell a coming out (Tina?), given the creators of glee seem to think no-one else really faces discrimination in this world.

What does their economic status  have to do with being a misfit?    Kurt, Finn and Puck all came from one parent homes. Sam was homeless for a while. Qunn's parent were  dysfunctional maybe drinkers.  Rachel has 2 fathers in a small town which is certainly not the "norm".

I thought the whole point really was that nearly everyone as some point feels like a misfit for numerous reason.

That said the only characters I felt they really show at not fitting in where Kurt and Rachel.

Kurt, Mercedes, Artie and Tina at least fit in within their own little group. 

"I actually think Glee is underrated for its role in kind of changing the whole conversation. This season I’m in the middle of doing [“2009”] now and we’re going farther out to really talk about intolerance and how important it is for kids to really take a hard look at themselves. We’ve got nothing to lose. The last 13 episodes are going to be put to the pedal. We’re going to talk about what is this whole thing about misfits and how do they fit and it’s part of the Trevor Project’s message." - Paris Barclay

Paris tends to exaggerate. Hopefully it is more fun then PSA.

What does their economic status  have to do with being a misfit?    Kurt, Finn and Puck all came from one parent homes. Sam was homeless for a while. Qunn's parent were  dysfunctional maybe drinkers.  Rachel has 2 fathers in a small town which is certainly not the "norm".

Because there's a difference between those who have the luxury of not fitting in while being pampered at home which definitely fits Rachel, Kurt and Artie and those who are misfits because life is hard and they don't fit in anywhere.

I actually think the original football players and cheerleaders (except Brittany) are more misfits than the original glee clubbers. Everyone one of them was completely afraid of being themselves. The ones completely terrified their families, their friends, people at school would find out exactly who they were.

If the creators were trying to show everyone can be a misfit they really need to take lessons in the Joss Whedon school of writing high school drama.

• Love 1

Weren't they all supposed to be social misfits who didn't fit in anywhere but the glee club? They all had something that made them "underdogs" or "outcasts" or "misfits" or "losers" or "nerds", etc. I don't think they all had to act like hooligans or anything (e.g., Puck) to qualify as a misfit.

"Misfits" Ohio-style anyway. These guys need to meet the misfits in Misfits (UK). They wouldn't last a second. LOL

So, it sounds like Paris Barclay thinks they're going to be very daring in these last 13 episodes. I wish I got the impression from the spoilers that they were actually taking any real risks with the stories they're telling.

Edited by indeed
  • Love 1

In this story these kids feel they are misfits in the siltation they were in.

Sure middle class Kurt or Rachel have it  better than most kids but for them in Lima Ohio in 2009 they felt alone. 

Kids with even with less problems than Kurt or Rachel have felt disenfranchise and have hurt themselves.  Others may not get why they felt that way but they did.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 3

Kurt may have had a good relationship with his dad but as we saw in the Pilot, he was getting thrown into dumpsters and shoved into lockers.  Not to mention that it took him awhile to accept that he was gay and have the courage to tell his father. Rachel was getting comments like "kill yourself, your parents should have sent you back" on her videos and having slushies thrown in her face. Yeah I'd say they both qualified as outcasts at school. 

• Love 4

It'll be a whiplash going from the double wedding in present into bullied misfits in the past. The bullying SLs have been beaten to death already. Can't see the purpose here, it's not like we don't know these guys had it tough in various ways. Unless they do an AU, what can they want to do in "2009", retcon them into bullies?.

It'll be a whiplash going from the double wedding in present into bullied misfits in the past. The bullying SLs have been beaten to death already. Can't see the purpose here, it's not like we don't know these guys had it tough in various ways. Unless they do an AU, what can they want to do in "2009", retcon them into bullies?.

That's not really a retcon for anyone but Kurt. They all had their moments...

Well, in this sense Kurt had his moments with the makeover too. But I was thinking mainly about the original five, of whom only Finn is problematic with the dumpsters and stuff. 

