Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

Thanks for taking a look. I am trying to add a couple of the real establishments that I stopped at. I didn't get to stay at some of the cities long enough to do that.  

I'm enjoying the re-watch except for seeing Dead In The Water again which was kind of a nothing episode. Plus, they didn't visit a real town anyway.

I'll probably put the map back on private for a while, but I appreciate that you took the time to look at it in it's early stages. 

• Love 1

The CW should change their tagline to: Entertaining audiences with Darkness since 2010!

Sorry, bad Smallville joke there. I recently finished watching Smallville and their S10 was all about taking down the Darkness. But, yes, the CW has been full of the Darkness all damn season. They have no notion of guile, if you ask me.

• Love 2

Oh for Chuck's sake.  CW, never change.  ;-)

On The Flash, Zoom (no spoilers) just said, "You can't lock up the darkness."  Then his eyes turned black.

And on Arrow, its been all we can't live in the Darkness. and we can't let the darkness take over. ...and I just keep thinking...can't Supernatural just have ONE thing for itself.  :( LOL

JFC. I can't believe it. Prince was my 2nd favorite artist in the world. EVER. I saw him in concert once and it was the show of a lifetime. His SB show was my favorite. I am actually in tears about this one. 

Purple Rain and Controversy are two of the best albums ever produced. He was prolific in writing for other people too.

I am just stunned.

RIP Prince Rogers Nelson :(

• Love 1

Except for a couple of songs, I didn't like Prince's music in the early years. I found some of it too raunchy for my taste. I always enjoyed his interviews though - when he finally started doing them. He was smart and funny. It was in the later years when I truly started to appreciate how mega talented he really was. I never saw him live. He started throwing these overnight parties at Paisley Park. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I wanted to go to one, but I never got to the actual planning stage. 

I've finished through S1 E8 - Bugs. Oasis Plains and Otaka Valley, OK don't exist either.

I have been trying to write down a few trivial things as I go. I have been writing the songs down as I hear them. I know some of the more famous songs, but I can't identify all of them. 

I have glanced at a couple Wikis. They have some cities listed that weren't that apparent from watching the DVDs and I wondered how they figured out that they were in those cities. Mostly it was Phantom Traveler. I must have missed some references. I don't remember anyone even saying "Pennsylvania". 

I don't think there's a "Blackwater Ridge," either, though Lost Creek Wilderness is real.  I saw that you had Fairplay listed as the town to visit, and Wikipedia does say that's one of the closest towns, but it's actually a ghost town/tourist spot with just a museum of old mining cabins.  Interesting to visit, but probably not a spot the boys would had gone, and definitely not where they met Hailey and her brothers.  

As a side note, I went to college at New Paltz (State University of New York) and it certainly didn't look anything like the town in Provenance.  Yes, it was a long time ago, but it was basically a two-street college town, though there were some very nice, very large old houses on the outskirts.  The mountains are nice and some of the best hiking/climbing in the east, so I do recommend a visit.

• Love 1

Lost Creek Wilderness is listed in Google Maps as being in Fairplay, CO. So I pin pointed the city as well. It is interesting to find out that it's a ghost town. Jericho, CA in the pilot is also a ghost town. Apparently, it hasn't been listed on any maps since the late 1800's. It wasn't listed in Google Maps. 

Edited by Commando Cody

Former Coloradoan here.

Fairplay is not a ghost town. It's a small town but not a ghost town. My brother and his wife used to live just outside Fairplay. I was there visiting them like 5 years ago and we had lunch in the town and messed around the preserved old town section.

But it's in Park County CO and the high school is South Park High School, which is where the TV show South Park gets it's name. It's about 2.5 hours from Denver.

Lost Creek Wilderness is a real and beautiful place not THAT far from Fairplay. Hailey and her brother could absolutely have lived in Fairplay and gone to Lost Creek Wilderness in the same day.

So I give SPN points for getting Lost Creek Wilderness  pretty much right aside from the wrong trees and overgrown moss.

Fairplay.

