Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

So am I the only one getting a little nervous that maybe the character Caity Lotz is playing is not going to be Sara after all? Or is everyone still sure she'll be Sara?

I think her name will still be Sara. ;) How much of the Sara we had come to know or what kind of Sara she'll be is the more fitting question. But I think they'll get more mileage with our old Sara than a new kind of Sara (alternate reality/clone/shapeshifting Martian/etc). There's still a lot of drama and danger to be mined there when it comes to her past and her existing relationships with other characters on Arrow. And I think they'll need someone with a little more of a solid connection to the other shows' characters than Ray Palmer, Captain Cold, Heatwave, and Dr. Stein.

• Love 1

So am I the only one getting a little nervous that maybe the character Caity Lotz is playing is not going to be Sara after all? Or is everyone still sure she'll be Sara?

I'm not convinced Caity will be playing the same character. But there's very little to go on.

(edited)

There would be no point if Caity isn't playing Sara or some version of Sara when she looks exactly like Sara. In the pics of the spin off teaser she's not covering her face with anything. More so if Oliver is going to be crossing over to the show, he'll know that she looks like Sara. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I know others have said it before me, but I really don't understand what the point of bringing Caity Lotz onboard is if she's not going to play Sara Lance, and I have zero interest in a show in which she's not playing Sara Lance.

I realise bringing her back highlights even more that they killed off the wrong Lance sister, but Sara's presence has already removed any chance that Laurel has as being seen as 'Black Canary', the damage has already been done in my eyes.  Sara being alive is not going to make Laurel less ridiculous, the comparison's already out there.

• Love 6
(edited)

Aw, I was so rooting for Cheerleader Death Squad :( It sounded absolutely bonkers. Probably won't even bother with Julie Plec's show, she sucks.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1
(edited)

Quick google search tells me that

Schechter, who joined Warner Bros as a creative exec in 2005, rose to VP in 2007 and SVP in 2009. Among the films she has been supervising is the Berlanti-produced Pan, which became a priority project on a first draft by Jason Fuchs. The 3D film now has Joe Wright aboard as director, Hugh Jackman playing Blackbeard and Garrett Hedlund playing Hook and it is prepping in London for June 26, 2015 release. She has also been supervising the Etan Cohen-directed Get Hard, the comedy that will star Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart; the Ben Affleck-directed adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novel Live By Night; and the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed Akira. Among her other projects building steam at the studio were the Garth Davis-directed Shantaram, the Michael Sucsy-directed film based on the blog 40 Days Of Dating, and the Whitey Bulger pic that Affleck and Matt Damon have been developing. She will transition her projects to other Warner Bros execs and should be in the new job by March. Current Berlanti Productions president Melissa Kellner Berman will become a producer of some of Berlanti’s projects, I’m told.

Schechter will also become a producer on Pan, which is the company’s big priority in film. Berlanti has a prolific TV operation, including the current series Arrow, The Tomorrow People, and Flash. On the feature side, he directed Life As We Know It and was a writer on Green Lantern and Wrath Of The Titans.

Before Warner Bros, Schechter was an exec at Barry Mendel Productions at Universal and worked on such films as Munich and The Royal Tenenbaums. She began working for Oscar-winning documentary director Barbara Kopple. Berlanti’s company is repped by WME.

Edited by FurryFury

The only thing Cordon has going for it is Claudia Black is going to be in it. But Julie Plec is a huge turn off for me. 

The premise does sound interesting for Legends of Tomorrow. I just want to know who Caity is playing now. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Actually, this Shechter lady doesn't even seem like a writer, her IMDB credits are all producer-only. So we still don't know who will handle the actual showrunning duties.

I'm still banking on Caity playing Sara, otherwise they'd tell us already.

Would be fun if the rest of the characters were snatched from other time periods.

Edited by FurryFury
(edited)
The only thing Cordon has going for it is Claudia Black is going to be in it. But Julie Plec is a huge turn off for me.

Cordon sounds like The CW wants its own version of the Strain.  And I would wager that the pregnant teenager's baby will somehow be the source of the cure.

Spinoff has been officially picked up by the CW.

http://tvbythenumber...-the-cw/400854/

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known? The cast includes Victor Garber (The Flash); Brandon Routh (Arrow); Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who); Caity Lotz (Arrow); Dominic Purcell (The Flash) and Wentworth Miller (The Flash).

An immortal villain affecting all of space and time - sounds more like a problem that the Justice League should be dealing with instead of the B team.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

Very 'meh' about the title. I'm glad we got some type of synopsis:

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

(edited)
Cordon sounds like The CW wants its own version of the Strain.

Ugh. The Strain was the worst pilot I've seen in the last few years. And that's counting Gotham. I can't believe that show got season 2, I don't think I've ever hated the lead as much as there. (well, maybe Harvey from Suits).

I'll also say, that after Flash and Arrow, I REALLY hope there will be no "OTP" on this show in season 1, I'm sick of it.

Edited by FurryFury

They could be waiting to say who Caity is playing to avoid backlash of she's not playing Sara, knowing full well she's why a lot of people are invested in the show cause of her and might stop caring.

I do think she's playing Sara, just playing devil's advocate.

I really thought that they would have reintroduced her to Arrow by now though.

