Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I can confirm there was nothing about Sara or Caity in this Tuesday's Flash episode.  Captain Cold and Firestrom (Is that the right name for Ronnie and Stein?) were in it but nothing IMO hinted about the spinoff except maybe for a line from Cold where he confirmed that Central City is his home and he wouldn't want to leave. 

For a second I wondered if that meant the spin off takes place in Central City but logistically that wouldn't make sense.  

(edited)

Exclusive: Marc Guggenheim on Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Jonas Quantum

The producer says the upcoming seasons of ‘Arrow’ and ‘The Flash’ will lead into the story of ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.’

May 13th, 2015 William Bibbiani

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/interviews/855711-exclusive-marc-guggenheim-arrow-dcs-legends-tomorrow-jonas-quantum

Yes, they're forcing us to watch all three shows (Arrow, Flash, Legends)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

At this point, I'll probably watch neither. I can always catch the scenes I need on Youtube.

Although I can probably come back to Arrow if Sara is resurrected (at least on LOT), they write a better story and maybe promote that Tatsu chick I'm hearing good things about. No Roy is also a plus.

Edited by FurryFury

Exclusive: Marc Guggenheim on Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Jonas Quantum

The producer says the upcoming seasons of ‘Arrow’ and ‘The Flash’ will lead into the story of ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.’

May 13th, 2015 William Bibbiani

http://www.craveonli...w-jonas-quantum

Legends shows up by the Winter hiatus, right?  So at least we cant' get another case of extreme Palmer Island.  There will most certainly be some character introductions but they have two shows to spread them out on so it shouldn't be too bad and I enjoyed it when Barry showed up.  So if they can do intro's to say Hawkgirl or the return of Sara within an episode or two it could be very enjoyable. 

It's nice to have new characters in episodes actually matter rather than a one and done approach -- though usually the only new characters we get are the bad guys. 

I don't mind that we have to watch both shows but mainly because I already am. 

The official release is here, and the full credit says:

DC's Legends of Tomorrow -- Image LGD01_JN_0001 -- Pictured (L-R): Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, Ciara Renee as Kendra/Hawkgirl, Victor Garber as Professor Martin Stein, Caity Lotz as White Canary, Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/Atom, Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, and Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave -- Credit: Jordan Nuttall/The CW -- © 2015 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

I'm impressed that they finally spelled Ciara Renee's name correctly!  Also: note that there is no "real name" given for Caity's character; maybe they'll give away more at the upfront.  And now I'm out of here until after I watch Arrow tonight.

(edited)

EW believes the White Canary is Sara...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow reveals Caity Lotz's character
BY NATALIE ABRAMS  Posted May 14 2015 — 8:11 AM EDT
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/14/legends-tomorrow-caity-lotz-white-canary

“There’s going to be some differences,” Lotz tells EW ahead of the upfront presentation. “There’s going to be some repercussions [from] whatever happened and it’s definitely going to make a difference in how she is. I’m really looking forward to it. The stuff they were telling me about it and where they’re going to go with the character is exciting.”
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yes, it sounds like Sara. Only she'll be slightly different from what happened to her. 

It also looks like she just dyed her original outfit white or had a white one made. It also kind of looks like how most movies/shows portray some outfits in the future. 

It's also interesting that VG is listed as Martin Stein not Firestorm. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
(edited)
Jarett Wieselman ✔@JarettSays

#LegendsOfTomorrow trailer confirms Sara Lance is the White Canary, post-Lazarus Pit

11:51 AM - 14 May 2015

Jarett Wieselman ✔@JarettSays

#LegendsOfTomorrow trailer features Atom shrinking aaaaaaall the way down and I screamed #Upfronts2015

11:53 AM - 14 May 2015

Eric Goldman @EricIGN

#LegendsOfTomorrow also includes Hawkgirl flying, The Atom shrinking and all the super team-ups you’d want!

11:55 AM - 14 May 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/the-cw-2015-upfront-presentation-news.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I'm really glad we'll get a resurrected Sara - thus, she will have the complete history of the character and there won't be anything changed about her (other than the consequences of the LP). After Arrow finale, I've thought they've decided against it, but with the show getting a midseason start, we'll hopefully get to see some of it on-screen.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if that split means anything. Ray's up there with the other people that have tech and Sara's down with the powered people. I do like that she still has her staff. 

I hope the release the teaser for the rest of us. Hopefully after the Flash finale on Tuesday. 

• Love 1

Well Sara now also has the LP that is part of The Black Canary canon. I need to find out what happen with her after. I know she gained back her canary cry but Sara was never a meta human Like the BC2

Sara being a previously Asian character is awful. Diversity sacrificed at the altar of squeeing fanboys.

I doubt many could care a less about who the White Canary is in the comics.

Sara being a previously Asian character is awful. Diversity sacrificed at the altar of squeeing fanboys.

