Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

(edited)
Hawkgirl has the kind of story that could potentially make great television with good writing (they might need to bring in new writers).

Agree, she has so much good potential. Looking at the SDCC, panel, it does seem like a new crew will be in  charge of the daily show-running tasks at least. It gives me some hope for this show.

Edited by Conell
  • Love 1

I'm a little bit worried that there's still no pilot yet--and the actors haven't seen any scripts yet. I know it's not premiering until next year, but this basically got greenlit based off of the success of Flash and Arrow. (And they said they have to set up things on those two shows first; so that may take a little while, too.) I don't know if that's going to translate into success for Legends, even if Berlanti is on a bit of a hot streak right now. I'm wondering if the interconnectedness will be a detriment to the show.

Also, while Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl have established mythologies, this group of characters together is completely new. That may not necessarily be a negative thing (see also Heroes), it already seems like they're throwing a lot of stuff and seeing what sticks.

Being Straight to Series, means they didn't need to film a pilot to be reviewed. The writers have tweeted about writing the script. They start filming in August since they are Mid-Season. 

• Love 1

They don't start filming for a couple months. Remember that they are doing a back door pilot over the course of Arrow 4a and The Flash 2a. The early episodes of those shows needed to be brain stormed and some wrote before LOT could even start framing episode one.

• Love 1

I'm a little bit worried that there's still no pilot yet--and the actors haven't seen any scripts yet. I know it's not premiering until next year, but this basically got greenlit based off of the success of Flash and Arrow. (And they said they have to set up things on those two shows first; so that may take a little while, too.) I don't know if that's going to translate into success for Legends, even if Berlanti is on a bit of a hot streak right now. I'm wondering if the interconnectedness will be a detriment to the show.

Also, while Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl have established mythologies, this group of characters together is completely new. That may not necessarily be a negative thing (see also Heroes), it already seems like they're throwing a lot of stuff and seeing what sticks.

I think several of the actors have to film on Arrow and Flash first.  I would be very surprised if Caity/Sara doesn't appear at least once or twice in the first nine episodes of Arrow.  I suspect Rip, Hawkgirl, and Stein (and likely Cold/Heat) will be in at least one or two episodes of Flash to setup the whole story.  And I think Ray will be on both Arrow (to finalize giving the company to Felicity) and Flash as it feels like this show is launching more from Flash than Arrow.  There seems to be more footage of Flash helping out the team and if Cisco is becoming Vibe in season two - I think he will feature on LoT a lot (I suspect he is the floater that was mentioned who would tie all three shows together).

So anyway, I don't think it's a big deal that they haven't filmed the start of this show because I think they will all be working on the other shows for awhile first.

• Love 1
(edited)

In the Blastr news article, Victor Garber said that he'll be appearing in four episodes of The Flash.  

In the Seat42F video interview, Marc Guggenheim said that the whole story of Sara's resurrection will be covered on Arrow.

So nksarmi is right.  They're still writing and just started shooting the first few episodes of Arrow and The Flash.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm waiting for the casting announcement for Vandal Savage.

They also seem to be making him much younger than his comic counterpart. The EP's at SDCC were saying he's like 4000 years old. While the comics put him at 25,000 years old. 

Edited by Sakura12

That's a good thing in my book. Even 4000 years feels like a bit too much. I've always had a problem with thousand-years old characters because they are never believably smart and experienced.

I'm getting really excited for the time travel on LoT. I hope they do get to dress in period appropriate costumes at times throughout the show. Part of me kinda hopes too that they don't defeat Vandal Savage in the first season. If he is as talented & skilled a villain as people are saying, and he is cast well then I hope he sticks around for a few seasons as a pure villain/archnemeis to the team. The team can have a great victory against him in the finale, but I think it would be cool if he not easily defeated and finished off in 13-16 episodes.

• Love 2

They have some writers from the show Forever on board for this show. So I think they can write a know-it-all villain. Henry was always spouting off facts about everything and he was only 200 years old. 

• Love 1

Well the only thing about Savage's age is if they keep with the idea that his is a Caveman who got his by an asteroid that dramatically increased his intelligence and made him immortal.  Then he has to be whatever age that would make him but it would necessarily make him super intelligent, just very knowledgeable of human history.  I can't remember if he was supposed to be a super genius - I don't remember having that impression.  Just that he had lived through EVERYTHING and I always got the impression that he represented the basic savage nature of man without any of the "humanity" that evolved over time. 

• Love 1
(edited)
Will the new season of The Flash explain why Robbie Amell isn’t signed on for Legends of Tomorrow? — Rienne

Yes! According to Victor Garber, you’ll find out what’s going on with Ronnie Raymond in the season premiere. Also, the first seven episodes of both The Flash and Arrow will act as a “table setting” for Legends, says EP Marc Guggenheim. “We’re putting pieces back on the chessboard,” which includes actually introducing Kendra Saunders (Ciara Renée), aka Hawkgirl, on The Flash first.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Once, Arrow, Blacklist and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS • Posted July 17 2015 — 1:59 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/17/spoiler-room-scoop-once-upon-a-time-arrow-blacklist-and-more

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
Beth: Please tell me the White Canary will be on Arrow this season!