• Love 1
(edited)

So is the Title going to have the DC a part of it's title? Everybody could just call it DC legends if so? Just read Dateline and they leave out the DC :(

Edited by tarotx
(edited)
So is the Title going to have the DC a part of it's title? Everybody could just call it DC legends if so?

I don't see why it would. None of the other DC shows do.

Edited by FurryFury
(edited)

Very 'meh' about the title. I'm glad we got some type of synopsis:

It sounds like Rip will be the lead. Sure sounds better than having it focused on Ray.

Presumably Oliver and Barry have more important things to do than save the future. Either that, or they do something in Rip's version of the the future that causes Rip not to trust them. I'm fine with that.

"Always in motion, the future is." - Yoda

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 1

They could be waiting to say who Caity is playing to...

Also they might be waiting until after the finales, so that they don't spoil anything if they use the Flash/Arrow to set up the spin-off.

• Love 1

There is already a show called "Legends" currently airing, so like "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D there was maybe some naming right issues?

Although I think Legends of Tomorrow sounds hokey. 

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known? The cast includes Victor Garber (The Flash); Brandon Routh (Arrow); Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who); Caity Lotz (Arrow); Dominic Purcell (The Flash) and Wentworth Miller (The Flash).

An immortal villain affecting all of space and time - sounds more like a problem that the Justice League should be dealing with instead of the B team.

Sounds good to me but then you only have to say "space and time" and I'm in. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't see why it would. None of the other DC shows do.

It was called DC's Legends of tomorrow in the TV by the numbers article. I would have liked it to have the DC attached because these superhero's aren't as known... Edited by tarotx

Is it really going to be called Marvel's aka Jessica Jones? That sounds dumber than Legends of Tomorrow, they need to drop the aka and just call it Jessica Jones. 

I think all of their other names were/are already in use. 

I'll also say, that after Flash and Arrow, I REALLY hope there will be no "OTP" on this show in season 1, I'm sick of it.

Given that Jean Loring has already been dispatched, and the version of Hawkgirl (who didn't get a mention in the PR article :( ) they're using isn't the one traditionally paired with Hawkman, I don't think you have to worry... the closest thing I can see to an OTP in this cast (other than the Steins) is the bromance between Heat Wave and Captain Cold.

Ciara Renne who will play Hawkgirl hinted that they will make an appearance on the Flash

‏@CiaraRenee8

ALSO! Be sure to catch me and some of my castmates on the season finale of @CW_TheFlash ⚡

• Love 2

That's why I'm wondering if Sara will make an appearance on the Flash instead of Arrow. It seems more like they are spinning this show off from the Flash. Probably because it has better ratings. 

• Love 2

Given that Jean Loring has already been dispatched, and the version of Hawkgirl (who didn't get a mention in the PR article :( ) they're using isn't the one traditionally paired with Hawkman, I don't think you have to worry... the closest thing I can see to an OTP in this cast (other than the Steins) is the bromance between Heat Wave and Captain Cold.

Doesn't mean they aren't going to invent one specifically for the show and then force down our throats. I do hope not, however. Forced romance will probably make me give up The Flash unless they transfer the focus to non-Barry characters, so I'm really wary of this stuff from these writers/producers.

(edited)

Jean Loring was killed? I don't remember that. I thought she just left town or went back to her side of the city after Moria's trial. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Our Jean Loring is just too old to be ATOM's love interest. Though with time travel anything is possible I guess.

I actually like Romance and want to see some Sara and Nyssa.

• Love 1

That's why I'm wondering if Sara will make an appearance on the Flash instead of Arrow. It seems more like they are spinning this show off from the Flash. Probably because it has better ratings. 

If it means the spin-off is closer in tone (i.e. lighter) to Flash than Arrow, bring it on. Sick of doom and gloom.

• Love 2

I hope it will be a blend of both. I don't think Sara, as we know her, would fit the tone of The Flash. She's pretty dark and angsty. But she could contrast nicely with characters like Ray (dorky) or maybe Captain Cold (hammy).

• Love 1

I just remembered that the Flash season finale (5/19) is the week after the CW upfronts presentation (5/14). It's most likely that CW will have a teaser/trailer of the spin-off for the presentation. A slim -slim- chance, but there's the possibility that they hold off on releasing the teaser, so that the Flash finale isn't spoiled -- IF they're using the show to introduce the spinoff.

I didn't mean that she was dead, just that they had seemingly taken her out of the running to be Mrs. Palmer. That's my impression, anyway, but I didn't see those episodes so I'm going on what I've gleaned here.

I didn't mean that she was dead, just that they had seemingly taken her out of the running to be Mrs. Palmer. That's my impression, anyway, but I didn't see those episodes so I'm going on what I've gleaned here.

At some point this season, MG mentioned on Tumblr that Ray was going to have a connection to Jean, just not the comic one. Some people were speculating that she was his fiancee's mother or something, but they must've dropped that idea or cut the reference from the show. 

Before the season started, he said they would address the connection, but that it wouldn't be the comics one. More recently, someone asked him about on Tumblr and he said that the idea had been to make Jean Anna's mother, but that he didn't know if that would still happen or not. Apparently it didn't (unless they somehow shove it into next week's episode).

ah ok. The use of "dispatched" implied (to me) killed off.