Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

Boy oh boy. I've been irritated with Kripke and his "easter eggs"/ cannibalizing his stuff SPN stuff for Timeless and I was just watching Frequency and I see a "THEN" and "NOW". 

Come on all you former SPN showrunners. Theft, I say, theft! LOL

From the ratings thread @FlickChick

, I know the World Series doesn't play on Thursdays (unless rain/snow?), but I'm here to say my Cubs won their first NL Pennant since WWII ended! So, hey guys, it's been awhile! *tm Hendricksen. Go Cubs!!!

More perspective about the Cubs making the WS.

from Dexter Fowler (Old friend of my Rockies)

• Love 1

I just found this, and stumbled into a world of Halloween window projection!  Oh why didn't I find this weeks ago....

http://atmosfx.com/collections/atmosfearfx/products/phantasms

I love the seductive siren and wicked wraith (the window/hollusion versions).  In fact, the wraith has a scene of him flying around, grabbing up souls which look similar to how Supernatural shows them.  I doubt my windows would really work for this (I have all tall, narrow windows with spacing between them), but do I really want to try!

• Love 1
On 7/19/2016 at 9:22 AM, pixelcat said:

They are redeveloping the building next to mine, and are currently in the process of cutting down all of the trees on their property.  Only one of the trees is actually dead, the others give my bedroom so much shade in the morning!  I am very sad they lied to me and said the trees would be left alone.  They sit on the very corner of the property, as far from the building as they could be.  Guess I'll be up even earlier than normal tomorrow morning (my window faces east).  Hooray?

So they ended up only taking down one dead tree, and one live tree (same species of tree) but leaving two others in the back corner.  All the other trees on the property were removed.  This is what it looks like as of today:

snip1.jpg

Taken from my bedroom window.  Guessing all they're going to leave is the front wall facing the street/park and rebuild everything else.  Because it's super important to keep the look from the street, but who cares what the back looks like.  I'm just hoping they don't install "sun death-ray" windows on the back, since the afternoon sun would hit them and shine in my windows for hours.

• Love 2

Hey Guys!

Wanted to post here, because Mick posted in the episode thread, and I didn't want you to think I died or something! On the contrary, I'm doing great! Oh I had some problems with radiation, got a bad burn! But the drugs they gave me were great, in fact I can't recommend them enough!

But now, after four surgeries, chemo and radiation, I feel wonderful! I have all my energy back, no pain at all, and everything is good. I haven't been around because we have been bouncing around with happiness and just enjoying life together. Mick has been a saint through all this, I can't stress that enough, and I feel like I'm the luckiest woman alive.

But I'm back now, and will be posting again like crazy. I love you guys, and will be sending some PM's soon. And guys, (you know who I mean) get back to that fan fic!

--

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

Hey Guys!

Wanted to post here, because Mick posted in the episode thread, and I didn't want you to think I died or something! On the contrary, I'm doing great! Oh I had some problems with radiation, got a bad burn! But the drugs they gave me were great, in fact I can't recommend them enough!

But now, after four surgeries, chemo and radiation, I feel wonderful! I have all my energy back, no pain at all, and everything is good. I haven't been around because we have been bouncing around with happiness and just enjoying life together. Mick has been a saint through all this, I can't stress that enough, and I feel like I'm the luckiest woman alive.

But I'm back now, and will be posting again like crazy. I love you guys, and will be sending some PM's soon. And guys, (you know who I mean) get back to that fan fic!

--

So glad to have you back. We have missed you. Love your wonderful health new, you are so strong! Can't wait to read your post.

• Love 1

What's everybody doing for Halloween?

I'm very boring and will be going to work all day, and then taking an accounting exam in the evening. I'm going to really miss seeing the trick-or-treaters, and everybody's costumes this year!

Anybody who I can live through vicariously? ;)

• Love 1

Trick-or-treaters don't really come to our complex so I don't bother to buy candy to hand out. I have a pair of creepy demon hands gloves that make my hands look burned with long bony fingers and black nails. They are really gross and effective as they are not obvious until I use my hands, like handing money over to cashiers or something. They'll sort of pull up short for a moment and do a double take then "EWW GROSS" and then they laugh.

• Love 2

I am taking my 3 year old nephew trick or treating this year with my brother, can't wait we didn't have him last year. He is going to be buzz lightyear. He's excited but who knows if he will be shy or really into it. I can't wait.