375px-DSCN3327_fairplayandsouthparkcity_

Lost Creek Wilderness Area

178712.JPG

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I stand corrected!  I was there once over 10 years ago, driving from Breckenridge to Colorado Springs on the back roads, and stopped at the ghost town/tourist spot, so I didn't realize it wasn't the town itself.  Or maybe I'm confusing it with something else.  It was a stand-alone ghost town/museum somewhere around Alma/Fairplay, where you paid admission to go walk around and in and out of all the buildings. Sorry for the confusion! 

• Love 1

I stand corrected!  I was there once over 10 years ago, driving from Breckenridge to Colorado Springs on the back roads, and stopped at the ghost town/tourist spot, so I didn't realize it wasn't the town itself.  Or maybe I'm confusing it with something else.  It was a stand-alone ghost town/museum somewhere around Alma/Fairplay, where you paid admission to go walk around and in and out of all the buildings. Sorry for the confusion! 

Yeah you might have done the Alma Walking Tour or the one in Fairplay but that wasn't the rest of the town :)

Just thought I'd shared the 411 and that for once Supernatural was not THAT far off on the Vancouver USA trail LOL

• Love 1

Got it!  It was South Park City (or Park City) just outside of (or next to) Fairplay.  Sorry!

I tried adding links from the ghost town site and the Colorado sites, but they don't want to link.  You can Google it, if you're curious.  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2

It's just embarrassing.  I've lived in Colorado for 30 years, and used to work in the local history dept. of the library here.  I guess I forgot everything once I retired!

• Love 1

It's just embarrassing.  I've lived in Colorado for 30 years, and used to work in the local history dept. of the library here.  I guess I forgot everything once I retired!

Ha! Whereabouts in CO. I grew up in Aurora

I birthed both my babies in Aurora.  The old Army Fitzsimmons Medical Center.  Army drab green and recovery "ward" versus individual rooms.  Looked like something out of the old movies.

• Love 1

I have to be in Aurora in June, to see a doctor at the Anschutz Medical Center.  Frankly (even though I grew up in NYC) I hyperventilate in Denver traffic/anywhere north of Castle Rock on I-25.

The last time I saw the doctor was in November, when I scheduled my appointment for the Friday of the Denver Con so I could go straight to the hotel from the doc and spend the weekend enjoying!

• Love 2

I birthed both my babies in Aurora.  The old Army Fitzsimmons Medical Center.  Army drab green and recovery "ward" versus individual rooms.  Looked like something out of the old movies.

GTFO!!  That's wild. So many of my friends were army brats that lived at Fitzsimmons or in the neighborhood nearby. They've completely rebuilt that to be the University of Colorado Medical Center. It's a massive complex now.

I lived up the road off Colfax and Chambers near Hinkley High School. My mom lived there until she died.

As a side note, I went to college at New Paltz (State University of New York) and it certainly didn't look anything like the town in Provenance. Yes, it was a long time ago, but it was basically a two-street college town, though there were some very nice, very large old houses on the outskirts. The mountains are nice and some of the best hiking/climbing in the east, so I do recommend a visit.

I'm a native of Wisconsin- Madison, to be exact- and Fitchburg is a little bedroom community right outside it. These days you can't tell where Madison ends and Fitchburg begins and nope, no hospital. The kids would most probably be at University Hospital

As a side note, I went to college at New Paltz (State University of New York) and it certainly didn't look anything like the town in Provenance. Yes, it was a long time ago, but it was basically a two-street college town, though there were some very nice, very large old houses on the outskirts. The mountains are nice and some of the best hiking/climbing in the east, so I do recommend a visit.

I'm a native of Wisconsin- Madison, to be exact- and Fitchburg is a little bedroom community right outside it. These days you can't tell where Madison ends and Fitchburg begins and nope, no hospital in Fitchburg. The kids would most probably be at the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison. Edited by mertensia
  • Love 1

Haven't been around much lately, just swinging by for a few.  Glad to see that Mick Lady checked in.  The students are wearing me out...the good news school will be out soon.

My energy has been really low lately, so I may not be back often for a bit.  Glad to see the site is doing well. 