Edited by fakeempress

I'm wondering if the " 2009" episode is a reimagining of the early Glee days, the kids projecting how things were, sort of how Artie woke up in a Glee without him in "Glee, Actually." There is no way Chris especially can plausibly pass for his 2009 self.

It's hard to imagine it not being a Finn tribute/remembrance if the focus is on the Original Five.

Yes, AU like Glee Actually. What if Finn wasn't there, and Terry was nice and loving and Will had a happy married life (well, really happy) and somehow didn't feel the need to revive the GC, I don't know.

Edited by fakeempress

Yes, AU like Glee Actually. What if Finn wasn't there, and Terry was nice and loving and Will had a happy married life (well, really happy) and somehow didn't feel the need to revive the GC, I

don't know.

I think it might be a " What were the characters' lives like before ND?" type of thing.

I get the impression the writers want to show how far everyone has come. For instance, Rachel has friends, Tina doesn't have a fake stutter and is confident,Will finally has a family and so on and so forth.

Edited by Sara2009

Because there's a difference between those who have the luxury of not fitting in while being pampered at home which definitely fits Rachel, Kurt and Artie and those who are misfits because life is hard and they don't fit in anywhere.

Just because your parents might have some money and are understanding (although Kurt only has his dad and he was afraid to tell him about being gay so it's not like everything was fine after his mom died untill 'Preggers', and Rachel had 2 dads but also no mom to talk to, and how do we even know Artie's parents have lots of money when there must be hospital bill to pay) doesn't mean that getting bullied at school all the time, to the extent of getting thrown in dumpsters, rolled over in a port-a-pot, or getting messages to kill yourself, is to be waved away as "poor little rich kid's problems".

Kids in high school spend, not counting sleeping time, more time in school than at home. I think getting bullied and feeling you don't fit in more than half of the hours in your day (not even thinking about what that does to a young person's mind 24/7) is enough to earn you the title of 'misfit' or underdog,

• Love 2

By the same token just because you are a big football player doesn't mean you can't be bullied or not feel like you fit in yet the bullying BOTH Finn and puck received was blown off.  I think having a letterman's jacket would have been expensive, especially for someone who was clearly working class like Finn, ripped in half is bullying that counts but the show obviously didn't.  So much so that it wasn't even brought up when Karofsky's bullying of kurt came to light an instead everyone acted like it was Finn's job to protect Kurt.  Never asking him hey has Karofsky been bullying you too?  I also think being locked in a port-a-potty all night is bullying that should matter but the show treated it like a joke and instead used it as kicking off point to the Puck/Lauren comic relief romance.  

So frankly if this is yet another episode look how far these poor poor bullied underdogs have come and look how much these mean bullying football players have grown then it will be yet another instance of the show telling us only a certain kind of bullying matters, in particular gay bullying.  Not to mention yet another instance of the show being about as nuanced as a bag full of sledgehammers.  

Edited to add:

Finn and his goons

While Finn wrongly participated in the bullying of Kurt he was hardly the leader of the pack so they weren't "his" goons especially since they turned on him the second they found out he was going to participate in glee club (the paintball attack from the pilot which would have hurt like hell but again that isn't bullying that counts in the world according to RM).  If anyone was it was Puck before the show started and obviously Karofsky in the second season.   And Finn wasn't even at Kurt's house for the nailing the lawn chairs to the roof incident.  He did enough wrong through actual participation or standing by without attributing things he didn't even do to him.  

Edited by camussie

Just because your parents might have some money and are understanding (although Kurt only has his dad and he was afraid to tell him about being gay so it's not like everything was fine after his mom died untill 'Preggers', and Rachel had 2 dads but also no mom to talk to, and how do we even know Artie's parents have lots of money when there must be hospital bill to pay) doesn't mean that getting bullied at school all the time, to the extent of getting thrown in dumpsters, rolled over in a port-a-pot, or getting messages to kill yourself, is to be waved away as "poor little rich kid's problems".