• Love 2

*Waves to MickLady* I'll try harder to finish my fanfic chapter. I was so close when I lost my muse, and it's been hard to get it back.

As for Halloween, Trick or Treaters don't come to my house either. I live way up on a hill. So I go to the Trick or Treaters. Mum and I take our candy and some chairs and set up on a corner under a street light on one of the most popular streets for Trick or Treaters to go down. (The street is actually only a few blocks away from our house), I bring my giant spider to sit on my shoulder and give out the candy to the kids passing by. It's fun seeing all of the costumes. And then when we run out of candy, that's okay, because we can just pick up and go back home.

• Love 3

I'm in a deep funk over Halloween.  I love to make a fuss with the pumpkin and trick-or-treaters.  I don't dress up but I love seeing all the kids.  And this year I'm ON TRAVEL.  For the first time. Ever. In 54 years. I'm missing Halloween (it's not the same in a hotel!).

1 hour ago, SueB said:

I'm in a deep funk over Halloween.  I love to make a fuss with the pumpkin and trick-or-treaters.  I don't dress up but I love seeing all the kids.  And this year I'm ON TRAVEL.  For the first time. Ever. In 54 years. I'm missing Halloween (it's not the same in a hotel!).

If you see a little kid dressed as an astronaut in the hotel parking lot, GIVE HIM CANDY!

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, SueB said:

You can join me for my Halloween celebration, SueB ;)

IMG_0486.JPG

ETA: Welcome to the *thunderclap* house of horrors!

Beware the phantom of miscalculated work in progress inventory!

Guard against the ghoul of activity based costing!

Heed the sinister harbingers of job order as opposed to process cost systems!

THERE WILL BE NO MAKE UP EXAMSSSSSSSS

mwhahahaha

Edited by rue721
The horror! the horrorrrrrrr!
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, rue721 said:

You can join me for my Halloween celebration, SueB ;)

IMG_0486.JPG

Oooh. THANKS.  I'll take a couple of those pumpkins and three dark candy corns.  *yum*

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SueB said:

Woot! I'll take a whole cup then.  But that's my limit.  I don't eat sugar that much.  Likely to zing high and then fall into a stupor.  Thanks. :)

OK, in return for that treat, that will be one festive costume, please! Or a trick. ;)

Naw, just playing, you can have as much candy corn as you want. I'll even try to set up a little Halloween vignette for you tomorrow ;) If only I had some dry ice...

This is actually my second 4.5lbs bag, too. Shhhhhhh. 9lbs of candy corn...Wow. I almost want to get a little bit more to see if I can eat a tenth of my weight in....OK NO BAD IDEA STOP IT.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Soooo, any chocolate in that bag??

OK, out with it. Expand on this chocolate idea. I've still got to go to CVS tonight... ;)

By the way guys, I'm going to try and go to my accounting exam dressed as Neegan. I have to wear my leather jacket anyway, because it's chilly, and it's almost the same cut as he's got. Probably nobody is going to notice that I'm "in costume," because my own jacket and scarf are not really a costume at all, plus I uhhhhhh fill them out a little differently from how he does? But I am going to (internally) find it hilarious. And then I'll probably have to come home and take a hot shower until the water runs out because ugh he's so disgusting. But that's my best costume idea so far.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  (For those who celebrate.)  

I am so bummed.  We got a grand total of 3 kids come to the house this year.  *sigh*  At least that's 3x as many as last year.

How much candy do you have left?

8 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  (For those who celebrate.)  

I am so bummed.  We got a grand total of 3 kids come to the house this year.  *sigh*  At least that's 3x as many as last year.

Aww?! You guys are going to have to start doing what @AwesomO4000 and her mom does...go to the kids rather than wait for them to come to you. But, that stinks, all that work you guys did and only three kids? I'm sorry.

27 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

How much candy do you have left?

About 500 pieces.  My husband's Hulk cookie jar is going to be full tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Aww?! You guys are going to have to start doing what @AwesomO4000 and her mom does...go to the kids rather than wait for them to come to you. But, that stinks, all that work you guys did and only three kids? I'm sorry.