I think I have an idea for an fanfic and someone may be the inspiration for the story-line.  It has to do with loving Jensen's arms...I wonder who that could be???  :)

I will leave this one thought that is really to do with the beginning of this month.  When we deal with emotions and issues, we do it one layer at a time.  Just when you think you've got it all under control, wham here is the next layer.  It's normal and just means your ready to deal with the next thing. 

It seems like everyone I know is dealing with lots of heavy issues right now.  Maybe it's in the Supernatural water...don't know but at least we know we've got a common ground to come to distract us from real life issues.  Sometimes that is what we really need.  Keep smiling and I'll try to swing by soon.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, trxr4kids said:

Yeah everything's wonky, I'm not a fan so far.

Yeah, it looks like you really have to recustomize your follows in the content I folllow OR wait for someone to post to trigger it. I think, if I'm reading the questions forum properly

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah, it looks like you really have to recustomize your follows in the content I folllow OR wait for someone to post to trigger it. I think, if I'm reading the questions forum properly

It seems like it might depend on what you're posting from. I'm away from home and what I see on my kindle is very different from the screenshots being posted. It's very frustrating right now trying to find anything.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

It seems like it might depend on what you're posting from. I'm away from home and what I see on my kindle is very different from the screenshots being posted. It's very frustrating right now trying to find anything.

Yeah I was working from my phone earlier and that was not a pleasant user experience. Too much scrolling and the top link didn't take me back to the top either.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah I was working from my phone earlier and that was not a pleasant user experience. Too much scrolling and the top link didn't take me back to the top either.

Plus, took me forever to realise my user name doesn't display so when they kept saying to click on the "new content" box under my user name...well I was confused. I think I'm finding my way around though. Probably will just take time to get used to. Annoying though, but what doesn't annoy me these days? ;)

• Love 1
Just now, Diane said:

Its not pleasant from a desktop computer either.

True. I've been messing around with both.  I think the difference is that I'm able to at least see more of the real estate on the screen without FOREVER SCROLLING which is heating up my screen too. Sigh.  #FirstWorldProblems

• Love 1
Just now, catrox14 said:

True. I've been messing around with both.  I think the difference is that I'm able to at least see more of the real estate on the screen without FOREVER SCROLLING which is heating up my screen too. Sigh.  #FirstWorldProblems

I agree with that.  I can roll with changes, but this is just not user friendly.

• Love 1

It looks like on the older posts that quoted posts are indented but that who said them isn't shown... at least not on my computer (which is a laptop which is at present on a docking station.) This might be confusing for any newbies trying to follow a conversation. But *sigh*, I don't like new format changes. They seem to be doing it to our work e-mail every other month... I'm like "wait a minute, wasn't that a square icon thingy yesterday? Why is it a circle now?" At present here, the new paragraph space thing is bugging me, because I keep hitting the enter key twice like usual and ending up with too many spaces.

I'm sure there are probably some fancy new abilities, but I don't twitter or facebook or any of that so that kind of upgrade is going to go right over my head anyway, and wait a minute...

"Hey you kids get offa my lawn! I know your parents!"

Now, wait what was I talking about? *Wanders off, muttering to herself*

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

It looks like on the older posts that quoted posts are indented but that who said them isn't shown... at least not on my computer (which is a laptop which is at present on a docking station.) This might be confusing for any newbies trying to follow a conversation. But *sigh*, I don't like new format changes. They seem to be doing it to our work e-mail every other month... I'm like "wait a minute, wasn't that a square icon thingy yesterday? Why is it a circle now?" At present here, the new paragraph space thing is bugging me, because I keep hitting the enter key twice like usual and ending up with too many spaces.

I'm sure there are probably some fancy new abilities, but I don't twitter or facebook or any of that so that kind of upgrade is going to go right over my head anyway, and wait a minute...

"Hey you kids get offa my lawn! I know your parents!"

Now, wait what was I talking about? *Wanders off, muttering to herself*

I noticed the quote thing too, it's confusing.

• Love 1