Kids in high school spend, not counting sleeping time, more time in school than at home. I think getting bullied and feeling you don't fit in more than half of the hours in your day (not even thinking about what that does to a young person's mind 24/7) is enough to earn you the title of 'misfit' or underdog,

We also should remember that Kurt was very often harassed at home - he had his home vandalized by Finn and his goons and there were plenty of harassing and threatening phone calls (one of which we got to see on screen). So it wasn't as if Kurt had this nice bubble of security once he was behind his front door.

I don't think there is any retconning needed.  The Original Glee five (Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes, Tina and Artie) were clearly outside the circle of the popular kids in school.  They were marginalized  and that message came out loud and clear in the pilot, and belonging to Glee Club was the bottom of the barrel at McKinley High School socially.   

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Looks like Glee is going all out with the double Brittanna/Klaine wedding being filmed for Episode 6.08. They filmed out in the Disney Ranch in Santa Clarita and there are shots of most of the cast in tuxes or formal wear.

It's too bad it appears Dianna Agron isn't going to be there - that's a real Unholy Trinity moment if there ever was one.  (

I will be fascinated to see how we get from this spoiler:  "Kurt objects, due to his painful engagement and break-up with Blaine. They’re all too young to be married, he says.  Santana tells Kurt off, pulling out every insult she can muster."  to Santana and Kurt being in the same wedding.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the NY Kurt/Santana relationship, and I'm glad to see they apparently reconcile.  I'm more angry about them screwing around with that relationship than just about anything else we've seen in the spoilers, given that last year they destroyed Pezberry (for me at least) as well.

• Love 1

Still the pilot made a point through Finn of saying that even those who were popular were struggling with their identity.  Of feeling like they didn't fit in.  Of being uncomfortable with their designated role.  If this flashback doesn't acknowledge that then it will be yet another reflection of what Glee morphed into by season 2 - a series of PSAs for RM's pet issues wielded with a bag full of sledgehammers.  I suppose they could use Puck as a stand-in for Finn with Karofsky taking the Puck pre-pilot role but that will bug me too because it will be yet another time where the show tries to pretend all while straight jocks are interchangeable.  

Edited by camussie

I will be fascinated to see how we get from this spoiler:  "Kurt objects, due to his painful engagement and break-up with Blaine. They’re all too young to be married, he says.  Santana tells Kurt off, pulling out every insult she can muster."  to Santana and Kurt being in the same wedding.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the NY Kurt/Santana relationship, and I'm glad to see they apparently reconcile.  I'm more angry about them screwing around with that relationship than just about anything else we've seen in the spoilers, given that last year they destroyed Pezberry (for me at least) as well.

Santana going nuclear usually means the other person has a point. This wedding abomination is the worst ending for Kurt and Santana. Stuck with the high school loser who treated them like shit.

I'm glad Quinn won't be there, looks like Puck isn't either. The fact that those two are the only ones, possibly along with Mike and Tina to escape the Lima loser fate is hilarious.

• Love 1

There are spoiler photos of Mark/Puck at the wedding set locale.

The only young Glee character missing will be Quinn. Which of course is the one Glee character you would think would be at a Brittana wedding.

Of course they could have Quinn rushing to get to the wedding and texting she will be there as she gets to a country road crossing..

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Maybe they'll have a tight shot of Quinn texting in a car as a callback and then pull out to a wider shot to reveal she's in the back seat of a taxi and not driving to show she's texting safely and has learned her Glee lesson.

The double wedding could be Kurt and Santana's way of kissing and making up. What better way for Kurt to give his blessing and show the wedding is a good idea than by rushing in and getting married, too!

• Love 1

The double wedding is ridiculous in so many ways. Even if they had to be married, do it at the end of the series as in the future when the couples are older and hopefully somewhat wiser. The teenage marriage is one of Ryan's fixations, dating back to Popular, and making it a double gay wedding is just one of the planned headline-grabbing attempts (as with the trans story) to pat himself on the back how progressive and everything Glee has been. 

