Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

This showed up in Facebook memories today. Apparently TWoP had it's last day on May 31st, 2014. 

And all of us TWoP Refugees found a wonderful new home here ...like the next day LOL! And now the IMDB Refugees are here too! I hope they like it as much as I do!

• Love 3

Oh man. I was just watching Charlie Hunnam on Talking with Chris Hardwick. And he was talking about how hard it was for him to say good bye to Jax (his character from Sons of Anarchy) and how much Jax had become such a part of him and all I could think about is how hard it will be for Jensen to let go of Dean Winchester.   MEEP.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Oh man. I was just watching Charlie Hunnam on Talking with Chris Hardwick. And he was talking about how hard it was for him to say good bye to Jax (his character from Sons of Anarchy) and how much Jax had become such a part of him and all I could think about is how hard it will be for Jensen to let go of Dean Winchester.   MEEP.

Oh I agree X 1000! He is so protective of the character and has lived in Dean's skin for 12 years now. I can't even imagine - it will be like losing his best friend (minus Jared, of course). He may actually go through the stages of grief. I'm not kidding. :(

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Oh I agree X 1000! He is so protective of the character and has lived in Dean's skin for 12 years now. I can't even imagine - it will be like losing his best friend (minus Jared, of course). He may actually go through the stages of grief. I'm not kidding. :(

Hunnam said it was much harder than he expected. He would find reasons to back to the lot after filming wrapped and he kept stealing things from the set. Apparently he stole the specific  motorcycle he rode for most of the show and it's now in his garage. LOL. At least Jensen already knows he gets to keep the Hero Impala

Hi everyone!  New here.  It's been awhile since I was involved with a fandom forum (anyone remember the old Yahoo Groups?) but a friend of mine convinced me to join.  It was traditional back in the day to introduce yourself, so here I am.  Introducing myself.  :)  I've been watching Supernatural for awhile and I'll probably mostly lurk, but I do enjoy reading all the opinions!

• Love 6

Hey guys. I had no idea where to put this, so I decided to put it here. I know some of you go to cons/read about the boys at cons, etc. I think @SueB has been to a few as have I. But, has anyone ever asked the guys what they are really drinking when they "drink" whiskey and/or beer on the show? Inquiring minds want to know.

10 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Hey guys. I had no idea where to put this, so I decided to put it here. I know some of you go to cons/read about the boys at cons, etc. I think @SueB has been to a few as have I. But, has anyone ever asked the guys what they are really drinking when they "drink" whiskey and/or beer on the show? Inquiring minds want to know.

I believe it has been asked at earlier cons and the answer was tea or apple juice with some additional coloring. However, I do know there's been a couple times they've pranked the boys by substituting real alcohol--the end of A Very Supernatural Christmas comes immediately to mind. 

• Love 3

Thanks for the info, DDD. I thought it might be tea for the whiskey. But beer has a different texture with the foam and they do have it in a glass occasionally. I laughed about AVSC, because yeah, that really looked like eggnog which would be easy to spike for laughs. :)

19 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Thanks for the info, DDD. I thought it might be tea for the whiskey. But beer has a different texture with the foam and they do have it in a glass occasionally. I laughed about AVSC, because yeah, that really looked like eggnog which would be easy to spike for laughs. :)

They do tea for scotch and O'Doul's (or equivalent non-alcoholic) for beer.  I don't know if that's for the bottled beer or just the stuff in glasses, on-tap. 

• Love 3

@AwesomO4000

I was seeing these interesting bugs all over the place in Knoxville. Have you seen them before?

I was shocked in general by how different the bugs/animals/plants/climate were in TN compared to VA. I mean, it's right next door! Well, "next door" meaning 8 hours away -- but still.

IMG_0619.JPG

Tea or coke diluted with water was our usual mixture to substitute for alcohol when we did performances.  Of course I was the only one that didn't have a clue as to what it should really look like.  I was 19 at the time and grew up in a household that if you drink you'll go to hell.  The funny part, all of my siblings are going to hell by that definition...we all drink although it is still rare for me to do it since I don't like the flavor that much. 

I have seen actors steal someone drink in a production during a dinner Theatre type show and it was a well know actor at the time.  It was funny to me, I'm sure it wasn't so much for the person that bought the drink. 

But I wouldn't be surprised if the boys accidentally got the good stuff every now and then as a prank or reward depending on how you looked at it.  lol

3 hours ago, rue721 said:

@AwesomO4000

I was seeing these interesting bugs all over the place in Knoxville. Have you seen them before?

I was shocked in general by how different the bugs/animals/plants/climate were in TN compared to VA. I mean, it's right next door! Well, "next door" meaning 8 hours away -- but still.