She's not playing the original White Canary from the comics. She's just using the name.

(edited)

Barry Allen isn't the only one to use the name the Flash. Green Lantern as also been multiple people. Sara's just using the name, who's to say that an Asian woman won't use that name in the future. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

They never intended to make her White Canary, it was just a way to bring Sara back after their stupid mistake of killing her. She is known as Canary already, so it makes sense.

I don't think it's a diversity thing in this case.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Arrow has overall handled Asian characters pretty well, I mean, I remember quite a few prominent Asian characters, so using a nickname of a little-known character for an established one shouldn't be such a big deal, especially before we've learned the details. Maybe the comic-book Asian White Canary will also feature and pass the jacket mantle to Sara in a way? Yeah, Ra's being white is annoying and doesn't make much sense, but I don't think they were going for erasure rather just following after The Dark Knight trilogy.

Also, can't say I appreciate being relegated to a "squeeing fanboy". And not just because I'm a girl.

Edited by FurryFury
(edited)

I am so excited about this show....Hawkgirl flying, Atom shrinking, and Sara!  And Vandall Savage! Love it so much.

I loved the featurette - looks like Oliver and Barry get to play a bit too.  And I love that this show is going to have comedy - Barry's "How do you like being a good guy?" to Captain Cold is great.  Arrow needs more comedy in season four.

In regards to Asian characters in the Arrowverse - I just want more Tatsu/Katana (I mean seriously that exchange with Malcolm and her about how she isn't a first born son? - I so want to know more!)  But yea, I don't care about the White Canary name being given to Sara - she deserves a new identify (and she looks awesome in that video!) after being killed by Merlyn and I love that she gets to help save the world.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1

Suggestion to the mod: maybe create a comic book thread so we can talk about comic book incarnations of these characters there? I'd love to learn about Vandall Savage, for instance.

(edited)

Honestly, White Canary was not an important character. She was a plot device for Dinah Lance. Yes, an Asian plot device but nothing more. She was only featured in BoP for a single , short arc and her character was only driven by honour and revenge before she was promptly bested and never heard from again.

I'd side eye it if the announced Cassandra Cain or Lady Shiva for the spin-off and cast a pretty blonde girl, but they didn't do that. I don't see the foul

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 3

Yes! I didn't expect the time traveling angle, it's so great!

Also, Rory really IS called a Time Master. Seriously. I thought the thread's title was just a pun. I was laughing my ass off when I've heard that.

I think I'll go rewatch because I've loved the hell out of this trailer.

• Love 4

Why did I watch that trailer?  Why?!  I was out, done over it.  No more stupid/nonsensical Arrow plot lines, no more grimdark, no more Flash and now they had to go and pull me back in with LP Sara, Time Travel, a kick ass/fun team of misfits and cocky Rory the Roman...screw you show!

• Love 6
(edited)

Sara:   I liked her old outfit better.  But I'm very glad she's back.

It looks like fun, and I really want to see a Palmer vs Stein brain-off.  Ray seems much better here.

It feels overwhelmingly male to me though. The Atom, Stein, Cold, Heatwave, Hunter (Darvill looks really hot here) plus Oliver and Barry in the trailer vs Sara and Hawkgirl. I hope they bring in some more female characters.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

So, it's official: Caity Lotz is thankfully playing Sara, but one that to resurrected at some point (I wonder when?)  I guess this is the best option, but I really don't care, I'm just glad she's Sara.  Already love the snippets of Caity kicking all kinds of asses.  I just hope she bumps into Nyssa again at some point.

Don't want to get my hopes up, but I enjoyed the trailer.  I liked how it started off with Oliver's voice-over and the Arrow music and then seamlessly transferred to Barry's and the Flash theme.

I can already tell Stein is going to be one of my favorites.  Victor Garber is totally got the "Veteran actor on CW show, who gets awesome lines, and owns all of them" role down pact.

Arthur Darvill seems like he'll be fun too, even if, yes, him being called a Time Master, just makes me think of Doctor Who again.

I'm still a little wary about Ray, but I think I might like him better here, since it's part of an ensemble, and it already looks like characters aren't going to just be in awe of him.  Saw a few bits where it looks like Stein and Sara are like "Dude, cut it out.", when start's doing his silly stuff.  I might be able to work with that.

• Love 3

I figured Vandal Savage would be the big bad after they announced that the villain was immortal. Dude's pretty prolific in the comics and the DCAU so this could be fun. Provided they cast him well. Like, really well. No Matt Nable-like as Ra's al Ghul type of casting, please.

But, HAWKGIRL, though! She's one of my favorites in the DCAU JL/JLU cartoons. I hope she'll be as awesome as I imagine her to be. And I will never, ever get tired of watching Sara Lance kicking so much ass.

I laughed like a loon when Palmer shrunk down. In a 'this is so hilariously dumb' way.

• Love 5