Your wish, our command because we have it on good authority that Sara's resurrection will begin on Arrow before Legends of Tomorrow kicks off.  "The White Canary will be launched in the first few episodes of Arrow," boss Marc Guggenheim spills. "4x08, our typical crossover episode, will be doing a lot of heavy-lifting in terms of getting the Legends of Tomorrow characters set up and also seeing where they are with relation to The Flash. It's a big episode." Huzzah!

Cody M.: Any other major superheroes or comic characters we can expect to see in DC's Legends of Tomorrow?

Well, Ciara Renee already managed to get some juicy scoop out of her boss Phil Klemmer about Hawkgirl and Hawkman's time-travel woes, but we do have some more insight into Hawkman (real name Carter Hall), who has yet to be cast for the series. Charismatic and strong-willed, Carter is a natural-born leader with a lot of confidence, too bad he's destined to be reborn over and over, just like his "doomed lover," being chased by Vandal Savage throughout time.

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on American Horror Story, Pretty Little Liars, Arrow, The Mindy Project and More!

by TV Scoop Team Today 6:00 AM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/678080/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-american-horror-story-pretty-little-liars-arrow-the-mindy-project-and-more

Edited by tv echo

I think having an Ocean's 11 feel to it is promising. I like a group of superhero misfits working together to save the world. The anthology part of it is concerning, if only because does that mean that they will completely recast the whole group year after year? I'm all for rotating or new cast, but I don't think I would be on board with investing in characters that I know will vanish in one seasons' time. I want there to be some characters that are consistent throughout.

That being said, I do think this set-up of having different cast mates or people not necessarily all making the journeys can make for interesting TV. I also think it has the potential to bring in good talent who want the flexibility to leave & come back for other projects. We won't necessarily be tied down with characters that don't enhance the plot or story at that time. But those characters could always come back for additional stories if they now make sense to the plot. It just gives more freedom to the storywriters to tell a good story, as opposed to trying to squeeze every character into the narrative.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Hawkgirl come to life on Legends of Tomorrow. Is there anything you can tease? — Frannie

Here’s the first thing you need to know: She does not know she’s Hawkgirl the next time we see her, which will be on The Flash. “She’s not bold, she’s not strong,” Ciara Renee tells me. “It’s a dichotomy of someone who is awkward and all of a sudden she has this huge power and strength and she’ll have to reconcile that within herself.” Fun fact: Kendra’s past lives will come into play eventually. “You have to keep in mind there were these other humans you were at some point,” she says. “We’re going to be able to dive into those other humans, which is cool, with the whole time travel thing.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on OITNB, Chicago Fire, Big Bang and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS Posted July 31 2015 — 2:14 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/30/spoiler-room-oitnb-chicago-fire-big-bang-theory-spoilers

Edited by tv echo
geeky-monkey-is-the-new-black asked:

What has been the most challenging part about integrating the Legends of Tomorrow with Arrow and the Flash?

So far, it hasn’t been difficult.  But then again, we haven’t started shooting those pieces yet.  That said, when we do, I suspect that the most challenging part is getting all the actors’ schedules to line up.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/125714471739/what-has-been-the-most-challenging-part-about#notes

Edited by tv echo

So, Hawkman. Anyone think they'll do the full costume? I don't think they have budget; wings are always tricky to pull off. What does Hawkman even look like outside the armor? (I'm not really familiar with the character)

FANMADE Legends of Tomorrow Funko Pops

11181221_1110865658928223_27098506516599

I think they just recolored a Robocop one for the Atom. lol But I guess putting that stupid visor he has would've been difficult to make stick on the figure.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Honestly, the one thing keeping me from being excited about this is Brandon Routh.  I loathe him.  He's terrible.  He was terrible as Superman, and he was awful on Arrow.

I didn't care for him as Superman and when he first debuted on Arrow, but by the end I thought he had some nice comedic moments.  He was actually best with the Flash cast, which is good since half of LoT is from that show. 

• Love 2

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: FIRST TWO DIRECTORS REVEALED
SEPTEMBER 6, 2015 DCLEGENDSTV
http://dclegendstv.com/2015/09/06/legends-of-tomorrow-first-two-directors-revealed/

Our sources up in Vancouver have confirmed the directors for the first two episodes of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, which begins shooting this week.

Glen Winter, who has done some recent amazing work including the pilot episode of Supergirl, is on tap for Episode 1.

Following him is Dermott Downs who helmed the Flash episodes “Plastique,” “Grodd Lives,” and “Fast Enough” as well as the Arrow episodes “The Return” and “The Offer.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim

Legends of Tomorrow begins production today. @GBerlanti @AJKreisberg @philklemmer @Glen__Winter

COb0hnUUYAAJ0oO.jpg

8:30 AM - 9 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/641634706404933633

So we did this yesterday. Legends Ep. 102 table read.

COeDOuwXAAAQVIq.jpg

7:54 AM - 9 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/641625761145864192

Is Captain Cold the Leader of Legends of Tomorrow? - #DCTV https://youtu.be/XGbaHKtT9BY via @YouTube

7:55 PM - 8 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/641444763493793792

Edited by tv echo

CL is filming a fight scene for LoT today!

Caity Lotz ‏@caitylotz  23m23 minutes ago

Day one has begun. And yes were shooting a massive fight scene today :) #LegendsOfTomorrow

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I love Rory/Arthur <3

I like the Hawk costumes. I like the Little wings though the head gear is a bit Big for my taste. But they are some of the better Flarrow costumes. Imo.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2