IMG_0619.JPG

Well, these are baby bugs! (Bugs as in true bugs or Hemiptera). That I can say for sure. As for what kind, my guess is either baby boxelder bugs (see here and here) or baby goldenraintree bugs (see here and here). Those are the most likely suspects, though there might be others. A lot of species of bugs have red nymphs. But based on their shape and the way they are grouped together, those are the two main suspects. There are some other baby bugs that are red and group together, but many of them are roundish in shape (see here * and here) or are more "gangly" (see here and here).

* These guys are cute. The mom bug takes care of the babies for a time, bringing back seeds to the nest for them to eat.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Dean will be devastated! The original campy Batman, Adam West has died. RIP Adam!

This was posted in the Celebrity Deaths thread: Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt

Adam West and Burt Ward go in search of the Batmobile after it is stolen, and along the way find themselves forced to consult their memories to decipher clues left by the criminals, evidently people they had known from filming the Batman television series. It's very meta and there are a couple familiar faces along the way. 

(edited)

It is Steve Walsh's birthday (born June 15, 1951).  He sings lead on Carry On Wayward Son.  Before I posted this I was musing that this could also go in Cast In Other Roles. 

Edited by Commando Cody
  • Love 3

I'm now picturing a half naked demon!Dean singing Carry On My Wayward Son on one of his karoake binges. Maybe even wearing his red gym shorts and nothing else.

20 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

It is Steve Walsh's birthday (born June 15, 1951).  He sings lead on Carry On Wayward Son.  Before I posted this I was musing that this could also go in Cast In Other Roles. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm now picturing a half naked demon!Dean singing Carry On My Wayward Son on one of his karoake binges. Maybe even wearing his red gym shorts and nothing else.

I know! That outfit (I use the word loosely) is really, really something. BTW, I actually went to an Air Supply concert back in the day. LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

I know! That outfit (I use the word loosely) is really, really something. BTW, I actually went to an Air Supply concert back in the day. LOL

I went to one a year ago, they still sound the same.

• Love 2

Here's something to tickle your funny bone.

My car's Needs Maintenance light came on, so I took it to the shop last night. Turned out it needed new tires, new shocks, etc (I kind of expected this. My tires were 10 years old. As is the rest of the car!).

The mechanic was super nice, though, and said he'd finish up my car that night even though they were technically closing in an hour. So I sit there in the auto shop waiting room about three hours, getting progressively more anxious. You know, busy weekend -- lots of schoolwork, Father's Day, etc. I'm starting to freak out that I'm not going to get it all done if I spend all evening in that waiting room just fiddling with my phone.

Then the mechanic bursts into the waiting room, all sweaty and breathless. He says that I shouldn't worry, he's about to start work on my car. I'm like, "uh, about to?" Turns out that he had to run out and get a part for me, and while he was at the auto parts store, his own car's battery died.

The guys at the shop had giving him an alignment that morning, and left his lights on. So his car went dead in the Auto Zone parking lot, so he needed one of the other mechanics to come and give him a jump. Except that he was working on my car after hours, so all the mechanics had already left...

Well anyway, long story short, I thought it was funny. Sounds like he might have lost a rabbit's foot recently, TBH.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, SueB said:

Hip-deep in wedding prep for son's wedding on Sat..... I'll catch up next week.  

Sue good luck I hope their day is wonderful. Bless your heart 2 weddings within a month, crazy.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

Rob Lowe and his two sons are going to be in a ghost hunting show. The first thing I thought about was Supernatural. However, they actually mention The Winchesters in this article. 

https://moviepilot.com/p/rob-lowe-the-lowe-files-paranormal-investigation-series/4306913?utm_source=fb-stream-post&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=rob-lowe-to-center-new-paranormal-investigation-show-the-lowe-files

That article irritated me irrationally. Don't tell the Winchesters to step aside and then use a gif of them! BOO I say BOO! LOL

What's really sort of sad from this American, is that I know "O Canada" from watching hockey. Yes, Happy Birthday to Canada - our friendly neighbor to the north. However, after reading an article in the newspaper, I learned that Canada feared that the United States might cross their borders and fight them so that the US could annex them. Supposedly that is one of the main reasons that the provinces united to form a country 150 years ago.

16 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

What's really sort of sad from this American, is that I know "O Canada" from watching hockey. Yes, Happy Birthday to Canada - our friendly neighbor to the north. However, after reading an article in the newspaper, I learned that Canada feared that the United States might cross their borders and fight them so that the US could annex them. Supposedly that is one of the main reasons that the provinces united to form a country 150 years ago.

LOL I know it from watching baseball and the Olympics.

42 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Especially as guys have those 'dangly bits ' (to quote Crowley).  He sure is nuts. :)

TMI time. The crash that put me off mountain biking was because I was riding a men's bike that was too big for me. I didn't know enough to understand that at the time. Anyway, I went down a big ravine and was going up the other side and hit a rock. It bounced me off the bike and I landed right on the crossbar.  Let's just say...I think I kind of understand as much as having female anatomy, allows what being racked is like.  That was in my top 5 most painful things I've ever experienced. And because I was so competitive, I kept riding and well, I couldn't walk for a few days after that.