• Love 5

Oh my just when you think it can't anymore , Glee continues to give and give and give....

The latest  spoilers:

tumblr_ngc9rto5KA1r4ezfzo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_ngc9rto5KA1r4ezfzo2_r1_500.png

For all we know Blaine rolled Karofsky's body off of him an hour before the ceremony....just saying...

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 5

WHAT!?!  Normally I don't comment on Klaine, but that tidbit about them getting married at the last minute is.....just.... WHAT!?! So Kurt's going to marry the guy who was just shacking with his former bully on impulse?  On a whim? Are they kidding me? 

You know, I'm really starting to believe that they actually intend to end this thing with Kurt stuck in Lima, OH chained to the twin pits of endless need named Blaine Anderson and Rachel Berry. Poor Kurt.

At this rate, Kurt would be better off waking up in class beside his best friend, Mercedes, at the end of season 6 and realize that it was all a fever dream.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 3

Why is Kurt never held accountable for his decisions?  

From spoilers seems to me he was free from everyone and decided to go back to Lima, no one dragged him back.

Edited by tom87

Why is Kurt never held accountable for his decisions?  

From spoilers seems to me he was free from everyone and decided to go back to Lima, no one dragged him back.

This. It does seem like with other characters, their stupid, selfish or horrible actions are all on them and what horrible characters they are. Yet anything with Kurt is the writers being awful to the character and/or actor. I personally feel horrible for all these actors having to sell that utter crap they're being asked to and feel bad for all the characters. Like personally I feel just as bad for Blaine with that stupid wedding plotline because it'll likely mean that he'll basically end the show with no growth at all and nothing more but a plot point which is really all he's been for much of his and Kurt's relationship.

Kurt and Blaine need drama and a break up - Blaine suddenly goes and bangs a random he meets online. Kurt and Blaine need issues in New York - Blaine is a creepy, clingy weirdo stifling Kurt. Kurt and Blaine need angst before their "big reconciliation" in the final season - of all the people in Lima, Blaine hooks up with the one who tortured Kurt. And now with no real resolution of the supposed issues that caused them to break up twice (or really was it three times, I can't even remember at this point) and not able to live together twice, they're just going to jump into a marriage. But hey, who cares - gay wedding. And this way Ryan Murphy can gloat that they outdid Modern Family which just had one same sex couple get married. 

All I keep thinking is that this happens with 5 episodes left in the season and once Blaine/Karofsky got confirmed and so I realized that there is nothing these people won't do; that still gives them more than enough time to break up Kurt and Blaine once again and end the show with them divorced. It could be Ryan's final FU to the shippers - like "oh you wanted a wedding, here you go." Now watch them break up again. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
This. It does seem like with other characters, their stupid, selfish or horrible actions are all on them and what horrible characters they are. Yet anything with Kurt is the writers being awful to the character and/or actor.

From my reading on most every message board everywhere in the known universe, it's more "It does seem like with [the characters I like most], they're stupid, selfish or horrible actions are all on them and what horrible characters they are.  Yet anything with [characters I don't like as much] is the writers being awful to the character and/or actor."

• Love 1

Fair point and I should have clarified, as I often do, that obviously I'm talking about some people. Well personally, I've always blamed everything on the writers period. These characters are all just that, characters and by that nature fictional so every shitty and horrible thing they do that makes no sense (like this stupid ass wedding plotline), I put on the writers. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

We can yell and shout and say they did something out of character but since they are fictional nothing is out of character.

Hey I know Rachel  my favorite can be a selfish diva. But what is frustrating is they make it like she has learned and has mellowed only to have her do the same thing over again. 

So if I am to believe she is still a selfish brat then Blaine is a needy douche and Kurt is a self-righteous masochist.

Edited by tom87