Yep.  It's crazy.  Until we moved here, we always worried that we didn't buy enough candy.  Last year was the first time we didn't run out in the first hour.  I'm not sure who's more bummed, me or my husband.  This is his favorite holiday and it's been incredibly disappointing the past couple of years.  Maybe next year will be better.  (You know we're still going to decorate and dress up, right?)

• Love 2
22 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Dark Chocolate with almonds

OK, catrox, I really tried. But all they had at the store were full size bars of Hershey milk chocolate with almonds. Which sounded really nasty to me, so I couldn't buy any.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, rue721 said:

OK, catrox, I really tried. But all they had at the store were full size bars of Hershey milk chocolate with almonds. Which sounded really nasty to me, so I couldn't buy any.

Good call, because milk chocolate is nasty and it's not chocolate. No child should  subjected to it.  :) Thanks for trying though!!

Just now, catrox14 said:

Good call, because milk chocolate is nasty and it's not chocolate. No child should  subjected to it.  :) Thanks for trying though!!

Child?! That candy would have been more ME, girl ;)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Heresy!  Dark chocolate is OK in some situations, but milk chocolate is BLISS.

EWww.  milk chocolate is chocolate as much as white chocolate is as in it's NOT. But to each their own!

Okay fair point about the Belgian Milk Chocolate! It is edible.

8 hours ago, Demented Daisy said:

I like the German better than the Belgian or Swiss, but, hey, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.  I mean, it's chocolate.

Nuts I can handle, but nougat?  Ewww.  Nougat is of the devil!

Nougat is pretty discussing.  I'm fine with almonds and hazelnuts. But nougat...Blech

Dark chocolate is more my thing in general. Just plain, 72%. But Hershey bars are pretty good for stovetop smores, though! I'm not going to complain about milk chocolate as long as smores are an option ;)

And, based on the above conversation, I hereby introduce catrox's least favorite candy ;) It's white chocolate AND filled with weird cookie crumb balls!

hersheys-cookies-n-cream-candy-bars-125888-w.jpg

I used to like Hershey's Cookies and Mint when I was a kid.

After reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I thought that Charlie Bucket's idea of eating his candy one crumb at a time was spectacular, and decided to copy him. That was around the same time that Hershey's Cookies and Mint was my favorite -- so I spent quite a few hours "studying" those candy bars. I guess that's why I still remember them so well!

Right now, I'm eating some Nutella on Ritz crackers for dessert, though. It's especially good if you mix the Nutella with peanut butter, right on the top of the cracker. Mmmmmm. Very filling, though.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

Right now, I'm eating some Nutella on Ritz crackers for dessert, though. It's especially good if you mix the Nutella with peanut butter, right on the top of the cracker. Mmmmmm. Very filling, though.

Sounds similar to one of my new favorite things... Peanut butter spread on top of fudge. Thankfully I can't get a hold of good fudge too often, because my waistline would suffer.

I agree with @catrox14 about the dark chocolate, but I do like my dark chocolate with things. Nuts are good, vanilla cream is good, but my favorites are lemon or orange cream. Not hard caramel or jellies though - yuck.

However, I also found out that I like something called "raw cacao" chocolate bars. I brought a bunch back from Roatan (Honduras). Because it has no palm oil or other oils, it doesn't melt like processed chocolate. The cacao is also not roasted either, so it supposedly has more antioxidants. The company/shop sells milk chocolate, but I got the 75% raw cacao bars. Sea salt is good, but the kind with passionfruit is my favorite. When I tried it in the store (they have samples of all of their flavors to try before you buy), I thought it was going to be weird and chalky without the oils and roasting and such, but it was surprisingly good and not chalky at all.

• Love 1

Hee, I'm nibbling on that passionfruit chocolate. I always feel a little bad when I first break one of the bars though, since they are so precisely formed with a design on the front and everything... but then I taste the chocolate and don't feel so bad anymore. Hee.

But no, I haven't tried Bark Thins Chocolate Pieces.

Just now, AwesomO4000 said:

Hee, I'm nibbling on that passionfruit chocolate. I always feel a little bad when I first break one of the bars though, since they are so precisely formed with a design on the front and everything... but then I taste the chocolate and don't feel so bad anymore. Hee.

But no, I haven't tried Bark Thins Chocolate Pieces.

Those sound delicious. There is an 85% Dark Chocolate from Trader Joe's that is to die for.